Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 08:45 AM   #16  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Good Morning Everybody!!

Sharon~~ I got your PM and I just sent one to you.
I agree, this board has gotten very slow lately. Many of us have found other sites that we also post on and it takes time to visit then all.

That being said, I need to make some decisions about where I will post the majority of the time. I enjoy all the support and friendship that I have found here. But now that I have completed my 2nd week of BFL I know that I want to continue with that program. WW has been great~I lost weight and developed better habits~ but now I need to move on to a program that stresses exercise.
I will still pop in occassionally to touch base with all of you and I will still enter the weight challenges.

I did find a website that I think you will find helpful. It's at fitday.com .You can set up an account (free) where you enter your food intake/ exercise/weight/journal for the day and it will give you a breakdown of the calories eaten and burned along with a nutritional analysis. It's great to be able to see how you do on carb/protein/fat/sodium/vitamin intake for the day.Since your entries stay in your account you can go back and compare days. I'm using it instead of paper journaling because once you make all your entries, it shows everything all on one page that can be printed if you like. Under exercise it has entries for basal met, house cleaning, laundry, yardwork along with sports & exercise. It's amazing how many cals you can burn in an average day!
Gotta go for now~everybody have a great day.
~~~Sil
Old 05-31-2001, 11:30 AM   #17  

Default Slow Board

Sil,

I was kinda feeling guilty for abandoning ship. I was spreading my self thin and also had to re focus. I was originally on the DT boards . I'm focusing on the new WW group there on a challenge. I tried fit day but I don't relly want to spend that much time journaling. It's not for me. I'm glad it is helping you. I think Dena was the first to mentioned it.

If this board continues I'll pop in if not it was really nice getting to know everyone.
Old 06-01-2001, 06:37 PM   #18  
snerdlet

Default howdy partners

Sharon,Sil - Sounds like you guys are off to other boards. I went on vacation and everybody left.....I wonder if that means something. Just to let you know - I am not going to my high school 20th. There is no reason to put myself through that kind of stress for people I wouldn't hang around with now, even if they lived down the street from me.

If anyone wants to keep this board going please post a reply. If I don't see anything in a day or two I will have to assume no one wants to continue.

On the other hand - I am sitting in a hotel in Aspen looking at the most gorgeous views. I should have taken this vacation a long time ago. I think I am finally relaxed. What a great way to be....

Pat

Old 06-01-2001, 08:47 PM   #19  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi everybody
I'm still here, just won't post as often as I used to. I feel like I still have friends here that I want to stay in touch with.
I'm starting my 3rd week on BFL and I feel great! I have more energy and motivation now, then I have in a long time. I'm eating healthy, drinking my water and doing my exercises. Today I did my aerobic session, abdomenal crunches, and had a super upper body workout. I even spent time this week organizing my office closet(DH put up shelves in the closet ) and shampooing the carpets.

Pat~~~ How are you doing on the "3 weeks to a new you"? I have lesson 4 and 5 that I haven't opened yet. I think I'll get to them in the next few days. Glad you are enjoying your vacation. Remember to take time out for JUST YOU!

Sharon~~~ How are you doing with the water and points? I'll check in over at diet talk to see how you are but probably won't post there (except to say hi). Keep up the great work with your 100% OP thread

Jody, Jodie, Jenny, Carla, JB and Dena~~I think about you guys often and hope all is well with you
Have a great weekend all
~~~~Sil
Old 06-01-2001, 09:25 PM   #20  

I'm quite new to WW At Home, but have really enjoyed it so far. We face unique challenges, not having the meeting for support... I hope others feel the same.

I'm on day 9 of my 21 day challenge, and I'm really enjoying the challenge of eating at the table. As I'd said, my husband and I are eating together and having some together time. We have just got baby to go down for the night at 7:30 so we eat dinner then.

I don't know if it's eating at the table that's really kicked my motivation into high gear, but this week has been really good - lots of exercise, and keeping to my points, even in usually difficult situations.

Also, I found a gym yesterday that has childcare!!! I bet there's tons of those in North America, but here in Kuala Lumpur, I think this is the only one. I heard about it at 10:30 AM and by 11:30 I was there signing on! I'm very excited. It means I lose my joining fee at my old (very wonderful) club, but it's not doing me much good since I can't go very often.

Good day to all of you. I can't wait to weigh in on Monday morning after my first good week in months.

Jodie
Old 06-02-2001, 10:47 AM   #21  
GARDENING ADDICT

Jodie, Congratulations on working so hard and doing such a great job! Keep up the good work.
This is for you........
Old 06-02-2001, 08:06 PM   #22  

2BFIT1:

Ha ha ha! I sure hope that image still applies after tomorrow morning's weigh in!!

Jodie
Old 06-02-2001, 10:27 PM   #23  
snerdlet

Default Howdy Partners

Hey guys - Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I really enjoyed myself while on vacation. And yes it was all for me. My husband took me away so I could relax and refresh. I feel like my batteries are recharged and I really feel better than I have in a long time.

Sil - I am on the 7th lesson, but I haven't really done it yet. I kinda glossed over the exercise and healthier eating lessons. I will tell you I know a lot about both of those things, my problem is, and always will be, motivation. But I found the two best books ever that are really helping me turn my thinking around. One is "If life is a game, these are the rules" and the other is "The Four Agreements. The first one I just started today and it knocked my socks off. The first rule is - You will receive a Body". Sounds kinda strange but after the book explains it - it makes the world of sense. In a nutshell it means our body is with us from the first breath to the last heartbeat and how we treat it, think about it, judge it, and take care of or abuse it, it will always be with us. We don't get another one. So how we take care of it reflects a lot about ourselves. I was taken aback after reading that. The Four Agreements is also another soul-searching kind of book. It provides unique insights on how we were raised and how that affects us today. I have learned a lot from both these books. Funny thing is neither are diet books.

Jodie - it sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the great attitude, it will get you far.

Hope everyone else is having a great OP day.

Pat

Old 06-04-2001, 11:20 AM   #24  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just wanted to say good morning to everybody. I'm on the run right now, so I'll post later today. See ya
Old 06-04-2001, 08:51 PM   #25  
GARDENING ADDICT

Pat~~~I know that we are all here because of diet related issues but the bottom line is to take care of ourselves the very best that we can. It may mean diet, exercise,taking time to de-stress, feeding the soul and the spirit, etc. It sounds like these books are right on the mark!

I have been doing great on the BFL program and really enjoy the feeling I get after a good workout. Last weekend DH took my pics and I will use these as my before pics. It wasn't a pretty site. Especially the rear view

Everybody have a great day and keep in touch ~~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 06-04-2001 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2001, 08:47 PM   #26  
snerdlet

Default Howdy Partners

Sil - you are so right. I cannot recommend the book "If life is a game, then these are the rules" enough to anyone who may be feeling blue about their looks, weight, health, ect.... I read the first chapter three times and the third time I totally understood what the writer was trying to get across to me. She talked about a lady who for years dyed her hair bleach blonde and tanned to dark brown year round. At age 40 she had skin cancer, had facial surgery and could no longer sunbath. She had to dye her hair to her natural brown so she wouldn't look washed out. It devastated her and it took her years to figure out that she needed to nourish her inner self instead of trying to establish her identity through her previous stunning look. What I realized through that lady's experience is - I am constantly pinning for the way I used to look when I was at a much lower weight. I never seem to look forward to how I could look and feel, I keep looking back at how I used to look and trying to recapture that feeling. I think now I realize that that may have been a stumbling block for me. Instead of trying to recapture a feeling that I can't, I should be looking forward to the way I could be. Healthier, fitter, happier.... I hope this makes sense. It made total sense to me when the realization came on me after the third reading of that chapter. Like I said though I highly recommend that book to everyone who is unhappy with themselves in any way shape or form.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

Pat

Old 06-07-2001, 09:42 AM   #27  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Thursday Morning Everybody ! ! ! !

I hope that you are all doing well. I am doing great I just completed week 3 of BFL and I also lost 2 pounds this week which means I'm only 3# from my goal weight. If I keep up with this program I hope to reduce my body fat % and tone up. Because of the exercises to tone, I expext to gain some muscle weight but how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit will be the true test. I have pants in my closet that I wore 2 years ago and there is no reason why they shouldn't fit now.

Today is my FREE DAY so I can eat whatever I want but I will keep it healthy but enjoy my choices. I'm looking forward to a greek salad and veggie pizza tonight.

Take care, all
~~~Sil
137/123/120
Old 06-07-2001, 08:14 PM   #28  

Hi Gang.....glad to read that everyone is well.....I've been online but haven't seem to focus on writing on the boards as I have, been busy running in and out alot. All is well with me.

Just wanted to stop by to send my love to all soon...been yo yoing
between 151-155....some of it is water and last weekend we partied hearty so I know its from that too...so staying focused this week on food as I want to break the 150 barrier...it's like a curse lol....it won't let me cross the barrier...lol

Hope to catch you all again in the mornings...but next week will be busy too...daughters prom, dr appts....just a wind down of the school year and getting in gear for summer.

That's about it...all you beautiful lovely people out there, I was thinking about you and didn't want you to think you were forgotten.

Carla
185/15????????...lol/125
Old 06-18-2001, 06:42 AM   #29  

Starting over on #33...this is long enough....hope to see some of you joining back again...seems awfully lonely here these days!

Don't post here anymore look for #33 to start again.

Carla
Old 06-22-2001, 06:25 AM   #30  

Unhappy New Here and "almost" Desperate

This is my first time here and I am kinda confused on how this all works. Hopefully someone will reply and kinda give me the gist of it all. I am trying desperately to adhere to a diet or a program. I know I can lose weight, I just can't get started good. I have done WW and lost 50 #s. Then I moved back to Portugal where there is NO WW and hardly any ffree food and rarely is there nutritional information. ARGH Anyway, I am going to a meeting in Spain tomorrow and I am taking my stuff to get back on points. With people watching me, it will be easier. I only gained 20 of the 50 back in 18 months so I even feel that is a victory but I need to loose those 20 (already have lost 6 of them ) and 50 more. Wow. Am I writing a book or what? I guess I just need your support...to feel a part of a group! Hugs, Shari
Closed Thread