YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 09-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #76  

There. My fifth workout for the week is done. The kids were actually good while I did another 30 minutes.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:40 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Way to go Misty!

I am assuming you did not do 5 workouts today? You start your week over on Wed mornings?

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #78  

LOL No Nikki I only did two workouts today. I did a 30 minute one, took a breif rest and then did another 30 minutes. So really I only worked out an hour. Yes, my week will begin again tomarrow since I weigh in tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #79  
The Resolute

Hi Nikki, Misty, Sums,
Glad to see ya'll are getting your workouts in!! YAY!! I'm trucking along as well!! I need to keep count like ya'll do, that is very wise! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and to see how your Tuesdays were going. I weigh-in tonight, and I'm nervous, but I think I might have lost a little something! (HOPEFULLY!!!) Anyway, doesn't everyone else weigh-in today too? How did it go for everyone??

Talk to you all soon!

PS. Misty u made me really hungry for ICE CREAM!!! MY FAVORITE!!! LOL!!!
erincrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #80  

Hi everybody! How's everyones Tuesday going? Mine has been pretty good, and the weekend wan't bad either, I have been sticking to my plan, and hopefully it will show at weigh in Friday!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:20 AM   #81  

Happy Wednesday Everyone.

I did not stay for my meeting last night. By the time DH got home and quit yaking with his dad so I could leave I was so late the receptionist had to weigh me in. The meeting had already started and there were no chairs. I would have had to interuppt the meeting and go to the front and get a chair. I am just not confident enough to do that I am really rather shy. But i weighed in an dlost I a pounds so I am pleased. Then I came home and went one a binge. Can't even tell you what I ate. I don't really remember it's all a blur. Oh well.

Today is a new week. I sat down this morning and looked at a few things. WW recommends that you get 28 Activity points a Week. My current workouts give me 2 a day for 5 days for a total of 10 a week. I need to step up my workouts a bit if I want to get those 28 points. I think 28 is high. But I am going to try to workout in the am and if I have time and energy see if I can squeeze in a second moderate workout in the afternoon or evening. I am also considering adding my resistence program back into my workouts. That would bump my current workout to 3 points a day. We'll see how it goes. I think I will be doing ok if I work the program, try to heal my emotional eating, and actually stick to my 12 week treadmill program.

WTG on the loss Nikki, I hope the weigh in went well Erin! Good luck with Weighins this week to Sums and Donna!!

Ok got to run!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:00 AM   #82  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone and welcome to any newbies. I just got on the scale and I was down 1lb. not much but I will take it. I have 9.5 more to lose by christmas. I like the idea of breaking up some of the goal. I will work on losing 5lbs. by thanksgiving. That is a good way to set it up. I got that idea from this site. Someone had broken it all down and I think its a good way to do it. So I will shoot for that. That is a reasonable goal and reachable if I get my act together. Exercise other than yard work and walking in and out of places at work still hasn't been great for me. I need to schedule my workouts as I do my appts. with my clients. That way I will be more apt. to do them on a regular basis. This summer has been so busy I have been getting exercise with hiking, walking and gardening etc. But the time is coming to return to the gym..... Good luck everyone and keep up your good work. Todays wt. 169.5 I broke the 70's hurray! I hope it will motivate me to really get into it!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #83  

YAY CASMSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job on the pound loss and breaking free of the 170's!!! I also lik ethe idea of breaking up teh goal. 20 pounds by Christmas isn't much and I feel it's managable, but right now I am really focusing on 191, which is my 10%. And just ebfore that 193, b/c 194 has been the lowest I have been in years. I reache dthat in February then went back up. So I wnat to see 193, once I do I know I will be heading in the right direction and I will be free from worrying about everythinG I gained back after I had lost so much.

I just finished my 30 minute treadmill workout and a 20 minute strength training workout. I am going to add in bonus workouts to my signature so I cna keep track. My main focus are those 74 workouts I committed to, but I also reallyw ant to try to get those 28 activity points in one week. Just to see if I can do it really.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #84  

Great Job Ladies on the weight loss! And thank you for the encouragement to stick with it. This morning I swam a mile before work so I'm feeling good today. Today was the first day without DH and it went well. I usually hate going to places by myself and that's a huge step for me to be comfortable at the pool alone. It was good. Have lunch plans with the girls I work with so I'll have to be careful about what I pick to eat. Usually we eat lunch together in a conference room and that's easy because we bring lunch. Once in a while it's nice to get out of the office for lunch though. Wish me luck!
Sums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #85  

Morning Ladies-

Congrats to us all. It seems like 1 pound was the number this week.I am waiting for my workout show to come on. I do gilad's show it combines aerobics and strength training. Right now I'm using 3lb weights and throwing in a few reps with 5 lb. I figure the weights have to make you burn more. Here is to another good day. Yesterday I had breakfast lunch an dinner and was so busy I did not eat any more then that. If only i could do that everyday LOL.

love and light
Nikki
Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #86  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Sorry I've been MIA. We had a big push to get the house finished and we listed it yesterday so everyone keep their fingers crossed that someone loves the house and gives us about our listing price!

