Old 08-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Default At Home Support Group...8/17/08 to 8/23/08

Thought I'd get us started!

I weighed in today down 1 lb to 200.5. Notice I STILL can't hit that 100 something mark! I really am starting to think that it's a mental block. BUT, if I lose at all this week I'll hit it next week. So I'm prepared for it. I think I can, I think I can....

Although we went out to lunch today and I ate everything under the sun, but then we walked it off at the zoo, so I think it will be ok. Our zoo has koalas for the summer. It seems like I had months to see them and then today I realized it was our last chance before they were leaving. Where did the summer go?!?!?

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great (on plan) week!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Mom2QJandT: CONGRATS on the 1 lb down! I understand what you mean about the mental block, I feel the same way about getting into the 140's.

I am still at home, being here is a much bigger challenge than I originally thought. My mom loves to bake and cook, and my family makes everything will lots of extra butter and salt. It is hard when you are surrounded with those types of food... but even worse when everyone is eating them. My mom is an enabler, she not only buys the junk foods, but constantly offers them too me. Like just 10 mins ago she made rice krispie squares with icing, then without me asking for one, she hands me a huge one on a plate. No matter how many times I tell them I am really trying to eat healthy, they just don't seem to get it. Any suggestions?
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

My own little "official" weigh in is Monday mornings (helps keep me a little more honest during the weekend!) and today I was down over two pounds! Yay! I weighed 179.5 last week and about 176.8 today. (the scale couldn't decide completely, but that's the average of 5 weighs...

time2shine85 - I have the worst trouble when I go home. We've gone home twice this year, both times for over 3 weeks, and I gained back 5-6 lbs both times! You've got to hang in there, because it is so sad to lose ground, even though you're "home" and it's "just for a little bit." Maybe don't decide you have to LOSE weight, but definitely try not to gain any at least! Stay strong!

Last edited by ctrsara; 08-18-2008 at 10:12 AM.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #4  

Time2shine - I wish I had a suggestion for that. I think that the hardest part of this is having to say no all the time and getting "ONE won't hurt" in return. I always answer with "one's too many and 100 are not enough". It's like beating any other addiction really, only you can't go cold turkey with food.

Good weigh in Sara! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #5  

I am really trying to watch my points. I do well throughout the day and then after my kids are in bed I loose all restraint. Last night I ate a whole bag of licorice!Help!!! I have no accountability.

Anyway, hoping this week I can commit to staying within my points. I did it easily for 3 months while attending WW meetings, just can't seem to do it at home.
cierasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #6  

cierasky, you've already lost so much, don't give up now! Maybe you could make a rule that you don't eat after the kids are in bed. Is there something else you get excited about that you could do as soon as they're in bed? Doesn't sound fun, but having lost weight is so much more fun! (I keep telling myself the same thing)

I have to figure out some kind of short term motivation to keep me going. I'm talking 1-6 weeks usually. It's the only way it works for me! It's usually hard to find stuff that will actually work for that (I'm no good at fooling myself with things that don't really matter to me), but thankfully I've got two built in right now. We live in Iowa and Arizona is home. My little sister is getting married October 10th, so not only will I see tons of people (small town - we know most everyone) at the reception and stuff, but there will be tons of pictures, and my sister will be gorgeous, and I don't want to look at the pictures and see the fat older sister that lost it (or didn't) when she had two kids. It was hard enough work trying to not be too fat -before- two pregnancies! (I was about 25 lbs overweight before I ever got pregnant). No one would make me feel that way, but I want to feel and look better and have the confidence of knowing that I'm headed the right direction! And we'll also be home for Christmas, so after the wedding hopefully that will keep me motivated through the Christmas baked good-era.

Last edited by ctrsara; 08-18-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #7  

I like to read and watch tv in the evening. Watching tv is what gets me snacking. I sometimes scrapbook as well. Going to bed early helps too can't snack when I am sleeping!!

Sara, I found small goals really helped me lose weight. I only focused on 5-10 lb increments, never thinking of the end result. People used to ask me what my goal weight was and I always said I don't know. I just enjoyed each 5lb loss and went on to the next 5 lb goal. You can make your goal for your sisters wedding!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Sara and Cierasky- I really like the idea of setting weight loss goal in "5-10 lb increments" so that it does not seem so overwhelming. I did lose 2 pounds last week but would like to keep doing so every week.

Time2shine85 - You are doing wonderful resisting your family's home baked goodies! Keep up the good work! I will be visiting my family in a few weeks and will have to rely on my willpower to resist all the temping food too.

Mom2QJandT - Congrats on your weight loss this week! Soon you will "hit that 100 something mark." You are so close!
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #9  

Ok, like I said I ate everything in sight yesterday, so today I was going to be SO SO SO good!

Ok, so I ate a really bad breakfast, but I can save it, I'll not have much for lunch...

But then I was starving, so I just had some peanut butter because it fills me up...

So then I wanted a Curves bar, you know, it's only one point....

Then, when I was making dinner I realized that dinner was 11 POINTS and I only had 7 left! Crap!

So...what's a chick to do?

I actually sat down, ate half my dinner (7ish POINTS worth) and...

I QUIT!!!!! I am so proud of me

I just had to share! Hope everyone had a good day!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Mom2JandT - WAY TO GO!!! That is the absolute hardest part for me... to quit eating!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!!

I went to the gym tonight, after not going for over a month! It felt SO good.... I workout with the greatest group of ladies under the sun - they help me SO much! So, I'm excited for the weigh-in this week. I'll be gone so I'll have to post it on Monday or Tuesday of next week - but I will remember to weigh-in, definitely!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #11  

Heading into my witching hour. I am kind of hungry, have 5 points left. Enough for my bag of smartpop popcorn. Yay! I try to save 5 points each day for my popcorn snack at night. I think I did good today.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Mom2JandT - That is wonderful you were able to stay within your points at dinner! Yay!
Oh...Where can I purchase a "Curve" bar for only 1 point?

LondonJulz - What type of workout do you do at the gym? (Just Curious) I am new to this and would love any suggestions or tips. I have a hard time with getting my exercise in.

Cierasky – I think that it is a good idea to save points for a snack later in the day. I like to save snacks for my terrible sweet tooth.
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #13  

Yay for being able to quit! You're my hero of the day. I think I ate within my points. It's always hard when we have company, because I'm hurrying around trying to do everything (though DH is very willing to help) and I just don't think clearly and count carefully... I hope everyone has a great, on-plan day tomorrow!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #14  

Morning everyone. I am happy I stayed within my points yesterday,here is to another good day
Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #15  

I guess I will jump right in..... I am doing WW at home.... well sorta but not really..... I find that the computer membership is expensive and I have all the stuff at home so I am going to follow and not pay for the membership on the computer.... going to meetings is not an option for me.... as it really ties me down because of my need for interpreters so I don't want to do that.... so here I am.... with more weight to lose than I want to admit.... so am gonna start with ten pounds..... and then I will probably decide to lose ten more .... and ten more after that .... and so on and so forth.... and when I feel comfortable with myself.... cna do what I want to do .... then I will stop.....

so far I have two stars on my calendar for two days of being mindful of what I eat.....
am working on day 3......

s
36Paws is offline   Reply With Quote