Old 11-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Dee. feel better soon. I got to the Rachael Ray audience with my daughter, but never to any other shows. I'll chat more tomorrow. Thanks for your contributions here and the reminder that God helps us thru tough times.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/175.8/170and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #32  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hmm, sorry about my last gloomy post TMI, caused from the side effects from my bad cold & the pills. I used my netti-pot later yesterday & my eustation tubes did a small pressure pop inside my ear canal & my headache & head cold pains were gone within 10 minutes. I typically only use my netti-pot for sinus pain/allergies but I was tired of hurting & I'm not a pill taker so I gave it a try

I'm thinking about cooking our turkey differently this year, spatchcocking it. Has anyone done this before, to catch the yummy turkey juices I plan to lay our turkey on top of the stuffing on a small cookie sheet to allow some of the juices to drain into my Nesco roasting pan for gravy

My daily challenge list will be on hold on Thanksgiving day, unless we have nice temps & we all go outdoors to look @ nature. We've had a few noisy owls in the late afternoon I've seen with my binoculars & crazy turkeys in & out of our woods. Our g-babes are 4 yrs to 14 yrs & really enjoy exploring when they come visit us.

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #33  
Chick

Dee, it sounds like you've got a nice plan for Thanksgiving Day. Yes, i'll be so busy cooking for all of us that I won't get to them either. My challenge will be to eat moderately and not binge. I really love the foods of Thanksgiving.

Dee, I have never heard of that cooking method. Let us know how it works out.

Food good today but I am really hungry. I am finding giving up Diet Coke more difficult than I thought it would be.

Talk tomorrow.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/175.8/170 and thinner

Oh, I went to renew my weekly pass agreement with WW's and found out there is a promotion coming in December in case any of you are thinking of rejoining. At this time every year WWS' offers something new. This year I have a feelingi t will have to do with Smart phones. WE'll find out soon.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Dee - Hope you are feeling better We all get down at times, but do your best to think positive, get better & find something good everyday.

Judy - thanks for the WW info. Yes, it is hard giving up our pop, but just think of all the chemicals in it, although I usually have 1 on the weekend which is OK.

Well, it snowed overnight & so pretty to look at & my drive was OK as well
My drive now is 15 min longer and that makes a difference in the road conditions since I now go along what we call the ridges (it can be snowey there and just south of it, none) So on bad days will go back to my old route.

Had a good food day yesterday, totally on plan & got in a walk with the dog before work. Around the block 2 times = 24 min which is fine for the a.m.
and a nice way to start the day.

All - have a good one & enjoy your upcoming holiday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #35  
Chick

Bandit, what a great accomplishment. Weigh to go. Your WI should be great this week.

I WI tomorrow and am hoping for a loss. I'll chime in tomorrow.

Dee, feel better soon. You've got a great attitude.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/175.8/170and thinner
Old 11-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #36  
Sandee

Gail, You're doing soo Great w our daily goals! I really love it that you are taking your doggy walking, its soo healthy for both of you Yep I get it about traveling on snow & ice during the winter. If you knew me you'd know that I'm a happy person. I'm the girl that smiles about small things & that ppl come to for help because I am a giver & I do my best to keep people optimistic instead of feeling hopeless. I began college @ 37 yrs old & got my degree early studying through the summer terms & I had a job supporting myself. I had a moment of sadness while I was sick for 3 days when I wrote of my prior marriage, its just that simple.

Judy, I'm sure your WI was Good w your daily Active body doing our goals I smile when I read your posts, the only thing I'm envious of you is, that you are Blessed to have a daughter. I have 2 wonderful sons & 1 immature 31 yr. old daughter-inlaw. Spatchcocking is a method to cook poultry deliciously fast by removing the backbone. During November I've seen 4 different chefs do this on TV including Rachael Ray It's also supposed to be the 'safest way to stuff' your bird w the turkey cut-open laying on top of the stuffing rather than 'inside the turkey cavity'. http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/ho...u-roast-turkey

Try to squeeze in 2-3 of our daily goal challenges tomorrow

Last edited by miniDoodles; 11-25-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #37  
Chick

Oh, now I get the way to cook the turkey. Thanks.
this is going to be short since I've got to rest. i've been cooking up a storm.
My WI was so nice. Got rid of last week's gain and lost a bit more.

Happy Thanksgiving and Gail, Happy Weekend!!!
Judy
Itryharder:\
234.6/174.2/170 and thinner
Old 11-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #38  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dee - So glad you are feeling better and thanks for your supportive words.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Yes, walking to dog is a nice way to start the day. So, I go when someone is still home to hear the baby. So this week I did it 2 a.m. so far.
Also, I having been doing meditation on Tuesdays unless something else comes up & that has really helped me being calmer & more reasonable
in some situations - highly recommend even some quiet "me" time everyday.

All - this weekend will be putting up the outside decorations & hopefully the tree. Since we have moved everything is in a different place & hard to find some things.

Eating has been pretty good this week - however the holiday treats are starting to show up at the office. Oh well, just have to be more picky & just have the things I truly enjoy - knowing there is always more to come.

