Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 09:31 PM   #1  

Hi all!
The other Fab. 40's went to the 2nd page.
Welcome Kelly,
I think you will like this program. I have a daughter almost 15. I also have 2 boys that are younger. I just turned 42 and have been with my hubby
for 24 yrs. but married 18. Tomorrow is the 24th anniv. of our first date.

We are here if you need us and I know we will learn a few things from you. Good luck and I can't wait to hear about your first loss.

Jen,
I knew it would be Nick. I think they went back to their original tribes again. I say Get Over it. You are Beermonday (however you spell it).
I want Roger, Elisabeth, Tina, Keith, Colby and Amber in that order to win the $1,000,000. I was glad Nick left. Jerri looked all smug.

Hi everybody.
Enjoy your Friday.
Terri
Old 04-05-2001, 09:47 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default TGIF tomorrow!!

Hi Y'all ~ another Thursday night and tomorrow is FRIDAY! I sure need the weekend ~ what a stressful few days I've had. The weekend is going to be very, very needed.

Joyce ~ The only threads I post now (and prior to me being MIA for 6 months) is Christian Encouragers, 40's and the Thin Group. Maybe I just "thought" I knew you. My brain is mush lately and I get confused easily. As for the treadmill, I have one made by Weslo and I've had it for some time.....I only just brought it out of the garage and cleaned it up to use.

Essie ~ slow down girl ~ you'll wear yourself out.

Kelly ~ welcome!!! Glad you found us.

Hi Myra, Jen, Dianne, Terri ~ hope y'all are having a great night. Talk to you's later.

Patti ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 04-05-2001, 11:07 PM   #3  

Welcome Kelly -- wholly molely - we are just blooming here! 3 newbies in 2 weeks. This is great. Now just have to try to remember all the names, LOL. The more the merrier, right ladies. Kelly this is a great group here and I'm sure we'll help each other. Congrats on joining ww -- good program.

Eveyone else (I'm not saying all these names, its too late in the night and my mind is not working properly, LOL)
have a great friday.

Dianne
Old 04-06-2001, 12:03 AM   #4  

You are right Dianne. This group is getting big.

Anita,
I was lurking in the general section and I saw that you eat a BakersBreakfast cookie every day. So do my husband and I. I like the old ones better but these are pretty good. I love to take them to movies and are great on the run. They keep me from getting hungry for up to 4 or 5 hrs. I just ordered the Pirate Booties snacks. Have you ever had those. Everyone raves about them. Rosie mentions them on her show.

Have a great Friday everyone.
Terri
Old 04-06-2001, 07:22 AM   #5  

Hi Everybody

Welcome Kelly. We are a fun group. I'm sure you'll like us

Patti, TGIF!!! Is it stress on the job? I can relate. I always try & remember "Let Go, Let God". Way to go with your treadmill. I have a Pro Form that folds. That's the best investment I ever made.

Terri or Joyce, what's TOPS? I've heard of it but that's one I never tried hmmmmmmmmm.....interesting. Only kidding Where do you get Breakfast Cookies? Pirate Booties snacks I can buy at Trader Joes. I also read somewhere about Skinny Cows(?) ice cream sandwiches. I think that's what they're called. If anyone knows, where can I buy them?

Dianne, you don't have to say all our names. We know you love us Yes, I do need to slow down. Not enough hours in the day. I'm taking my 13 yr. old niece to the Beauty Salon this afternoon, to get her hair done. She's also my goddaughter so I always try & do something special with her. She's like the daughter I never had.

Anita, Kelly, Joyce, Terri, Patti, Dianne, Jen & Myra whewwwww boy, are we growing! This is so cool. Have a great day everybody.

Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 04-06-2001 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:26 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Another new smiling face! Hi Kelly , I'm glad you're here. I'm 47, from the Chicago area. Joe and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary in June; we've got a grown daughter and son, and 2 wonderful grandsons. I'm currently enjoying "retirement" after working for 24 years. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Essie, I love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I heard about them at a WW meeting; they're available at Dominick's (Safeway) in this area. I prefer the strawberry flavor, very good for 2 points each. I've heard a lot about Pirate's Booty, but quite frankly, it doesn't look very appetizing. I'm happy with pretzels or wow tostitos for snacks.

Terri, you're right, if they're one tribe now, they should let go of the old loyalties. I didn't think I'd enjoy this show after the novelty of the first one wore off!

Have a great Friday, I know some of you are really looking forward to relaxing this weekend (Zoe) I hope you get some much needed R & R !

~Jen
Old 04-06-2001, 09:33 AM   #7  

Hi Essie,
Here is where I get mine:
http://bakersbox.com/

And here is another site where you can get them:

http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/bakersbox.html

This second site takes a lot longer to get them though and you have to order a minimum of 4 doz. The first site you can order in incraments of 1/2 doz. but the more you order the cheaper in the long run they are. They take 2-3 weeks to get here.

There are a couple of more sites out there like
wakeupnsmellthecoffee.com but I have never tried them.
Someone else might know of more sites.

How have you been? Made a decision yet on the gym offer?

