3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #233 Bale of Turtles Tackling Summer! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/205437-233-bale-turtles-tackling-summer.html)

Itryharder 06-24-2010 09:34 AM

#233 Bale of Turtles Tackling Summer!

:carrot: :welcome3: We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 06-24-2010 09:38 AM

Hi Turtles,
Started this thread because we were running long, but we've got lots of good info. on thread #232, so check it out.

Yesterday was another good day. I was proud of myself because, in the past, a good WI would prompt me to eat too much or higher calorie foods on that day as a "reward". I didn't do that yesterday. Tonight my dh wants to try a shish kebab place where we can eat outside, bistro style, and I've got to figure out points beforehand.

Weather here is taking a nice break from the 90's. Dry, a little breezy, and we've had some good hard rain and thunder at night. I love this kind of weather and the long days of sunlight. Yay!

All goes well here. Hope you're all having a good summer.
Judy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Clever Tessa 06-24-2010 02:58 PM

Howdy all,

Thought I'd take a break from my turkey thinwich with bbq sauce and salad to say "hey" real quick. I realized just how far I've come in just a few weeks when I got excited that my afternoon snack is yogurt with cereal! Yum! Such things never used to be so exciting! LOL!

I'm now officially in rabbit ****. Discovered yesterday (while cleaning up the rocks I used to "fix" the problem) that there was pink fluff in the dirt. Pink fluff???? They are under my house!!!! :yikes: My handy guy wrapped my water pipe in some R-13 last winter, I looked under the house through a vent and it looks like an explosion of pink insulation. I called him, he laughed about it - he'll be over to see what he can do to help. :mad: No one 'round here has a motion sensitive frog so I shall go online. This means WAR!!!! :rollpin:

Judy, I can't take too much credit for the loss really. The first couple weeks back on program are usually pretty nice as long as I follow the program. 259 was quite a few years ago, then I got down to 220 and lived in a 20 pound vicinity for a few years and now back on my way down from there. All I can say is journal and planning meals ahead of time. Planning actually being the most important.
Kudos on the post loss non-noshage! (that's a word, right? LOL!). It doesn't make a lot of sense to do it, but I have been guilty of the same. Still trying to curb that... 2 weeks ago after w/i I indulged in some Taco Bell and it was GROSS. Which kinda made me happy...

Kim, the wrap last night was AMAZING!!!! :carrot: I couldn't think of one way to improve it - other than finding a bigger wrap to fit more in! Very, very good and perfect for our warm weather last night. Garlic bread is a weakness of mine too (well, bread in general, evil sour dough calls my name often). I can't imagine what it's like working around all that food!

Ok, must away. I have a to go shopping for a frog. :bunny:

Tes

KimL1214 06-24-2010 10:25 PM

Princess1122~ Your nasty weather has moved on to us now!!! My parents live on a mountain and one bolt of lightning struck the top, scaring my cat right into my lap and my mom’s big, brave husky, right under her legs! I do work at a restaurant part time during the school year, and full time during the summers.

Itryharder~ How were your kebabs tonight? Congrats on not rewarding yourself with food!!! That’s really hard to do!!!

Clever Tessa~ I’m sorry, but your rabbit war makes me giggle… ;) I hope you win! Did you find your frog? That must be a great feeling to be happy with a yummy, healthy snack! I’m glad to hear that your wrap was super delicious!

I did much better restraining myself tonight! I know what I can get on the restaurant menu, and what I can’t but sometimes my will power is just weaker then it should be. Tonight, it was strong! I ordered all sides, mashed potatoes, peas and a small side of stuffing… mixed all together, super yummy and super filling! I’m leaving for NY for the weekend so I don’t know if I will be able to get online at all… Have a great weekend!

Princess1122 06-25-2010 07:10 AM

Good morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! My favorite day of the week if you could not tell :D!

W/I last night went as expected... I was up 2.8, and if I am honest with myself it was not only my TOM that caused that gain... it may have been scarfing stray little (ok, large) morsels of food that happened to wander past me too... LOL. Ugh, sweets are tough for me during TOM but I shall prevail! Have to do my house cleaning and laundry tonight while the guys do the yard work and I will work in the garden tomorrow and make sure that I am getting my walks in every chance that I get. I am going to try Judy recipe I think... I have some shrimp in the freezer that needs to be used so I think I will try that.

Nothing really planned for the weekend other then chores and errands. Looking forward to the 4th of July weekend for that extra day off!

Tessa: I have to agree with Kim... I giggle over your bunny stories but I know how you feel because we have one around that loves to nibble my veggie plants when they are first put in the ground... once they get big he does not bother with them so much, not sure why. Good luck though!