All - enjoy your holiday & good luck at the scales.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #39  
Chick

GAil, you can do this! I'll talk on Sunday when the family goes home.
judy
Old 11-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #40  
Sandee

Good Morning another beautiful sunny day & week is coming like yesterday, hitting 48*

This week w the nice weather we need to decorate outdoors also.

On Qvc last night I gave up & bought my own Christmas gift that I'll share w our guests. http://www.qvc.com/Keurig-K10-Personal-Coffee-Maker-w-36-K-Cup-Packs-&-Carousel.product.K42798.html?sc=K42798-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-K42798&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/k/98/k42798.001?$uslarge$
A single cup coffee Keurig w 36 k-cups & carousel, first I ordered orchid then I went back online & changed it to bayberry green. I drink more tea than coffee but the coffee pods r yummy flavors & it includes cocoa & tea We'll have a variety of drinks & our guest's aren't stuck drinking Dh's dark roast coffee. I'm ordering a stainless steel refillable k-cup from Amazon & buy a pack of vinyl k-cups @ Wal-Mart for quick refills for guests. When I was trying to lose my 21# gain yrs ago, I tried my friends Keurig & it was a very big factor in keeping my appetite satisfied, this special Qvc set is -$68 less than when I compared it to Amazon yesterday. This is My Best way to Not eat sugary/fattening food is to drink 1-2 cups of flavored coffee daily & in the evening instead of a food snack to drink a hot mug of flavored tea.
My favorite herbs for making tea r using my leaves from any plants w mint & basil flavors pineapple basil, lemon basil, etc. Yum. I use my food dehydrator, then freeze my leaves in little canning jars. With my new Keurig I'll spoon my frozen leaves into the refillable k-cup. I have 3 pretty China/porcelain tea pots that I only use for guests. I was using my microwave & tea bags for years, but after drinking from brewed leaves or dehydrated fruit, No more tea bags & microwave water for us. I use a small strainer w little holes & a small tea kettle. But when I crave something sweet, to keep my fat-pounds-off & to satisfy my sweet craving, sipping on a cup of hot sweet/spicy coffee like Dunkin'Donuts is delish I'm drinking Pumpkin Spice this week instead of eating fattening sweets & it's a nuisance cleaning the coffee carafe daily for 2 cups, so my hubby can make his pot. My Keurig will be a healthy asset for me, what fun drinking many of the 36 variety flavors free from Qvc included w my new Keurig (both our son's families have the big Keurig & refillable k-cups, I'm last again ) I'll make my favorite flavored coffee's now in the stainless steel refillable k-cup, easy-breezy Keurig.
Now you'all know 1 of my 3 secrets to not gain any weight back.

Yesterday I did every challenge on our list & I'm half done today Michigan State Spartans, Go-Green (colors r green & white) my university won again yesterday & we're currently #5. Michigan Wolverines lost big to Ohio State. Does anyone else watch football?

Girls... what do you want Santa to put under your tree for you on Christmas morning?
Old 11-30-2015, 05:05 PM   #41  
Chick

Oh, what a smart idea to use flavored coffee to avoid indulging in cravings. WEigh to go Dee! We have a Keurig and although I brew a pot of coffee when the gang is over, I use the Keurig when only one or two want coffee, or when someone wants decaf. enjoy enjoy!!

Food not great this week. I'm up a lot and hoping to knock off some before
Wed. WI. My daughter invited me over for dinner of soup, so I will. That should be fine since she eats healthy.

Talk later.
Everyone have a good week. Do the challenges and keep on chiming in!
Judy
Itryharder
Old 12-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #42  

Morning turtles

Got my walk in yesterday a.m. so that was nice way to start the day.
It was brisk but felt good.
We also got our tree up & some decorations (not as many as usual with the toddler) but looks nice & got out and bought myself a new winter coat & boots which I needed, also a few more presents bought - so a really productive weekend.

Judy - I also have been having soup for dinner when I have something on after work & don't go home (like my bowling night) The Tim Hortons soups are nice & even though they are abit higher in points than some, I find it filling enough with the little bun they give you - so great dinner when not at home. I have tried the cream of broccoli, turkey with rice & the Thai chicken (which was just OK - not my favorite)

Dee - good for you for doing your challenges! Keep it going.

All - keep warm
Old 12-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #43  
Sandee

A Dell person @ tech support messed up my laptop yesterday I'll be back back ASAP.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #44  
Sandee

A Dell person @ tech support messed up my laptop yesterday I'll be back back ASAP.

She's located in India & forced me to buy a scan pkg for $71 while she took control of my computer

She
Old 12-02-2015, 11:29 PM   #45  
Chick

Oh, that doesn't sound like fun, Dee. I hope your computer is all better now.

Today I had a good food day. I'm happy for that. I went to WW;'s today for my meeting, but didn't weigh in. That's fine. As long as I stay on program all this week, my excess weight should be gone.

Bandit, glad you got so much done. I'm getting ready to have a really nice Christmas. Getting organized and getting shopping done. It's wonderful that you are getting out and walking.

Dee, keep up the good work with the challenges. Glad we are all working at this!

Judy
Itryharder
234.6/?/170 and thinner