Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 03:05 AM   #16  

Hi all.

I had to go to the doctor today, one of those yearly things, and had good news. I haven't been to my weigh in yet, but according to his scales I'm down 4 lbs. from last week. Of course the center's scales may be different but it made me feel good. I'll go weigh in tomorrow officially. My cholesterol was also down. Really good news, and hopefully in 6 months will be average.

Tammy, my oldest son is in 2nd grade and loves it. I think being a teacher is the best.

Cindy, good luck. I really wanted to go this morning for weighin too, but had the doctor thing to do. I'll let you know tomorrow my results.

Tina, sounds like you did pretty good at the birthday dinner. I'm going to love the whole "banked" points concept. It allows special occasions.

Jill have fun in Toronto with your honey.

Everyone have a great day.

Tracy
Old 02-21-2001, 06:42 AM   #17  
Cute & Cudley

TexasMom- Congratulations on the loss! That is so great. See how easy it was.

Jill- Have a great trip.

Hope everyone is doing well. I went for a 20 minute walk today with the baby and then when DH got home went for a 3 mile run. Yea me! I am determined to lose these last four pounds!

It was hard going back to work today after having four days off. But I managed and teh day flew by. It is a really long time until Spring Break though. I am still holding out for one or two more snow days. That would be sweet.

Yesterday I bought something new to try. It was a Hostess lite cupcake. I had one for dessert last night and it was good. Chocolate with chocolate frosting and creme in the middle. For only 3 points. Usually I don't like to buy snacks that are more than 2 POINTs, but I figured if I was in the mood for something sweet this would hit the spot. It was a good find.

Enjoy the rest of the night everyone and drink that water!
Old 02-21-2001, 09:24 AM   #18  

Congratulations Cindy!!!! Way to go.

It looks like we posted at the same time. Keep up the good work.

Tracy
Old 02-21-2001, 10:42 AM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Cindy---WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me, but I had to shout. You did great. It really keeps you motivated to lose. You might have another big loss next time, too. That's the way I did. After that, it slowed down like it is supposed to.

Kimmy-Jo, you are one exercising person. Good for you.

Tracy, I'm glad you got a good dr. report.
It's past time for my mammogram. I must make that appt.

Tammy, how was the first day back? Were the kids wild. My sister says that hers are nuts. They're ready for Spring Break. The TAAS testing & Standardize tests are coming. That's no fun for them. Boy, am I glad I'm out of school.
Old 02-22-2001, 08:19 AM   #20  

Tina, my kids have been really good at school. Considering this is a 3-day week for us, it is amazing. We have conferences after school tomorrow until 7:00 (yea, right!). We are off of school on Friday because of the conferences. I think the conf. will go OK except maybe 2 of them.

One set of parents doesn't want to face the music that their child is as low as he is. The poor little guy has no fun time at home, because his mom is always making him do school work.

Another set of parents believe that their son can do no wrong. This is the boy who throws rocks at recess, food in the cafeteria, other students across the hall (I've seen him do this), won't do his work, and the list goes on and on. At conf. in the fall, they said that the reason he wouldn't do his work was because he is allergic to apples. Excuse me? I still don't understand that one. Maybe I had an apple pin on or something, I don't know.

Congrats to those that have already weighed in and had a loss or maintained. For those that went up a little, get 'em next week. I'm not expecting a loss this week. It was my team teacher's b-day yesterday, and I was rather piggish.

Old 02-22-2001, 10:17 PM   #21  

Hi all.

Well I went last night to Week 2, and I lost 3 pounds. I am excited about this start.

This gives me the motivation to keep going.

I hope everyone has a great day. I've got a free morning so I'm taking advantage and getting busy.

Tracy
Old 02-23-2001, 01:24 AM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Tracy, congratulations on losing 3 pts. You are so motivated. Keep it up!
I will post your loss on the "weigh-in thread." You might come over there and look at what's going on.

Tina
Closed Thread