3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #299: Bale of Turtles Readying for the Holidays (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/311288-299-bale-turtles-readying-holidays.html)

Itryharder 10-20-2016 04:41 PM

#299: Bale of Turtles Readying for the Holidays

:welcome3: :carrot:
We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 10-26-2016 01:17 PM

Hi Turtles,
HAd WI at WW's this morning. Down 1.2# so I'm happy with that. There are so many occasions to eat special foods................out of the ordinary stuff that I don't keep in the house. I am trying to limit myself to 2 of those items a week and then eat delicious healthy foods the rest of the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
Getting ready for all sorts of holidays. Going to be a spider for HAlloween. Boo! EVEryone have fun.

Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185.6/170 and thinner :cool:

bandit2 10-26-2016 03:45 PM

Hi turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, that is great. And yes, I hear you about all the times for us to overeat foods we should limit.

Went to movies last night to see "Girl on the Train" - great movie, really enjoyed it. Before movie I stopped and picked up 2 pieces of chicken with small coleslaw & skipped
the popcorn. I knew I could not go all night with nothing to eat, so this was a better choice for me.

We had our rally on Sat which was very good - very inspirational, just what we need at this time of year.

So on Nov 5th I head to Cuba for a week with 14 other ladies, so that will be lots of fun. Planning on getting in extra walking while there to offset the "beach drinks"

I was down 2# last week at Tops so was happy with that & hoping for another dip at the scales tomorrow (here's hoping). I have been staying on track and getting in my walking.
I have been concentrating on how to make my breakfasts better, then we go to lunch, then suppers. But for now just breakfasts and keeping snacks under control.

I haven't changed too much, just making it better - example. For omelette I used 1 egg with 1 eggwhite and halved the cheese. Using plain greek yogurt only and adding my own fruit.
Eiither using just butter or just peanut butter on toast (not both) Whole wheat cereal only.
All of these are painless changes & still felt full.

All - have a great week!

gabbs 11-02-2016 05:30 PM

Hi all! I joined WW online today but I've been following the SmartPoints plan for a while using a third party app. I was sort of sad to see that the discussion boards there are gone. I really got a lot out of them years ago when I was a member and had the online option as well.

Judy - congrats on your loss! Great idea to allow yourself to have some of those special items - I find when I try to cut them entirely I end up binging on them.
Bandit - congrats on your loss as well! Love hearing about how to make fairly painless changes!

Everyone have a great day!

Itryharder 11-03-2016 02:05 PM

Hi TUrtles,
Gabby :welcome3: here. We try to keep this site going with encouragement. Please chime in whenever you can.
Gail, enjoy your trip................I think planning on walking at the beach will definitely keep you on track. Beach drinks can be way high in calories and sugar, but I'm sure you've got it all figured out to get the most bang for the buck............calorie wise. have a great time and let us know about it on your return.

Here we have good times again. Wrapped up our annual Halloween party. i was a spider this year. all fun. Now on to celebrating a big birthday for my dh. :hb: to him and many happy returns of the day. Struggling with food now and again, but I am back on track yesterday and today has been very good as well.

Kudos to all the Turtles. Chime in when you can. Give us your good tips and we'll encourage you too. GAbby, you have a great weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner :cool:

bandit2 11-03-2016 03:23 PM

Hi turtles

Gabby - a big welcome to you! Looking forward to hearing about your weight loss journey and any tips that are helping you.

Judy - great you are back on track, keep up the good work & Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Off to Cuba on Sat for a week, so looking forward to that. Plan of action - extra walking & having fun.

All - good luck at the scales.

Gail

gabbs 11-06-2016 01:17 AM

Good evening ladies! Today was a struggle to stay on plan and I ended up using all my weekly points and I still have 6 days to go! Yikes!! However, I am counting it a success because I tracked everything and didn't just decide to ignore the day. This week our kitchen renovation starts so I will need to be very intentional about food. We will be eating out most meals and I've been doing some research on restaurants in my area and what I can order that will keep me on track. I am planning on lots of salads and fish.

I also have another fairly stressful event coming up this week - I am teaching a card making workshop for about 30 ladies in my church. I am just about ready for the class but am still feeling a little worried since this class will be much more detailed than the previous class I taught them. I hope everyone has a good time and doesn't feel like they wasted an evening (and $15) to come. We shall see - the class is on Thursday night so I'll be sure and give you an update on how it went. Luckily I am off work on Friday so I can relax a little bit at the end of the week. Actually after I finish up my regular day job on Thursday afternoon I am off work until November 22nd!! I have another event that I am coordinating that my DH recommended I just take the whole week off from my regular job so I can relax a little bit while coordinating the other event. He can be so smart!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far - I'm sure Gail is enjoying the beach by now!! I'm just a little bit jealous...*smile* Judy - happy birthday to your hubby!!

