Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 09:25 AM   #76  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Ruth,
Great going on the A You must have loved having the whole family together on the 4th. That should be a great photo.

Terri,
That's so sad about your sister's dog. We love them so much, they really are family. The gold mine sounds cool. Yeah, right, leave the kids to go gamble? NOT!

Es,
Don't you love being tan? I'm cautious, and use sunscreen all the time, but still manage to get a good one. Very cool about your brother's new pool, they must be thrilled. I know that ours was worth every penny.

Yesterday we celebrated my SIL's bday by going to the horse races, then out to dinner. After that we all ended up having a late night swim. The kids were at our house after spending the day swimming; we cranked up the stereo, lit the torches, and had a blast.

Joe shaved off his mustache! I have never seen him without it; we met when I was 18 and he was 19..he had it then. Lately he's mentioned that in photos it looked white..I had to tell him it IS white
He didn't say a word to anyone, but waited to see if they noticed. Jessica was talking to him last night, and suddenly screamed and began laughing/crying, she was so shocked. It was too funny.
Now I have to get used to kissing a clean-shaven guy

I hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend! Hi to Dianne, Zoe, Janie

~Jen
Old 07-06-2003, 06:56 PM   #77  

Thumbs down

Hi

Jen, how daring of Joe. I have never seen Pete without his mustache. Does he look younger? Sounds like you guys had alot of fun yesterday. That's nice to let loose & have a blast.

We went to the beach today. It was very nice. I wore my old bathing suit. It's still in good shape but I want a new one. A sexy one.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,
Es
Old 07-06-2003, 07:41 PM   #78  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
YES ! Joe looks 10 years younger. A total change, but a good one
I've got 3 bathing suits; ever since we got the pool, I've bought a new one each year. Since I swim daily, and due to the cholorine, I definitely need more than 1. This year's I got at TJ Maxx for $29.99 and I love it!

This afternoon we were in the pool when a huge storm blew up. I insisted that everyone get out and into the house and I'm glad I did....we had hail the size of golf balls. I have never seen it that large before. Unfortunately my car was damaged, as was Joe's van. After counting more than 22 dents on the hood alone, I was too depressed to continue. I'm guessing a lot of insurance agents will be receiving calls tomorrow.
Quite a bit of the garden was damaged....peppers knocked off the plants...whole branches torn off the tomato plants. It was one of those times that all the neighbors are out up and down the block, assessing damage and commiserating. Looks like a war zone and only a thunderstorm. I can't imagine what people go thru with tornadoes and hurricanes.

Have a great Sunday evening!
~Jen
Old 07-06-2003, 07:47 PM   #79  

Exclamation

Jen, thank God everybody is alright. I would have been a nervous wreck. So sorry there were damages.

Old 07-07-2003, 08:44 AM   #80  

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. I did not want to go to school this morning, but here I am anyway. I spent the day cleaning Saturday (aren't you suppose to clean the day before people come to visit?). Anyway, my kitchen floors look so nice and so does my husbands shower.

JEN, so sorry for the damage to your car. If at all possible have it repaired by PDR, paintless dent repair. My daughter just bought a used car that was repaired the old fashion way with bondo. Well, they must not have used a sealer with it and now the roof and hood of the car have places coming through were the bondo is. It caused the paint to fade in those sections. She plans on painting it, but we had to replace the air conditioning first. With three babies you have to have air down in here in the south.

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time with the pool. I own two bathing suits, but I never go swimming. I bought both of them while on vacation, wore them once and now they are both in a dresser drawer.

ES, You are still doing so good with the weight loss. Congrats. I've gained some back and just can't seem to get back on track. I'm still walking, but I need to quit eating so dang much. Most of the eating has come from nervous eating, school and having my daughter move back home with her children. Oh well, I haven't given up!!

TERRI, sorry to hear about your sister's dogs. Maybe she should get another one before something happens to the other two. When do you guys leave Colorado, I love hearing about all your adventures. We are still waiting for pictures.

ES, when are you going to send me those photos?

Well, I'm going to order breakfast and then study awhile before class.

Talk to you girls later,
Ruth
Old 07-07-2003, 11:02 AM   #81  

Jen,
Sorry about the damage. That hail can be so bad. Weather is amazing. It can change so fast.
Bruce has never shaved his mustache either. Don't know how I would react. Joe must look so cute.

Ruth,
I will send pictures as soon as Bruce gets them loaded on my pc at home. Guess what, we are going to try White Water rafting.
I was to scared last year.
Hope you fared well in class. Good job on going.

Es,
Glad you had fun at the beach.

Hollywood and singers are dropping like flies:
Gregory Peck, Katherine Hepburn, Buddy Hackett, Barry White and Buddy Ebsen.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 07-07-2003, 12:33 PM   #82  

Hi Ruth,
Congrats on the A in accounting. What are you taking this session? I bet is was great having the whole family thre for the 4th.

Terri,
I love white water rafting. Steve and I used to white water canoe BC (Before Child). We were actually quite good, we even entered and won a canoe race. So sorry to hear about your SIL's puppies. I know how attached I am to my fat grumpy cat, Nicky. He's getting up there too (13).

Jen,
I remember when Steve shaved off his mustache (about 10 years ago). At first I didn't like it at all, and kept staring at him. I think I started to give him a complex, but now that I am used to it I like it better. I never really liked the way it would tickle my nose when we kissed.

Es,
Congrats on the weight loss and the tan. I usually just freckel.
although my arms are quite tan this year. Mostly from my walking every day.

