Old 12-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - so glad to hear the scale is moving downwards for you. Keep up the good work and nice you are preplanning your menu for the gals. They will love the veggie pie!

Well, I got through my card evening and had the steamed dish I ordered along with some beef w/veggies, ribs & 2 chicken wings (didn't need those)
but skipped all the breaded stuff, rice and egg rolls. Later they brought out the chips which is still my biggest temptation & I passed a few times but then I did have a few handfuls. Skipped the alcohol & I still feel I did better
than usual with the temptations. Yoga, a walk and on plan eating today will get back on track. I also have a beef stew all prepared for tonights dinner.

Hope everyone is preplanning their outtings for the season. I think this is key - think ahead, plan ahead and get in some extra exercise when we can.
Everyone has done so well, lets bring in the new year on a lighter note!

Have a great Sunday!!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, you're right! Preplanning as much as possible and having healthy foods in the house is the right way to go. for ordering a sensible Chinese dinner (it was still tasty, right?) and going easy on the higher point stuff. Ooooh, chips----they still are my downfall. I used to love desserts and chips. Somehow, although I like desserts, they never really taste as good as they look and over the years I've gotten some control over them. Chips, however, are a different story! So good for you for some power over them.

Remember the quiet weekend I was supposed to have? Well, early Sunday morning I finished wrapping all the gifts that were here in the house----I'm not done, more gifts are coming, but that was a huge thing to get done. I tidied up the house just in time for dd and grandson to come over. We had a great day and decided to go out to dinner. There is a place here called Milleridge Inn. It's an old, sprawling house and restaurant. During December it's decorated for Christmas to the hilt. During dinner we even heard carolers. It was so lovely and lots of fun. Dgrandson was on his best behavior and even dsil was able to make it. He's an artist and works all the time. My dh was so pleased that the dinner went so well. As far as points+ I did my best-----had turkey, held off on dressing my salad, had melon and berries for an appetizer----but I still ate half a dessert and a popover that was divine. Well, in any case today my weight hasn't changed which really can't be-----so I've got my fingers crossed for my WI. Now I've got work to do, so I'll sign off.

and for all of us as we keep on thinking of the real reasons for the holidays. Family, friends, (and a bit of yummy foods)! LOL
Judy
234.6/193.4/thinner!!!!!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! I can only do a quick fly-by and will have to come back on later today or tomorrow to get a real post in. Congrats to Bandit on her loss, and to Judy for avoiding temptation. Sorry this is so short but stress is high here at work, they let over 40 people go on Friday so things are messy right now.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #19  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been silent, but the start up of the holiday preparations really has me running in different directions. WI this week was a good one. I'm down just under 3lbs for the week. Yay!

I got access to the new WW plan today as it launched here in Canada. This will definitely take some changes to my tracking routine. We don't have the WW app in Canada, so I've been using third party apps on my phone to look up and track info when I'm not near my computer but I don't think I'll be able to continue that. I really hope that WW launches a phone app in Canada soon! I'm really looking forward to the free fruit! I was grocery shopping yesterday and bought bananas for only the second time since starting WW.

Congrats to everyone losing through this tough time! I know we'll keep it up through the rest of the holiday season.

Bandit, great advice about the pre-planning! We'll all have to plan out our parties and outings to succeed over the next month or so.

Just think of all those calories you can burn walking around the malls!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #20  
Chick

Peanutt, you're doing great!!!!! Weigh to go! : and

Princess, : for keeping stress away.

Judy
234.6/193.4/thinner!!!!!!

Last edited by Itryharder; 12-06-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Itryharder I do the program strictly online. But I think they do have suggestions on the website. I am trying to take off the 30# nursing school put on me. LOL. On top of the fact this is career change for me. So I am wondering why I did t.his to myself. Eating today has been so so. Didn't make it to the gym. Too cold and I am hurting today. Hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #22  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Tuesday to you all! Wow! It is super cold here, as I guess it is almost everywhere right now... normally this time of year we are in the low 40's but we are in the single didgets this week with no end in sight. Maybe, just maybe, (crossing fingers) we will have a white Christmas... we have not had one in a couple of years so we are due.

Food is not so good for me this week, we have a lot going on and are basically grabbing what we can when we can. DH and I are doing new living room furniture for our Christmas presents this year, we are over due for some and instead of just a bunch of presents we are doing furniture instead. Went and purchased in on Sunday and they are going to deliver it at the end of this week so we are feverishly getting the house cleaned out and prepared as we are redoing the living room and the family room that we have in the basement so we have lots of work to do and stuff to go thru... oh how we manage to collect junk! Ugh.

Lots of stress for me lately... I am going to just "check out" this weekend... not answer the phone, stay off line and just work in my home, it brings me joy and happiness to work around my home and that is what I am going to do. The momma drama is crushing lately and I just need to step back from it for my own sanity.

The best of luck to all that are W/I this week! Maybe this would be a great time to go thru our recipes and see if we have one or two special ones for this time of year and post them so that we can all have something new to try... just a thought. I have a couple WW recipes that are labeled "easy" and point friendly so I will post them when I can.

Have to run, another busy day here. No rest for the wicked... LOL!

Last edited by Princess1122; 12-07-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #23  

Hi turtles:

Judy - your evening out sounds wonderful, those old places all decorated up are gorgeous and soulds like you did well with your dinner choices - good for you.

Peanutt - WOW, what a fabulous loss this week! Keep up the good work.

Life - hope you are hanging in there, you sound like you are in a rut. Shake things up and see if that helps.

Princess - You have soooooooo much going on lately with just getting over your bathroom reno now de-cluttering for new furniture, but will be so nice when done. Try to find some down time for yourself - you deserve it.
Trying new recipes is always fun.

We have had cold weather last few days and have gotten some snow as well,
but have been lucky since all around us are big storms, so we are getting bits and pieces of those. Hopefully things won't get too bad.

Have my company dinner tomorrow so that is another food challenge - especially night before weigh in -so will try and make best choices.

Stay warm!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Just a quick note for now, basketball season, more classes, and the now the holidays. I don't know which direction I am headed in! I guess the good thing is I don't have much time to eat! Went to WI yesterday, down 2.4! Getting to goal is finally in sight! Hope everyone is having a good week. i am hopeing to have some time in the next couple of evenings to check in again!
alliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #25  
just do it!

Princess... I hope that you can get some down time to unwind and relax.

Allie....thanks for popping by to share! WTG with that great loss!

I just read on the WW official community blog that the iPhone app will be launching in Canada this month! I am so excited about that!

I found a blog post from someone who shared their quick way to estimate points+ in their head and that has really been helping me out in the first couple of days with the new plan. It's not 100% accurate and certainly no replacement for the WW calculator, but I think it'll come in handy in the grocery store especially just to get an idea of the points values of different things before buying. Their method is (carbs + protein + 3xfat - fiber)/10. So if something has the NI of 10g carbs, 3g protein, 2g fat and 1g fiber you could estimate the points+ like this:
10+3+6-1=18, 18/10=1.8, round up to 2 points+

Hope the rest of the turtles are doing well and learning lots about the new plan.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #26  

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday to you all!

I have been really busy at work lately so even though I have not been doing replies to each person I have been following along. Looks like everyone is doing great. I am seriously considering going into WW on Saturday morning and signing up, at least for a few weeks so that I can get the information and hopefully get back onto a firm path forward. I know it is not the plans fault that I keep eating the wrong things... LOL - but I think it will give me something new to focus on.

Thanks to Peanut for the information, I tried it and my favorite light chips doubled in points... ugh. But it is all good information!

Have to run, take care everyone and stay warm... it is bitter cold here!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I have had a wonderful day. First of all, : with my thyroid being adjusted and sticking to Points+ all this week, I lost 5#! Weigh to go me. I am so happy. Being stuck in the plateau rut wasn't fun. Now before I eat anything, I think about it very carefully and decide whether the points are worth it or not.

Today six girls from WW's came to lunch. One gal brought a fabulous cauliflower soup. If you're looking for a delicious zero point food, here it is:
Makes 8 cup servings:
Cauliflower/ carrot soup

4 chicken boullion cubes
4 cups water,
large head cauliflower
3 boxes of cauliflower, frozen
3 carrots
salt, pepper
Cook until veggies are tender. Use an immersion blender to make it very smooth. A friend brought this to the luncheon. It definitely tasted and looked like a creamy soup----but it's not. Zero points and delicious.
(She has been eating it while she prepares dinner. It cuts her appetite back and she can eat less at the meal. Just a thought)

Princess, good luck with your living room and new furniture. I know this preparation is a lot of work, but you'll have a brand new looking house what with the new furniture and the new bathroom. Yay! As far as the new program, I would suggest you join for a couple of weeks anyway. My weight loss and the new way of thinking about food really sinks in and makes me realize that I can lose weight! Valuable! Here's some : for stress. Take it easy as much as you can. We're all pulling for you.

Hey Cherry, how are you and the little guys doing? : to you too.

Bandit, I hope your company dinner was enjoyable. You're doing great. I love to watch how you've shaken up your weight loss because it gives me hope too.

Alliez, great loss! :. Keep on posting. You're so close to goal. You're an inspiration. keep up the good work.

Peanutt, glad you'll have the new program apps in Canada soon. I like the way someone figured out how to calculate the new points +. Pretty clever. Keep up the good work.

All goes well here. Today has been a lovely day.

KimL, Mrs. Thanos, Tessa, I think about you all the time. and to have a lovely holiday season!

234.6/188.4/thinner and onward to goal!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #28  
just do it!

WTG Judy!! What a great plateau busting week!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #29  

Hi turtles:

Judy - Congrats to you!! What a fabulous loss - you must be sooooo
excited and all revved up with the new programme. The soup sounds
yummy - will have to give that a try. Can't beat something creamy and low-cal.

Princess - glad to see you chiming in when you can, hope you are doing well.

Peanutt - keep up the good work.

All - hope you are having a good week.

Well, off to my dinner. Just had a snack so won't be starving when I arrive.
Have a great evening!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #30  

Judy: I am sooooo happy for you! A huge congrats to you on your weight loss!

Bandit: Have a great time!