Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #16  

Susan, I was wondering how your week was going. Get some rest this weekend!

Took Tim today. I did great. Didn't cry till we pulled away.

Tim called a while ago. He had percussion conditioning all afternoon. He has decided that he sucks, and he won't be chosen to play any of the instruments. I tried to be positive. He IS good, but I know he is nervous. Right now I just feel sick for him. The tryouts start at 6 tonight. I'll be a mess till he calls after the tryouts.

Going to school this week to meet with the new principal and the ladies I'll be working with in the resource room.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #17  
Susan

Tammy, I'm sorry that you had a hard time when you pulled away. I would have too. I know it's part of growing up but I know it's really hard letting your baby go away. Tim is feeling it too, that's why he said he sucks. He doesn't!!!! We all know that, he is very talented.

Hope you like the people you will be working with. Tell them to be good to you or else we are coming up there. We stick together.

I'm ready for the weekend. Pat plays tomorrow and of course I'll stay home. I'll probably be in bed by 9
Old 08-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #18  

Tim called us at 8:40 last night to say that he didn't make snare or bass drum. He wasn't giving up. He was going to audition for the "pit". That's the section that is usually in front of the band at football games that has xylophones, other drums, and who know what all. At midnight, he called to say he made the pit. He'll be playing field drum, which he says is like a snare only with no snares. The section leader told him that she had seen him at his tryouts on snare and bass, and knew he'd be a good addition to the section. That made him feel good. He missed making bass by one, and he wasn't sure about snare. BUT he's enthused about the pit!!

Susan, I'll warn the 3 ladies I'll be working with. I'm sure they'll be shaking in their shoes. I know they'll be fine to work with. I've known them for years. (Also they agree about the administration from our past!!)

Weekends are nice. Going to bed at 9 sounds great! I finally went to bed at 1:00 this morning after hearing from Tim finally. He's at practice already this morning.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday!
How is everyone doing today? Is it an OP day????
Be sure to drink all your water. (I keep saying this to myself. )

BJ, how are you doing? Keep up the good work!

Susan, take it easy this weekend.

Tammy, I'm so happy for Tim. I know all of you were basket cases.
You did good leaving him at school. I know what you're going through right now.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #20  

Tina, I've had a pretty good day food wise. I've had water. I also made a pitcher of Crystal Light Lemonade. Trying to drink that instead of Diet Pepsi so often. Bob brought home subs from Subway for lunch. I was doing things around here, and he had gone for a walk at the track. Oh, he also brought home some Blue Bunny ice cream. Chocolate Seduction. He said he thought we deserved it after yesterday!! lol

The full band gets together this afternoon to meet the new director. Jess was supposed to check in this morning, so this afternoon meeting will be the first that she and Tim have seen each other. I hope they both make other friends.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
How is everyone today?
Karla, Jennifer, Terry-----what's going on?????
Sis, where are you?????

Susan, I hope school isn't too much for you after your surgery.

Tammy, how much longer before your school starts? Will you be there on the first day, or wait until tutoring is needed?

Maureen and Mimi, how are things in Canada?

I'm taking it easy today. I'm sure I lost a couple of pounds from yesterday. I had to be on a liquid diet. Yuck. I had a test early this morning. They didn't find anything wrong. I'm so relieved. I won't have to have that test for another 5 years. Yea!
Eating broth and Jell-O isn't my idea of fun.
So, for lunch, Larry took me and David to Olive Garden.

Please post!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #22  

Tina, you don't like broth and jello? silly girl!! NOT!!!! Glad things are ok. I think we should have all gone to the Olive Garden!! Next time call, and we'll meet you there.

We have 2 teacher work days, Aug. 24-25. I plan to go for those. The kids start on the 28th. I figure I'll go the first few days instead of using sick days right away. I'll probably only go 3 days that week. I plan to work my way back in gently. I really don't know how often I'll be there.

