Old 02-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5"5

Default New to WW but doing iton my own at home

Hey all I am going to try Ww here at home. I hve lost 67 pounds so far on my own. lots of exervcise portion control and counting calories. I want to try something new. WW points counting is just a new way of tracking my intake. plus I do know ladies that love it and works well for them. I have a great support team at home and online . I am a faithful 5 6 times a week or more execiser. so I know meetings are not a need. I just like to work the points thing. Well I am going to try. I hope I can come in and ask q if need be.
Thanks
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/182/160

Height: 5'6"

HI Firefly, what kind of exercise are you doing, or, give me a rundown on your regimen. I just bought an eliptical trainer, and hope to have a recumbant bike soon to..I seem to be getting no where fast with what I am doing right now..I feel good, but the jeans got tighter!

Jenny
badmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:15 AM   #3  

I have a cross trainer. i do that a few times a week. Should do it ore. 25 to 30 mintes.
I do my treadmill everyday some times twice a day. i jog 2.5 to 3 miles at least then walk the rest. i average 4 to 6 miles a day. Some barbells for arms here and there a little ball stuff. But I can say my cardio is the main thing.

On your eliptical maybe change the tention a bit thru your workout. for just a few minutes here and there. that helps me on the treadmill. Makes your body work a bit more . I just learned you need to burn 10 percent of your calorie in take to manintian your weight. So I make sure to burn that and then some to lose. The trickis to change what you are doing to trick your body and suprise it . So like I said add tention or a few mintues here and there.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi Firefly and Jenny. I'm starting WW at home on my own today. I've had a great day so far. By my calculations, I've used up 20 of my 30 points already and supper is still 5 hours away. I feel good about this, though. I can make this work. I'm so relieved to have a plan again. Fretting constantly about how fat I am sure doesn't burn up many calories. LOL!!!
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #5  

Hi. I am starting tomarrow. I have been researching like crazy I like to be perpared. LOL
Here is a site Ijust got. it has 488 restaurants and the points for them.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
Old 02-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #6  

Hi Firefly. I've spent most of the day looking through all my old WW stuff to try to get back into the groove of things. Let's get skinny, eh?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #7  

Dottie's site is great, isn't it? I used that a lot the last time I was on WW Thanks for that long lost and deeply appreciated URL.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #8  

I have the newset books for point soit you need any thing just ask. I got a great site to I will give itto ya I am looking at it now.

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfoTOC.html#Foodlists
Old 02-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to this forum, new folks!!!

I've been doing WW at home, without meetings (and without the at-home kit you can get) since July 18 and I've lost 72 pounds so far. I lost 50 pounds a few years back by doing WW and going to meetings, but I gained it all back. This time definitely feels different, partly because I'm seriously addicted to working out and running now.

I just wanted to welcome you guys and tell you that you definitely CAN do this, and that you should join our "weigh in at home" thread as well. I weigh myself "officially" every Tuesday morning and post my results there, and everyone else does too, so we have accountability and lots of support.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #10  

Thanks firefly for adressing that, that is alot of exercise!..I can do it tho, I have the time..my scale is stuck on stupid, so I need to kick things up a notch! I'm 5'6", 183.6 on a good morning, and larger boned with muscle under the flab, but I know I have a bit of flab to..Thanks for the info, Im hoping with the eliptical trainer and jogging when the snow goes, it starts to come off..I tried actual jogging for the first time the other day, jog/walked/jogged/walked, felt great after, did about 40min of it..then the next day, I felt so sore, but I know that's a good thing, and I don't see many fat joggers around..but, the snow just dumped on us, so I jog in place in my front room and blast some good music, this works up a sweat but sounds so dumb! I will keep in touch..hey, did I mention my butt grew after starting this exercise? I am staying more clear of the stairstepper, I think that may have been the culprit!

