Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lightbulb January 1 Challenge: New Year New Body

As we all Know our gorgeous Belle is marrying her very lucky fiancee in 15 days
Which means we need a new challenge
I'm calling it the New Year New Body Challenge.
I'm thinking we need 3-fold goals
1 exercise
2 food/points
3 a personal goal which could be anything you want but something you want to work towards.

Weight Goal is a personal decision whether you want one or you don't its all good

I have to figure out some of my goals before I post them.
But whenever you're ready Jump in
Old 09-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #2  
Running Babe

1. Join the next running room session which is to train for a 10K and keep up with my running no matter how hectic it gets.

2. Experiment between core and flex and switch between the two when appropriate.

3. Not go nuts on any holiday. Treats are allowed, binge days/weeks/months are not. Don't beat myself up over "indiscretions".

4. Stop making excuses for my lack of weight training.

5. Work on one mini-goal a week (adding water, exercise, doing core properly, getting in all my milk).

In the end? I would love to finish off at 150 (heck even below that), but that's more of a wish, we shall see. It looks like the end of the challenge will be the date of teh 10K I was planning to do so it seems perfect! I am about 4lbs off from my BBC challenge, I might be able to make that, but I shall not stress if I don't. I am still 10lbs down from the beginning of the challenge!!!

Yah!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-16-2004, 04:22 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

YAY!
Ok
My fitness/exercise goal
1. 3 days of cardio and 3 days of toning per week (I have to remind myself this is Kierietime!)
Food
2 Sticking with flex and maybe tossing some ediets in therer for flavor but staying within my 24 points and DRINKING WATER
3. Planning out my meals before I go to the grocery store making smart choices so I rarely have to do a fast food run ( or have dh do one) for lunch
4. Ali I'm stealing your holiday goal I'm not going to pig out at T-day or Xmas its not worth it to be "free" if it means being fat. and according to my quote dammit I'm in charge of my mouth not my mother or his.
Goals
5. Find alternate ways to deal with stress and anxiety ( doc told me some scary stuff about paxil. . .no more help from drugs I don't have a chem imbalance)
6. come back to my short story thats been shoved aside
7 reward myself for the small goals with nonfood things

Finally I do have a weight goal in mind
174 its a major # for me b/c its where I was 10 years ago and I want that number more than anything.
I'm revved up to do this! I'm making my health fitness stuff my me time!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Pulling up the Challenge!!
Lets kick some arse
Old 10-12-2004, 11:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

okay.. I am worried about jinxing myself too.. I always set out to do something.. and then quit because I get overwhelmed with how much weight I have to lose. But there is no harm in trying.. right? But here I go!

1. Stay on WW, plan for some "splurges". If I don't.. I might end up quitting.

2. Exercise? Uhm, I am going to try and walk up my hill 1-2 times a week. I am currently walking down it 4-5 times a week..

3. Drink more WATER!

And I'm hoping to get down by 20 pounds total... from 264 down to 244 (dunno how accurate my scale is though, I have 2 scales, one says higher number... so I'm using that one right now). Of course I'd rather just be down to 163 (my ultimate goal), but thats shooting a little high for these few months.

Lets have a weekly check in! Say, Friday's.. see how we are all coming along

-Aimee
Old 10-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Aimee: my scale at home is higher than WWs... Weird eh!

Anyhoo, I am back on flex though I mainly eat core foods....

What I have to work on?

Getting more home cooked meals, whether it's me or my boyfriend who cooks them... We're going to restaurants too often it seems.

Weight training...

Drink more water

staying balanced, I have a busy busy busy schedule.

Aimee: Great Idea, I'll check in On Fridays!!!

Any other takers for the challenge? It is for approximately 10.5 weeks and just requires us to make careful and loving choices... We have halloween happening soon so that should be a bit of a challenge coming up.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-18-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  
slow but steady

Ok, I will get in on this.

1. Walk 3 times a week and swim 1-2 times a week.

2. Choose good snacks... stay away from breads at snack time.

3. This one is going to be hard.. When my dh is away at night stop going to the kitchen to eat!! I seem to binge when he is gone at night...
Old 10-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Dee: I struggle with eating when I am alone too.. It's a tough one, currently out of me and my BF I am the ultra busy one, so I am hardly ever home. I say, maybe if you're alone, do fun stuff.. call a friend, ask a friend for coffee, make a warm cup of tea, have a nice relaxing bath listening to Tori amos, paint your nails, rent a movie, read a book, scrap booking, knitting, crosstitching, take a walk, head to bookstore, do a crossword, sleep.

I stay away from breads for snacks too and it has helped me out a lot. I just ate an apple. I had grapes for my morning snack.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Bringing up, I'll post later
Old 11-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm going to WI when I hit my moms house tonight. . .It will probably help me survive whatever fatiness is at dinner and also help me revise my goals.
While part of me wants to say no sugar no this no that. . .sure that would help me take off the 20 i want to lose but would it change my eating habits? no
Heres a thought
Why don't we log our food/exercise? I know we have done it before But it works!
bbiab
Old 11-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Wow - did I never post on this?

Here are my goals:

1. Start doing the weight training program my PT set out for me!
2. Earn 2-4 AP per day (cardio mainly - walking, gym, hiking, skiing, etc)
3. Food Journal honestly
4. Goal Weight Loss for January 1, 2005: 14 lbs down**

**this is an avg of 1.8/week. When I was losing steadily this is the average (ie: sometimes down 4, up 2, etc). I think with diligence and increased weight training, I can achieve this!

57 Days to the New Year!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #12  
Running Babe

I am going to focus on eating well this week with a treat meal on Friday night. Wednesday could be a problem since I am at a concert, but maybe I'll have a protien shake before my run and skip food at the concert or just split a popcorn or something with my man.

Friday I'll eat well during the day nd have a sensible treat meal. I think I should have a chocolate break this week. I have been fairly strong around it until yesterday when I had like 3 or so bars worth of mini-chochies.

My goal for New Years? Just to be below my WW goal, it should be within reach... Just gotta stayed focus. I have been slipping lateley and am aware of where my short falls are.... I guess that's one thing, we can't be perfect all the time, but we can tweak and progress.

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread