Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #16  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good mornin' everyone:

ZoeGirl - Yes, I've recovered, lol, and not in a hurry to do it again. Although, these are the grandkids we'll be living right next door too Hope everything's alright with you and the medication helps. I've been taking zantac lately, seem to have heartburn a lot. Maybe once I'm totally on track again that and the bloated feeling will go bye-bye. By the way, did you hear from your dad and sister? Are they okay?

Es, amiga - Are Darth Vader and the Points Police Lady the same person? Is David back from his trip, did he win tons of money? Are you doing the Core plan too?

Is everyone doing the Core Plan - I still haven't checked it out but I have one question - Can you just eat as much as you want of the foods on this Core plan list???? and just not have sweets? What is the basis of the plan? I don't get it!

Terri - You always to so well, it's true what Es says, you have great willpower. With me, when the motivation is there its like so easy but once it goes...........well, we all know how that goes. You really inspire all of us though

Hey Jen - how are you? How's the job, I was gonna say "new" job, but guess its not so new anymore. How are the boys? Back to school yet? Is Matthew in school yet? I can't remember how old he is - 4 or 5?

Linda - How are you girl? We miss you. Hope you are doing well and can come back soon.

Janie - How was Ellen's campout with school? Were you the one who asked me about the SI Ferry? I forgot you lived in NY once.......oh yeah, you are a huge yankee fan right? I will be trying different ways to get to work. I'll take the express bus into Manhattan and then take a train 2 stops to my job in Brooklyn and I'll also try the ferry, since I think that will be a nice ride in the spring and summer, probably not so much in the winter though.

Hey Ruthie - How's school? And how is Dillon and the other cuties? When is your daughter due?

Sandy, how is Greg doing? Is he working or back in school? Did he enjoy his trip to Europe?

Hi Lana - you must have your hands full with 2 boys. How old are they again?
Sorry, senior moment

Hope I didn't forget anyone - gotta watch those senior moments! Have a great day guys. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #17  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Talking

Woo Hoo It's Thursday. My weekend starts as soon as I walk out the door.

Dianne, Darth Vader is the office manager that I had problems with sometime back. She's OK now but she walks around just like Darth Vader. So, I gave her that name. Points Police is a little troll that thinks she's bad. She's just a pain in my a**.

I'm at work so I'll post from home. DV is still out sick but I have alot of work to finish in 2 hours. I work 8 - 4.

Hugs,
Es
Old 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I thought I'd start the Core Plan this week, but need to organize a meal plan and do some grocery shopping. So my first Core week will begin on Sunday, first day after weigh-in. I'm looking forward to not counting points.

Dianne,
my job is great, thanks. I'll be having my 6 month review at the end of this month already; then I'll be off probation! whoo eee From what I've seen and heard, it's virtually impossible/unheard of to be fired from these village/municipal jobs. (not that I have to worry about that) As long as I can get 10 years out of them, I'll be fine. That means a second pension for me
Brandon will be 9 on the 25th of this month; just began 3rd grade. Matthew is 4, not in school yet. It worries me a bit that Jess doesn't have him in preschool either, as he could benefit from the social skills he'd acquire there. But I know after having had Brandon in day care, then preschool,with her working full time and missing out on raising him, she wants Matt by her side. We all know how quickly they grow up.

Zoe,
Joe has suffered from "stomach problems" since forever. He had a endoscopy done 2 years ago, and was prescribed Prevacid for the condition of his esaphogus (sp?). The Dr. said Prevacid was invented specifically for his condition. It's brought Joe a world of relief, after 30 years of no other Rx doing the trick.
Thank goodness your Dr. suspects it will do the trick for you, rather than it be diagnosed as a heart condition. I hope it works for you.

Es,
Enjoy your weekend. I'm thinking how I said when I return to work I'd NEVER work full time again, and here I am...doing just that. It's only a 35 hour work week, but it's still 5 days. But somehow it doesn't seem worth it to work part time and miss out on the wonderful benefits I get. I'm taking two vacation days in October, and can't wait for that 4 day weekend!

Terri,
Your will power is remarkable. I'm very proud of the progress you've made. Thanks for the hints about Core. I really cannot wait to start it!

HI to all especially Linda, hope you're better and stronger every day!

