Old 07-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,
Just have to say hi to Lin. So good to hear from you again. from all of us. We've gotten lively lately and it feels good. I hear you about the emotional eating and I'm thinking that since your clothes still fit, you're doing well. to you and all your difficulties. As usual, you make a lot of sense.
Love,
Judy
Hope you guys are all having a good fourth of July (or in Bandit's case---a good July 1 holiday!).
234.6/190.2/189 and closer to goal
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone and Happy Monday!

Busy weekend here and food has been a challenge even with the planning, yesterday I over-ate because I was so tired and stressed - won't go into the details right now - but today is a new day and I am back to thinking ahead and making my plan for the day. I have lots to do so will have to keep this short. Supposed to be very hot and humid here today so I need to get out into the veg garden and get my chores done out there quickly...

Hi Lin! Glad to see you are doing ok. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place, it is all any of use can hope for I guess.

Have a great day all!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #33  

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone!

I hate to say it but I am actually glad to be back at work... crazy I know! I tend to stay on plan much better then when I am home and at loose ends.

I don't expect much for this weeks W/I but that is ok... I will just keep at it. Going to try a Yoga class tonight for the first time in a very long while.

Have to run but have a great day all!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #34  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Weekend was nice, food was challenging. Yes Princess, like you I planned and prepared-----and it went okay, but I still eat over stress and sadness.
Sooooooo, here we are today tackling our lifelong food adaptations. That's my fancy way of avoiding the word diet.

Everybody have a good day. Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/190.2/189 and closer to goal
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Busy weekend up here and boy, was it hot. We are having a heatwave & when I got to work yesterday the air conditioning was done, so very hot day.
And I do not have air conditioning in my house - just fans. It is suppose to cool down abit by Friday & don't get me wrong, I love the heat but this is extreme for us. I keep thinking "at least it is not freezing rain" and that will be back before we know it.

Not doing too bad with my food - had a few extras on weekend with having company, but didn't go crazy. Last night I cooked up some pork chops and made big veggie stir fry to go with that & have enough for tonights dinner as well. My ladies group is walking at the lake tonight, so hopefully will have nice breeze coming off the lake.

Thats about it - just trying to stay cool!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #36  

Good morning everyone!

Things are chugging along here, I have been eating more then I should, not really sure why just always seem hungry. As some of you know, I have struggled with smoking over the years, quitting then smoking, quitting then smoking... ugh! Well DH and I have quit again so that may also be the problem with the hunger but it is worth a gain or two to stay a quitter . With DS and DIL expecting our first grandbaby there is no time like the present!

So all of that being said I was able to join LA Fitness off of my DS membership for a reduced rate and am trying that to get myself in gear and also to help to keep my mind off of the not smoking. I can afford the membership as long as I am working so maybe it will get me moving again, etc at least until the end of the year, then we will just have to see what happens with the job, etc. I went to a yoga class last night and it was wonderful, it took my mind off of the stressful things and put me in a better place and I slept like a dream last night

Bandit: It is hot down here too, we are blessed with central AC at home and have it at work also, but sometimes it is too much for me as I am normally cold anyway but with the heat as high as it is I am not complaining right now... LOL. Your weekend sounded wonderful other then the heat. Have you cooked anything new lately?

Judy: I'll bet you are hot up your way too! I saw the weather map and your neck of the woods is scorching! How are you doing? I know you and I struggle with lots of the same problems... please let me know if you need anything or if there is anything I can do to help... maybe we need a Turtle challenge???

Cherry: How are you doing?

Lin: I would like to read that book, I have heard of it and it sounds like it would help me and others here to deal with some of our "eating issues" - I will have to order it up from the library soon.

Tessa: How are you doing? What is new with you?

Kim: How are you doing? Are things getting better for your friend? I sure hope so!

I will throw a couple of things out here just as ideas that maybe we could to together as a group...
1) Get a summer challenge going?
2) Read the book that Lin was talking about (Geneen Roth's ) and have weekly discussions, etc.
3) Recipe swap's - Once a month or even weekly we try and make something new at home, if it comes out yummy then post it for everyone.

Just a thought guys... nothing that we have to actually do if no one is interested and someone may have a much better idea as I am not very creative

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-07-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #37  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WW WI once again and I didn't break 190#. This week I was "stabilized" at 190.4#, but then it settled on 190.2# after the computer caught the first weight. It is annoying since I great this week and had many fine days. Sunday was not the best and I'm thinking my weight loss may show up tomorrow morning, and then I'll have to keep it there for the whole week.

Princess, I am so into a challenge for July. Here's my challenge for myself:
1. 5x a week for an hour each time.
2. Eat no more than 19 points/daily
3. Do not go into activity or the 35 points.
4. That should do it! Lose 3# this month!!!!!!

I love the idea of the book club and Geneen Roth's books-----Also trying out a new recipe a month and posting it if it's tasty and easy to make.

Gotta run.
Lin, good luck to you!
Cherry, how are you doing?
KimL, are you able to help out your friend a bit?
Tessa, how are those rabbits coming along?
Bandit, love to hear of your social adventures
Lauren, how are those jeans fitting? You're an inspiration.

Gotta run-----temp hit all sorts of records this week. Luckily I've got a means to get cool and our children like to come and visit in this heat too.
Dh bought an electric grill which is great when the kids come at different times. I make a few salads and a simple dessert and dh BBQ's the different meats we've got in the freezer. I'm switching to chicken breast for awhile because although I love burgers, they're not good for my weight loss right now. (I also think the heat and hives account for my not shaking off this weight, but I need a break soon!)
Judy
234.6/190.4/189 and closer to goal
Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #38  

Hi turtles:

Princess - I haven't made anything new lately, had a few dinners out with this heat then just made enough with leftovers for a couple of other dinners.
For my lunches this week I had toasted tomatoe & cheese sandwich, which were delicious with a side salad.

Got in a big walk at lake last night with my ladies group & it was so nice down there with a big breeze - really lovely.

Have my weigh in tonight and coffee afterwards with a few ladies that will be
switching to new chapter in a couple of weeks. My chapter is splitting since things with a few members are getting out of hand & they are so set in their ways they are not open to any changes & some of members (including myself) are fed up. So this will be a new adventure for me that I am looking forward to - they say "change is as good as a rest", so will see

My dd is leaving for Mexico tomorrow with her bf and I will be looking after her cat while she is away. Her name is Willow and is such a cutie and actually likes being in car & I can take her to trailer - she has been there lots and is no problem. Our other cat, who is old stays at home and is fine to leave overnight. This weekend is the singles dance on Sat that I like, so planning on going there this weekend.

Hope you are all staying cool - we are still under extreme heat warnings til Friday - then thunderstorms.

I am up for challenge as well.

Lets do it!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #39  
Chick

Princess,
Weigh to go with the cigarette-stopping! This is soooo important and I'm sending all sorts of and : to help you through this. I think it's so smart to join the gym while you're doing this. You'll absolutely shake up your weight loss that way. Yay!

Bandit, have fun cat-sitting. And enjoy the singles dance. You've got a nice weekend planned. I know about this heat. NY is breaking records and it hasn't been fun. I've been weeding tiny bits of my gardens (just planted a basil plant outside today. My indoor one isn't doing too great. Maybe I'll put her outside as well.)

Spent the day running errands with dh. He had so much he wanted to get done and we did it, so hooray.

Hey, I don't know if you can call this a recipe or not, but it's an idea from my dear WW leader: Put a dollop of ff sourcream mixed w/T. parmesan cheese onto warming veggies and serve. For example, a couple of days ago I had roasted eggplant, zucchini, and carrots and honestly, they were just blah. Rather than throw them out, I heated them up in a fry pan and stirred in the above and it was sooooo much better. Couldn't be more than a point for the mix and the veggies were free.

Okay, here's to us all for getting through the miserable weather.
Dh ran to the library to get season 3 of Mad Men (we're really hooked) and I'm going to hunker down with a very tall iced tea and have a lovely evening with my dh and TV. Here's to : and good luck to us all.

Bandit, isn't it weird how groups get into micro-managing everything-----not all, just a few members. Well, I'm sure you're heading off with the supportive, nice gals. Good luck with your new group.

Judy
234.6/190.4/189 and going lower (At home I weigh just under 190# My aim is to do that next week at WW's).
Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #40  

Morning all and happy Thursday... Friday is so close I can smell it

I looked online yesterday to order up that book (Women Food and God) at the library through their online catalog and there was a line a mile long waiting for it, no kidding, it would have taken me almost a year to get my hands on it so I checked on Half.com and found it for under 9.00 so I ordered it, should be here in a week or so. I figured even if no one else here wanted to do something like that it would most likely be a good thing for me personally to read that book and find out what is going on with me and maybe... just maybe stop this roller coaster that I have been on all of my life.

Hot here too, not as bad as where some of you guys are but bad enough, I don't mind the heat so much but DH hates it with a passion and like to grumble about it so I am always grateful when it cools down

I was going to go to the aquafit class last night at the gym but came home after work to a sick dog and the resulting mess, until I got it all cleaned up, etc I had missed the class so I think I am going to go to another yoga class tonight since there is no W/I at TOPS this week. I will still W/I at home and I am hoping for something... anything at all in the downward direction would be great! But to be honest if I could just stay the same without a gain through the whole not smoking thing I would be thrilled. I am still super sore from my Yoga class on Tuesday evening, ugh! I am soooo out of shape! Oh well, it is all about getting healthy and this is part of it.

Judy: I was eager to get online this morning! I had a dream about you last night, I truly did! You and I have known each other for years now although we have never actually met so this seemed strange to dream about you but in the dream you called me on the phone and were very excited... you had just gotten back from W/I and had broke into the 180's! I knew your voice right away when I picked up the phone in my dream which is funny because I don't know what your voice really sounds like... It has to be a good omen!

