Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #76  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Susan Happy belated bday.

Thought I would just check in and say HI. I read your posts to find out what is going on with everyone. I identify with the rain. Here in Indy, it has rained nearly every day all Spring & Summer. Everything is green, but it sure makes it hard to walk after work.

I have just discovered something I should have realized fully years ago. CARBS are my enemy. I was losing at a nice steady pace until I was told I could have some different fruits & rice cake snacks--Do you know they make mini rice cakes now in nacho cheese, sour cream & onion, carmel corn, ranch (my fav), etc. etc. They are light & crunchy like chips & taste soooo good---1 serving + 1 serving + 1 serving is still not enough. The weight loss is really slow now and the rice cakes (all but the plain ones-yuck!) are going in the garbage Wednesday--never to darken my cupboard again. Sorry, just thought I'd share. Maybe if I had realized that years ago, I would not have had to have surgery.

Have a good week all.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #77  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, welcome home!!!!!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #78  

Maureen, I am so impressed about you and those roller blades! I had trouble staying upright in the wheelchair at Disney (of course that could have been Tim's fault!)

Loodie, I keep forgetting you are in Indy. Tim is at orientation at Ball State in Muncie right now, so you are probably closer to him than I am. lol It's a little over an hour for us to get to Muncie from our house.

Thanks Tina! It's good to be home. Lots of laundry to do, but I've made some headway in that direction.

Just ate breakfast. I little cup of vanilla ice cream and a diet coke. Think we need to hit the grocery?

Bob went to check the other house a while ago. I think he did that so I'd have time to do more laundry. lol
Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #79  

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot! I got weighed this morning! I stayed the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure that with all of the restaurant food, etc. that I'd have a gain. Woo Hoo!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #80  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tammy, I'm so glad you had such a great time. We missed you around here.

Sorry about all the rain up north. At least it's not down here right now. I just heard on the news that it will rain next weekend. Now, that's not nice!

How is everyone doing on their weight????? (Tammy, congrats on not gaining over your trip.) I'm having the worst luck. I go see my PCP on Thursday morning. Maybe he'll kick me in the behind and get me going in the right direction.

Maureen, I'm glad you like your new skates.
Loodie, I'm with you on "healthy food" NOT being healthy. They make it look so good, don't they!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #81  

It's good to be home, but I always like going away.

We haven't had much rain where we live. It rained for a short while tonight.

I have to go to my family doctor sometime, but I haven't made an appointment yet. I have to have some bloodwork done before I go, and I keep putting it off. I know he'll kick me in the behind.

I did laundry all day yesterday, so today I was sore and sleeping most of the time. Bob and I planned to go uptown to a little bar where they have karaoke every Wed. night. We weren't going to sing, just hang out with friends. Well, he is there and I'm at home ready to go to bed.

At least by sleeping most of the day I didn't eat alot.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #82  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone had a good day. I'm tired today. I'm not sure why, but I think the heat does play apart of it plus I haven't slowed down all summer.

Tammy, I'm sorry that you hurt on your trip but at least you had fun! Take care of yourself!!!!! Yea on not gaining!!!

Tina, thanks for my magnet! I love it!! I just laughed when I got it.

Amy, how was the movie? I know that you had a bunch of excited monkeys!

Karla, are ya'll safe? I keep seeing all of the rain up there! Oh and don't believe Amy, I just let her think that Daddy loves her........ or she will go crying to Mom!!! Actually, we are both Daddy girls!

I got my prep work on my crown yesterday. The dentist was great. I told him "now I always tell my brother if you hurt me I'm telling mom!" He laughed and when he was done he said "Are you going to have to tell Momma?" I cracked up. I will get my actual crown in a month.

The ENT called and wants me to come in and talk to him next week about my CAT scan. He said there is a procedure he wants to talk about. So we will see.....
Old 06-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #83  

Susan, you are always busy! I know the heat plays a large part of how we feel. Getting yourself ready for the next school year also takes a bit out of a person over the summer. It has felt good this summer not working on things for school. I know if I'm back for intervention/tutoring in the fall, there will be things that are available and people to help me out. Too funny about your dentist! Let us know what you find out about the CAT scan.