Jenny
Old 02-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo View Post
Thanks firefly for adressing that, that is alot of exercise!..I can do it tho, I have the time..my scale is stuck on stupid, so I need to kick things up a notch! I'm 5'6", 183.6 on a good morning, and larger boned with muscle under the flab, but I know I have a bit of flab to..Thanks for the info, Im hoping with the eliptical trainer and jogging when the snow goes, it starts to come off..I tried actual jogging for the first time the other day, jog/walked/jogged/walked, felt great after, did about 40min of it..then the next day, I felt so sore, but I know that's a good thing, and I don't see many fat joggers around..but, the snow just dumped on us, so I jog in place in my front room and blast some good music, this works up a sweat but sounds so dumb! I will keep in touch..hey, did I mention my butt grew after starting this exercise? I am staying more clear of the stairstepper, I think that may have been the culprit!

Jenny

Sounds like youare heading in the right direciton. Just fit in what you can is what I say. Add soe jumping jacks when you are joggin in place, I do that in kitchen when kids are doing a priject or puzzles so on. I step in place jog and jack. They can really get our heart rate up. I am 184.4 if i didn't say in the last post . Didn't go back to see what I said. pretty tones to but yes plenty of flab to share. But getting better. I really think slow and steady is how I have always went about it.
Have a great day. Today is my first day or counting points not calories. Not going to bad. I am not sure how many I need . How many are you doing we are close to the same. weight.
Later Stacey
Old 02-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #12  

Hi Firefly

Yes, I am sure we are so close to weight, on a good morning, Im about 183, but I am fluctuation with water retension. I am 5'6" and med/large boned. I have larger knee bones then my mom. My shoulders look like something out of a swim magazine. Grandma always told me I should have been a swimmer. I hold my weight well, when I tell people how much I weight, they don't believe me at all. I know I feel good at 160, and it feels a lifetime away. I have been writing down everything I eat, staying within 24 points. I am thinking I need to drop some points, or something. (how different is the "new" point ledger? I went like last year. Seems as though I have been exercising for 3 weeks now like a dog and nothing is moving off the scale. My husband says he can see some more definition in my rear and thighs..but they are still the same size or even larger. I would like an honest idea of how long it takes to bump a stuborn metabolism? I do have a desk job, so that does not help 1 bit. If you want, email me, and we can compare each others notes. I am a wife/mom of 11 year old girl who is going to be a knock out when she is older(Im glad she doesn't have my metabolism tho) and a full time worker. I also cook 99% of the meals in the house, so that's good, I can control everything! If you can't get ahold of me email, I will post it here..I dont care if junk mail comes because I just delete it right away anyhow. I can tell you my email is my sign in name and ad MN at the end @juno.com hopefully I hear from you, because I need a partner in crime! Take care, Jenny

PS> I see your in MN to..get ready for the snow storm! Im up by the great lakes, so we are going to get dumped on!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/177/150

hey badmojo, i sould a LOT like you. My shoulders are so wide i feel like a swimmer but i just inherited that from my dad. I have plenty of muscle, but have chunked on plenty of flab on top. I am around 177 and it tends to fluctuate, but I am trying to stay at 22 points a day. I didn't feel deprived yesterday (my first) and I'm doing good so far today. If it turns out being too hard i may switch up to 24, but I figured I'd give it a shot at 22 for now. Good luck yall!!!
mandyblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 284/209/135

Height: 5'3"

Dottie's site for points values when eating out at restaurants is fantastick! The one thing I have found though is that being Canadian I don't always find the places I'm looking for or sometimes points values are actually different in Canada versus the U.S. because of the portion amount. The great thing is that most fast food restaurants and other restaurants have their nutritional information online so I've gone through all my favourites and used my weight watchers points calculator to find the point value. Then I've started posting them in my personal blog, I only have about 9 things up for Tim Hortons right now but plan to keep adding each time I post to my blog. The one restaurant I like that doesn't have their nutritional information is Montana's and Kelsey's so I've e-mailed them to see if I can get nutritional info.

Good luck! I did weight watchers officially for quite some time and had great success and once I felt like I had the knowledge I needed I kept on going but have done it at home by weighing myself in every week. I have an excel spread sheet set up to journal all my food and track my weekly weigh ins and it's been working great!
Sha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Hi, guys!

Just a quick warning... Dottie's site is based on the old 123 Points system. If you are doing the newer Flex program, the points are actually higher.

I use Dottie's site to help me see what I could even order and use the nutritional info on the restaurants' websites to calculate the points myself.

You are giving me exercise inspiration!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote