Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Default Beautiful Tuesday

It's Tuesday,
Today is so pretty. I can tell summer is leaving us. Well, a little anyway. The humidity is down and it's actually in the 70's. I can go out to put the sprinkler without coming back in sweating.

Jan, welcome to the group. Originally, we all weighed in on Thursdays. We're not really strict about that now. We have a Weigh-In Results thread and a Photo thread. Be sure to post your weigh-ins and send a picture. It sounds like you're fully committed and going strong.

How is everyone today/?????? I hope we can all stay OP and drink water today and the rest of the week.
I have a dental appointment this afternoon. I don't like dentsts and always put off the visits as long as possible.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon all

I've taken this week off so I'm not doing much but have decided to get serious about all this weight I've gained. Today I haven' t done too bad, but I find it's the evenings that kill me. So, I'll make sure I watch it.

Hi Jan, I'm in Edmonton too!!! We're in the north east end, welcome.

Tina, Sue and all you other southern belles - you were talking about cold we sometimes get -30 celsius in the winter which translates to about -22 farenheit, but after seeing the mess Katrina has left I'll take the cold. I do think our summer is way too short though and especially this year it seemed to rain so much.

Well, have a great day and talk to you all later

maureen
Old 09-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #33  

Yes Maureen I'll take the cold over all those storms anyday.
Jan welcome to the group. We are a pretty good bunch of gals.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #34  

Susan, you are right about the 24/7. All of the staff is feeling so out of it because of all of the changes that they made. There is no time during the school day for me to meet with the other 4th grade teachers. We don't even get to eat lunch together. I think that has everyone feeling so lost and frustrated. I was thinking tonight that after Open House, I'm going to rethink what my plans are for the year. I am definitely not going to be able to do everything that I'd like, so I need to regroup my brain. lol

And speaking of cramps! I'm still crampy but nothing else. This is ridiculous.

Welcome to the crew, Jan!!!!! You will love it here. These ladies are some of the most supportive women I've ever "met", not only for weight loss, but for a zillion other things that we all deal with at one time or another in our lives.

I live in Western Ohio, we've been married 24 years, and we have a son who is 17 and a senior in high school. We also have a dog named Kramer, a dachsund. He's spoiled rotten. In fact, he's waiting by the recliner for me so he can curl up beside me while I read the paper!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #35  

Hi ladies!
I need your support!!! I have been reading over alot of the threads lately and this one has stuck out to me. My name is Andrea. I am a sahm and have 2 boys. Andrew is 8 and Alex is 3. Me and Dh have been married 9 yrs. I was on the wendy plan about 1 1/2 yrs ago and lost about 14 pounds. I had a group of weight loss friends on another thread. Since then, the thread kind of fizzled out. Dh and I moved and I am just now trying to get my act together! I weigh about 172 now. Just writing that down makes me sick!!! I'm 5'4 and want to get down to about 125. I did really well when I had some weight loss friends and I hope ya'll will be my new ones!

Last edited by A&A's Mom; 09-06-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #36  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good Morning!

I have to say thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. The support everyone has for one another is fantastic.

Maureen - I cannot believe there is someone else from Edmonton. I live in the deep south in Lake Summerside. I work at Save-on-Foods downtown currently but for nine years I worked in the Northtown and Namao location, so who knows we might have met many times.

A & A's mom - Our goals and starting weights are almost identical. I am starting at 176 and my goal is to stay between 125 - 130. We can take this journey together.

Tina - How was the dental appointment? I think I dispise going to dentists as much as you.

Tammy - I cannot believe what their doing to you and the kids. Hopefully this experiment will fail and they will go back to the old ways soon.

Mimi - Thanks for the welcome.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Default Beautiful Wednesday

Hi everyone!
Andrea, welcome to the group.
Jan--
I made it through my dental visit. It took 2 hours!@# He had to replace some bonding on my 2 upper front teeth. He's a good guy, I just have this thing about dentists.
Susan and Amy, how is your dad doing?
Tammy, I hope the cramps are gone now.
Sis & Jody & Erin, what's happening?
Maureen,, have you enjoyed your vacation so far? Don't worry, you will get your weight back off. Just start counting your points and journaling. Remember you have flex points that you can use at night.
Mimi, How's my friend doing?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

I managed to stay on program yesterday(below pts actually & I know that's not good)-
Tina I hope your mouth wasn't too sore. I've never been afraid of the dentist, but I found my jaw would get sore from keeping my mouth open for so long!