Bandit: Ahhhh, walking around the lake on a hot summer night... what could be better! I totally understand about the whole chapter splitting up, etc. To be honest I like my chapter but see myself maybe switching at some point, these gals do not take weight loss very seriously, they act like it is more of a social club then a weight loss program... if that makes sense.

I have to cut out for now but will be back later to finish up and post some challenge goals for myself.

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-08-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #41  

Well I decided to skip weigh in on Tuesday. The number on the scale has really been effecting my emotional eating. Though i do know what i weigh i am not making it official. I am having some trouble with my depression again and it is wreaking(sp?) havoc on my eating better. I just wanted to post that i appreciate all of your encouragement and worrying about me. I am still here and still reading everyones posts.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #42  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I can't wait to make your dream of me calling you with my "record breaking news" of making it into the 180's a reality! that's so cute that you dreamed this news. Yes, we have known each other for ages online. We're good pals. thanks. And soon, I hope, I'll be able to post a better weight loss. I never imagined it would be such a struggle to get into the 180's! Today was a great day---- and gardening and my food points are not used up.

Cherry, keep on posting. Don't worry about the numbers on the scale. Take a deep breath, forgive yourself for eating beyond what you wanted and get right back to baby steps. Drink your water, get food in the house that will help you, and do it. You can. We are all proud of you.. :

Hey Tessa, I'm missing you and your stories. Are you okay?
Kim, how are things going?
Hope everyone's doing okay in the heat and doing their best.
: and
Judy
234.6/190.4/into the 180's!

Last edited by Itryharder; 07-08-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #43  

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

Well I hopped on the scale yesterday when I got home from work and it showed me up 2 lbs but to be honest I am not that worried about it. I had been to a yoga class Tuesday night and was very sore and muscles were inflamed... seriously inflamed! I also drank a lot more water yesterday here at work because I knew that I was not going to offically W/I - all of that I am sure added to the gain. I went to yoga again last night... it took everything that I had in me to get in the car and go, I was soooo sore from Tuesday but I told myself that it would never get better if I did not keep at it on a regular basis. Ugh! It was hard keeping that train of thought going as I was going thru the moves last night in class... LOL. But, I made it thru and went home to take a hot bath and took some Aleve (sp?) and went to bed. Today, however, I feel like I have been hit by a truck and failed to get the license plate - it WILL get better though.

Lots of errands and chores this weekend but other then that nothing going on. We are supposed to have sunny skies and reduced humidity so I imagine that yard and garden work is in my future... and another yoga class on Sunday...

Judy: Yes! I just know that my dream will come true... I normally don't really remember my dreams but this one I sure did and was so excited for you! I remember getting into the 180's and it was hard but I just KNOW that you are going there soon and with any luck at all this time next year I will be there with you!

Bandit: Has the heat broke for you guys up there? Any plans for the weekend? What did you find out about TOPS and maybe meeting, etc during the summer months?

Cherry: One of my BIGGEST mistakes was when I stopped posting here when things got rough and the scale kept going up, up, up... hind sight is 20/20 they say! Keep posting, keep trying and you will do fine! Depression is hard, I don't have it myself but know many that do, I wish you the very best in dealing with it!

Tessa: Hope you are doing well... post when you can even if you don't have any funny bunny stories!

Kim: How are you doing? Anything knew with you?

I have to run but will catch up with everyone later today!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-09-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #44  

I forgot to post a July goal!

Ok, so these are general things that I would like to accomplish this month and will revisit at the end to see how I did and where I would like to go in August:

1) Lose a solid 5 lbs by the end of the month.

2) Walk at least 1.5 miles, 3-4 times a week.

3) Attend Yoga or someother class 2-3 times a week.

4) Stop the roller coaster ride that I am on... or at least slow it way down.

5) Get back to the basics of the WW program... it works if I follow it!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #45  

Hi turtles:

Cherry - hang in there!

Judy/Princess - sounds like you guys are doing great with your exercise and eating, great news.

Princess - my dd does Hot Yoga and loves it, same idea as regular yoga but basically in heated room with sauna like temperatures. I have never tried yoga - that might be something I would enjoy. Glad you are keeping up with it.

Tessa/Kim/Lin - hope you are all doing well with everything.

It is raining right now but still very hot. I was planning on going to trailer for overnight and then coming back for tomorrows dance, but if rain doesn't stop, I will have a day inside house and catch up on laundry/housework, never a shortage of house chores.

Went to comedy club last night and that was really fun. BUT, ended up having plate of nachos for my dinner which wasn't the best choice but still delicious. So, will have to watch it over weekend and hopefully dance off some of this weight.

I bought some hot italian sausages for over weekend and will make another big batch of veggie stir fry to use up what I have on hand.

Well, have a great day!