Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit, I like your plan. It makes the most sense.

Here in the states, WW is opening new "stores" and our center will move to another local space. Change isn't fun and some of the girls in our group are going to go to another WW center. For almost a month we didn't even know if our leader would be the leader in the new store. Turns out she will be, but there was a lot of stress about what WW is doing. Hey, I understand there will not be a wall between the meeting room and where people can come in an dWI and buy foods. I'm not happy about the idea because of loss of privacy----we say an awful lot of things at our meeting that I wouldn't want just anyone to hear. WW's explanation is that if a member comes in to WI and hears something good going on in the mtg. they might just pull up a chair and stay. They have statistics that members who stay and get involved in a meeting maintain a better weight loss. WEll, we'll see how this all works out. I am very happy my leader will be there . She is very caring and a good role model.

Big Momma, love that you are getting exercise and that you're doing this with your mom as a buddy. Weigh to go! You are so close to onederland and You'll be there as you keep on treating yourself right. :

It's the weekend. We can do this!!
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #17  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Progress

Hello, I'm checking in. I am following WW Online, and my wi day is and always has been Saturday. I think I will stick with that, which is why I didn't post on the other thread this past week. I don't want to obsess over the scale too much, so I avoid it the rest of the time.

I only had one serious challenge this week, and that was a planning lunch out with our pastor at McAlister's Deli. I didn't give myself adequate time to plan my order before we went, and prior experience told me it would be 'deadly' if I wasn't careful. So I ordered the chicken caesar salad with the dressing on the side. I immediately set the dressing aside, and became so involved in the conversation I didn't realize the salad itself was already bathed in dressing! I had already skipped breakfast (foolish, I know) because of oversleeping, so I was hungry enough to eat the whole salad. I checked the online menu and calculated the points when I got home...22 points for a salad! Ugh!

Then Thursday night my small group met at a Pizza King for dinner. Let's just say I used every extra point this week. But the story has a happy ending ... I lost 3 pounds! Lesson learned. Progress, not perfection.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone I am back again. I have had a crazy week so my eating has been all over the place. So I was offered a weekend position at a nursing home which I took, its easier to get a full time postion with your foot in the door. Not to mention my home healt job offered me a couple of shifts during the week.

I am going to be missing next week. I start orientation on the floor on Monday. I am not a morning person and I am doing two of days. The rest are nights which I am fine with.

Hope everyone is well. Have a good evening.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #19  
Chick

Oh Life4evr!!!! I knew you'd get a job. Weigh to go. I am so happy for you. Okay, get your training in and then come back to let us know how you're doing. Good for you!

Ladystarrider, so glad to see your post. You're doing great! How wild that you lost weight using the extra points plus. WW really works for you. and I don't blame you about obsessing about the scale. If you'd like you can post your mid-week WI results on Sat. or just ignore the group WI altogether. Whichever you think would be more beneficial. You're doing so well. Good for you!

Having a good weekend here. Dh and I went to fabric store and I bought the fabrics I need to make my dd a baby quilt. She is due in April and knows it is a little girl, so I am so excited. I'm making an "I Spy" quilt which has 200 hexagons of different features______a snowman, a stop sign, a squirrel, etc, a flower-----they are bordered by pink triangles and stitched together to make a quilt. The backing is pale beige with pink and deeper pink roses and I really am excited to get cracking on this.

Food has been good even though I've been hungry. I am so determined to make this work! Good luck to us all.

Chime in when you can and keep the up too along with the good OP food,
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner to goal
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Judy - glad to hear your food has been good and you must be so excited with another grandchild on the way, nice you are crafty and can make special keepsakes for them.

Ladystarrider - welcome to our group and hope you are finding information here helpful. Nice job on your weight loss!

Life - congrats on the job situation, such good news

Princess - how are you doing?

Terri - you staying warm? Ready for the superfreeze coming Tues?
Apparently it is suppose to be -20 by then, and that is friggin cold.

Well, I did my walking tape Fri and then yesterday the vcr wouldn't work,
so that made me all crazy to be all dressed for working out and then not being able to but after going to ww centre and transferring there I went shopping and found the same tape on dvd for $5 and was very happy about that.
With vhs going out, I don't want to buy another one unless I see one super cheap somewhere.
But you know when the vcr wouldn't work I got so worked up and negative about: why is everything so difficult and challenging when I am trying to do better and even shopping having to read & check everything. But then I but it into perspective and realize things happen, get over it and move on.

So lets all do what we can, when we can and make the best choices under whatever circumstances we find ourselves in.

