Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:32 PM   #31  
Susan

Hi Ladies,

Tammy, you are in my prayers Girl!!! I hope they hurry up and get you on the right track. What Dr. Phil book are you reading or going to re-read? I have 2 of his books that I started but once they get to the tough stuff I seem to stop reading. Go figure!!!

Tina, how is it going? I know you have had a tough time lately!! I think about you often.

I haven't gotten to see my friend yet. She should be moved to a reg. room today or tomorrow. The only this is that tomorrow I have no time to get up there to see her and then I'm leaving for San Antonio on Sunday. I told her that I was going so she knows it. I'll call and check on her in the morning.

Well, I cleaned the carpet today. It looks so nice and clean!!! If it only stayed that way.

Mom has her hip surgery on Monday. I plan on taking both of their cars for oil changes and will redo her porchswing. It needs to be stripped and repainted. It will be a nice surprise for her.

Hope ya'll have a nice evening!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #32  
Thursday Lady

It's Saturday,
Tammy, I think you are great!!!!!! How's that for a good lift on Saturday!!!!!

Susan, I have good days and some that are soooo stressful. Thank you for thinking of me. I hope your friend does well.
I hope your mother is doing well.

Tina
Old 07-13-2003, 11:25 AM   #33  
Susan

Ya'll have a GREAT Sunday! Make sure you do something for yourself!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 03:02 PM   #34  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Susan,
I hope everything goes well with your mom's surgery. Take care...Sis ((((hugs))))
Old 07-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #35  

Susan, I think the book is called Self Matters. I enjoyed reading it, and I think I'll enjoy it even more if I do the "homework". Prayers for your mother as she goes through her surgery. Can you come to my house and do some things for me? lol

Tina, thanks for the lift on Saturday morning!!!

Today was great. After church, we came home, changed clothes, jumped in the car and drove to a state park about an hour from here. We even took the dog! We got some walking in and just plain relaxation! Drove to Oxford (home of Miami University, where I went to school) and checked things out, stopped at KFC, drove back to the state park and ate. It was so much fun. We used to do that kind of thing, but it seems like we are always so busy doing other things.

I printed some things out about diabetes (even though my count wasn't high enough to call it that yet). Need to go read it.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:22 PM   #36  

Yikes! I forgot to mention that the doctor called yesterday about noon and said no blood clots!! My glucose level is up, but my cholesterol level is down since January. He wants both numbers to go down. Oh boy! I've been reading alot of things online about diabetes (number isn't that high but getting closer). I want to attack it now instead of waiting till I am an official diabetic.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:03 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, that's great news from the doctor!!!!!!!
I wish my colesteral level was lower. It just seems to always be above 200. The doctor is always puzzled because my "bad" colesterol level is always okay. Go figure.

Glad you are doing okay. It sounds like you had a great Sunday.
Tina
Old 07-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #38  

Susan, the book I'm reading by Dr. Phil is Life Strategies. Have no idea where I got that other title! Duh!

Dr. called yesterday and he wants me to have another ultrasound, this one of the neck. What does that have to do with my leg going numb???? Oh well, I guess he knows what he's doing.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:13 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

H everyone!
Well, Hurricane Claudette went to our south and we are very happy. We didn't get much of the Eastside water, either. That's a blessing.
Like Tammy, we've been getting lots of rain lately.

Tammy, the doctor probably wants to rule out a blockage in your neck. My mother's cardiologist is having her take an ultrasound of the carotid artery in her neck--as a check-up. She had one of those ultrasounds after she had her stroke 3 years ago.
Oops, I didn't mean to scare you by saying all this.

I hope Susan is enjoying her stay in San Antonio. I hope her mother is doing well.

Sheree-----are you still with us, girl????

If I don't mention everyone by name, please don't feel offended. Please come back and post!!!

Tina
Old 07-16-2003, 09:33 PM   #40  

I thought of you and the hurricane!! Glad everyone is OK.

Someone else had mentioned about the neck and strokes, so I wasn't surprised when I read your message Tina. My dad had some heart problems, and he went to the same doctor that I go to, so I know Doug wants to be thorough.

Great news!! Tim's Eagle Scout Project Proposal was approved! We just found out today. NOW we can finally get started on it!! Hooray!! Hopefully, he'll have everything for his project completed by Thanksgiving, and he should have his Eagle Ceremony (if all goes right) next spring. We are very excited!

I've been to Curves 3 days in a row! I'm planning to go tomorrow, but I'm taking Friday off because I'm doing band uniform fittings at the school.

Hope everyone has a super weigh in this week!!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:22 AM   #41  
Susan

Howdy Friends,

Thanks for all of the support for my mom. I'm still here in San Antonio and I am EXHAUSTED. Surgery was good. I spent the night at the hospital Monday night and most of Tuesday. Mom's blood pressure was really low (60/40) so they took her off of her epideral and morphine drip. She is doing pretty good now. She is once again refusing to eat. Not sure where I could possibly get my stubborness? But she is moving to rehab tomorrow. Well off to bed, tomorrow is another early and long day at the hospital.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:22 AM   #42  

Susan, good to hear from you! Glad the surgery went well. Refusing to eat? I don't think that's ever happened to me. lol Take care and get some rest. Give your mom our best wishes, OK?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:10 PM   #43  
Thursday Lady

Susan, ditto what Tammy said----
And, I hope you haven't gotten sick on hospital food.
Not eating is the only good thing about me getting a cold or virus.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Larry is off and we are painting the bedroom. We have the primer coat on and now we're going to Sears and get the colors.
When we get it all finished, I'll take a photo and send it for y'all to see.
Tammy-I am soooo glad the Eagle Scout project was approved!!!

Tina
p.s. Sis how are you doing?????

Where is everyone else????
Old 07-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #44  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Susan, Glad to hear all went well. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys. My mom is also STUBBORN! LOL I also think its genetic.
Tina, I'm doing pretty good. Things are calming a bit after my sisters surgery & all. Thanks for asking. My sis is doing quite well. They seem sure they got everything. God will handle things now I'm sure.
Hope everyone has a GREAT week.....Sis
Old 07-17-2003, 11:29 PM   #45  
DOXIEMAMA

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Tina have fun with the painting, we painted our living room,dining room,and hallway last year. It was more work than we thought it would be. But we are going to be doing our bedrooms here real soon,and we are going to be putting tile through out the house. So we will be having "fun" also. Punky
Closed Thread