Itryharder 11-12-2016 09:10 AM

Hi Turtles,
Gabbs, hey!!!!! I am so happy you tracked all your food. When I do that I am able to shake things off because I was so honest and then I just go about what I hope to accomplish. I think you might feel the same way.

You are doing great. Look at your weight loss. Weigh to go!

I had a tumultuous week being away at the beach over the weekend, celebrating my dh :hb: on Sunday, the election here in the states, and everything else that seems to pile in. Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I'll have 12 here and my ds and his family will be with us for several days.
Fun and my routine does get thrown off, so I'll have to be super organized and remember to SIT DOWN when I eat. lol.

Okay, scale isn't moving down right now, so I am getting serious about this whole week to see a nice drop.

Sending :goodvibes: and :bravo: to us all. Gail, enjoy the :swim: and get back in touch when you're back in Canada.

All my best to all of us!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/186/170 and thinner :cool:

bandit2 11-21-2016 10:55 AM

Morning everyone.

Well, I enjoyed my holiday and was up .25# after that at my Thurs evening meeting - not too bad overall. Weather was perfect and had lots of ocean/pool time
and fun with the ladies.

Seen our first snow this a.m. so slow drive in to work today - but now the sun is shining so all good.

All - hope you are all doing well, staying on track and getting in your water & some exercise.

Have a great week.

Itryharder 12-02-2016 08:25 PM

Hi Turtles,
Gail, you did fantastically well with yourtiny gain after vacation.
On the run here. need to stick a little closer to plan to lose more weight, but I'm not gaining.
talk soon.
judy

bandit2 12-12-2016 04:46 PM

Hi turtles - hope everyone is not being too naughty wit the goodies everywhere. Major snow up here this a.m. but the roads were just wet by time I left for work.
Had to shovel out the bottom of driveway to get out, so abit of exercise there for sure.

Hope you are all doing well with your weight loss, getting in some exercise and drinking your water.

Itryharder 12-13-2016 04:15 PM

Hi turtles,
Gail, it's so easy to forget the things you mentioned: water, exercise, and eating well. I keep thinking these things are a "habit" with me, and then they aren't. All in all I am doing better than most Decembers as I get ready for Christmas. Easy to grab a bite of something here and there, but I am planning better.

How are you doing? Good to see you on Facebook. I hope Susan comes back to chime in too.

Hey Turtles, I know it's a busy season, but is anyone around? The new people who join: what would you like to talk about here? What would give you the support you're looking for? Any ideas?

Right now is a very busy time with things to do most days, but I am trying to keep staying on track uppermost each day. It's easy to slip, but I think I may have lost another pound this week.

Sending :goodvibes: to all the Turtles. :bravo: :cheer: :cheers: and :love: to all of you and the merriest of holidays to each one.
I've gotta run and drink some water! lol, but I mean it.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/185/170 and thinner :cool:

bandit2 12-21-2016 10:40 AM

Hi turtles

Everyone is so busy, here's hoping you are all getting ready for the holidays.

Just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Enjoy the holidays and the time we get to spend with friends & family.

Take care & here's to a great 2017.

Gail

Itryharder 12-21-2016 12:34 PM

Hi Turtles,
Gail, what a nice message! Thank you. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all of us. Here's hoping we meet our goals in the new year for happiness and peace.
I feel really good about Christmas this year and am expecting a very good one.
Much cheer to all of us!
Itryharder
Judy
234.6/184/170 and thinner :cool:

bandit2 12-29-2016 12:34 PM

Hi turtles

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I was down 2# at my weigh in last week, so now just to keep it off
during the holidays.

Lots of snow up here but very nice as well. Kids just all left for the cottage for a few days, so time for Grandma
to relax for today then get busy unpacking all my kitchen stuff, so it is basically all done in my apartment.
Just a few tweaks here & then, nothing major.

So what is everyone New Years resolutions?

Some of mine seem to be the same: lose weight, walk more. New ones this year are: not to swear (especially around
grandchildren) visit my mom more, and try and understand other peoples problems better (sometimes we really don't know what is going on and are too quick to judge).

So lets all hope we have a great New Year!