Hope your weekend was fab!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I have been off 3chicks for some time; started WW on January 2. Does anyone combine WW with low carb? I have always had more success with low carb diets. When I look up the plus points for many proteins, I am disappointed........anyone feel the same? and, if so, what are you doing to combine the two eating styles?
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all. The scale is still way up but at least I am back to counting points and doing my home exercises. Still struggling though and see how far up the scale is a large hurdle to get over... ugh.

Super cold here 4 degrees... oh well, spring will be here soon right?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #23  
Chick

Monica M to our group. I try and combine WW and low carbs since I know, even though I crave carbs, that I lose much better with a low number of them. I try very hard not to get too bent out of shape with WW's points plus for protein, etc. I must admit it's hard to do that. I'm sending : that you work something out. To combine the two eating styles, I just go as low carb as I can (which isn't very), count in the points and move on.

Bandit, sometimes everything goes wrong and it's frustrating. I agree that the best thing to do is to shake it off and move on. Easier said than done, but I love your attitude. You are doing this!

Princess, good to have you back. I'm in the same boat you're in. Actually my boat is a little leakier since I regained more than you did even when I was trying so hard to lose more. All I can say is that we, the Turtles, will prevail as we keep on working the program, staying OP, and exercising within our abilities. we can do this. I guess in the long run it's not what we were......it's what we are now and what we want to obtain.

Hey, I went to see Jersey Boys with dh last night. Oh my goodness, it was wonderful. So much singing and harmony and a fast moving plot. I loved it.

Okay, we can do this. If you're participating in the challenge, today is WI day. Good luck!!!
Judy
234.6/getting there
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #24  

Morning, turgles

Monica - welcome to our fabulous group of ladies, am sure you will fit right in. I am also on ww and if I keep on the programme it works.
I find I have to measure/weigh things (especially meat) to really do well.
If I eyeball things, they seem to get bigger very quickly.
So, for me portion control & tracking is key. Good luck

Princess - You are on the back on the right track & that is what we all need for success. So glad you back with us.

Judy - I seen Jersey Boys a couple of years ago with my dd and it was
great. Really enjoyed the music.

So, since my ww day is now Sat a.m. - I will post my results at that time.

Good luck, everyone
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #25  

Ok, too early for typing

I know you all know I meant Turtles :-)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #26  

Hi ladies - I ended up going to ww yesterday and was down 1# this week,
so was happy to see the scale go in the right direction

Boy, we got a ton of snow yesterday - so today will be getting in lots of exercise shovelling my driveway, it usually takes me almost 2 hours to do it all. But it is nice & sunny which will make it more enjoyable.

So, with changing centres & ww day I got to listen to a different leader
which was nice. I love my regular one but still sometimes change is good
and listening to new people sometimes gives us some new perspective on things.
Made a beef stew yesterday and it was just what I needed with it being
so cold out.

Anyway, hope everyone is staying warm and I know Terri is also deep in
snow.

Have a good Saturday
Old 01-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, : weigh to go! I am so glad you headed the scale in the right direction! Good for you. I made stew this week too. It was delicious and is my favorite cold weather meal.

Turtles, hope everyone is doing well. We had a light snow last night, but it is very cold----at least for us.

I'm doing well and looking forward to a good WI this week.
Judy
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #28  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Cool Onward

Happy Saturday, Turtles!
I had a good week and the scale is up a half pound. Not too concerned because today I weighed in much later in the day than usual. Happy to still be down since the beginning.
I have a health challenge, a skull based tumor/mass/lesion (whatever!) that the doctors have not yet identified. After 2 MRI's and visiting with both a vascular surgeon and a doctor of oncology/radiology, there is still no clear diagnosis. It is either a cavernous meningioma or a cavernous hemangioma. I will see a neurosurgeon this week to see if he can shed some light on what he thinks it is.
The real issue is constant headaches that nothing seems to help, expect Vicodin. I don't want to spend my days in a fog from that! Hard to get much exercise when your head hurts. I am hopeful that if this thing can be taken care of that my headaches will stop getting in my way, if it is even the cause of them (and it may not be)!
Today I will walk the dog, pray for the best, and leave it in God's hands. One day at a time.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi Turtles doing a quick run through before I finish my nap and go back to work. So work hasn't affected my weight negatively. I do a lot of back and forth at the nursing home. Question I work 12 hr shifts 7p-7a. My question is what day do I track my meals both days? Thanks for the help hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #30  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

S/C/G: 220/206/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello Turtles!

Just finished reading all the posts and I just want you all to know the support we have here for all of us is so special. When I feel like giving in and losing control, I just check in with the group and feel like you are all with me.

I am praying for you ladystarrider. I am sending good vibes your way.
BigMomma135 is offline   Reply With Quote