Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 01:02 PM   #16  
Thursday Lady

Happy Tuesday everyone.
Larry got back home safely last night. He drove but he "flew" home he got here so fast. He was starving because he'd gone 6 hrs. without eating. I fixed him a cutlet and baked potato. Yummy. I'm making myself hungry for lunch.

My brother-in-law is Executor of the will and is going to take his sweet time to be thorough. YUK. You can be thorough and still get the money divided quickly. Grrrr...... He is a very nice, gentle person however we'd like to get this thing taken care of.

I guess Sheree will be back online tomorrow.
Tammy, did you get all your washing caught up?
Susan, are you going to Curves all this week like you wanted?
I'm adding something sent to me about things that cause cancer.
It might seem long but it is interesting.

Carcinogens cause cancer. Especially breast cancer. Don't freeze
your plastic water bottles with water as this also releases dioxins in
the plastic.*

Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle Hospital was on a TV program
explaining this health hazard. He is the manager of the Wellness
Program at the hospital. He was talking about dioxins and how bad
they are for us.

He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using
plastic containers. This applies to foods that contain fat. He said
that the combination of fat, high heat and plastics releases dioxins
into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Dioxins are
carcinogens and highly toxic to the cells of our bodies. Instead, he
recommends using glass, Corning Ware, or ceramic containers for
heating food. You get the same results without the dioxins.

So such things as TV dinners, .weight watchers dinners , lean cuisine
dinners, instant ramen cup of noodles, and soups, etc., should be
removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't
bad but you don't know what is in the paper. Just safer to use tempered
glass, Corning Ware, etc

Last edited by Tina; 07-01-2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:38 PM   #17  

Tina, I don't remember those towns when we went through NC. I do know that we went through Charlotte.

I have been to Curves everyday so far this week! I am so pleased with myself. Planning to get up and go in the morning also.

Yes, I managed to get the laundry finished. We decided that next year if we go there again, we are taking about 1/2 as many clothes and we'll do laundry while we're there.

I'm ready to go sit on the porch and read. Not sure if it will be a magazine or start a new book. Decisions are the pits, aren't they?

I don't want to weigh tomorrow because I'm crampy. Seems like I'm crampy every week! lol

Hope everyone has a good weigh in this week!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #18  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,
Hope everyone is doing great today. Well weigh in was not a happy thing, I was up 2.2. I knew I would but at least I went!! Now I have to get serious again.

Tina, I know you and Larry are ready to get things taken care with his father's estate. I didn't go to Curves yesterday but I've been Monday and today. I got measured and I did have a loss in measurements so that is a positive thing.

Tammy, so what did you decided to go read, a book or magazine?

Tina, thanks for the info.

I'm going to meet a friend for dinner today. We are having Mexican. There is this good chicken and zuchinni dish that they make so that's what I'll get. At least I'll be a little good.

Have a good evening.

Last edited by auntie; 07-02-2003 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #19  

Yum to Mexican! The chicken and zuchinni sounds good. Boo on the pounds, but hooray on the measurements!!

I ended up finishing my new Woman's Day magazine. I also subscribe to the Discipleship Journal. I've been going through some older ones, and I'm going to pass them on to some other people. I've really been on a "let's get rid of things" kick. lol I was in the same mood at the end of the school year and really cleaned out some things at school. My closet in our extra bedroom looks almost naked since I have gotten rid of so much.

Back to the porch to read until I fall asleep, which probably won't be very long.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:21 PM   #20  
Susan

Hope everyone had a nice and relaxing 4th!! We ended up having my best friend and his family over for hamburger and hotdogs. Then we watched the fireworks. So today, I have to be a little more focused on my food!!

Tammy, the chicken and zuchinni was great! It's grilled!! I love to get rid of stuff but as soon as I do the space seems to fill right back up! I'm not sure about that!!! Ohh, a nap on the porch sounds great! Here is you walk outside you melt until 9:00 pm.

Tina, How are ya'll doing? Is Larry doing ok? I know this is a tough time for him.

Ok, where is everyone. I know it's a holiday weekend but it's been pretty quiet around here lately. We miss you!!

Nothing really exciting happening here today. Pat is having some of his friends over this evening for steaks. Now, I wonder why we had hot dogs and hamburgers with mine ???

Have a good one!!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:36 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

It has been quiet around here!!!!! Come on people!!!

Susan, I saw that y'all had a hot 4th. It was around 75 here because we had rain and more rain . It did stop around 5 p.m. just in time for the fireworks celebration.
Kenny Loggins performed for a couple of hours and then the fireworks. One of the sponsors was a TV station. So, we got to sit at home and watch the whole thing!

Tammy, I'm glad you are getting to relax some. You love to read and you are getting to do that.

Sis, how are you doing?
Sheree, where are you girl?

Where are all the other group members???????

Susan, Larry is doing pretty well/good. I'm trying to keep him busy during this 3-day weekend. We were watching some news yesterday where they were burning old flags. That got to him. His dad was in the service and they presented Larry and his brother with flags at the cemetary.
So, we went to the video store and rented a silly old movie, "8 Heads in a Duffle Bag" with Joe Pesie. We've seen it a couple of times before. It was still funny.

Everyone continue to have a great weekend.
Susan, next time go ahead and buy steaks for your friends, too.

