Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 08:33 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Wink OP Tuesday!!!

getting the thread started
bbiam
Old 06-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking It's Gonna Be A Day That's POP!!!

Ok, how are we all today? I want to challenge us all to see if, all at the same time, we can have a POP day. Do you think we can do it? And if you already strayed before you read this, well, just hop right back on and we'll count it. I bet we can really do this, and I bet that some people that are struggling can use this as a jumpstart.

I was looking over the messenging thread, and it seems to me that we're all at least on Yahoo. I know that Yahoo is the only one I can be on, but it looked to me like everyone else at least had a yahoo messenger, so following Kierie's idea, some night we'll have to do a YM chat (for those of us with computers at home).

So in the immortal words (again) of Kier, if you forgot your pompoms, you'll just have to shake the ones God gave you today as you go about your POP day!

(I feel like a coach!)

Love, Jayne

By the way, I managed to bike 8 miles yesterday...I completely rock!!! (and I just broke my arm patting myself on the back...)
Old 06-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning ladies! I was home faking sick yesterday so that I could spend the day with Dh and the irony of the situation is that today I feel horrible. My head is killing me and the whole sinus allergy thing is completely intolerable. Needless to say I just wanted to pop on and say

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KIERI!!!

I seriously think I am headed home for the day. There is no way I can tolerate work today. Sorry to be a downer on your super pumped up day Jayne. I won't tell you about my wknd I would hate to change the tone! Talk to you later!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:01 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Good morning girls! Well, I feel good today Jayne and I think that your plan is a good one. I aim to be at about 25-26 points and go to the gym at lunch - also get in ALL my water (I have been really bad about that lately).

Yay on the 8 miles!!!

Becky - sorry you are feeling crappy - that has happened to me before - but mostly when I stay home when I feel tired out - the next day I come down with something! Yikes. Hope you feel better.

Well, the spa was awesome - it was over 2.5 hours of pampering - My nails and toes look good and the best part is, my feet arent cracked and scaley anymore. I have really dry skin and my feet get even worse - so the pedicure is nice....it wasn't cheap but it was a good time and very nice spa - the Stillwater at the Hyatt!

Well, I better get to work - I'll check in to see how it goes - I'll also check out the rest of yestrday's posts as I didn't have any time to read them!

BBL!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:16 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

I'm loving the Yahoo IM idea. Too bad I don't have a computer at home - maybe CB will let me use his laptop.

Jayne - you rock girlfriend! 8 miles on the bike? I'm so impressed I can't sit on a bike seat for 1 mile much less 8 - my rear gets too sore.

Becky - hope you feel better babe. At least if you leave work today, they won't doubt that you were ill yesterday.

Belle - sounds like your spa time was wonderful. I'm so glad you had that chance to be pampered - you've been so busy that a little relaxation was in order.

Well, all your encouragement to stay on track worked yesterday. I was POP for day 4. I was also a water drinking fool - 136 oz. Yowza!

I'm up for Jayne's POP challenge. I do have to warn you though that I might not sound OP - we are going out to dinner tonight so I'll be eating high points - but it is planned for and I figure if I stick to my plan it still counts as being OP.

CB was so cute about asking me to go out to dinner this evening. We ate in all weekend (never happens) and I cooked OP meals each night and told him the points of everything. Sunday night he tells me that he wants to be supportive and that he loves my cooking but that he still would really like to take me out to dinner one night during the week and if we planned on Tuesday would that give me enough time to plan my points for it and oh btw I could choose any restaurant that I wanted if it would make eating OP easier. I almost laughed out loud - the poor boy was trying so hard to avoid saying or doing the wrong thing! What a sweetie.

Well, must work.

Laura
Old 06-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls! I'm up for the perfectly OP day b/c man have a sugar hangover
My sis made my bday cake. . .white cake 2 layers of jam and a white choc pudding banana and strawberry filling she even whipped th whipped cream icing herself color her martha sans indictment

food was a bit lax yesterday but I'm back on the bike (recumbent that is) today and READY TO KICK SOME OP ARSE! grrrr etc
Becky honey go home if anyone questions it just say your 24 hour thing was a 48
Jayne I just love you woman! Move to JERSEY! also you can do aol instant messenger from the aol website so maybe you can try that its an applet thingie (God I am SOOO technical)
Belle That spa sounds like a slice of heaven I ahve dry skin too
Laura CB rocks! Bf does similar things for our dinner on Wednesday he's like Can you eat seafood? I love supportive boys!
Gotta Run make breakfast humanize (i'm alien atthe moment) and head to PT
Love
KIER
Old 06-10-2003, 12:50 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning!!
Laura - CB is the GREATEST! what a supportive guy.
Jayne - I'll work on the POP day just to join the rest of you. Good idea.
Becky - Hope you're feeling better!
Belle - Sounds like a great time at the spa. I hope you're wearing sandals to show off those pampered tootsies.
Kier - sounds like a yummy cake. what a great sister.

I didn't get in a walk yesterday on lunch because I have to write an essay for a scholarship and I wanted to start brainstorming. I MUST go today. I'm pround of myself last night though, I've been so tired lately that I eat at night and yesterday I managed to tell myself that I wasn't hungry, I was just tired and I didn't eat a thing after 6pm. I hope I can keep that up cause the night binging has been killing me.
BBL
KT
Old 06-10-2003, 12:56 PM   #8  

Hey girls,

I wish I had time to post properly, and go back and read all the posts I've missed but.....Happy birthday to those who've celebrated recently!

I need to recommit myself to this, I am thinking about how much time I've wasted and it makes me feel sick. I just need a little discipline and self-control. I need to do this. I wish the dying to be thin part of my brain could be introduced to the wanting to eat all the time part of my brain - oh, and the lets sit on the couch all day long part of my brain too.

I'll have to update my sig - finally had the nerve to weigh in this morning and am up 5.5 lbs, Ugh. Well, I do have a goal in sight though, a few friends are renting a beach house the first week in September, so I have about 10 weeks to get these lbs off and get my drooping *** back in shape. I don't even care about the number on the scale so much, I am more disappointed at how I've let myself go. Yeah, I can squeeze myself into *some* of the things I wore last year, but I am a flabby mess. No muscle tone to speak of, and there's no way I could go out and run a few miles at this point. Anyway, sorry to rant so much about me, I swear I'm going to be around again like I used to be
Old 06-10-2003, 01:32 PM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Hey friends, I had a crappy week last week-ate out way too much but luckily last night at WI I was only up 0.2lb. I'm was totally OP yesterday & I have today all planned out. It is my DH's bday today & we're going to go out for supper but it will be good b/c I already have my points all planned out. Anyway I need to go get ready for work. Sorry no time to respond properly. I hope you all have a super OP day
Closed Thread