I've spent most of the day on the couch or in bed again. Just no energy. I guess the trip and orientation took more out of me than I thought. Bob has been great about it. I'm glad he is understanding. Tomorrow we go pick up Tim from his early class. He is really enjoying it. Storm Chasers!

bob is cooking again tonight. He is planning fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans. I have added salads for us. My chicken will be on the GF grill.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #84  
Susan

Hi,

Tammy, I'm really not that busy. Actually, I was thinking I'm lazy. I honestly think my thyroid level might not be just perfect because I'm still tired alot. I go next month for my check up and she will check it.

My folks are coming up on Saturday and staying until the day after the 4th. We'll drive over to see my brother (mom has to get a crown put on, all of the work is done). He called today to see if I wanted to get my teeth cleaned and I said "nah, just give me more bleach" I hated to say I used a dentist here but it was a necessity.

Nothing exciting going on.....

Karla, Jennifer, where are you girlies? You haven't floated away???
Old 06-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #85  

Susan, it seems to me like you are a busy person. Walking the dogs, working in the yard, etc. I can walk Kramer but I'm sure no good at yard work anymore.

That's great that your parents are coming! Tell them hello for me!! Tell them I want to meet them, so you can just drive on up to Ohio for us to visit.

We are leaving about 9 in the morning to go get Tim. I need to head to bed pretty soon. I told bob that I need to get up early enough to shower, etc. and then take a nap before we go because I know it will wear me out. I'm pitiful.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #86  

I didn't take a nap after my shower this morning. I dozed off and on to Muncie though. When we got home, I slept for almost 2 hours.

Tim is glad to be home, but he loved the storm chaser class. He made friends, went to the mall, went putt-putt golfing, water volleyball, movies at the dorm, and just general freshman type college goofiness. I think he'll do fine in the fall. I'll be the one with the problem with him being gone.

Any other special plans for the weekend for anyone? The town where we live had fireworks for their big festival before we left, and we saw fireworks every night while we were at Disney. I think we might skip going to see any this year.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #87  
Susan

It sounds like Time had a great time at school!! That's great that he had a good time. Tammy, you will be into all kind of things this fall.

I've been cleaning the house and doing stuff here. I went and had lunch with my girl friend. I'm thinking about joining the new Lifetime gym here. Pat said "you'll go until school starts and then you'll be too tired." I'm thinking I might go before school and just take a shower and get dressed there. They are open 24/7. I don't know.

My folks are coming in town this weekend and we'll watch the town's fireworks from our pasture. It's only a mile away where the festival is and we have a great view.

I'm thinking I might need to cut a leg off to lose some weight.... Do you think I'll miss it???
Old 06-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #88  

I knew I shouldn't have been worried about Tim. He has gone to scout camp every summer since 4th grade (I thought it was 5th and he corrected me), he went to Europe last summer, and he has been to band camp 4 times. Susan, if I don't go back to school, maybe I'll take a road trip to Texas. Wonder how long it would take me to drive there? I think you might miss the leg, so I don't advise it. Are you bringing your parents to Ohio to meet me?

I read the DaVinci Code while we were on our trip. Very good. A mystery that I enjoyed. I knew it was fiction, so I didn't get confused. lol
Old 06-30-2006, 10:04 PM   #89  
Susan

Tammy,
It doesn't matter the age you are, you STILL need your mom. He will have a great time being away but I can promise you he will miss you as much as you miss him.

Come on down to Texas! We would have so much fun!!!! I can see us now!!!

Pat came home and mowed. I just watched. I love my job.... actually I like to mow and wish I could. I just get so stopped up.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #90  

I know Tim will miss me. We are pretty close. Right now he and Bob are having some issues that started on vacation. It's driving me crazy. I wish they'd just sit down and talk about it and get it over with.

We would have fun if we could get together.
Go ahead and let Pat mow. You don't need to get sick!!

Tim is leaving for work. Bob went for a walk. Kramer and I are hanging out. Exciting life we lead.
Closed Thread