~Jen

Old 09-09-2004, 09:29 PM   #19  

Hi everyone,
Boy am I glad the weekend is almost here. It sure didn't seem like a short work week!

Es-How is your stomach feeling? My husband had yhat scope done last year. He said the prep was way worse than the actual test! He takes a pill everyday and says it does help. It is hard being so far away from family-all mine live in Indiana!

Dianne-My boys are teenagers. Dan is 16(17 oct6) and Mick(short for Michael) is 13 (14 dec 18.) It is a little easier now than Dan is driving,but I had a hard time letting go. I still worry about him,but he is a good kid and always lets me know where he is at.

So far I am still on the flex plan. It does get to be a pain to count points,but will see how it goes.

Best go for now. All of you have a great Friday!

Lana
Old 09-10-2004, 07:53 AM   #20  
NeverGiveUp

Wink

TGIF

How are my girls doing today

Lana, Zoe is the one that's having stomach problems. It could get confusing trying to keep track of everybody.I have no problems with teenagers. It's the little guys that drive me nuts but they are cute. My brother has twin boys & they love when I visit cause it gives them a chance to TELL ME EVERYTHING they've done since the last time they saw me

Jen, I can't start Core till Monday. I'm going food shopping either tomorrow or Sunday. If I like it I'm going to alternate like Terri. I've been at my job 16 yrs. with no pension but the fringe benefits are excellent. I love my job & what I do. The fact that I work 4 days helps me unwind from a busy week.

Amiga, when you did WW at work did you like it? I emailed WW & they still haven't gotten back to me. That was days ago. I got some info from the boards & they said we have to prepay 10 weeks & that we need 15 people. Does that sound right?

Zoe, what did the doctor say? My son had that problem 2 years ago & the dr. prescribed Previcid. It worked wonders for him. He stopped taking it cause it went away.

I'm going to have lunch with David today. Just the 2 of us.(love it) Then, he's going to the Bronx to pick up his girlfriend. He has lots to tell me about his trip.

Well ladies, it's a beautiful day here today. I'm going to enjoy it. I'll be back this evening.

God bless

Es

Last edited by Rios426; 09-10-2004 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:40 AM   #21  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good morning.....woo hoo, FRIDAY!!! Hope y'all are happy and headed for a wonderful weekend. I know I am really looking forward to it. I just LOVE my weekends.

Thank you all for your concern and asking me about the outcome of the doctor. Well, he prescribed Prevacid and today is day 3 that I'm going to take it. Being in the healthcare/pharmacy business, I looked the drug up on my cdrug (tells all about the drug, what it's used for, side effects, etc, etc. Of course it says that it's used to treat things that sound painful and I have no pain. I am going on the assumtion that the good ole doc thinks this is just the START of something more painful. At any rate, it is a time released med so it will start working after taking it for a little. He seems to think that I should be completely ok by early next week. I feel somewhat better already. I guess I'm just relieved that it's nothing too serious. I mean, all that you read today about women and heart attacks....no pain, just an indigestion feeling......can't be too careful, right? I told the doctor that I figure I'm being paranoid since I'll be leaviing the forties in another year. Wow, I'll be a "Fit 50" in May.....boo hoo......

Es ~ Hope David gives you bunches of great talk about his trip. Hey, I thought Darth Vader and the Point lady were one and the same....poor baby, you have TWO to contend with. I feel for you because I have a few of them myself.

Lana ~ I'm on day #4 today doing the CORE plan.....it's not as hard as it seemed when I first thought about it. I just try to keep my 35 extra points for the weekend.

Jen ~ I believe you that the prep is far worse than the proceedure. I had a colonoscopy about 2-3 yrs ago because colon cancer runs in my family. The day before was by far the worse part.

Dianne ~ yes, thank you, I'm ok. Feeling much better but not 100%. Had another personal training session on Wed. and told her to take it easy on my since I've been sick. I just wanted to be sure my heart was ok...hahaha. Anyway, now my legs are aching since she concentrated on those....can't win.

hi to everyone else....sorry that I missed a few. Gotta run. Talk to you's guys later.