Hi to Dianne and Zoe/Patti,

JanieD
Old 07-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #83  

Thanks Janie,
My sister feels so bad but she is staying in Fl. until Sat. She doesn't want to go home and see his grave. I am sending a card and a care package for her yorkies. They are precious. Abbey (The older yorkie) loved Scottie. She will miss him. She'd sleep on top of him. She will look for him when they go home and that will be sad. Scottie couldn't stand the 3 yr. old Georgie. She is ornery. Totally opposite of Abbey but she is also adorable. I hope they are all ok.
Your little Nicky sounds cute. I hate when they get old.

Terri
Old 07-07-2003, 04:05 PM   #84  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls,
We've got appts. to take the car and van in to a body shop tomorrow afternoon for estimates. Tomorrow morning a glass co. is coming to the house to replace both windshields. Nice way to spend Joe's vacation!

We purchased a new couch today Our home does not have a family room. As a result our living room takes quite a bit of wear and tear. Our old couch was a sleeper, which was useful in the past but now we've got the guest room. And it was 9 yrs. old, well past it's prime. We purchased a Lazy Boy recliner couch like we're 2 old farts. It's being delivered Wednesday

Ruth,
to me it looks as tho they should be able to pop out each little dent, the paint was not damaged, thank goodness. It'll be labor intensive, however, as there are so many! Don't beat yourself up....even if you're overeating a bit, at least you're exercising...walking is so important!

Terri,
white water rafting would be soo cool! I'd be a chicken....go for it!!!
wow, it sounds as tho all our guys had or have mustaches. I'm getting used to it. Kissing is definitely better I don't want him to regrow it.

Janie,
wow you must have had a blast rafting! Our first date was canoing and we still stayed together.

have a great day, everyone.
~Jen
Old 07-08-2003, 07:28 AM   #85  

Good morning guys

I'm up early - couldn't sleep thinking about the little bed and breakfast getaway today. I had my son's 3 kids overnight - my daughter-in-law wanted to leave the baby too, but I didn't think that would work out without her being here. He's only 18 mos. old and doesn't know us like the other 3 do. It was fun, we took them to the park and McDonald's, etc., but I was happy to take them back to her last night - whew - it was exhausting.

The 4th was great, we went to the beach and then that evening we went to Willie's old job site and watched the Macy's fireworks from the roof of the building - it was spectacular!

Jen - so sorry to hear about the storm and the damage to your car. Wow, we get a lot of rain, but I haven't seen a storm like that in a while, how scary. Thank God you got out of the pool and no one was hurt. Too funny about the "mustached" husbands we all seem to have. Willie too has a mustache, and sometimes talks about shaving it but I won't allow it He looks like a shaved body part - I won't mention which body part

Terri - sorry to hear about your sister's dog - so sad after all those years as part of her family. White water rafting is soooooooo cool, we did it with the kids and loved it. Enjoy.

Es, amiga - So glad to hear you're still doing well. Get that sexy bathsuit mama! No, unfortunately, I will not be retiring for quite a while - I have about 12-15 years left But I'm glad for Willie - he wasn't enjoying his job anymore and they were talking about going on strike, etc. so I think with the package he received, it was the best time for him to leave.

Hey Ruth - congrats on your A girl! Can't wait to see those grandchildren's photo.

Hi Janie - those 2 years did past quickly - seems like you've always been a part of us!

Hey ZoeGirl - how are you sweetie? How's the house coming along?

Well, let me go get last minute stuff ready. I'll probably not be back here until Friday or so. No computers at the lake! We plan on just "chillin" or so willie says, but knowing him, he'll look for some musical activity somewhere, lol. Have a great week everyone.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 07-08-2003 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:37 PM   #86  

Hey girls,

Decided to take a break from studying to say hello. I'm having to escape to the school library to get some quiet time!! I have a test tomorrow and I'm totally freaked about it. I should have studied more over the weekend.

Well, add my hubby to the list of mustached men. No wonder we all get alone so well.

I better get back to the books. I'll try to check in again soon.

Ruth
Old 07-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #87  

Dianne,
Have fun!!!!!! Sounds so nice. That little 18 mo. old will know you in no time and then he can stay. I'll bet you were exhausted.
Have fun at the B&B.

Ruth,
Good luck on that test. You'll do great.

Jen,
Have fun with the new furniture. Sounds wonderful.
Hope your cars turn out like new.
Remember to get up during commercials to go to the bathroom.
That recliner couch sounds so comfortable. ENJOY!!!!
Terri
Old 07-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #88  

Here is the photo I promised of my babies.

Left to right: Caylin holding Elijah, Brittany, Nicholas holding Dylan and Aliyah.

I'll catch up with everyone after my test tomorrow.

Good-nite
Ruth
Old 07-08-2003, 11:53 PM   #89  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
what cuties!!!!! well, except for Dylan not looking too happy! You have every reason to be proud of them, they're angels.

Dianne,
hope you're having a good time at the lake. Enjoy!

Terri,
very funny about the potty breaks you crack me up.

rain rain rain...we're in for more tomorrow. At least I'm saving $ by not having to water the gardens!

see you all tomorrow,
~Jen
Old 07-09-2003, 04:06 PM   #90  

Ruth,
Your grandchildren are soooooo cute. That is to cute with Dylan.
You will treasure that. Beautiful grandchildren.

Jen,
Enjoy that furniture today. I would sit in that recliner and enjoy BIG BROTHER. I bought the live feed 24/7. I know who got HOH.
It is so cool.
Terri

Going to the pool.
Closed Thread