Also I've been a bit embarrassed as I've gained weight. I'm up 2 lbs so I'm within 4 lbs of my all-time highest weight other than being pregnant. Today is my son's 4th birthday and we are spending the day out so I'll get lots of walking exercise and tomorrow I'm definately hitting the gym and making it a priority.

Everyone here is doing so well, you are an inspiration to me!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #87  

Hello everyone!

Jen-I'm so glad to hear you've got the house on the market. That has to be one stress releif. Of course worrying about getting it sold probably adds anothe rone huh? Well, anyway glad to see you are here. Sorry to hear you have gained. You will get there. Your life has been nuts. I hope you aren't too hard on yourself. We may be running full steam now but there willc oem a time whne each of us hits a slump you know?

Nikki I have seen that show. It looks neat. I have thought about recording it so I could do it later in teh day, but I already have a few DVDs I never use. Mostly b/c I hate people watching me exercise, especially like that and I'd have to spend an hour just trying to find my livingroom floor to have space to do it LOL. Sounds like it's a good workout for you though.

Summer-Fabulous job not only getting your swimming in but going alone. I know for me how hard that is so I am very proud of you for doing it! Great job!!! Stick with it it will pay off!

So as I mentioned earlier I decided to challenge myself to reach WW recomended 28 Activity Points in one week. Yeah I am so crazy. I have no time to work out on weekends and my pace of 3-4 pmh is a modertae workout, so that leaves me to exercise 90 minutes 4 days and 60 minutes 1 day. LMAO!!! I did get in 6 points yesterday though and with a 45 minute session this morning I earned 3 more. I took my regular 35 minute incline interval workout and added on another cycle for an extra 10 minutes.

Yeah I can barley walk right now. B/c on top of my exercise yesterday I chased 4 kids all day. Plus, cut up 45 pounds of tomatoes, 6 cups of onions and some garlic with which I was going to make sauce. I was sauteing the onions in what my husband told me was a stainless steel stock pot. Yeah my onion turned a lovely shade of blueish green, like the caribean sea. My only guess is that it's a reactive metal pot, b/c nowhere does it say stailess on it. So then I had to run to the store when my daycare kids left to get more olive oil. Then come home cook my 45 pounds of tomatoes, chase two kids, and cook dinner. Then feed the kids and crank the tomatoes, which by the way took up three HUGE pots, through the food mill to removes skins and seeds. At that point my feet hurt so bad I just put it in the fridge and I am cooking it now. Oh and somewhere in there I did two loads of laundry do DH had pants. I am so tired. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did pioneers do it? When I feel whiney like this I just think of my husband's aunt who has 7 kids. She homeschools them all, runs a fruit and vegetable stand and to feed them all winter she cans hundreds and hundreds of quarts of stuff. During deer season she hunts too so they have meat all winter. Really makes me wonder what her husband is doing taht whole time. LOL!! Yeah I don't have it so bad LOL!

Ok all have a great day
Old 09-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #88  

Morning All-

I am so proud of myself this morning I had to share. Last night I passed up an ice cream sunday when everyone ate one and repeatedly asked me if I was sure I did not want one. Then, this morning I got up thinking today was my day off but, at 9:30 I flipped on my show and worked out anyhow. I am really trying this week I worked out all three days so far.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

L&L
Nikki
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 AM   #89  
The Resolute

Good morning everyone!!! I just thought I would check in. My weigh-in Tuesday was a bit tough cause I'm so close to 158, I weighed-in at 159.2!!! AW! Anyway, I've worked out everyday since Monday, and I'm SORE! OUCH! Hopefully next weeks weigh-in will show my hard work!

Jen - Hi! How are u?

Summer - Congrats on your swim! I know that is hard to do alone!

Cacmsc - Congrats on your loss!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Misty - How do u do it? Running around like that, WOW your AWESOME!!! I want some of your sauce! YUMMY! Congrats on working out! (I can barely walk too! LOL!)

Nikki - Congrats! U didn't eat the ice cream! That is AMAZING! (Ice cream is my weakness! LOL!)

Let's all keep up the HARD work! Have a FABULOUS day!

Last edited by erincrista; 09-15-2005 at 10:26 AM.
erincrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #90  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Well I had a decent breakfast and lunch and went to the gym so it's been a pretty good day so far. Was my first time at the gym in a couple of months so I just did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine and a couple of weight machines and called it quits. I've been having a lot of problems with my feet lately not to mention the miles I walked yesterday when I took my son to African Lion Safari for his b-day. So my feet need some time up about now!

Sounds like everyone is hanging in there. Take care.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote