Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Ladystarrider, I'm sending : that the doctors will be able to help you reduce your headaches. I'm also sending a because you are doing so well with your weight while dealing with a medical issue.

Life4evr, hmmmm. I'd love to help. Do you eat dinner at work and then eat lunch somewhere in the middle of the night? Then eat breakfast when you wake up about two o'clock or so? I'm making up a schedule for you, but if you do the above, I would start tracking with my breakfast when I wake up on Monday, (let's say). Then have dinner at work continuing to track. Then have lunch in the middle of the night, still tracking. Then I'd go home, get some sleep, and start tracking again at breakfast on Tuesday.
Is this as clear as mud? Would that work? I'm not quite sure how often you get breaks at work. I do know lots of working people pack a bag of meals for the day at work. That whole cooler could be counted out and tracked even before you went to work. It could all be controlled that way.

Big Momma, glad you are finding the site helpful. We all do our best to offer support.

I had a gain this week----small, but not fun. I'm eating very well throughout the week but it seems that I will have to cut back more. I know I can do this and I am determined to do so.
Onward and downward!!!!
Judy
234.6/200/180's and lighter
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #32  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I have a plan that may work. I am going back or close to the old Core plan where I lost 25# in one year and it felt good. My adaptation will be to add one serving of bread a day. For those who didn't join WW's when Core was in place, it avoids most processed foods and allows "healthy carbs" such as potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, etc. Pretty much that's it. I had gotten away from the Fiber One type of snacks, etc. so I'm hoping this will allow a weight loss that I am seeking.

Best of everything to us all. Onward and downward! We can do this!!
:
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - Hope you are all doing well & staying warm, very cold here today

I was down 2.2# this week so was super happy with that & this week my
goal is to stay on plan and do my walking tape 3x

Judy - Good luck on going back to core, I never really did that plan.
But whatever works is good. I need portion control and to know exactly how many points I am using. Even this zero points fruit/veggie thing I find unnerving - I usually have 2 fruits max daily.

You speak of different strategies - this week I made it a "policy" to eat only
fruit/coffee in the car (no other snacks) I have a commute to work and was eating junk in the car at times. So I think this helped & I got in my fruit everday.

Once again the weekend is here & gets extra challenging for us.
Tonight I have a games night & we are to bring a snack to share
Am taking whole wheat tortillas & making light cream cheese mixed with shrimp, cheese, veggie dip and you spread it out on a pizza plate and layer & it ends up looking like pizza. It is super good & not too bad for party food.

All - good luck
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #34  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, weigh to go!!! :
Oh, you must feel so great knowing you can do this. I am so happy for you!
That is a great weight loss and puts you closer to another decade down. Yay! Being careful with what you eat in your car is a very smart thing. Glad you had good results.

My "new plan" seems to be working too. I'm slightly increasing my protein, and cutting back on bread. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. My WI is on Wednesdays and I have had a weight loss, so now I need to keep it off for Wed. Then onward and downward.

: for us all!
Judy
234.6/thinner at next WI/ feeling good
Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #35  

Thanks Judy - your encouragement is awesome, you are our team
cheerleader for sure.

Glad your new plan is working - so keep it going and you will have a great week. Wonder why bread is sooooooo good? Actually there isn't much taste but we all love it so much. Maybe because we grew up with basically sandwiches only for lunch & bread on the table every meal. Not sure
but seems it is the hardest thing for people to control.
But now most people are having healthier versions of it (most of the time)

Games night was fun and my dip went over great - not a drop leftover
So was happy with that. I did well there, didn't do much snacking
Just abit of my dip, some pineapple pieces and a handful of pretzels.

Hey Princess - how are you doing?

All - it is still super cold here, so hope wherever you are it is warmer
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals

Hope all are well! Computer is broken so have been missing checking in!!
Still here haven't been sleeping great, feeling stressed at work and not exercising!!!!! Ya I know the first 2 problems would resolve if I worked on the 3rd!!!!!!!

So still hanging in!!!1

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #37  
Chick

Bandit, great work at the night out. We can do it when we really plan and prepare. You rock!

Terri, glad to hear from you. I'm sending : the stress goes away.

Today is going to be a good day.
Judy
Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #38  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

S/C/G: 220/206/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey Turtles!

Super excited for all the strategies...I am up a pound...but my clothes seem looser...I think it is time to check measuring my inches.

Have a great week!
BigMomma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #39  
Chick

Yes, Big Momma, I think it's a great idea to take your measurements. You are very close to onederland and that will be so much fun. If your clothes are looser, that means something is happening that is good. Weigh to go.

I've had a very good week so far. Tomorrow is my challenge day since I WI on Wednesdays. Please send me good vibes to keep this going.

Judy
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. So I got a little pop from weight watchers telling me I am loosing weight too fast. Not surprised I dropped about 3# alone this week. Work is fine they are trying to kill me. I am switching to full time. So my full time schedule starts tommorrow.

Itryharder I always pack a lunch. Now I may or may not eat during my shift. Things can get busy and food gets forgotten. I try to at least eat my snack I packed. Doesn't always work though.

Who needs a gym when you work nights. Alot of walking. So I am going to roll with this until my body adjusts to everything. Hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #41  
Chick

Hey Life4evr, you're doing great. Yeah, you're right. Who needs a gym when you walk all night at work. So happy for you . Keep it up.
Judy
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #42  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Big Momma, Ladystarrider, Monica, and all our pals: Bandit, Princess, Terri,
Life4evr, Cherry, and all of us. I finally had a good WI this morning and I am so pleased. : I'm not saying this week was easy, but it doesn't have to be easy; it just has to work. I used filling foods this week and gave myself one serving of bread a day. I have felt for a long time that by fooling around with my 26 points plus and eating 3 servings of bread a day that I would get nowhere. The thought of breaking my "love relationship" with bread was daunting, so then I thought hey, I can have bread but just a bit. Now I start my day with egg and bread, but if I want a sandwich then I save the bread for lunch. Today I had oatmeal and added in an egg white, blueberries and a splash of milk. I am so pleased with this loss and I am even tempted to get on the Lol.

Okay, sending : to us all from someone who had almost given up hope of ever losing a pound again.
Love,
Judy
234.6/196.8/180's and thinner
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #43  

Morning turtles:

Judy - I think you have a great statedgy for the bread. I also overdo
the bread and by only having it at either meal, that is a good thing to try
And your weight loss this week is absolutely fabulous.

I was down 1# this week, so happy with that.

Life - you are also having big losses, so good for you and getting in lots of walking is always a good thing. Keep up the good work

Bigmomma - every success counts. So clothes being looser is super exciting.
Whenever I put on pants that are no longer tight, really gives me the boost I
need to stay on track

Princess - OK, where are you? We miss you.

All - have another great week and remember we only fail when we stop trying.
Anything positive we do today is better than before.
So if you are not feeling enthused - start right now and do something good
for yourself. Be it tracking, drinking more water, preparing a good
healthy meal and lets everyone go for a walk no matter how small.
Babysteps!

Lets go!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #44  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I love your inspiring messages. You're really making this work.
Thanks for the kind words. I am making power foods work. Holding my bread to one selection a day makes me really think before I eat.

Onward and downward everyone!!!!
Judy
234.6/196.8/180's and thinner
Old 02-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone. So I have been spending the past two days resting before I start my three 12. So I have realized that my body doesn't like greasy food anymore. I tired to have something that was kind of greasy but my stomach did not like it at all. Hope everyone is well. Can't keepy my eyes open anymore.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote