Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #31  
Susan

Thanks for all of the prayers for my aunt. I'll let you know what's going on after she goes tot he dr. on the 13th.

Tina, my dad is doing great!!! I don't know if I told you but he has gotten him a personal trainer at the gym. I could really tell a difference in his balance when I was down there. He looked really good.

My migraines are hormonal. I used to be able to kind of predict when I would get them ( I would either have killer cramps or a migraine after TOM). I've only had them in the last 10 years. But lately, I've been getting them before, it's strange. All of the girls in my immediate family have them. We use to think they were sinus headaches. Little did we know.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!

Thank you so much everybody for offering to send my brother and his group something, that's so sweet of all of you! He hasn't left yet, they're scheduled for Aug but not sure when, they never know exact dates until it's closer. And once they're there it takes a while for us to find out where to mail them things and if we can anyway.

Susan, how's your head? I've gotten a few migraines myself but not many and they're terrible! Hope you're feeling better, especially after that manicure & pedicure.

I'm sure it's not easy to give some of Seamu's things away, but like you said, it's part of the grieving process. You'll be ok.

Tammy, sure you want a tent? You're going to Disney, not camping remember! LOL Did you start packing yet or are you a last minute packer? You must be excited, you're going to have such a good time there.

Jennifer, it looks like we're getting some sun this wknd!!! YIPEEE!!!!! And I have Monday off from work... double YIPEEEE!!! LOL Maybe DH will take a drive to Mystic or to Foxwoods!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #33  
Susan

Happy Birthday day to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dearrrrrrrr Tina, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!

Tina, Hope you had a GREAT day!!!!

Jennifer and Karla, glad you are going to get some sun. We are still waiting on that rain :wink:

My head is much better. It still hurt some earlier but I took some more Imitrex and I think it knocked it out the rest of the way.

I cleaned out the spice cabinet and pantry today. I threw a bunch of stuff away. Things that had expired, etc..... I didn't know spices got old.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #34  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Time for my weekly check in. I don't get on her much then I have to catch up on all the posts. LOL Hope everyone is doing great. My dd is out of school and happy for summer to begin. Our temps, however, are not cooperating. It has been quite a cool week end for June. Only in the mid to high 60's. I want at least the 70's! Oh well, it will warm up eventually.
Got to see my new great neice yesterday. She is so pretty. She was born on June 6th, 9 lb 6 oz, 20 inches long. I LOVE babies.
Anyways belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tina!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Mine is next week the 19th. Taking a couple vac. days off work and enjoying a long week end.
Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week end. Take care..... Sis
Old 06-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #35  

Karla, I think a tent would be fine. It would shade me from the sun!! lol I have started packing. Well, I packed my make-up bag. Can't forget that stuff, right? I think we'll get the suitcases out tomorrow, and start throwing some things in as we think about it. I told Bob that I need new undies. I might just throw out the old ones as I use them on the trip instead of bringing them home to wash. He rolled his eyes at me.

Susan, when my parents passed away and we were going through the kitchen cabinets, I can't believe the spices that were there. I think some of them were a zillion years old. Yes, we pitched them. Actually, we put some of the tins in the auction we had and they sold!

Sis, you can check and post more often you know!!!! Hey, our 25th wedding anniversary is the 19th! We could party together. Want to come to Disney?

Can I change my tracker even if it isn't a Thursday?
Old 06-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #36  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Thank you for all the great birthday wishes. Y'all are great!!!
I had a good one. David gave me a gift card. Larry gave me a beautiful necklace with a flat shell at the end and some dangly earrings. And, he gave me a Starbuck's card-----frappucinos here I come.

Tammy, I hope the tropical storm doesn't mess up your plans. At least it should put out that wild fire near Orlando. You already packed your make-up bag----that's the last thing I pack. I think getting new undies is a wonderful idea.
Susan, I think giving those things to the lady is a wonderful, healing thing to do. I believe you've waited long enough for it to be okay.

Sis, I can't believe y'all's weather. I wouldn't mind some cool mornings.
Karla and Jennifer----I hope this bad weather doesn't cause you to get more rain. Just what you don't need!

Tomorrow it's time to get back OP. However, tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. We're going out for seafood tomorrow night.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #37  
Susan

Tina, it sounds like you had a good day! Enjoy that seafood. Are you going to Galveston?

Tammy, have a blast!

Karla, it is sunny up there?

Sis, Happy Birthday!!! Mine is the 25th.

Yes, I think that it will be healing to give some of the baby's things away. I started looking through some stuff and started crying. I'm not doing it all at once nor am I giving every thing away. It's only stuff that I feel I'm ready for. I want it to go to someone I care about to.

It's HOT here. Pat mowed this morning (allergies are getting me out of all kinds of yard work Then we went to the movies "Over the Hedge" It was cute.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #38  

We keep watching the weather to see how that storm is doing. It will be good for the fires down there, but I really don't want to have rain the whole time we're there.

Happy Anniversary Tina!!

Susan, Tim and Jess saw Over the Hedge. Tim thought that I'd like it. I haven't gone to a movie in 2 years. Can't sit that long. I guess I could sit in the back and get up when I needed to.

