Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 08:09 PM   #16  

Maria thanks for the site. I am going to check it out now. I see you are online now - that is pretty cool. Slavika they were 5 cedar tree stumps that we [or should I say dh and his friend] took out. They died last year and we had them cut down. I don't know what was worse - the roots or the stumps. I wanted to try to run that machine but they wouldn't let me. Now we can put in a deck or patio. The sun is out and there are fireworks starting. Going to be a long evening.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:53 AM   #17  
Life Time 2001

Maria: If you are going to have your feet done I have to agree it would be better now then waiting until you are older. Gets more difficult I think. Hows the packing going?

Slavika: We had some friends over for a BBQ is about all we did. Didnt even go watch fireworks. To many people and not worth the hassle anymore. Yes you give excellent advise!

Peggy: Now why would you want to run that machine? Those things scare me! I would much rather cut trees then take the stumps out. We had to help a freind along time ago on both. Neither was fun! But I would take the cutting over the stumps any day!

Have a great day all!
Old 07-05-2001, 10:45 PM   #18  
Net browser

Default ...home home on the range

Hi Everybody

Maria sorry, about the "home, home on the range", but I must be tired, it was the only song I could think of ,with the word home in it. Ok, having said that, did you fly home today, or do you leave later this week?

We had a lovely day, weather wise here. I went grocery shopping and bought some lovely cherries and my favorite fresh veg. "PEAS". I like to just shell and eat, shell and eat.... you get the idea. I managed to get some yard work done and then had a pleasant hour sit down and watched the little birds eat......boy they are noisy.
Nothing too exciting happening with me, hope you all had a nice day too. "Talk" to you tomorrow.
Night all.
Old 07-06-2001, 12:23 PM   #19  

It is too pretty to do anything today. I am spending in the basement getting ready for the fall craft shows. I have been painting on old roofing slate that I have had in the garage for how many years? Time to move it out. I also cut out the snowmen bodies so I can sew them and assemble them. There's around 25 of those. That is keeping my hands busy so I can't snack. Trudy I just read a good thriller called The Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom. Couldn't put it down. At first I didn't think I could read it because of the opening subject. Then I got into it and it has a lot of twists and turns. Just don't peak at the ending if any you read it. Have to go outside for awhile - too pretty.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:17 PM   #20  

Default Home!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes home at last

Slavika we actually drove home in our 4x4 wheel drive.

Left Melbourne at 6am and the first few hours dh drove, had breakfast and then I took over whilst he set up a mini office on the passenger side He just had phone call after phone call so I kept on driving. As I was overtaking a truck I said to dh how windy it was as the car was swerving a bit, well it wasn't windy we had a 'blow-out' I slowed down and managed to pull off to the side of the road. All was well but why oh why did I keep on thinking about what could have happened
We arrived back in Adelaide about 5 in the afternoon.

House looks the same, lots of weeds in my little backyard, camellias are looking beautiful, bulbs are coming up. Son and partner came around about 6 and we had a lovely evening. Went to bed and both of us had the best sleep, it was sooooo quite Where we have been staying has been in the city centre, fairly noisy.
Watching son play footy this afternoon and out to dinner with friends tonight. Over the years we never thought he cared much if we came to watch him play sport but we always did, now he is very keen for us to come and said that we will be here to watch him play in three games! Very surprised this coming from a lowkey 27 year old He also said how nice it was that we were home and how much they had missed us.

It will be hard to leave again in 3 weeks time.

Peggy that wasn't a picture of you that you attached was it I did really like it!

Cheers for now
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 07-06-2001 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2001, 11:07 PM   #21  
Life Time 2001

Default LOL!!

Peggy: I thought you were going outside! Now I see you sitting in front of the TV! Shame Shame! Great pic!
Want are the snowmen like? I really love Christmas decorations. I have a million I think!

Slavika: Yummmm I like peas that way to! They are good. I have a lot of birds to. I love to watch them. Right now we have a Dove that is above our front door. She is hatching some baby's. She wont even move when we open the door. Just sits there and looks at us. Very pretty bird. She is big to for the space she is in. Cant wait til the babies hatch! Just got to keep those Darn cats away from them. Last year one of them ate the babies

Maria: Yeah you are home!!!!!!! Bet you did have a good sleep. Its always better when you get to your real bed. The flat sounds scary. I have never had one while I was driving, thank goodness. Glad nothing happen!

Have a great night all!
Old 07-07-2001, 12:26 PM   #22  
Net browser

Default ....Hi Everybody

Peggy the book you are reading sounds like something I might enjoy too. Trudy and I were at Costco yesterday and I looked there to see if they had it, but they didn't. I'll check the bookstore, next time I am in the Mall. You sure are a busy lady with all those crafts you are doing. I like to do crafts too, but I don't do it on the large scale that you do. I like your "lady" in front of the TV. If she had been in front of the computer it would have looked just like me. LOL
Maria I'm happy you arrived home safe and sound. Having a flat on the highway is not fun. Thinking about "ALL THE THINGS" that "COULD" have happened, that must be a woman thing. I would have done that too.
I know you are happy to be home, enjoy your time there with your family, friends and garden.
Lily I love doves. Sometimes I get a couple of the grey doves in my yard......they seem like such sweet birds. You are lucky they are nesting in your yard and you will see the babies. Watch out for those "kitty cats".
Next Wednesday is my DIL's birthday and I phoned the fish store for lobster tails (for her birthday dinner) so we will leave shortly and pick them up. The price of them are now $32.00/lb, no wonder they cost so much to have them in a restaurant.
Tonight I am going to see the musical "Chicago". I understand that Hollywood is going to make a movie out of it. Yesterday at Costco I bought these Eggo Waffles that have a filling in the center. Some have strawberry, some have maple syrup. Very nice. Each waffle is 3 points.....SO....... if you can stop at just one, it is a nice treat to have on hand.
******Have any of you ever had any teeth implants???
I am not happy with this new partial and am thinking along those lines. I don't mean "root canals", I mean when you actually have
a screw put into your jaw bone and then a "tooth/cap"put on. YIKES, just thinking about getting screws put into my jaw gives me the shakes. I talked to
Trudy about it yesterday and I think it gave her the shakes too.
I better get moving. Have a nice day everybody.
Old 07-07-2001, 01:19 PM   #23  

