WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #46  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

You can always join us on the planning thread in the support group! We post what we plan on eating for the day. I like posting in the morning because if I think of straying I'm kind of like "Well now that would screw up my plan!" and it keeps me in check

As for boredom, try to tackle it with exercise Get up and go for a walk! It gives you energy and takes up time. Or call a friend and go play frisbee. Works every time! The only time it takes over for me is when I am at work and I can't leave my desk, but lately I've been so busy I don't have TIME to be bored hahaha
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #47  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Thank you very modkittn. Where is this thread?

It's been raining so much lately there's really no time for frisbee and calling a friend to come no chance!!Most of my friends love to come over for popcorn and movie when the whether's like this. Thank you anyway i will try and get moving and wen i excercise i find that i'm not so hungry. Today i was almost half an hour late for work, this means i had to wolf down my breakfast soooooooo fast. I couldn't really enjoy it. Before i would have just skipped breakfast but i've found when i dont have a good breakfast my whole day is messed up.

I'm so tired of eating rice/pasta and chicken everyday i want to eat something different. Bored with my dinners i'm gonna have a look in the recipe thread. Hmmm...Yesterday i had a huge bowl of natural yogurt and baked apple with cinnamon. It was delicious. I'm going to have that agiain today cos i was so full after.

Modkittn ...how are you doing btw? Are you finding it easy to count points?You know when you said you vary the points from day to day do you use the 35 extra points to do this also?

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 05-30-2007 at 10:02 AM.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #48  

The current week's thread can be found here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113642

But there is a new thread every week, so make sure you check back in the "Support" forum for a new planning thread at the beginning of the week.

I do use my 35 extra points, but I try to follow an older version of the Weight Watchers plan that really worked for me before. On the old plan, you had a range of points to eat within, say 22-27. If you ate 22 points, then you could "bank" the 5 you didn't eat and use them later in the week. Basically if you ate 22 points every day then you would have 35 extra points at the end of the week, which is how they converted from the range system to the new system. But, I like to really vary my points instead of really aiming for one point value every day. So I tend to stay within my old "range". I still have the papers and books for the old plan, so I know all my ranges as my weight goes down.

I don't find it hard to count points at all. Not that I eat the same thing every day or all the time, but I pretty much have a group of foods that I tend to eat from often. So for those foods, I know the points values and I rarely have to look them up. For instance, I know that a regular english muffin is 2 points. If I go anywhere and there is an english muffin I can say to myself "Hey that is only 2 points I know I can fit that in!" But, I started WW in 1998 and stayed on the plan through 2002. Went off from mid-2002 until February of last year. But the points values haven't changed that much. Even when I went off the plan, I would eat something and I would think "Hey this is 4 points" or something like that. It becomes really normal and natural after a while.

I use the eTools on the WW website now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is SO easy for me to track. I'm in front of a computer all day every day anyway... hehe
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #49  
LCJ

S/C/G: 146/146/120

Height: 5'2

Hey, just wanted to say I think you're doing brilliantly and keep at it girl!!

It's good to see what other people are eating too, but I don't always understand the american food/brands, so I like reading your posts
LCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:19 AM   #50  

Thank you LCJ!!I've lost 1 stone so far but i'm so determined to make these 100 days, even if i don't make it to goal.

Modkittn..It think i might actually try your way cos i seem to loose more when stick to my points and go over at the last minute. I always loose a lot then. I'm still trying to figure this out. I'm glad its working for you,

I'm glad someone enjoys reading my post..i can see a lot of views but noone ever posts in here!!I'm not having a good week this week all i keep thinking about is food, i've realised that my body does not crave food but my mind does.

Yesterday i went to about 3 stores looking at shortbread biscuits but when i went to buy them i didn't want to eat at all. Also the evenings are very hard for me i prefer to be at work cos i never want to eat in case anyone thinks i'm a pig. I just ate a huge sesame snaps bar from the canteen on my break even though i feel my body didnt need it. i just wanted it. I think there are so many emotional things attached to my constant eating and i need to figure them out.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror after i came out the bath and realised that i am a beautiful woman. My 34 bra fits me again and my size 12 trousers are fitting again although i do have a little muffin top but i'm most proud of my stomach it's flat again i can't believe it..lol. I'm quite happy with my body...i'm beginning to think just 1 more stone(14 pounds) will do the trick as i love being curvy.

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 05-31-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #51  

This morning i missed breakfast at home. So i ended up having herbal mint tea and toast with jam at work it was nice to eat with everyone at work and not worry about the points.

Breakfast:

Wholewheat toast (2 slices) 2.5
Raspberry organic jam 0.5
Herbal tea 0

Total 3 points.