Hi Jen, Patti, Dianne, Myra, Anita, Joyce and Kelly.
Hope I didn't forget anyone.
Terri
194.6/150/135-----------I need to see it to keep me
motivated.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:41 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, you SHOULD post your stats......they're worth bragging about!

~Jen
Old 04-06-2001, 09:44 AM   #9  

Thanks Jen. When I see the numbers it boosts me.
It is all a mind game isn't it?
Have a wonderful Friday.
Hugs,
Terri
Old 04-06-2001, 10:37 AM   #10  

Happy Friday Tribe

Essie - You read about the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches here, from me, LOL. I love them and they are only 2 pts. and very filling. I get them at Waldbaums, which I'm sure you have out on the island.
Yes, essie, I love "you's" all -- but too many names, especially since Patti/Zoe counts as two people, LOL!

Well, gotta run, busy today. Tomorrow is step-daughter's baby shower (grandbaby #13's mom). And Sunday we have a college visit with Alana. We are revisiting one of her two choices. So, busy weekend ahead. Hope you all have a great one and if I can, I'll come in sometime this weekend.

Dianne
Old 04-06-2001, 12:45 PM   #11  

Default Hi Everyone

HI and thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to get to know you all. Monday will be my first whole week on ww and will be my weigh in at 12:00. Hope to see those numbers going down. I need to lose at least 30 pounds. This is as much as I have weighed my whole life. Anyway, hope everyone has a great week end!!!!
My daughter has a softball game sat morn at 8:00 Yuck no time to sleep in!!!! Ha!!!!
Talk to you next week.

Kelly
Old 04-06-2001, 09:11 PM   #12  

Hello

Jen, I tried the Pirates Booties corn chips. They were very good. I have to try those ice cream sandwiches.

Dianne, you are too funny about Patti/Zoe confusion. Have a great time at the baby shower.

Terri, thanks for the info on the cookies. I'll check it out. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems just like the other day you weighed 170! How long did it take you to reach 150? You didn't play around with the program & you kept going to meetings. This is why you're so successful. Congratulations Girlfriend

Kelly, you can do it. We're in this for the long haul. I have to lose 25. WE can do it!

Have a good night
Old 04-06-2001, 10:51 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default TGIF!!!

Hi Y'all

Whew!! I made it to Friday and now, I am going to concentrate on staying (or should I say GETTING BACK) OP. I must say that the stress this week took every bit of will power I had and I have eaten as if I were some skinny person trying to gain a few pounds. It was disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!! I have taken a challenge in another thread to be perfectly OP Saturday and I promised myself (and God) that I would. Anyone else??

Terri ~ What IS a Bakers Breakfast Cookie anyway??

Essie ~ I've had my treadmill for about 2 yrs but just now "dusted" it off. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the gym early and see if I can get into what they call a "spinning" class.....stationary bikes, loud music and heart monitors....a full 40 minute workout. Hope I can get in and if I do, hope I can keep up.

Jen ~ thanks for that little "hint" of relaxing. Ha!! I will, I will, I promise I will.

Hi Dianne, Anita, Kelly, Joyce, and Myra, whew, we sure ARE getting to be some group!!

Have a great Saturday!

Patti
209/183/148 (I think I need to see it too)
Old 04-07-2001, 12:23 AM   #14  

Essie,
It has taken me since May. I have 15 more. Wish me luck. You don't have that much to lose. You will do it.

Kelly,
Good luck to your daughter. I hate those early games.
Good luck to you on Monday. keep us posted. We get so excited over here.

Patti,
The cookies used to have 12 grams of fiber but they are down to 5 grams. They "improved" them. They are supposed to be used for a meal replacement like a breakfast bar. They curb my appetite for up to 5 hrs. they used to be 1.5-3 points with the old points (123 points) and then with winning points (capping fiber at 4) they went to 4 points but now they are 5 points because they have a new recipe. But the reason I like them (besides being tasty and filling) is they stop me from eating 10 points in 5 hours time.
They have all different flavors. I like mine 5 min. out of the freezer. I eat them on the go and if I have nowhere to go I eat one when I read the paper.
They have a picture and a list of the flavors on the sites I gave earlier.

Hi Dianne, Jen, Myra, Joyce and Anita.
Terri----- Have a great weekend.
Old 04-07-2001, 07:46 AM   #15  

Happy Saturday Buddies

Terri, Baker's Cookies must be like the Metabolife 356 cookies. They useto sell them at the mall. They were $2.00 each High fiber & very filling.

Zoe, SPINNING is supposed to be high intensity & fun. I'm dying to try it. My brother loves it. You'll burn lots of calories. Be very careful your 1st time. A lady I know had to stop because her heart was racing too fast. Let us know how it went.

Terri, about the gym - my brother had found a space in a very good neighborhood but the rent was too high & it needed alot of work. He's still looking. Pete is a little worried about me managing it cause he thinks he'll never see me. Lots to consider You have set such a good example for us. Believe it or not you are the one that has motivated me all along. It's taken me forever but I always think to myself how you were at the same weight I am now & you've reached 150. I really, really am so proud of you. 15 more to go, my fingers are crossed.

Let me go jump in the shower & get dressed. I'm having a living room set delivered in a little while. I am soooooo excited.

Be back later.
Have a great day everybody
Closed Thread