Tina
Old 07-05-2003, 02:41 PM   #22  

LOL We did steaks last night on the grill and they were delicious!! I bought 2 strip steaks. Tim asked what I was planning on eating. I keep forgetting that he's getting bigger and doesn't want to share anymore. Bob brought home a 3rd steak when he came home from work, so we each had our own. I rarely eat beef anymore, so it really was good! I seem to only eat chicken and fish anymore.

Tim is outside drumming for the neighbors to enjoy! Poor people! I'd feel bad if he wasn't good, but he's kind of entertaining!

Our front porch is enclosed and when it's hot, we aim a fan from the house out there so it's air conditioned too! As hot and humid as it's been, we seem to always have the AC on. Tim's allergies appreciate the air conditioning.

Off the the porch again to read the newspaper. Later I'll be putting pictures in picture albums. Over the past couple days I've been working on that. I put in pictures from 2003, 2002, 2001, and 2000!!!!! Areen't you all impressed with how far behind I am? I still need to do 99 and 98.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:22 PM   #23  
Susan

Oh wow!! Kenny Loggins, I just love him!

Tina, I'm sure the movie helped bring some humor! Laughing is a good stress reliever. I can imagine how seeing the flags being burned really upset Larry. It bothers me. It was hot here!!! Mom and Dad said they have had a lot of rain in SA. It's dry as can be here!

Tammy, I run the ac all the time with the exception of the few months it is actually cool here. Funny about the putting the pictures in albums, I did that one summer. Since then, I haven't been very good about taking pictures and if I do, they are on my digital camera. I'm VERY IMPRESSED!!!

Off to cook potatoes for potato salad.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:47 PM   #24  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great 4th! We did the whole family thing with bbq outside, swimming, bring a dish to pass, etc. Had a lot of fun. But kind of blew it pointswise. Oh well, I WILL be good today.
Tina, thanks for asking, I've been doing pretty good. Got our home gym, been trying to learn how to do that. Hoping it helps me start going downward again. I will probably keep away from the scales at first though, since gaining muscle means the scale will show a gain even though you are losing fat. When I'm more confident about what I am doing I will start keeping track of the scales again. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend....Sis
Old 07-05-2003, 07:36 PM   #25  
DOXIEMAMA

It's sounds like everyone had a great 4th. We had a great day also. It was just me and my husband,and our 3 Dachshunds. I made a short rib recipe from one of the W.W. cook books. It turned out great. We did fireworks here in our yard. The oldest dog was bored with it. But the 2 youngest just thought they were great.The youngest really likes the ones with the biggest bang. I know I have realy strange dogs.
The weather here was really nice for a change. It usually rains every 4th.
Have a great weekend. Punky
Old 07-06-2003, 03:17 PM   #26  

Punky, you do have strange dogs! lol We've been having so many thunderstorms the past few days. Our dachsund, Kramer, does not like them at all. He cuddles up next to me and shakes. They're calling for more storms tonight. Oh boy!!

I think I should stay off of the scales. I hopped on this morning and was up the pound that I just lost! I need to get back to weighing just once a week. Maybe I'll have my hubby hide the scales until Thursday morning!!
Old 07-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #27  

HI Everyone!! Today is my first start over day for WW, I got up this AM and did 1/2 hour of Taebo, and instead of taking the Elevator for work, took the three flights of stairs....So WW really works huh??? Just looking for some insight, some sucess stories, so I too can become a loser! Would appreciate any tips!!!
Thanks all!
Old 07-10-2003, 07:25 PM   #28  
Susan

Howdy All,

Well, I missed weigh in this week, unless I make it tomorrow and it will be a full week. I've gone to 2 days of workshops, can you say "YUCK" And it's TOM time so I might wait and go next week in San Antonio. My little sister is talking about joining down there so I'll go with her for a little booster.

Welcome to the group Jennie! This is a great group to be with!!!! I like your saying at the end of your post.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:18 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Hello
How is eveyrone doing? It's been awfully quiet around here. Of course, I'm one to talk. I haven't been in the best of moods.....with Larry's dad dying and all the phoning I've had to do and the claim forms to fill out.

Jennie, I add my welcome, too. This is a great group of "losers." We never give up the fight!!!!!!!

Sheree, are you still around?????

Punky, your dogs sound like they keep you busy. I try to keep our cat busy. Since he's older, I try to keep him moving a lot so he doesn't just sleep. Boy, sleep sounds good!

Tammy, what book are you reading right now?

Susan, my sister had to attend three-days of meetings this week. She starts school the middle of August. When does yours start?

Right about now, I'd like to run away to some large, expensive, fancy hotel and be pampered. Of course, I'd only eat pealed grapes. I'd be very careful of the chocolate dipped strawberries.

I thnk I just need to go to bed.

Take it easy!
Tina
Old 07-11-2003, 07:20 PM   #30  

Tina, I had to get up and go look at the title of the book! I'm reading Black Friday by James Patterson. I'm also going through magazines and writing down some things from those that I want to remember, then I'm taking those to the hospital waiting rooms or up to the nursing home where my dad was. I figured that someone could get some use out of them instead of me keeping them or just throwing them away.

I'm trying to decide what I'm taking to band camp for reading material. I had one of Dr. Phil's books last year, and I think I may take the same one again and really do what it says. Kind of like homework. I've read it, but didn't do all of the things that it suggested.
Closed Thread