Judy: Love Kabobs! We do those a lot on the grill during the summer months and we have a resturant here that does them also but I have not been there yet. Eating out is hard on my weight loss numbers so I am avoiding it right now but I know that you do really well when you eat out so have a great time!

Kim: I have a couple of dogs that really mind the storms too... ugh, no one gets any sleep in our house when we have storms come through in the middle of the night, our one old girl thinks that if she is upset and bothered by the storms then we should all be too! LOL, she is a nut! You are a brave gal working in a resturant! I used to way back when I was much younger but doing it now... well, I think I would have a very hard time.

Bandit: How are you doing? Are you going to the trailer this weekend? Have a great time if you do... I saw that there are storms up in the UP of Michigan, not sure if they are effecting you or not... I sure hope not but have a great weekend!

Cherry: How are you doing these days? Are you kids feeling better? I sure hope so for your sake! Sick babies are not fun at all!

Have to run but have a great weekend everyone!

Itryharder 06-25-2010 08:16 AM

Hi All,
Princess, you've got lots planned and TOM is a kicker. Next week's WI will be a lot better. I love how ambitious you are with your garden. I can't call what I've got a garden-----I could probably call it a place where I planted a few plants! LOL. Our outdoors amaryllis are coming up. Our dear friend, Mary, gave us six bulbs a few weeks ago. She knows how much my dh loves the crazy things and she always sends us a few bulbs at Christmas. Then she found this breed (species?) that can stay in the ground and bloom every year. They are much shorter which I like and the blooms are pretty spectacular. We've got a lot to do here. Spent some time yesterday weeding on the driveway side of the Belgium blocks to get ready to have our driving sealed again. Also did some scrubbing in the house which makes me feel like I'm helping my arms. Whew! I'm really going on about nothing. In any case, the dinner out worked out well. I pointed it out----had chicken and mushrooms on a skewer, decided to have only one skewer but then I had a couple of pieces of sirloin steak from dh so I decided not to take home the leftovers. Had only about 1/4 cup of rice pilaf and ate the whole salad which helped tremendously! By the way, a tornado came through right at the place where we decided to eat tonight! We missed it by about an hour thank goodness, but we usually don't get tornadoes here===hurricanes, yes. tornadoes, no.

Hey, everyone is doing great. Here's to all of us and our funny stories and our huge attempts of losing weight. :balloons: :carrot:
Love the contributions from our new members----thanks for joining us.
Gotta run.
Everybody have a wonderful weekend. As Bandit says, "Drink that water!"
and let's all keep on keepin' on! :bravo: :cheer:
Judy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Clever Tessa 06-25-2010 12:54 PM

Happy Friday everyone!!!! :broc:

Yup, my favorite day of the week too - I'm off at 2pm and in the summer I've still got about 7 hours of daylight to play with. Not that I'm out *in* the sun - I'm a redhead and we just don't get along well. :sunny:

And yes, the rabbits are amusing... I laugh too, then get frustrated, amazed, then laugh again. My Dad keeps calling me and asking if I'm the lady that has rabbits for sale. Ha. Ha. Ha. :rofl: Good news though on that front - the Fort Knox style barriers I put up seem to be working, 2 days and no rabbit holes (of course the side of my house stinks from the liquid fence stuff). So the Bunny-Gate saga of '10 may be over.
Learned that the frog idea sadly, will not work. It's too dark under my deck where the problem is and the frog needs light to work properly. Next week Super Mike, my handy man to the rescue, is coming to see what the little brats have done.

Princess, you really do know your body, which is awesome. You saw this coming and instead of gloom n' doom, you came up with a plan to move forward. It sounds like you've got a great plan of action going and will kick hiney next week! :goodscale:

Kim, have a blast in New York! One of these days I'll make it further east than Missouri... :rolleyes: I'd love to watch a sun RISE out of the ocean - my whole life it's been setting into the ocean (well, not really IN the ocean, can you imagine the hiss and steam that would create? Not to mention mass panic and really angry whales). Even in Hawaii, we were on the west side of the island!

:grouphug: Have a great weekend everyone!

Tessa

Itryharder 06-25-2010 04:59 PM

Hi Turtles,
Checking in and laughing about Tessa's new adventures.