I talked to one of the other resource room teachers, Joyce. She met with the 1st grade teachers last week. They had already decided that they were going to use me every day for the first couple hours of school. Joyce said she laughed and told them that I wouldn't be there every day. They didn't understand why I wouldn't be. Joyce's sister has fibromyalgia, so she tried to explain it a little bit to them. She said she doesn't think that all of them get it. They don't understand about me taking sick days. She explained the doctors' letters and that the board has already approved the time off. One of them didn't believe her!!! Oh well.

I'll probably be helping with the testing that is done at the beginning of the year for the special reading program. That always takes so long, so with me there to help out, it shouldn't take as long.

I've done great on food and water today. Going to the dentist this morning sure helped. My mouth has been numb most of the afternoon.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #23  
Susan

Hey,
Today was one of the first days that I feel pretty good. So far my class is going good, I'm afraid to say anything, I might jinx it.

Tina, glad your test are finished! Liquid diet is not my kind of fun.

Tammy, I'm glad you are starting the year off slow!

Where is everyone? Well, I better get busy doing some school work and catch on General Hospital..... Silly huh? I've watched it since I was in high school.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #24  

Susan, this year is going to be awesome for you!!! We'll think positive!!!

Since Bob and the doctor aren't even sure about me going back, I think I need to start slow. I don't want to listen to them say "I told you so".

It will be strange this year not spending time on school work. Wonder if I can handle that??? I laughed about General Hospital. I was hooked on Young and the Restless and Bold and Beautiful for years. Taped it and watched it. Not silly. I'm not even sure when I quit watching them.

My mouth is finally not numb. What a day! Bob got a small pizza for supper. I ate a few small pieces. I tracked them in my journal. I did have a small dish of Chocolate Seduction ice cream a while ago. It's good, but I wouldn't buy it again. I'm not going to tell Bob that since he surprised me with it. Love that guy!!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #25  
Susan

Tammy,
I hate for Pat to say "I told you so" Isn't that silly....

Oh I wanted to tell you, the little girl from Ecuador..... Her mom came to school with her again today. After school I was helping her with her home work ( circling the number of items 1-6) The prinicpal was talking to the mom in Spanish and mom told her "They told me she would never be able to do anything." When the principal told me that, I said "oh no, she has a lot that she can do, just wait and see." Mom said "they never worked with her there, she just drew lines." I almost cried. So I told Pat when I got home how it broke my heart, this little girl has potential she just hasn't been given the opportunity. Pat laughed and said "you've been looking for something to cry about." I almost laughed.... last night I told him I just felt like crying. He of course didn't understand.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 AM   #26  

I am so glad that the little girl has you for a teacher Susan!!! I'm sure the mother is too! I would have cried too.

Very achy today. I noticed it yesterday, but it is really bad today. Maybe trying to go off of that pill was a mistake. I'll probably go back on it tomorrow if I still hurt like this.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Where is everyone?????

I started these Thursday threads back in 1997 or 98. I have never seen it so dead.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #28  

Hello ladies,
It is firery hot here in Texas today. We reached 101 with no breeze. Well the kids started school yesterday and then last night Jumper had soccer practice. Then Zacker stars Mothers Day Out Sept 5th. I will have 2 days a week to myself.

Right now I feel ucky. I started an new medication yesterday and it is making me feel yuck.

Well I am off to help Brenden with his 5K homework.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #29  

Hi Amy! I don't think I could handle that heat. No one near here has started school yet. Soon though. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Hope you were able to help with the homework.

I stink. Got a perm this afternoon. My back to school hairdo.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #30  
Susan

It has been quiet on the board lately.

Tina, I can't believe it's been that long ago since you started the thread. I'm sure glad that you did!!! Has David heard anything yet?

Tammy, you are such a sweetie! We've had almost 30 days of over 100 degree weather. I hate such HOT DRY summers.

Baby Sister forgot to tell ya'll that she has a STAPH infection!!!! I talked to her this morning and I could tell in her voice that she isn't feeling good. Of course, Jumper and Zacker are nick names that I've given her boys. Oh my I have names for them all! It's funny because they know that I call them that.

Amy, take care of yourself Tootsie!!!

Mimi, Karla, Jennifer, Maureen, where are ya'll? We miss you guys.
Closed Thread