View Poll Results: How long can you run (jog) for?
About 30 seconds, long enough to catch a bus/train 5 20.00%
A couple of minutes (on a good day) 6 24.00%
Five to ten minutes 5 20.00%
Ten to twenty minutes 2 8.00%
Twenty to thirty minutes 1 4.00%
More than half an hour 4 16.00%
Why run when you can walk? 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 05:20 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

And it's back to work for Kirsty. Booh. How come 4-day weekends go by even quicker than normal ones?!
I've quickly scanned the posts, and well done on the losses! I had a rather piggy weekend (but there is something nice about eating chocolate in bed with BF!). ah well. back to being good this week.
oh, and i saw bridget jones last night. excellent film. lolly, my blokey really enjoyed it so i'm sure yours will too. it really annoyed me that she said her weight american style rather than in british stones. talk about pandering to the US market...but it was still well worth seeing! there was one other change that confused me. why did they change the name of mark darcy's mum from elaine to geraldine? she was called elaine in the book wasn't she?
and can anyone explain why at 136 pounds (or whatever it was) she is fat?
is she only 4 foot tall? i must admit she did look a bit chunky at times, but only in her face. i think she probably has one of those lollipop heads where the body is pretty slim but they look fat cos they have a chubby face.
hokey, i should probably do some work now i'm here. chat with you all later,
love kirsty
Old 04-17-2001, 05:49 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

ps lolly - is your blokey there now!?
Old 04-17-2001, 06:54 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Default boys on my left side, boys on my right side, boys in the middle and you're not here

Morning All,

Eek, my easter didn't go too well, 36 points! Oh well I am sure I was far far worse in other years. Once I get a taste for chocolate though it's bad, it is a trigger food for me, maybe I am not really ready to handle it yet.

I am so jealous that so many of you have sisters. I have always been the only girl in my family and I have 3 brothers (who I love dearly and all and they're extremely protective of me, I also have a ton of male friends).

Lola: I go to Meetings in Pointe-Claire, there's only 1 meeting in Sherbrooke and it is completely in French I think and on a bad night for me.

Kirsty: I hear that Renee Z. kept complaining how fat she'd gotten for the role, she looked fine. I am slowly realizing I am a lollypop, a big head and a small body (though I am not skinny, just thin <I'm a british size 10-12, US 6-8>, but my shoulders are wider than my hips and I am not that curvy).

Take Care Y'All, I won't be around a ton for the next month and a half unfortunately, but I'll at least try to lurk a bit!

Ali
Old 04-17-2001, 07:05 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Default Running

One thing I am proud of is how long I can run for, I don't go particularly fast but I can maintain my run for more than 45 minutes!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 04-17-2001, 08:23 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone Well I've been lurking for awhile...haven't gotten around to posting. Sounds like everyone did fairly well for a holiday tho! I didn't really have any big holiday dinner so I did fine.

Kirsty...I'm going to have to go see BJ since I've heard so much about it LOL. I never read the books tho... I've seen the previews for it and Rene Z. does not look heavy at all to me LOL.

Ali...Wow 45 minutes...I wish I could run that long! I never had the stamina to run more than a few minutes. I should work on that!

I'm off to class in a few minutes. It was so hard to get up lol...I would skip it since it's just a lecture class but he's giving out our takehome midterms today so I guess I really do need to go LOL. Anyways...I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-17-2001, 10:08 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Back from Easter Vacation

Well, I am back from visiting my parents for Easter. Had a great time, ut ate WAY TOO MUCH. Oh well, back at it today. Brenda, I think it was you that said you were fasting for a few days. Well, I feel like I need to fast for like a week.

Oh, I saw BJ on Sunday. I thought it was very funny and I really liked it a lot. That said, I was sad about how much they changed/cut out from the book. Kirsty, in the book version in the us they post her weight in pound. I think it is because most people in the US would have little to no idea what a stone is. We NEVER use that here and I really had not heard about that unit of measurement until recently. Don't I feel dumb now. Anyway, they made her weight 10# higher than in the book (when they showed her weight). And I think she looked good for the most part. I think her face lookes round even when she is very thin. They also changed her mom's story a lot. Oh well, it is still really good!

Well, I need to get back to work. Welcome to Amy! Glad you are hear.

I will get back later to talk with you all.