Snack:
Sesame seed bar with honey 5 points
(i was so not going to stay on track today until i saw LCJ's wpost..thank you for the encouragement)

Lunch:
Chicken sandwich 6.0
go ahead crispy sultana and apple slices 2.5

Total:8.5 points

Dinner:
Grilled cod fillets in batter from morrisons and salad 3.5
salad with apple.

Baked apple 0.5 and cinnamon with 150g natural yogurt 1.5.

Total: 5.5 points

Total:22 points

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 05-31-2007 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 AM   #52  

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think i have 71 days left not too sure....

I've decided to go snack free for at least 14 days, that means only breakfast dinner and lunch no munching in between. If i can handle this i want to do the rest of my 100 days like this, eating too many snacks leads to too mch temtation to binge..
Old 06-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #53  

Hello i decided to go snack free and you never guess what???

They installed a new health options vending machine. It's full of nuts, dried fruits and lots of healthy crisps anmd the nice man filling the machine gave me a free bag of dried apricots!!!. oooo why couldn't they have done this before. It looks so deliocious but i'm determined for at least 14 days to go snack free ...I'll post weight loss results after this time...I'm resisting the maching. If your wondring why i'm going snack free it's because i'm trying to teach myself how to eat 3 proper meals a day.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #54  

SWC, I would suggest not cutting those snacks! Why not just make them healthier? When you eat every 2-3 hours, it keeps your metabolism up. How about some raw veggies? Or maybe a hard-boiled egg? Or some nuts? Veggies or protein are GREAT for snacking, and the veggies can be either 0 points or very low in points.

EDITED - You could also add milk or yogurt as a snack to ensure you are meeting your minimum calcium for the day too. (mmmm baby carrots dipped in yogurt!)

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #55  

Hey where have you been the past few days. I hope you're sticking to your planning! Keep at it!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #56  

Hi all,

Yes i been sticking to the plan yesterday i had a little run in with a massive tub of ben and jerry's and guess what? I couldn't eat the whole tub as i usually could i ate a few small mouthfuls and thought this is yummy i'll have the rest later.

Modkittn i'm really having trouble trying to do the points alteration thing that you do. Some days i'm over some days im really below, is this ok? Like today i've still got 11 points left and i'm not hungry i'm sure i need to eat at least 14 points a day. I'm feeling so good cos i think WW is really changing my perspective on food. I was so bored today and eating didnt even cross my mind....

Your right about the milk and yogurt i def need those maybe i'll make all my snacks fresh fruit and yogurt instead.

i have put on 2 pounds but i know where i went wrong...so it's ok.

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 06-04-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #57  

I wouldn't go more than 2 points below your target, or 2 points over. So if your target is 24, aim for 22-26 points a day. Don't forget that you still have those extra points as well, so if you DO go over your target, take away some of those points.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #58  

Thanks modkittn i was a bit confused my target is 22 cos i shud have 20 or 24

I just came off my break and i had a chicken sandiwch still have 5 points left. So wierd i was finding this a little difficult but now i'm getting so much better at it. I went to buy a herbal tea i normally pick a large cup, it came so eaisly to me to pick up a small today. And the rice i had for lunch it looked so much but it was my exact amount i been eating for weeks. Even my cereal looks a lot nowadays and takes me time to finish.

Breakfast:
Speciak K 40g 2.0
skimmed milk 0.5
(was unsure of the amount i was hungry and the scale battery had died but i used one handful and a biut like usual but just added more grams just in case)

Total: 2.5 points

Lunch:My cousin made rice and i'm working till late so i thought i'd have some.
Rice 200g 4.0
Chicken stew 177g 4.5
(MMM i made the best salad ever with lettuce, tomatoes,cucumber and half an apple...should i count the points of a whole apple for this?..i also added a pinch of salt and vinegar to taste..yummy)

Total: 8.5 points

Dinner:
Chicken Sandwich 6.0

Anytime:
Chicken 58g 1.5 points

Total: 6.0 points

Today's total: 18.5 points

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 06-05-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmingWorldChick View Post
Thanks modkittn i was a bit confused my target is 22 cos i shud have 20 or 24
Its not really one or the other, its anywhere inbetween. So you could have 20, 21, 22, 23, OR 24 points in a day And the extra points for going over the original target or splurges!

EDIT: How about adding some yogurt or more milk to get in your calcium? Nuts are good too, since they give you a points boost and are a healthy fat/oil!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #60  

I think i'll have some yogurt when i get home i think i got some WW ones in the fridge. Hmm i dont think i can control myself on the nuts. I still have 5 points left but i'm really not hungry at all.

The day is nearly over so does this mean that i'll keep my 5 points or whatever is left and move them over to tomorrow or when ever i want?? Sorry to keep asking questions. How has your weekend been modkittn? Hows it been sticking to the plan?