Jan, I've sometimes popped into your store(if that's the one on 109 St & Jasper) - also do the payroll etc parttime for Allegro's restaurant in Peace Hills Trust bldg so I'm not too far away from there- If you wear name tags & I see Jan I'll say hello. We just moved in april to Clareview. I like it because we're close to the LRT, Wal-Mart(I can see it out the back bedroom window) & superstore.

Hi to Tammy, Sue, Mimi, Amy & everyone else

Talk to you later

maureen
Old 09-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #39  

Welcome Andrea!
Well for some reason I am not getting post reminders, so Maybe I will have to pop in more often. I clued in last week when about 4 days had gone by and no reminder. I knew that just could NOT be.
Tina, believe it or not is is still hot here and we have to have the air on. I have a big appointment coming at the dentist too, and am dreading it. (root canal)
Ladies; check out what I did on my summer holidays on the photo thread.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #40  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Hey everyone!

Andrea and Jan - Welcome!! You're so right - Everyone here is SOO supportive. This is my first week on Wendie's plan, but it's gone really well. I plan on posting a seperate post tomorrow about my trial week. I'd like to hear more about your experiences with it :c)

Tina - Dental visits!! Scary! I'm glad you did ok. 2 hours is about an hour and a half too long :c)

Auntie and Little Sis - How are things??? I hope all is ok with your Dad and everything else, too.

Tammy - I hope things find balance for you. I can't imagine the thought process of your administrators! (You are the one with the GIANT class, right? - and you have 2 or 3 with special needs?) I get confused sometimes, lol! (I don't know how you all keep up!)

I hope I didn't leave anyone out! You're all so great, I'd hate to overlook anyone .

I have done really well this week. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow evening!

Have a great night, ladies!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #41  

Welcome to the gang Andrea!!!! They are awesome!!

Jan, I don't think the administration is going to change their minds on what they've done at school. That would be admitting that they were wrong, and of course, they wouldn't want to do that. lol

Tina, I wish you could go to my dentist. She is wonderful! It is rare to have any pain at all with anything that we have done. Bob was going to her before we were married, so it's been a while. When Tim was little, she would put him on a stool so he could watch her clean my teeth! I'm still crampy, but sometimes the pains are really severe. I guess I should mention that to the gyn. whenever I make an appointment to see him for my yearly checkup.

Maureen, I do so much of my shopping at WalMart. Lucky you to be that close!

Mimi, yes I think you should pop in more often!!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

Mimi----You and Dan are stars!!!!!
My goodness, how did you get to sit down with Oprah???????
Tell us everything and don't leave anything out.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #43  

Good evening ladies!

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. I know I told ya'll I'm a sahm, but I also babysit. Those kids are precious, but boy to they wear me out!! I did o.k. on my plan today. I may have gone over a little. Who does ww and what plan do you do? I've done the wendy plan and that worked for me but is not as flexable as the flex points. I also have heard about core, but don't know much about it. What I have heard seems like it might be hard to do. I don't know if I trust myself enough to do flex points. I don't think I would be very disiplined with them. I'll admit, I'm a pig!

Anyway, forgive me for not addressing ya'll personally, but I'll do better tomorrow. Have a great night and I also want to know about the Oprah story!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #44  
Thursday Lady

Hi Andrea,
Since this is the WW part of the message board, we've all done/or are doing WW. The point system is my favorite although I've tried Core.
I can hold myself more accountable with the points.
It sounds like you are one busy lady!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #45  

Hey y'all
I'm just starting out on WW, and you ladies seem like a fun group, hope you don't mind if I hang around. I'm finishing up college a semester late, and graduating in December. My weight has fluctuated since high school, and I think WW has the structure I need to be successful.
Closed Thread