3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #296 Bale of Turtles Looking Forward (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/307117-296-bale-turtles-looking-forward.html)

Itryharder 11-12-2015 05:16 PM

#296 Bale of Turtles Looking Forward

:carrot: :welcome3:
We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 11-12-2015 05:18 PM

Hi Turtles,
Chime in when you can. We're coming into a beautiful time of the year, but it's also a challenging time as far as losing weight.
:goodvibes: and :love: to us all
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/175/170 and thinner :cool:

miniDoodles 11-12-2015 06:52 PM

Judy, thanks for setting up the next thread :smug:

Itryharder 11-14-2015 12:49 PM

So glad to set up thread. I am really happy this club is up and running. For the first time in a very long time I am losing weight and it feels good. MiniDoodles is so encouraging to me because she has kept her weight off for a long time and is about my height and has reached the sizes I want to be. Good inspiration!

Have a great week, Turtles. Chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/175/170and thinner :cool:

bandit2 11-16-2015 12:35 PM

Hi turtles - I'm back & had a great vacation. Weather was hot but humid,
so lots of ocean/pool time. Home scale up a few # but hopefully those will
come off quickly.
Judy - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss, that is amazing & thank you for setting up out new thread.
Mini - nice to see you are still here posting with us, lots of nice supportive comments from you which I love.
Cherry - how are you? Hope you are doing OK & pop in when you can.

All - nice to be back & get back to my routines. Hope you have a great week

Itryharder 11-16-2015 08:28 PM

Hi Turtles,
Welcome back Bandit. So glad you had plenty of pool/ocean time. Those pounds always come off quickly once you're back home and on track again. Yes, I'm with you that MiniDoodles comments are so positive and helpful. It's really encouraging to me that she is about my height and has reached a weight/size that I would love to be. Glad to have you back, Bandit.
Amby, chime in when you can.
Cherry, let us know what you're up to.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving and also planning ahead to what I'll eat the next day which can be the real kick in the head when my guard is down.

Sending :goodvibes: to all.
Judy
234.6/175/170 and thinner :cool:

miniDoodles 11-16-2015 11:21 PM

Hello everyone :)

Now that Bandit is back home w us, what do u think about having a daily Challenge w Christmas here in almost 5 weeks :o

Like everyone could say 2 helpful things to daily do Now to get into a healthier routine instead of waiting & making a New Year's resolution.

I'll say our 1st daily challenge: Everyone must daily do a minimum of 3 different arm/hand-weight exercises, w a minimum of 5 w 3 repetitions during the day. Who wants osteoporosis or a weak back, arms, abs or bra fat :( Not me...

Dumbbells & barbells can b a optional substitute, I don't go to the gym or have those at my home, so I'll use my 3# & 5# weights. If u don't have weights, lift other handy items ;)

#2: Dance, it doesn't matter how fast or how long. Enjoy the music & yourself, it's even more fun w somebody.

I'm excited to read what your daily challenges will be. Cherry & Amby, please add your 2 challenges to Judy, Bandits & mine = 10 daily. They can be foods or activities.

If u think my challenge idea is dumb, just say No thanks.

Good night all. :dancer: :dust: :broc:

bandit2 11-17-2015 09:55 AM

Hi turtles

Mini - great idea. My challenge is to eat a piece of fruit & get in
a 15 min walk (around the block, up/down the stairs - whatever you
prefer)
I said fruit since I keep bringing mine for a car ride instead of eating it.
Looking at me now is my grapefruit from yesterday, an apple & mandarin orange - all lined up in my office. So today I am really going to eat one of them.

All - went bowling last night so that was fun & to bed early since long day getting back into the work routine.

Have a great day & lets all do our challenge!

miniDoodles 11-17-2015 01:25 PM

Bandit, what's your name :smug: like we have Judy & me/Dee. It just feels silly using our log-in name when we share our life. Thanks for your challenges ;) some days I forget to eat fruit also :dizzy: wasting something sooo healthy for me... Don't forget we must do Everyone's :D Challenge Idea aLso, it's our new to-do for our body, daily list.

Okay, so far so good for me today. I did your 2 daily challenges that u gave us.
I ate a banana for my snack & I walked 3/4 mile my Fitbit says.
My 2 aren't done yet, I danced this morning, to a oldie tune & country tune while being busy. But I have to lift hand-weights yet to complete the challenge list until the other girls add their 2 more for us to-do.

I'm going to write them down & make a check mark daily to stay on track as I do them with this new plan, to help me get into a nice winter routine.

:drinkup: :lifter: :running:

bandit2 11-17-2015 04:34 PM

Hi turtles - my name is Gail

I ate my apple and walked around the block on my lunchhour.
Still more to do later today. We have exercise equipment at home I can
use.

All - lets get busy.

Itryharder 11-17-2015 09:05 PM

Whoa, I just logged in here and I see you gals are doing a wonderful challenge. I love love love it! Can't tell you how many apples went from fresh to old and mushy from being a world traveler in my pocketbook. So funny.

I just saw this, so I didn't do the arm weights or the dance, but I did treadmill for 30 min. and I had an apple.
tomorrow I'll get up to speed.
My suggestions are to write down the snacks we eat.
To walk around the house at least 5 min. when watching an hour of tv.

Let's see how this goes. Love the idea of starting now rather than putting so much pressure on ourselves in the New Year. Weigh to go!
:goodscale: Tomorrow is my WI. Not quite sure how it will go. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Judy

CherryAutumn 11-18-2015 08:16 AM

Hello Judy, Dee, and Bandit. Hope you are doing well Amby. Looks like you guys have a nice challenge going on. I will do my best to get some of your ideas in each day. I have been struggling with migraines for well over a year and so some days are pretty rough. To add to the challenge maybe we could keep track of our water intake each day and make sure we get in a healthy fat.:^:

bandit2 11-18-2015 09:14 AM

Morning turtles

This morning I got up extra early and got in an 1/2 walk with the dog
Nice way to start the day!

miniDoodles 11-18-2015 04:38 PM

Hi girls & Welcome back Cherry :hug: we've missed you & I'm sorry about your migraines. I get migraines related to a bad allergy attack & after having a ulcer my doctor said no Nsaid's, so the least harmful Nsaid pill I take to knock-out my migraine pain is Advil Migraine & then it takes a few hours for the pain to be gone.

Judy... I hope your WI was good today :goodscale

Gail... Wow that's impressive getting up & starting your day early :running: what kind of doggy do u have?

Okay here's our happy-Healthy daily Challenge routine List. With our friends names alphabetically :smug: We can make a new list after Christmas, before New Year's Day 2016, if anyone enjoys doing this ;)

Cherry: Track of our water intake daily, adults should always drink a minimum of 8 glasses daily. + Eat-include Healthy Fats in our meals.

Dee: Lift hand-weights (any weights) doing arm exercises with a minimum of 3 different positions & a minimum of 5 repetitions. + Dance & enjoy yourself & the music, with or without somebody/a partner.

Gail: Eat 1 or more pieces of fresh fruit daily or whatever fruit you have available (canned-frozen) our bodies need it. + Walk at least 15 minutes & if possible go up & down some stairs.

Judy: Write down aLL the snacks we eat until bedtime. + Walk around the house for at least 5 minutes during every hour we watch TV.

:wave:

bandit2 11-18-2015 04:48 PM

Happy Thanksgiving