Me <><
Old 09-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #22  

Hi all,
A quick update since I'm at work. My parents are fine but their house did suffer some damage. My MIL who lives further south (Coconut Creek) said there was only tree damage in her area. Glad to hear that everyone elses family is alright. Now they have to deal with Ivan

Zoe,
Hope your tummy is feeling better. Thank GOd it was not something more serious!

Es,
I don't really know how much weight I lost on our challenge since my scale was so messed up. I do know I lost some though 'cause clothes are not as tight...I am guessing 4 or 5 lbs. I am definitely in for the Halloween challenge. I will probably stay on the FLEX plan cause it is easier when cooking for a family.

Ruth,
I know it was a while ago, but yes I am only taking the one class. The Lab is supposed to pay for it, but I haven't taken care of all the paperwork for that yet.

Dianne,
SOunds like you had quite an exciting weekend with the boys. I hope that you won't have too much of that when you live next door.

GOt to get back to work.

Hi to Sandy, Jen, Terri, Linda & Lana... (Hope I didn't forget anyone)

HUgs,
JanieD
Old 09-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #23  

Thanks Diane,
Everyone that is trying the CORE PLAN. Remember to eat until SATISFIED.
A lot of people are eating as much as they want while not listening to their bodies. It is very easy to overeat. I love the fact I don't have to measure but I still eat like 1 serving cause I am not satisfied with my ability to tell when I am satisfied. It isn't the same as being full. I can only do it if I do it every other week. I like the TURN AROUND program. Good luck. On the Weight Watchers site there is a list for every food group by brand names so it is easy to buy the right foods. I bought FF cheese cause you have to count 2% which I love. I also count my light margarine cause I don't like FF margarine which is a CORE food.
I love going to a Steak place on the CORE. A lean cut of steak is CORE and a baked potato. It was weird saying I had 5 points (ingredients on my salad that weren't CORE) after eating all of what I ate. FLEX is still my favorite but CORE has moved up on my good list.

Zoe,
I am glad it wasn't your heart. I have had the same worries because I heard about different symptoms too. We think way to much. I am glad you went to get checked out.

Es,
That is great that you said "I messed up and now I will get back on." Those are words said by people who have succeeded. Keep up the attitude.
Hope your lunch was fun. That is so cool That Davis still loves to be with mom. I think all my kids will be the same way. The boys (13 & 11) love for me to hold them and they love to TALK. I love that. Britts is still like a little girl and I love that too.

Lana,
I am glad you got to spend time with your parents. That is special.

Ruth,
I hope Dylan is doing better. Keep us posted.

Janie,
I am so glad that your parents are ok. I hope Ivan goes away.
That is great that your clothes are looser. Great tell sign. The scale is definitely the only measure of success.

Jen,
The boys are growing so fast. WOW!!!!! I can understand Jess not wanting him to be away from her but I also know how you feel. I'll bet he will be ok. He will adjust once he goes to kindergaten. They say that the non pre-school kids catch up socially with the pre-school kids by Christmas. Brittany didn't go to Pre-school but the boys did because I worked at the pre-school.

Tomorrow, I am back on FLEX for a week. I enjoyed my CORE week. I am not sure if I am going to weigh in tomorrow. I will weigh here. As of this morning I lost 2. We will see.

I hope everyone does well. I hope and pray IVAN dies down.

Terri
Old 09-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #24  
NeverGiveUp

Angry

I was loving this morning. It was nice & sunny, I was going to lunch with my boy. I had money on my table to deposit in the bank. The window was open & and there was a nice breeze. Unfortunately, it blew the money on the floor. Sammy was too quiet. I called him but he didn't come. I FOUND HIM EATING THE LAST OF A $50 BILL & ATE 1/2 of $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put a damper on my day. I sat down for awhile to get my head together cause I didn't want to ruin my day with David. I'm not as upset as I was this morning. All in all we had a nice lunch together.

I yelled at him but he looked at me with those big sad eyes. He thought he was chewing paper. {{{{errrrrrrrrrrr}}}}} PUPPIES!!!!!

