Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 10:20 AM   #16  

Susan; I think that giving away the baby things is a great idea, and I am sure it will help to know you are helping.
Tina;Congrats on staying on points. You are right when you get into a groove its a good place to stay. I am not getting notified of posts either, maybe the site is taking a holiday too. Yes it is Labour day here tomorrow too. The boys are both off too so I am trying to figure out what to do that would be special.
Tammy; I hope your classroom settles down soon. They are really giving the teachers here a shakeup this year, instead of 2 15min. recesses and one 1hr. lunch they are having 2 45 min breaks. I am glad my guys are out of the elementary system now, making one lunch a day was stressful enough. Those 45 min.are a long time outside when it is minus 20 degrees. There will be lots of kids staying in.
Erin; let us know how today is going. I know you can do it.
Sis; enjoy your walk today, It is beautiful here today, I hope the sun is shining on you.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #17  
Susan

Hi Friends,

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. We got up and Pat mowed the front pasture while I took my dog for a walk. It's an australian shepard that showed up here several years ago. He can't stand her but I love her. So she is mine. We went for a long walk, then I came home and did weights. It felt so good. Then Pat took the other 2 dogs for a walk. One doesn't like to go for walks.

We went to IHOP for breakfast. I had the Chef salad. It is so GOOD. You really must try it sometimes. I think it's one fo the best salads I've had.

I never know why sometimes we get messges and others we don't... the mystery!!!

Tammy, ya'll did great raising money!!! You know one new student can change the whole atmosphere in class. I agree it wsn't fair that you got him.

Tina, did you mother enjoy her birthday cake?

Erin, I agree about seeing all the destruction on the news. It's always there. I've never tried Wendies plan but I've heard about it.

Sis, I'm glad you posted.

Mimi, I can't believe the kids going out in such cold weather. Here they don't go out if it's cold.

Amy, now where are you????? Don't make me come down there! Well, wouldn't that be a punishment.... me coming down there!!! Ha Hope lunch was good! Wish I was there with you.

As ya'll can tell we have a very close family. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #18  

Well Susan that is pretty cold even for her but pretty much from the end of November to the end of Feb. it is in the minus degrees (thats celcius degrees). So the kids get used to it lots of hats mitts, scarves and thick coat, boots, leggings. It takes the kids 10 minutes to get dressed.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

I'm sure I couldn't live up there in MI or Canada. Brrrr..... I get so cold when the north wind blows in beneath our front door. and, it's only in the 40's.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #20  

Hi Sis! Good for you on the walking. I've been wearing my pedometer to school every day. I've hit 10,000 steps almost every day this week. This week should be more because I have cafeteria duty every day. Oh boy! Also, good for you on starting to lose again. I'm glad that I didn't gain since it's that TOM. Haven't started anything but cramping though. Yuck.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #21  
Susan

I couldn't live where it was cold either. I'd be a popsicle!!! It's bad enough here that once it starts getting cool, my feet are freezing until spring.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #22  

Would someone please explain to me what it means to have cold weather.
We may, if we are lucky have 3 weeks of cold (30 degree weather). It's nothing to wear shorts to church for Christmas mass.

Well our Daddy is much better. Thanks for all the prayers and special words. He is still weak, but he felt good enough last night to make his special homemade chilli for the hotdog we were having for dinner.

I am so proud of you Suz (aka Susan) I know my beautiful nephew is looking down and has his wings around you while you gather all his stuff. Remind me to tell you about the butterfly I saw Friday.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #23  
Thursday Lady

Amy, I'm with you. The only thing we have to worry about on Christmas day is maybe rain.
Except last year when it actually snowed on Chrismas Eve!
Hot weather then helps curb the cravings for hot, homemade fudge.
Now I'm making myself hungry.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #24  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Hey, everyone!! How is Labor Day going? I bet it's nice for you teachers to have a day off :c)

We're blessed with warm weather here, too, of course...but, it's always neat when you see the leaves changing on TV and stuff...kinda makes me think I'm missing out, you know? However, I've taken my kids swimming in November, so I suppose that's the tradeoff.

My 'Wendie Week' is going super. I can tell the scale is down, although I'm not sure that has much to do with the plan. I think it has more to do with my faithfullness. I've been OP all week. :c) No grazing or taking 'bites' of stuff and not counting it. (I was doing that all last week, and it showed)

The coolest thing? I actually had the ENERGY and the DESIRE to go outside and do yardwork yesterday. That was the first time in a long time that I've felt that way. It's nice not to take up residence on the couch all day. ;c)

I'll talk to you ladies later! :c)
Old 09-05-2005, 07:26 PM   #25  

day off? I was at school yesterday, and I was back in there again today. There is so much silly stuff to do at the beginning of the year, and I haven't found time during the school day to get it done. This Thursday we have Open House. We always have a hot dog dinner on the front lawn of the school. Well, that's what we've had since this principal has been here. We usually have a pretty good turnout. Hope they all don't come into the classroom at once! No one will be able to move!!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #26  
Susan

Howdy,

It is nice to have the day off, but I'm doing school work. I agree Tammy, there is so much to do getting started at the beginning of the year. I think I could work 24/7 for several days and still not be caught up.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I ran errands this afternoon and then we went out for lunch.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #27  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Oh no! No rest for the weary :c(
Old 09-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Well, I goofed off enough for everyone!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #29  
Susan

Tammy,
I think you sent your cramps down here!!! Hope yours are better.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #30  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Default I would like to join!!!

I have read through your posts and think you are a great bunch of "losers" that are very supportive of one another. I would really like to join your group .

My name is Jan and I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I am originally from Southern California. I met DH almost 18 years ago and moved to Canada once we were married. We have three wonderful sons; the oldest is 13 and the twins are 11.

My current (and final) weight loss journey started Thursday Sept 1. I am following the Wendie Plan. I find this to be a very satisfying plan for me.

I look forward to getting to know everyone
Closed Thread