Slavika that book is an older one. The one I have is a paperback and I picked it up at the vacation house. Bad me. Try the library - if you can't find it e-mail me your address and I will send it to you. Nieces own a mail box business and I get a break on shipping. Maria I am glad your are home safely and are enjoying your house, Yard and bed. Nothing like being home is there? No that is not me eating those chips, Actually I don't care for chips but if they were M & M's that would be me. Slavika I liked Chicago. Saw it when it was here in town. Lily my snowmen are big - about 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall. I do the basic work of making the body and send them to my friend and she decorates them. They have lights on them. We make boys and girls and they have names. We sell them for $55 so it takes someone who really wants one to buy it. We sold about 4 of them around Easter. Go figure. I sold my treasures this morning at the street sale. It was over in Kentucky and it was a good sale. Have to run and see if the dishwasher is fixed. I have had to handwash the dishes - shows how really spoiled you become. I was married 25 years before I got one and next week we celebrate out 37th. I think I am a saint.
Old 07-07-2001, 04:28 PM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Default oooooooh Lobster!

Slavika:
What time is dinner on wednesday? I will be there so save me some Lobster! I hardly ever get it as it is so expensive. But I do love it. Enjoy Chicago. I heard it really good. I do watch for the kitty cats, unfortuately(?) they seem to always be around the house when Im at work
Tooth implants? Never heard of them, but it sounds awful to me. Gives me the shakes to.

Peggy: These Snowman sound so cute. Do you have a picture you can email me? They just sound so cute and different. Havent seen anything like that around here at the craft fairs yet. Wow 37 years! I think you are a saint to

Looks like rain here today, ALAS. Guess it doesnt matter, Im to lazy to do anything today. I didnt sleep last night so I need a nap.
Old 07-08-2001, 11:29 PM   #25  
Net browser

Default ...hey there everybody

Well I have to say I really enjoyed Chicago. Both the dancing and the music were just wonderful.
This afternoon my brother and his wife came over and we sat outside (beautiful day) and had a couple of drinks and some appetizers. Later we went to a small town and had some "HOMEMADE" french fries and I split a hamburger with DH. We stopped at Fruit/Veg stand for blueberries. cherries and strawberries and had that for dessert when we got back here. All in all a lovely day.

Lily did you get caught up with your sleep, and did you eventually get some sunshine? Peggy thanks for the offer of the book. I'll check the local library first, for all I know if it's an older book I might have read it. I do that you know. LOL I pick up a book and think, "oh this sounds like something I would enjoy". I get half way through it and realize I read if before.
You also mentioned M & M's, so, "you know who" had to buy some M & M's. The good news is, "you know who" didn't eat the whole bag.

Where is everybody this weekend.................hello.........
Old 07-09-2001, 06:58 AM   #26  

Hi, We have had some bad storms over the weekend. Yesterday was my dh's birthday and we had his family over. We were the only ones with electric. It was out for hours all around us. Some parts of the city still don't have electric. It is also very humid. Slavika it sounds like you had a nice day. Isn't the fruit yummy this time of year? I have been watching the blackberries in the park - in a couple of weeks they will be ready. When I walk Max I take an extra little bag and pick some. Lily I have some pictures somewhere but I don't have the stuff [whatever it is] to send but I can send it by snail mail if you e-mail me your address. Have to go clean up from yesterday - my youngest can't find his sunglasses. They must be here somewhere. You would think he lost a million dollars. Have a good one. Geri I didn't lose anything this week but I will try harder starting NOW!
Old 07-09-2001, 12:54 PM   #27  
Life Time 2001

Salvika: I do the same thing with movies I bring them home and DH says we already saw this. Funny thing is it was only a couple weeks prior The Sunshine is back! So Im happy!

Peggy I will send you my address in email. I love the fruit this time of year to. I have Watermelon today. Yummmmmmm. That and cantalope are my favorites. I could OD on both of them.

Sure is quite here.....
Old 07-09-2001, 09:44 PM   #28  
Net browser

Default ....Hi Everybody

Boy, what a quiet board. What are you gals all up to?
This morning, early, my friend picked me up in her brand new silver Lexus sports car, and we went for breakfast. What a beautiful car. It has a hard top, that at a push of a button folds back to make the car a convertible. Nothing like two "dollies" driving around town in a really nice sports car. I would like to say that my hair was just flowing in the breeze, but since it is so short.....there was not much flowing going on. LOL
Later in the afternoon, my grandson rode his bike over and the two of us had a wonderful afternoon. In fact, we had so much fun he decided he would just stay for dinner. I loved it. We played computer games, discussed the Harry Potter books in great detail, then we watched a Tweety Bird movie. Lily I had bought a whole watermelon and when the "Grand" was over I cut half of it up into bite size pieces and during the afternoon we ate it all. (well half of the whole watermelon, a seedless one) I enjoy the seedless ones because they are seedless but I think the old kind has more flavour....what do you think?
Trudy what were you up to today? I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at Tea Time. I don't know if I will go to WW tomorrow or not.

Last edited by slavika; 07-09-2001 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2001, 10:30 PM   #29  

See you at 127!

Maria
Closed Thread