Trish
Old 04-17-2001, 10:12 AM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I can't run

infact I can barely walk. As you know I have arthritis and right now it is flaring BIG time. I am totally off my feet, and have brought someone in to help with the baby I am hoping hoping that the swelling and pain goes away./ Not that I will ever be able to walk very well....but that constant pain sucks. So, I didn't vote today.

I have done really well on staying ON program lately. Even on the weekend I didn't do too bad.

I weigh in tomorrow so of course today is a LOW point day. I have only 6 more pounds to go until I enter into the 100's again YAY! and of course with that I will also enter into a lower point brackey

I hope all of you have a great day, I will check in now and then during the day.

(hugs)

angie
Old 04-17-2001, 10:17 AM   #8  
CM
Chick

I've been busy for a few days, what with all the family here so I haven't read, posted, nada.

I have blown this entire week. I wrote down everything anyway and am so many points in the hole I could not eat a thing til WI and still be over for the week. But i have realized something I don't want to eat that way anymore I have been so sick from all the fat and grease I feel horrible! So maybe something good came out of this after all but I feel awful because I have not gained on WW once this time.

I hope everyone had a great easter, I did with the exception of the food and small fight with bf. I wish my cousins lived nearer, they are all so fun.

Well congrats to all the losers.

PS my sister saw BJ diary and loved it! I don't know when I'll get to. I don't think bf will go.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:23 AM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Back to work...

Well, I am back from Mississippi. I'm sorry if I didn't check in while I was away.

So - I was home for five days... but I only stayed within my points range for two of them. I had 3 days where I was over.. about 8 points over each of those days. But to be honest.... it's better than I would have ever done before, so I'm not too bummed.

Also, there was no WW at work yesterday - yesterday was a state holiday here in MA... so I have a week to really do some damage control. I plan on eating my min all week.

I'm under the weather - got strep (sp?) throat from my little sister while I was home - see ALI - they're nothing but trouble ... so I'm not sure when I'll feel up to going to the gym. Hopefully soon.

Kirsty - I bought the Bridget Jone's diary to read on the plane and I finished it last night. I was a bit disappointed. I too was a bit surprised that 130 pounds meant she was fat. Don't we all wish we were 130?

Ali - Like I said... all sisters do is give each other strep throat Just kidding. I'm just bitter.

Lisa
Old 04-17-2001, 10:29 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Tuesday like a Monday

I'm here, really busy, stayed OP and excercised. I even banked 7 points what with earning and staying at my low end!! I need it for the retreat I'm going on this weekend.

I'll be back around later
Have a great day!!
Old 04-17-2001, 11:11 AM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default lisa

I don't think in the book she is suposed to be fat, I think she just thinks she is fta and does not realize that she is at a healthy weight. LIke when she gets down to 119 and thinks she is just getting to a good weight, then every one tells her she lookes tired and is she sick? then Tom said she looked better at her old weight. anyway, just my take on it. I felt that Bridget (in the book) had been sucked into the meida hype of what is concedered thin by Hollywood standards in the actuality, she was thin all along.

Hello to everyone else. I really ment to just lurk this time around and post at lunch but it seemed like fun book discussion time.

Ok, see you all this afternoon.

Trish
Old 04-17-2001, 11:15 AM   #12  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default 2 and a half hours to go!!!

Hello everyone, I am EXCITEDEXCITEDEXCITED because in 2 and a half hours blokey's plane is landing at Madrid airport. YIPPEE!!! It has been 5 weeks and 1 day and I can't WAIT to see him. I am here at the internet café now because I was in my apartment and I just couldn't settle down, I was pacing around and kept going in the bathroom and fiddling by the mirror, which is a Bad Thing. This morning I went shopping and got a bottle of wine (white Rioja, Blokey's fave), diet coke (his tipple of choice) and lots of fruit (he must be made to eat it ... though given the choice he would have peanuts and tortilla chips ). So, all is prepared. Deep breath ... YIPPEE!!! Oh, and I got an e-mail from the job I applied for, just thanking me for my application, but SCARY now I know they have it. And they spelled my name wrong, which really annoys me. But still ...