Have a nice evening buddies

Love,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 09-10-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #25  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Wow, Es, Sammy has expensive taste!!!!
At least it wasn't something bad/poisonous, right?
luv,
~Jen
Old 09-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #26  

Hello everyone,

Es-Thanks for setting me straight. It is confusing keeping all you wonderful gals straight in my head!! Sorry for starting those rumors you were having stomach problems. Twins definately would be a handful,but cute. My husband's brother and wife are having their 4th child. It wasn't his idea. I've never had a puppy chew money,but they will chew anything they can get in their mouth! I am still doing the flex plan. Went to ww this am--lost 2.2 with a total of 6.4!! That's a good idea to save the flex points for the weekend. They have come in handy for special events recently for me.

Zoe-Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes I feel like it's **** getting old. I feel like I am falling apart!

Terri-That's why I am staying on the flex plan. I can eat sometimes and not even be hungry. It is a nice change for some people. Like Janie said the flex plan seems easier cooking for a family.

Today has been beautiful here. I am trying to think of something to fix for supper. Not sure who will be home anyway.

Will talk to all of you soon. Bye everyone!

Lana
Old 09-11-2004, 06:26 PM   #27  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

We just got back from the movies. We saw Cellular. It was very good!

Jen, the bank helped me out. I taped as much as I could & luckily the bills still had the serial numbers. They said the bills were in really bad shape. Wheww talk about stressed out. A woman at the bank said she would have shot her dog. I told her, he's a puppy & he's my baby. She looked at me like I was nuts.

Lana, congrats on your loss Flex is the best. My sis-in-law is 40 with 6 kids. When I visit them I make sure I have Tylenol in my pocketbook. Sammy never chews clothes or shoes but loves paper. He's a brat but he's very cute.

Hi Dianne, Terri, Zoe, Ruth, Janie & Linda.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Es
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
2 pounds! great job The hunger gauge, or eating until satisfied, could be a problem, I understand. After all, I didn't get here by undereating!

Lana,
2.2 !!Good loss! You are doing very well, keep it up!

I never even got near the grocery store this weekend, so I'll do the "old" plan and simply count points until I can shop properly for the CORE plan.

HI to all. Have a good Monday,
~Jen
Old 09-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #29  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good mornin' my buds:

Es - Sammy sure does have expensive tastes - I've heard of money to burn, but money to eat? Thank God you were able to tape most of it back and the bank was helpful. Glad you had a nice lunch with David too.

Terri: Congrats on you 2 lb. loss Great job. You seem to be handling the CORE plan well. I still haven't looked at it. Since I'm once again starting fresh, I thought it would be best to get back on track with flexpoints before starting anything brand new.

Lana - Congrats to you on your 2.2 lb. loss You're doing really well.

Jen - Its hard to believe you're back at work 6 mos. already - wow - I'm sure you'll pass probation with flying colors. Its funny, I'm here 18 years, but if I decide to switch to another department in the university, I have to go on probation, just like a new employee

Well, we had a beautiful weekend. Willie and I were finally able to see Cristian, that's the grandson who has a really crazy mother, who has been withholding the child from the entire family, including his dad for so long. She was finally told by the judge last week that if she didn't bring him to Willie, jr. this past saturday, she would be in contempt of court, arrested and custody would be given to willie. She is so evil - she's worse than Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. But I guess she finally took the judge's warning to heart and she did bring him and we were all able to see him (after 2 1/2 years). However, we all know this is not the end of the story, she has done so many terrible things to the family in the past, and she is bent on revenge. She is an obsessive woman, who kept willie (jr) from seeing his own mother and father and the rest of us for 2 1/2 years; she has made many harrassing phone calls, she sent someone to slash our tires in the middle of the night. Really scary things. So, we are all watching our backs. But it was so great to see him. He is 4 years old and the last time we saw him, he was 1 1/2.

Well, I have to get back to work - ZoeGirl, Linda (hope you're okay), Janie, Sandy, and Ruthie.

Talk to you's later.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 09-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #30  

Dianne,
She sounds like a class A Bit##. Scary stuff. I am so glad you got to see Christian. How was he seeing all of you? It is hard to tell what she told him.

Es,
AWWW! Poor Sammy. He didn't know. I'll bet the teller is friends with the points police. I am glad it worked out. Lesson learned huh? I was always afraid Tanner would do that. Hope your lunch went well. That Cellular did look good. I might go see that.

Lana,
CONGRATS to you. Great loss.

Brandon has Strep and he is home. He hates that I e-mailed his teachers. Now he has classwork and homework. Not much though.
TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread