Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 12:10 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Fabulous Friday!

Why is it Fabulous you ask?
well Let me tell you
Mom and Sis and Gramma Gave me an outfit for my Birthday to wear to a wedding on Sunday
very cute sleeveless vneck black dress w/ flowers and this cute flounce thing at the bottom
now I was a bit unsure of trying it on b/c its asize 16 not only do i fit in it I have room to move!!
and i have tis cute cardigan with crochet cuff
I love my day!
on a freaky note we have the DIY channel
and the queen of clean has a show ( i read her book talking dirty with the queen of clean) so i was psyched
till shes in the garage with some guy talking about cleaning
and she says in this pseudo sexy voice "Talk dirty to me" I almost puked
shes like 60+! ewwwwww
ok anyway gnite girlies or is it good morning
Love
Kierie

Last edited by KO; 06-06-2003 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:48 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Kieri! Sorry you had to witness the queen of clean in such a state I am so glad the dress fits. You gotta love that! Your b-day is the 9th right???? BTW Good luck on those job possibilities that you posted about yesterday!

Last night was good and I got in a walk after work. It was such a dreary day here and then about 6:30pm the sun came out and it was beautiful. Today is nice to 75 is the high and it is sunny!!! I am hoping to get outside a bit. DH and I are looking at the house at 3 so I have a short day ahead of me! I mananged to reverse bank enough and exercise so that I made up the pts I was over on Wed. so that is good. Other than that nothing new here.

How is everyone????

Belle ~ How was Cirque Du Soleil???

BBL
Old 06-06-2003, 08:51 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Kieri~ Checked you profile and it IS Monday! That is what I thought. I amaze myself when my memory actually works
We were born in the same year and everything! I didn't realize our b-days were THAT close! Ok just thought I would share my thoughts on that
Old 06-06-2003, 09:46 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie - How wonderful about the dress! I'll bet you look mahvelous, simply mahvelous, in it.

Becky - I'm so excited for you about the house. You must keep us posted on the house hunting progress. How far do you walk when you go outside? Do you have trouble keeping up the pace (I do)?

Sorry for disappearing for a couple days - work was busy. Guess what?? Wednesday night we bought a treadmill - Finally! We're having a little trouble getting it to the house though - delivery from the store takes about 3 weeks (too long!) so we're trying to find a friend with a decent sized vehicle this weekend to pick it up.

I started WW again today. Well, I'm doing it at home. Don't have the money (treadmill) at the moment. I'm keeping myself accountable by posting my weigh-in's on the refrigerator. CB saw it this morning and said "Wow - do you know that you weigh more than me?" I knew that but I didn't really care to be reminded!!!! Oh well, the man is perfect 80% of the time, I can't get upset if he's a GUY the other 20%.

I also posted my weight stats in my signature again. I'd taken them out because it depressed me that the number was only going up but I figure putting them back in will help keep me accountable.

I also created an exercise schedule for the next month. I put that on the refrigerator too - I know CB will tease me (nicely) if I start to slack off. Right now it is set-up for 1 long and 1 short yoga practice, 2 LBWO's, 2 UPWO's, 4-5 short cardios and 1 long cardio, and Ab's about 5 days a week.

Speaking of working out, I did a new Firm tape today that I borrowed from the library. It was their short Cardio Sculpt from last year's 6 pack. OMG - I thought I was going to die!!!! It was really hard. But a lot of fun and I can't wait to try it again.

I don't have my exercise points slider with me today. Can anyone tell me how many AP's I earned for 156lbs, 45 minutes, high exertion? TIA.

Boy, am I chatty Kathy. Hope you are all having a good day. What are you doing this weekend?

Laura
Old 06-06-2003, 10:01 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls its a GORGEOUS Day so I'm airing out the house going to clean this AM and get the bleep out of dodge this afternoon Maybe I can covince my sis to take the pups to the park or at least i can go
Laura I weigh More than bf who is a foot taller than me
BUT not for long and neither willyou
Grace I'm hopping up and Down for you and dh with the house
Old 06-06-2003, 10:29 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Ladies! I also disappeared for a few days, was having some really bad stomach pain so was in the hospital to get it scoped and found out there is a bacterial infection in my tummy -- well no wonder! So it's getting better every day... As far as on my birthday, I did take the day off with no serious repercussions. I felt like crap the whole day, discovered the fries now taste like salty cardboard to me and that chocolate chip cookies are overly-sweet and greasy. I really just lost my taste for all of it, and i'm really happy about that.

I'm trying to catch up on back posts, but everyone -- fill me in on what's going on in your lives. I'm anxious to hear!!

Love, Jayne
Old 06-06-2003, 11:30 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

OK I am avoiding work right now so I though I would post I am so tired of the stress level at this place being so extreme. Uhhh! I love my job but it realy wears on you. Anyways, the good news is my boss didn't bring in doughnuts, Yay!! I had one worked into my daily pts but now I will have some extra pts to spare. They brought in bagels but they were oniony and all we have is hazelnut cream cheese. Is it just me or is that a weird combo??? No one else seemed to mind.

Laura~ Last night I walked about 2.5 miles which is not a lot but it felt so good to be out in nice weather. As far as the pace, yes I have some trouble keeping it up b/c I kind of escape myself, if that makes any sense. It is a total stress reliever for me. I did however get a pedometer that has music that will speed up when you go faster or slow down when you slow so I should use that feature. Good luck with the treadmill. As far as CB, DH was a bit shocked at my weight just b/c he didn't think I weighed as much as I did. Men have no concept of girls weights.

Kier- Thanks for the support about the house. I will fill you guys in either this wknd or Monday. Have fun walking the dogs. It is days like this that I wish I had a dog to walk.

Jayne~ I am glad that you are feeling better. I cannot imagine CC cookies tasting bad. Hmmm what an intersting concept.

Well my work is piling up and God knows I don't need more hassles today so I will BBL!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie - I love the way the house smells when you throw open the windows on a sunny day. Yum!

Jayne sweetie - sounds pretty serious if you had to make a trip to the hosiptal. Hope they gave you something to help and that you feel better soon. I wish I could lose my taste for French Fries - I could eat them everyday!

Come out and play everyone!

Laura
Old 06-06-2003, 11:37 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ I meant to tell you that the workout earned you 6-7 pts. It is right on the line but I would go for 7! You deserve it! Oh and do you consider WATP for abs 3miles Moderate or a bit b/w mod and high? Just curious?
Old 06-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls! I'm back. Thanks to a miracle we managed to get our computer functioning again Anyway right now I've no time to post proper. I am struggling with my eating again. I was over points the last two days. Last week I was over for three days in a row & ended up gaining one a WI. Argh, O welljust keep on working at it right? I'm a little frustrated b/c I hurt my achilles tendon last week & so haven'y really been able to exercise either. Did any of you see Oprah the other day when they were talking abour diabetes etc? Bob Greene her fitness was on & he was talking about how we all over complicate weight loss. He said what it basically comes down to is: EAT LESS, MOVE MORE! I thought what a good way to put it! It sounds achievable when you say it like that! He said eventually you need to look at what kind of fuel you're giving your body but to start out with just concentrate on achieving eating less & moving more. Makes sense to me. Anyway gotta run. Hopefully I'll be back later.

btw Becky-that is a very weirtd bagel-cc combo!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:56 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Morning all. I forgot to eat breakfast again this morning. Of course, I don't want to pass out so I picked up a scone - YIKES! Points are so high for those. This weekend will get me back on track and started again. My friend's cat got out so I was at her house late trying to find her to bring her in (after watching Amazing Race - Rina - did you watch?) and that got me home pretty late. I can't wait to go home and sleep tonight. I might even take a nap before I start cleaning just to catch myself up. I realized last night that I haven't been home other than to sleep since last Wednesday night. I've got to go lock my car but I'll be back to reply in a bit.
KT
Old 06-06-2003, 12:56 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Rina! Good to see you back. KOKO and you'll be fine.

Becky - Rina's right - very strange bagel combo. I like to walk outside but always daydream and end up going slow so I don't dare use it as my main work-out. Thanks for the points info - you made my day - I had no idea it would be that many APs! I've never tried WATP for Abs so I don't know how to advise you. I do the first WATP series and count the 3 mile there as moderate.

Jess or Jayne - have you ever done WATP Abs? If so, how do you count it?

Laura
Old 06-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

onion bagels and hazelnut cC don't mix.
I couldnt convince my sis about the dogs but I have the house thrown open wooohoooo
Jayne I can't wait till i get to where FF taste like cardboard!
do you have H pylori? (bacteria) I hear broccoli helps with that actually
WB Rina! I know i saw a bob greene special on Oprah a while back not sure which one tho
my new mantra when looking at food is
Do I want to wear that on my hips?
mmmm usual answer is No
alright back to cleaning!
Any1 got a chainsaw?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

OK, I came back to say hi to everyone. I also just found out my car is ready to be picked up which means no AC for the weekend. That sucks cause it's going to get up to 32 (I don't know what that is stateside - but it's HOT!)
Kier - I have no chainsaw. Is that how you are cleaning?
Becky - that sounds like the strangest bagel combination ever. I'm glad you didn't try it.
Laura - Yay for the treadmill!! I think more and more about getting one. Maybe one day...
Rina - This weekend I will try that whole eat less, move more thing. Hopefully it will work. Who's your favourite so far on AR? I like Millie.
OK so we get really busy and then have no one in the office and it's like a graveyard. The graduation ceremonies are just outside my building and every few minutes you hear clapping and cheering and they start and finish with bagpipes (which I love) So it's a good day. And it's friday. It's never ending good.
KT
Old 06-06-2003, 02:54 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Becky: Where do you find a pedometer that plays music according to your speed? Sounds interesting.

Kier: You must take photos of you in the fab-sounding dress!

Anyone want to walk my dogs? It's such a chore taking them both for a walk. They pull me all over the place and I always get the comment from passersby: "So who's walking who?" I tell you, walking them is a good arm workout because I'm holding the leashes so tightly.

So I've even better all week but I still feel like a slug. I think the exercise might really be the key. I haven't been motivated to go to the gym but I think I'll go tonight.

Jayne: Wish I would lose my taste for french fries. At least some good will come out of being ill!

Hi also to KT, Laura, Rina and anyone else out there ...
Closed Thread