Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #1  

Talking Yippeee You're all still here!!!

You guys cannot even imagine how happy I was when I peaked in at this sight and saw that not only were the night owls still here but PJ, Setina, Brenda, Judygal, and Suebee are all still here! I feel like I've come back home from a long trip! By the way, hahaha, this is Samantha....hopefully you guys might remember me. It's been about 2 years I think since I've been on this sight. I used to teach ballroom dancing, then broke my foot, I have a daughter who is seven now. Anyway, how is everyone?

Brenda...How are your girls? Getting big I bet. And are you still living on the East Coast (was it Maine?). I just read that Janessa had a baby!!! That's sooo awesome!

Judygal...I'm so glad to see you here. I think the last time I was on this sight you were dealing with some health issues and you weren't able to post much. I hope you're feeling good! You teach school right? My fiance is a 7th and 8th grade special ed. teacher.

PJ...Zany, wacky PJ! I'm glad to see you're around too! You always keep the boards fun. How are you kids? Is your husband still traveling a lot? Is your fibromayglia(sp) still bothering you? I just found out that I have TMJ which is giving me horrible headaches. I go on Monday and get a bite splint for it.

Setina...How are you!!! You were always my inspiration and I'm needing some inspiration now! How is work going? Way back when I think you were having problems. If they haven't gotten better in 2 years girl it's time to get a new job!! Hahaha

Suebee...I always loved your posts! How are you doing? I can't remember right off the bat...are you a nurse? I probably have that all wrong but hey it's been so long and I'm really raking my brain to remember all of this!

Well ladies I hope you will all let me come back into the nest, I've missed you!

Samantha
Old 01-24-2003, 10:09 AM   #2  

Oh my gosh, I just looked at the most recent thread and saw that Erica and CandiceJ are still here!!!! and Brenda mentioned Emmy too!! I'm doing a little dance of joy!!
Old 01-24-2003, 08:23 PM   #3  

Default Samantha oh my gosh!!

Ofcourse I remember you, wow is it good to have you back. I take it the ankle healed up properly? I moved from Maine back home to Massachusettes to be near my family after my divorce. Yes I am a grammy, can you believe it? Setina has been missing for awhile but I hope she comes back and says hi soon, I sure do miss her. Judygal has been gone for awhile due to medical problems and I am hoping she will show up soon for a visit. PJ has been missing for a bit and we are really worried about her. I am gonna copy this and move it to the thread, see you there.

Bren
Old 01-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Hey Samantha!!

Good to see your post. I mostly just lurk here now (at 3FC) as I am a regular poster at Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. I peek in here from time to time though.

I have TMJ also -- its not fun. Thank god mine isn't too bad though (I don't get headaches). Good luck with yours. I have a mouthgard for mine and paid a fortune for it (and don't even use it as much anymore...ggrrrrrr)

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

Tara

Last edited by Tara; 01-26-2003 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:04 AM   #5  

Tara,
It's so good to hear from you! I'm struggling quite a bit with the TMJ but I get my bite splint next week and I hope it helps with these stupid headaches. Yesterday I took 8 tylenol by the time the day was over! My insurance is going to cover most of the cost of the bite splint so hopefully it won't cost me to much! Take care of yourself, hope to see you post once in awhile!

Samantha
Old 01-31-2003, 08:10 AM   #6  

Hi Sam.....I have TMJ too and wear a splint..had one for the upper and lower but only wear the upper one now when I sleep..it has really helped!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #7  

Wow, I feel like I'm coming home. What a lot of faces and names I remember seeing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when.

For those who still remember, I used to log in under Nightowl. That email address is long gone, but the owl still sticks around, hence the snowyowl monniker! You can take the girl out of the owls, but you can't take the owl out of the gal!

Good to see you all here and it's nice to know that there will be a place to perch here with ol' friends!

elaine from boston
Old 01-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #8  

Default Oh my gosh Elaine

Hey girl how's it going? It is soooooo good to see you, it has been a really long time. Fill us in on what's been going on with you.

Brenda
Old 01-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #9  

Well, back on the ol' WW bandwagon, because I thought I could do it on my own, only to find that I didn't learn diddly about how to do this program. Gained back all the wait and then a few not so good friends. Let me tell ya, I can do without those!

Still working at MIT (I think the last time I was here, I was freelancing there, I've now been full time staff for a little over 3 years now,) and since I hit the ripe ol' age of 40 this year, I figured I might as well do what I should have done 5 years ago when I tried the first time, which is to do the program and actually make it a lifestyle change as opposed to just doing the program. For me, there is a difference. I can do it, I just couldn't make the commitment to keep on doing it. So this time is different, or in another 5 years I'm going to be kicking myself even moreso than I am now.

The good news is I've been on program since October, and though it was a slow start, I finally got it this time. Renewed that commitment in January to stop messing around and just get my head into it, and so far, so good. Down 16lbs, with a few more to go (heh, that's a bit of an understatement!) and with hard work, the scale will continue to go downwards.

So its good to see I still have some ol' friends to give me the proverbial kick when I need it, and its good to be back!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:24 PM   #10  

Hi everyone, sorry it's been awhile but I do get here as often as I can.

Elaine, wow you have been busy, glad you get hired full-time though. Hope you enjoy your job, mine leaves a lot to be desired, very boring. It sounds like you are doing great on program, I just can't seem to get it together but I am quitting smoking right now and that needs to come first for me.

Tara, so good to hear from you, I was wondering if you were still around here. How are ya?

Samantha, how are you doing girl? How is the foot, do you still have problems with it? Are you still dancing at all?

See Ya
Bren
Old 01-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #11  

One struggle at a time, Brenda! lol.

Well, as for the job - well, it's been better. I daily wish my boss would forget to come into work, but so far, not so lucky. At least I know why the windows in our building don't open - someone would have pushed him out one long ago! lol.

I think getting OP is a case of just getting your head wrapped around the idea of doing it. I stalled, thought I was doing the program, but lost focus. Then I tried again with the At Work program in 2001. Besides being the only one in the group who really needed to lose weight, I had a leader who was brand new and felt like she didn't have a clue about someone like myself for whom losing weight meant a LOT more than 10lbs she lost to make goal and leader. So once again, I had a missed opportunity and got nothing accomplished.

That's why I went back to meetings at my old place. I needed that group and the accountability of a Monday night weigh in to keep me on track. Of course, we just found out a leader is going to be retiring, so now we'll have the upset of a new leader. Let's hope it's someone who's been on the program a while!

Everyone have a good weekend and stay warm!
Closed Thread