Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At Home Support Jan 25-31 how time flies

Well first let me say congrats to Jill on your loss and cshelly hope the 3lbs stay gone for wi tomorrow!

As for me all that exercise last week netted me a .5 loss, I was really hoping for more! I get so frustrated every week when I do things right and get no scale results. But on the positive side my dau did tell my DH that I looked like I was getting thinner and for a 17 year old to notice whoo hoo of course she is not going to tell me that.

I will continue to exercise...I missed fri, sat and tonight so back at it on Monday.

As for movie going guess you all will have to keep me up to date, we don't go to movies and really don't rent...guess I am one of those weird people that watches so little tv. I have been watching that dance stuff on Monday nights where the different countries are competing just to see who is the best. And I watch top chef that is about it.

I am excited about this new week though as it is the last week of the month in the new year. I know I did not reach my goal this month or last (reach 148) but I am hopeful that maybe by March I will see those numbers. And if not that then maybe if my jeans are lose because of exercise???

boy I have been rambling sorry about that...will check in tomorrow
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Butterfly – I allowed myself a day off plan yesterday & DF & I went to lunch. We had fried food & pasta (we shared an appetizer & an entrée). I felt like CRAP afterward. I didn’t eat that much, but the quality of the food was so bad. I just wanted to take a nap afterward.

I was so sick to my stomach, I had to run to the bathroom after the movie was over. It’s crazy isn’t it? I was very glad to get back on plan today & eat healthy foods.

Nancy – sounds to me that you are losing inches instead of lbs right now if people are noticing! That’s awesome!

I’m kind of depressed today & working hard at not taking it out on all those around me. I just want to go home & crawl back in bed. I swear, I’m never satisfied….if I’m at home I’m complaining that I want to get out of the house, if I’m at work, I want to be home. Ugh!

But I am eating healthy! Just finished a Smart One & have a humongous bowl of fruit in front of me right now. I have learned that filling up on junk food will just make me feel worse, emotionally & physically.

I’ve finally worked up the courage to call our employee assistance line & the stupid line has been busy all day!! Guess I’m not the only one w/ issues at this company!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Nancy- I bet if your jeans are looser maybe you are losing fat and gaining muscle which is heavier.
Jill-I'm sorry that you are feeling unhappy. Believe me I know the feeling!!!! Good Job keeping to your diet!!!
At my official WI this morning I had lost...drumroll please......4 POUNDS!!!!!
I am SO excited!!! This brings my total since I decided to lose weight to 17 pounds!!!!!

Last edited by chelley123; 01-27-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: had wrong weight total! Actually 17 pounds total
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #4  

Michelle! That is AWESOME!!!! You are doing so well!

I've decided I'm hormonal & that's what my problem is. TOM is thinking about coming aroufgnd & I haven't had one since Sept. That would TOTALLY explain why I'm moody, bloated & crampy huh?? Duh.

I did get a therapist appt set for next Monday. Time to address the REAL issues behind all this weight & get myself happy again.

DF just got home & we're going to watch a couple episodes of Grey's Anatomy in bed. Hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight as I am sure that will make for a better tomorrow!

Congrats again Michelle!

Nitey nite.

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 01-26-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

Oh Jill and chelly if only I were really losing inches...I measured myself in December and then the other day hoping to see and improvement. it showed .5 loss on hips and 1 inch gain on waist...ok go figure????

Anyway in the spirit of feeling sorry for myself...I am sabotaging my efforts so far this week by not working out tonight and drinking several glasses of wine, of course I will kick myself in the morning...swear I won't do it again then turn right around the next boo hoo day and do it again....guess I am an emotional eater/drinker and scaleaholoic ....I think I need a club/12 step program for my kind of slipups. or is that kinda how others view it???

I know I will get going again but I always seem to take forever to jump on the 'perverbal' band wagon

now onto the positive...my 17 year old daughter looks as if she actually may have landed a on call job...good for her..

negative..my job maybe closing soon despite all our best efforts to keep the company going

positive, husbands company is still staying steady

and negative...there are no more

ok I am out of here for tonight you all have a awesome day tomorrow and I will check in later...thank you so much for your continued support I could not have gotten this far without you
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

btw michelle...you do rock! can you send some good vibes my way?????
Old 01-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Congrats on your loss, Michelle!
Nancy, hang in there, you can do it! You just have to have a lot more "good" days than slip-up days. And if you're like me, you slip up and think "oh well. I'll do better tomorrow" but then use that as an excuse to eat much MORE than you would have on a normal day before WW. Not okay... so don't do that, okay? ;-) (did you like how I just chastised myself?)