Sounds like we are all pretty glad Easter is over. I don't do Easter at all - not Christian, not Pagan - though if I'd been home my whole family were getting together (including all my millions of cousins from the 4 corners of the globe) which would have been cool. I always miss family occasions, it's a running joke - they all keep asking me if I'm sure I'm going to be in the country for my wedding next year! For those who overdid it this weekend, well, it's over now. Take the first WI as penance (!) and concentrate on how OP you're going to be this week ... the future counts so much more than the past.

Aimee, welcome, I don't think we've met. You're a friend of Lori's, right? You'll love it here!

Everyone else, hugs, and if I don't check in for a few days you all know why!

love
Lolly
xxx

ps: I put more than 30mins on the poll because I can keep going forever now (at least it feels that way!). Watched the Boston Marathon on tv and got inspired ... though I don't think I would ever run 26 miles ... but then again, I never thought I would run 2, so ...
Old 04-17-2001, 11:16 AM   #13  
Running Babe

Lisa: I'm sorry you are sick I hope you feel better soon.

Casey: I had a four month binge last year and I got sooo fed up with it (excuse the pun) that's when I walked into WW. I didn't like the feeling of feeling bloated and gross all the time. I was so scared that I was slipping into terrible ole habits this weekend, but I have moved on. I am hoping just to maintain for WI.

Shalyne: I had to build up to running so much, it took a while.

Trish: I also ate way too much, but oh well it was yummy.

Stacey: enjoy the retreat this weekend! It's always good to renew one's spirituality (I don't particularly ascribe to any faith though I do consider myself spiritual). I actually went to Church on Sunday, all these people were shocked to see me who had known me since I was a child (I have been overweight most of my life). People who didn't know me were shocked that I was my mother's daughter, we look NOTHING alike, but beforehand when we met people we had both been overweight so I guess they used that as the "resemblance". My mom is now only 55lbs away from her goal, I am so proud of her, yet she always puts down her accomplishment and raises mine. My mother has lost over 80lbs since last April, she's doing so well.

Have A Good Day!

Ali
Old 04-17-2001, 11:33 AM   #14  
Shopper Extraordinaire

O.k. Girls I too saw BJ. I thought that is what great. I laughed a lot and that was refreshing. I thought they went a bit far with the fight scene. At first it was quite hysterical and the part in the restaurant where they stop and sing Happy B-day but the whole breaking through the glass part was a bit far fetched. Did anyone else feel that way?!? REgardless it was a great movie.
Kirsty-I didn't notice the name change thing with Darcy's mother but that is a weird change I mean what is the purpose behind that I wonder?

Anyways,Yesterday I continued the Easter holiday with bad eating but not irreparably. I walked for an hour 3 and a 1/2 miles last night. It was so nice and peaceful. I just got the Sweet November soundtrack and walked to that. It is not upbeat but it made my walk quite peaceful and it is a great CD. I reccommend it highly. I have never seen the movie though.

Ali-YOu mentioned that choc. is a trigger for you and that you weren't quite ready for it. Did you not eat it for a while or what? Just curious b/c I totally struggle with chocolate too. I did find however a really nice alternative to candy bars and other chocolates. They are Chocolate Peanut butter popcorn cakes by Orville Redenbacker. OH they are delicious and 6 small ones are 1 pt. They reall curb my craving but they didn't work this weekend. I ate a ton of choc.

Angie-sorry about the pain you are in I am excited that you are almost in the 100's good for you. I am wishing you the best of luck in getting there!!!

Lisa-Feel better soon!

Lolly-Yeah!! Boyfriend is coming. I am excited for you. have a great time!

Stacey- Great job yesterday with banking. I really need to bank!

Oh on the running thing! Sorry but I hate it. I have tried and I can't get into it. It is not htat I get out of breath I just hate it Don't worry though I do the elliptical trainer 40min. 2x/wk and aerobics 3X/wk so I get my cardio in Kudos to all of you who can run your butts off. I am just not one of those people.

Have wonderful days my dears and I will check in soon!
Becky
Old 04-17-2001, 11:37 AM   #15  
Scotland's finest export

trish - i agree with your take on bridget's weight. she was at the right weight already but thought she should lose weight and when she did she realised she'd been ok all along. it shows how neurotic she is cos she's worrying over nothing. so, basically, she didn't need to be "overweight" in the movie.
lolly - have fun!

Last edited by Kirsty; 04-17-2001 at 11:43 AM.
Closed Thread