DD and dear grandson came for a surprise visit. Luckily I've got plenty of good WW friendly foods on hand. Tossed salad, cuke and onion salad, 2pt. baked beans, and a juicey hamburger on a 1 point roll. Yay! And watermelon for desert. :carrot: :chef: It's nice because my dh is going to BBQ and I like that now that I realize every dinner doesn't have to include mayo-salads like macaroni or potato salad in the summer. Yay. (By the way, I cut potato wedges, sprinkled them with olive oil and a no-salt seasoning and baked them. I've got them in my freezer so when I want some, I can pull them out and nuke them. Sounds like a plan)

Everybody have a great weekend. I'm still :tread: for an hour each day or a combo of 30min. at boardwalk and 30min. at home on :tread:. I think it's making a huge difference in my weight loss. I am counting on a :goodscale: this WI on Wed. I know I can do this. 45#down and more to go!!!!
Judy
234.6/190/189 :cool:

Itryharder 06-27-2010 07:32 PM

Hi TUrtles,
Wrapping up a very nice weekend. Had company on Friday and then again on Sunday. Sat. dh and I relaxed and it felt great. Am keeping on top of my tracking. For some reason I was craving a specific food last night, had it, tracked it and moved on. With all the :tread: I'm doing, my weight is holding its own. Hopefully I'll have another pound off this week at my WI. Hey, a pound a week=52#!!!!!

Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/190I love typing that/ 189 and closer to goal. :cool:

Princess1122 06-28-2010 07:24 AM

Good morning everyone!

Had a busy weekend here, lots of household chores, etc. Worked in the garden and got the three remaining tomato plants staked up, I ran out of tomato cages so had to do the stakes. Over all the weekend went very well but we had really bad storms come through again last night but the good news it is supposed to be dry the entire week... yah!

Have a sick dog at home, not sure what is going on with him but has had two days worth of potty problems so I will be making him an appointment with the vet first thing this morning when they open and leave work early to get him there... poor boy!

Judy: you are doing great! I know this is THE week for you!

Tessa: How are the bunny issues coming along?

Bandit: How was your weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Kim: How are you doing?

I have to run... have to catch up on what came into my in box over the weekend!

Princess

Princess1122 06-28-2010 08:05 AM

Judy: I forgot to tell you that I made your Shrimp Jambalaya dish over the weekend... it was awesome! DS and I had to make ourselves stop eating it... LOL. I used canned fire roasted tomatoes (Hunts makes them) and it was soooooo good! Thanks for sharing!

Itryharder 06-28-2010 08:38 AM

Hi TUrtles,
Princess, you sound really busy and productive. Weigh to go! Hey, I'm glad you liked the Shrimp Jamblaya. I think it's tasty too. What I also like about it is that it's easy to double for a crowd and all the chopping can be done a day ahead and stored in fridge. I love your idea of fire roasted tomatoes. Glad you gave the recipe a try. :chef:
JUdy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal!

bandit2 06-28-2010 10:15 AM

Morning, turtles:

Losts of posts from everyone, that is sooooooo great.

Busy week & weekend up here, and the weather has been crazy and extreme.
Went up to my gf trailer on another lake on Fri and stayed over and we had a great time cathcing up & we bbq flank steak and had big salad and rice with that. Fresh strawberries for dessert, so nice dinner.

Had a bridal shower yesterday and ate too many of those little sandwiches which I love but then had a fairly light dinner with rump roast and just veggies. It was so hot I didn't feel like having much so have lots of leftovers for the few evenings, which is great. My yard has gotten away from me again with all the rain, so will be spending my evenings this week gettting that under control.

Glad you are all doing as well as you can - so keep up the good work!

KimL1214 06-28-2010 09:57 PM

Itryharder~ That’s really scary that a tornado hit the place you had just eaten at!!! Great job with the chicken and mushroom skewers! I like the potato wedges idea, might have to steal that…

Clever Tessa
~ How is the battle with the rabbits?

Princess1122
~ HAHA! Your rain from this weekend is supposed to hammer us all week!

bandit2
~ Great job this weekend! Good luck with your yard!

I have to say I got a bit of a giggle when I saw that some of you thought I went to NYC, as I actually went to the complete opposite part of the state. I was in Saint Regis Falls, only 45 minutes from the Canadian border… hehe…

Falling flat on my face this weekend is definitely an understatement… Between the Chinese Buffet and 2 nights at the bar… I definitely went WAY off plan. So! The goal for this week is to get back to where I was before I left ASAP!!! There will be some serious walking at least once EVERY DAY!!!

Princess1122 06-29-2010 07:22 AM

Good Morning everyone!

It is a beautiful day here today and supposed to stay nice all week... wonderful! Got a walk in last night with my DS even though I did not want to at all... after getting back from the vet, etc I was tired and ready to call it a day but we took a quick walk, about 1.5 miles and then called it a day. Will get out again this evening if all goes well for another one.

Kim: Weekends are hard! I feel your pain there! Good luck with getting back on track and getting your walks in!

Judy: Tornadoes are scary things! We get them here a lot, with tornado sirens going off when conditions are right for them... ugh, which is a lot! I am sure glad it missed you though!

Bandit: How is your yard work coming along? Any changes in the plans for TOPS meetings during the summer?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Tess: How is the bunny situation coming along :D.