So the end of last week was rough, and I was over pts every day (though I worked out well all week) and I was just grumpy and depressed (my DH has had a LOT of extra school this month, plus the bad vibes and over eating just "feed" on each other) and yesterday I was only down .4 lbs...so I cheated and changed my WI to today, and was really good yesterday. Right at my pts, plus some good exercise. So I'm saying my loss for last week was 1.7 lbs. Much better. ;-) Now I just have to stick with it!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #8  

Must be something traveling across the country......as far as crappy moods go. I'm still in mine. I am horribly sleep deprived tho. I just can't sleep at nite. It's really not helping my already crappy mood. Blech!

Nancy -you hang in there. Even if you aren't seeing the results imaging all the health benefits you are reaping from the exercise & healthy food. Your body will find some way to show it's thanks sooner or later. Maybe you won't catch the next "bug" that goes around b/c you are healthier & the added vitamins in your diet help fend it off? Or maybe you've lowered your cholesteral?

Sounds like you are under alot of stress w/ the job thing, that might explain why you are having problems keeping under control? But I'm w/ Sara you most def seem to have more good than bad! Esp w/ exercise!

I'm also an emotional eater/drinker. I'm ready to get to the roots of it (inspired by Ruby - anyone else watch) & I start therapy on Monday. That's the only thing lacking from my weight loss program right now. I've got the food thing down, just need to tackle the emotional aspect.

Nice loss Sara! You stick to it & you are totally right that the bad moods/bad foods thing feed into each other. I've finally got it thru my thick skull that if I go home & fill up on junk food I'll just feel worse. But everyone slips up from time to time. I'm just happy to say that my slip ups are much fewer than they ever have been!!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #9  

UGH! Don't you hate when you waste points? Today I have eaten pretty well but I used 2 points on saltine crackers from Wendy's and 2 points on a Rice Krispie treat. I have 13 points left for dinner and snacks but I don't know what we are eating. I have not had pizza in ages and I am tempted to order pizza and use my WA points for any overage I have. HMMMMMMMM....I don't know
Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #10  

I was craving pizza last nite too Michelle! Ended up having a frozen cheese pizza & a huge salad for dinner. Do thin crust & you should be able to work a couple slices in there.

It's flippin' snowing here again!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #11  

I read that Domino's thin crust is the lowest in points so I thought about getting that and only adding veggie toppings. A good way to satisfy a craving AND get my veggies in.
JR- How are things going? PM if you need to
Old 01-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

I love Papa Murphy's chicken bacon artichoke (thin crust). It's about 5.5 per slice (large, sliced into 8 pieces) and so worth it...
yep, getting some of that snow here, Jill...
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #13  

That Papa Murphy's sounds yummy! There's a Papa Murphy's on the way home from work for me. Will be trying that one very soon.

We got a really light pretty snow. When I left work tonite everything was all sparkly........either that or I'm hallucinating from lack of sleep.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

oh you all are cracking me up....not only did it lightly snow here this morning I was so craving pizza!!!!

I had actually made some pizza dough and put in the frig for our friday night ritual but (excuse no. 453) I stopped at the store bought some wine and pizza toppings and made the thin crust pizza tonight...sauce, fresh tomato, thyme, rosemary, red onion, artichoke hears, a few black olives and just a pinch of cheese...have no idea what the points are but ate until I was 'satisfied' then two glasses of wine...no exercise.....hmm so far the week is not staring out with a bang but I feel good lol

but tomorrow I have put out some halibut for dinner so I should be op tomorrow maybe even exercise...I hate it when I am like---feast or famine--mentality
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

Well another day and another day of semi-not good eating. Ate the left over pizza for lunch...these past few days I have not even counted my points past lunch I know I am over and I know I am going to pay for it on wi on sunday but I just can't seem to get in the groove this week.

how is everyone else doing?