Old 02-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Gail, you're doing great. Yes, I don't want this group to go by the wayside because I am positive that we can both reach goal this year and seeing you here helps me a lot. In the meantime, we have lots of viewers and I wish a few would chime in here once in awhile. We've known so many great people over the years and I miss their input too.

Anyway, this is Turtles trying to do our best and keeping on. and : and all those :

Have fun with the social groups. I'm heading out tonight myself. Have been with this group of women for almost 20 years. Can you imagine? Still friends, still good company. I love it.

To everybody: let's all focus on eating the healthy foods in appropriate amts. and getting in our exercise. We'll all be the better for it!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/182.6/170's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good afternoon, everyone

Staying on track great this week, so hoping to be down at the scales tomorrow at my Tops meeting.
This week we are having soup tasting & everyone will bring a portion of their homemade soup for all to sample (plus the receipe)
I am making carrot ginger soup since it is low in calories (105 for 1-1/4 cups) so good for the club ladies.
I also have a another soup get together with other friends later in the month, so might make this again - will see how it goes over tomorrow.

Been having a craving for some quiche, so that is part of my weekend plan to make some with spinach & broccoli, so yummy!
I love having it onhand for week-day breakfast - so easy to take to work.

Judy - have a good weigh in this week.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #33  

S/C/G: Goal to lose 30 pounds by May

Hi Bandit and Tryharder, I'd like to join your Turtle group if I may. I am doing Weight Watchers Points Plus (I know it is the old system but don't want to change to the new one) and need a buddy group to stay encouraged and accountable. May I join with you?

I did WW years ago when I only needed to lose 10 pounds, lost it and never returned to WW meetings but kept the book and point counter and have used it off and on. Menopause, age, lack of discipline, and a back injury have caused me to gain 30 pounds over the last 10 years. I NEED to get this weight off so after a long talk with myself I decided to get "legal" with the WW plan and WORK, not dance around, this weight. I AM Fat, got to quit kidding myself.

I'm on day three. On the Points Plus plan I can have 20-27 points per day. Because of my back injury I can't do the exercise portion (extra exercise), but I do move about with shopping, housework etc. and do some stretches. So with that limitation I'm trying to keep my points at the lower end of my point scale (20-22).

I need a group where I can check in daily, record my points, be encouraged and encourage others. My current weight is 172 and my goal is to get to at least 140.

2/15 - 22 points
2/16 - 26 points
2/17 - shooting for 22 points.

Other things about me. I'm 59 (how did that happen ), married, 2 adult children, 3 grandchildren, Christian, reader, quilter, used to be active until the back injury (walked 45 minutes daily for aprox 30 years), past work as a medical receptionist and office manager, disabled now but volunteer 20 hours per week to a non-profit for Cystic Fibrosis...I work that from home so I can pace my activity, am a "cleany"...always cleaning and organizing something. I'm at peace around clean and organized. I love to laugh.....that's me in a nutshell.

Would love to get to know you gals and work together to get thinner and healthier. Need, Need, Need to glide into my summer capri's that are tight right now .

Are you able to post daily or near daily because I really need a buddy group that is actively posting?

Let me know.....now, gonna go have my breakfast....
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #34  

How did that Jenny Craig ad get on my post? I didn't put it there.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #35  

oh, I see....Jenny travels along on the last post.

Excuse me, I'm a total newby on this board so will be asking or posting dumb questions or responses until I figure it all out.

This board is massive and a little hard to navigate but I'll get there.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #36  

Bandit...You're Canadian.....yeahhhhh, I'm just across the border from you in Minnesota (USA). I love Canadian's!!!!

Sorry, just looking around and trying to figure all this information out. I just posted my weight stats and that is where I saw where you are from. These days with our US political scene I wish I was Canadian. But, I won't talk politics here...just saying things are getting really weird here in the States.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #37  

HI turtles

Karen - welcome aboard! Am sure you will fit right in.

I did WW a few times and still follow the points plus as well on my own & go to Tops weekly for my official
weigh ins and accountablility.

This week I was down 2.25# so was very happy with that.

We had a soup tasting this week & I made carrot ginger which turned out nice & very low in points/calories.

Judy - how are you doing?

Karen - keep posting and sharing with us. We are all about the same goals. At this point would be happy to get back under 200 and goal of 160.
Also share your challenges, any new recipes and your accomplishments along the way.

GOod luck on your weight loss journey & look forward to your posts!
Gail
Old 02-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #38  

Hi Gail....I'm so excited that you welcomed me in. Thank you !!!

And you are on Points Plus too....jackpot!!! It's hard to find people that are doing PP now that the new program started last year. So wow....you will actually understand my daily points. and I will understand yours.

This is my 4th day and all is going well. I can have 20-27 points per day and my count has been 21,25,23 & I'm at 12 so far today at 4 p.m. Very happy.

Getting my head in the game is my biggest problem. I know what to do I just don't always do it so this time with buddies I'm going to really give it my best try. I just can not continue to gain, its starting to affect my health. I have been somewhat breathless for the last year when I go up stairs and I was recently at the doctor's office, 3 separate visits, and my blood pressure was elevated. Nothing serious but I want it down so that really got my attention. I'm pretty sure it is weight related.

Like you I did WW PP years ago, really liked the plan, lost weight. I was only about 10 pounds overweight at the time. I went to support a friend who had about 75 pounds to lose. She didn't want to go alone so I told her I had some weight to lose and we could do it together. She lost about 35 pounds, got busy and we both dropped out. Anyway...all that to say I like WWPP and don't want to go to meetings or switch systems. But I KNOW I need the fellowship of other dieters.

And TOPPS!!!! I have wanted to be a part of a TOPPS group but we only have one in my area and it is downtown, parking ramp, walk through a huge building........blahhhhhh!!! An hour and a half of my day will be taken up with travel, getting to the meeting and getting home, and at 6:30 at night. If the meeting was during the day and not downtown I would be all over that. So it will be interesting to hear about your group, so please share.

So what do you do besides weight control??

It is 53 degrees in Minnesota today........so weird, usually about -7 this time of year. The snow has melted and I'm going to go pick up some sticks that have fallen from the trees over the winter. Nature's exercise
Old 02-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #39  

oh and congrats on your 2.25 pound loss this week.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #40  

yeah....another day finished legally. Whoot Whoot!! (day 4 for me)

I can have 20-27 points, finished at 22, right where I want to be.

Evolv shake (2) Red Mill Muesli w/almond milk (6), Progresso Chicken noodle soup (4), New York brand garlic bread (4), Atkins Penne pasta (0), Prego Farmers Market Spaghetti Sauce w/1 oz ground beef (3), banana bread (3) = 22 points

Food Share....Have you tried Atkins Pasta yet? The Penne is 18 g Fiber, 140 calorie and 1 g fat for 2 oz. That makes up into 1 cup of pasta. It is very filling and I could not finish the whole cup, only ate 1/2 cup. I order it online, a little pricey but very worth it. Tastes and feels in your mouth just like regular pasta. It takes about twice the time to cook though which is a great trade off for zero points of PASTA!!!!

I always get my water/tea/fluids in and picked up sticks in the yard for some exercise.

Until tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:03 PM   #41  

Where did all of Sue's posts go??? I thought I would come on each day and read about each one of you on this thread, just trying to catch up and learn more about your diet choices, how much you've lost etc and now this evening all of her posts are missing from this thread. Weird!!! Can any of the rest of you see her posts?

Since her posts are gone I'll start on page one and catch up on Judy. Hopefully she is still on here.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #42  

Well that was silly of me.... Sue is on another board I just joined. Please excuse my wacky brain.

So I read completely through this thread. Hello Judy!!! Nice to read your encouraging posts. I can tell you are a major cheerleader for this thread. But, no posting for 5 days, maybe you are on vacation or something. I plan to post daily. I need it to keep my head in the game of peeling off pounds. Hope to see you checking in soon.

And it has been a little while since the others have posted so are they still active here. Hope so.

Until tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #43  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Karen, so glad to see you posting and to see your enthusiasm! I don't post daily, but if that is what you would like I will try and do that! Congrats on taking your weight loss so seriously.

I had a disappointing WI for many reasons, but I am still the lowest I have been in many months. I too had a sudden weight gain last summer...............Had been holding steady at too high a weight (185) but all of a sudden I let things get to me and quickly gained 7 pounds. It has taken me since the beginning of September to get those pounds off. To let you know, I am concentrating on working around the impulses and triggers that have, in the past, caused bingeing and weight gain. It is not horribly disappointing to lose so slowly because I am changing lifetime habits. For example, I had been drinking 4-5 cans of Diet Coke in place of eating.................I've switched to water and flavored seltzer. That was a biggie.

So Karen, keep up the good work and you'll get this done. Those capris will be dynamite this summer~!
Gail, love your idea of soup parties...................Also : and weigh to go on your wonderful loss

Talk soon.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/184/170's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #44  

Good morning, ladies

Kids have been at cottage for a couple of days & home later tonight, so it has been a quiet house for a change.
I need to get in a walk today although the dog is not home to motivate me to do so, that is on my list for today.

Tonight having dinner with some friends & we are going to Red Lobster (haven't been in years) and I know that
will be a high point/calorie dinner, so eating light thoughout the day and getting in some exercise.

Karen - you were wondering what else we do other than track our food. I usually walk daily & have a 10,000 step
goal on my fitbit. Also my friends set up challenges on this which really helps to get my butt in gear.
Also I bought a Simply Fit Board which I have been trying to get up to 30 min on this, but that is very hard for me
But have it handy near my TV & hop on when watching TV - I try and do 10 min at a time right now.
I also bowl a couple of times a month but that isn't a lot of exercise. Other than that, I chase my grandkids.

Recently I have been counting calories more so than my points (but still ends up at my 26 points daily) and I use my flex points on weekends. During the week I usually stay right on track, so need the extra when socializing.

All - drink more water, journal & lets get moving!
Old 02-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #45  

Also I having been making zucchini noodles with my spiralizer which I love!! Just like spaghetti and a medium
zucchini is only 33 calories!!!