The men are mowing out back right now. Bob and Tim are at the old house mowing. Good thing we don't have to mow both places. Sat on the porch and watched fireworks last night. It was the last night of the big festival in town.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #39  
Susan

Hope everyone is doing good today! I had a workshop and will have it all week. It's pretty good. I got home and started to chew a piece of gum and my crown came out. I'm sick!!!! I called the dentist here and they are going to get me in tomorrow afternoon. I'm SO GLAD!!!!

Tammy, I've been watching the weather for you too. Gosh, Tim and Bob could have come and mowed for us!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #40  
Thursday Lady

Susan, that happened to Larry a couple of weeks ago. In fact, it was the Memorial Day weekend! No one would see him until Tuesday! They just glued it back in. I hope that's all you have to have done.
When do you start your shots? I hope you don't get a migrane.

Tammy, It looks like that rain will be all gone by the time y'all get there. I'm so glad!

How is everyone tonight? I get back OP tomorrow. We had Italian food tonight, instead of seafood. It was very good.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #41  

Susan, I'm so glad that the dentist can get you in so fast. lol to the guys mowing for you. They could have just ridden the rider down to Texas. They would have looked cute!

Tina, Italian is just as good as seafood in my book. Glad you enjoyed it.

Right now we have no water. Our water heater was going out. The plumber was here to put a new one in. It doesn't fit right, so he went to get another one. Bob and Tim have plans to go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton today. Hope this doesn't affect their plans. I can be here for the plumber. He's a friend of Bob's, so it's not a problem.

I need to go buy a dress for the trip.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #42  

I went shopping for a dress. The first store I went in had maybe 15 dresses total in the store. I couldn't believe it. Anything that I liked in my size? Of course not! I almost cried. I headed out of there and was going to drive to another town.

Saw Penney's just down a ways in the mall. Headed in there. I tried on lots of dresses. Liked most of them, but I kept remembering that Bob has made comments that all of my dresses are soooooooooo long. The last dress I tried on was a black dress that comes just below the knees. It was a little big, but I thought what the heck. It was a $90 dress, and I got it for $39. Thought that was pretty good. The top is a bit open and my bra showed a little, so I bought a black bra and panties. Did I feel racy or what? Good ol' white undies are my staple. lol

I asked the lady about slips, but they don't sell them. I ended up at Wal Mart, found a black slip and bought it. Bought a new pair of black shoes at Shoebilee. Didn't want to spend lots, because I don't wear heals at all anymore. My outfit is complete. I came home and went through my jewelry. Found 2 necklaces that will look nice I think. The one has a pearl on it, and I have earrings and a ring that match. I think I'll go with those. I need a new watch. I don't think I want to wear my Mickey Mouse or Tigger watch with that outfit. Now I wish I would have had my hair colored when I was there last week. I just had it cut. Oh well!!

The guys had a great time on their trip to the AF Museum. Tonight we had a landscaper person come to give us an estimate for trimming up some of the bushes here (I don't think the previous owners ever did.). We also need some pulled out that are dead.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #43  
Thursday Lady

Happy Wednesday!
It is a beautiful day here. Yesterday we reached 100 degrees and stayed there. Boy was it hot!!!

Tammy, it sounds like you had quite a shopping trip. I've noticed that lots of stores just do not carry dresses anymore. What's the deal????? Your outfit sounds wonderful. Yes, I'd get another watch to go with that great outfit. Mickey and Tigger really don't go with that.
Susan, how's everything with you?
Karla, Jennifer, Terry, Amy, Joybell------what's going on?
Mimi, I know you are out there.
Maureen, how's the roller blading going?
Sis, it's almost your birthday. Any special plans?

I don't think I mentioned this....Larry gave me a dozen red roses in a vase for our anniversary. He's so sweet.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #44  

Hey everybody!

Summer is moving too fast for me.

Tina, we are coming to your area of the state this weekend. We are going to be at Moody Gardens hotel Friday night until Monday morning. We are going to do Moody Gardens, Schilltterbaun (on Father's Day) then drive back on Monday.

It will be nice to get away for a couple of days. I have lived in San Antonio for 33 years and never been to Galveston. I guess it is about time.

Schilitterbaun (one of the largest water parks) is less that 30 miles from my house, but it is going to take me driving 4 hours before I go to one. The last time Rob and I went was when we were in high school, so it should be an adventure with the kids this time.

Yes Sue, I have ALREADY packed my sunscreen!

I am known as "Snow White" since I am so fair skinned. I have two shades, white with freckles or burnt.

Well I am off to mow the grass in 98 degree heat.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #45  
Thursday Lady

Amy, you must have a death wish mowing in this heat.
Have a wonderful time in Galveston. Wish we could meet but I know that's impossible this time.
Schilitterbaun is up and running and very busy. We were in Galveston on Sunday. We drove past it and there were lots of people there.
It's not as large as the original one (we've been there) but I'm sure y'all will have a blast!

It's hot today!!!!!
Closed Thread