Old 09-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Okay Turtles, I hear you loud and clear! Yesterday was a much better day. I stepped on the scale this morning and it's okay. Now--first challenge--stay off the stupid scale! It affects me much too muchl, so this week I am challenging myself to drink more water and stay off the scale. Take a leap of faith realize that when I work WW's, it works. Bandit, thanks for the words and Princess you and I sound like we're back on track or at least implementing things that will work and get us back on track.

Okay everybody--this is always my best chance to lose weight every year. Go figure! I think that I make really good choices and focus since we do so much this time of year as far as hosting a Halloween party and Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's. Whew! But I have consistently been able to lose in this season and I must get off the pity -----and work this plan. I can do it. I am doing it! The nonsense is over.

Good luck to everybody.
Bandit, wow! what a wonderful weight loss for two weeks. Amazing
weigh to go. Keep up the good work.

Cherry and Chrily, keep on keepin' on. Weight loss clicks every once in awhile and you want to be in it when it happens. You can do this.

Lauren, weigh to go with all the company, etc. Whew! Glad you'll be back to a regular routine.

Ariana, besides being busy, how is everything else? Great to have you back.

Nessa, how is everything going?

Okay--we can do this. I've got my mojo back and I'm determined to make October a great month.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Princess & Judy - you go, girls!! Thats the attitude we all need and thanks for the congrats. We all know how good if feels to lose & do well - so keep it going, ladies.

Lets make this a great fall (losing) season for us all!

Good luck!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! Fall has arrived here in the mid-west even though the days are still very warm the nights are chilly and the leaves are slowly starting to turn. I did really well with eating yesterday with the exception that I did not get in my 5 servings of fruits and veggies, I will try again today but over all it went really well. I did get a short walk in but DS and his fiance came over for supper so that kind of threw the evening off balance a bit and I did not get my pilates workout in but will try again this evening.

I have to take the new dog to the vet today to have a vaccination that he needs so that he can start puppy school tomorrow... He needs to go to school badly... LOL, he is so spastic!

Hope all is well with everyone! Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-26-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #34  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Princess, you sound back to yourself! Yay! Glad you were OP. I'm with you. I counted points and I was fine even though I had lunch out and then dh wanted to go out to dinner. I selected Applebee's because they offer the WW menu complete with points. By doing that and by having a salad with a bit of chicken and shrimp for lunch with my book club, I was fine.

I'm glad Princess has a puppy , even a spastic one, for company and laughs. The weather is turning here too. We;re close to needing heat on at night.
It's pouring rain today and it's supposed to continue throughout the weekend.
Oh well, perfect weather for hopping on the and watching a movie.

Everybody have a great happy and OP weekend.
Judy
Old 09-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #35  

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. Life has been very, very stressful lately. But I made my insane September deadline. I keep falling off the point tracking and working out track. I haven't done too much damage -- 2 pounds gain, and I'm softer (my muscles) than I was before), but I want to stop it now before a little becomes a lot. I'd like to promise I can check in often, but that wouldn't be a promise I can keep. My company works on grants, and a lot of grants expire at the end of the year. It's going to be a blast, I tell you...they're talking about us cancelling vacations and everything. <sigh>

Ah well. That's the bad news.

The good news is that my quilting is coming along well. I'm still learning, but it's a great stress reliever. It's also good that I haven't gained significantly even in these hard times; that means that some of what I've been doing in the last few years is burned on my brain, and has helped me mitigate what used to be my standard damage from stressful situations. Once, I would have binged on food and shopping to cope. Now I've gained a bit, but I have not gone crazy, and I am using shopping to cope. So, an improvement.

Also, I'm looking at buying a house. With the federal tax credit/15 year loan, this is a good time to buy. And my company recently gave me A) a raise and B) a profit-sharing bonus, so I have a little extra cash to use for a downpayment. Not 10%, but I'm looking at an FHA loan, which only requires 3%.

Whew. Anyway ladies, good to "see" you. I'll get back on track, and you guys will too. It's only a matter of time, persistence and strategy, right?
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #36  

Hello ladies. How is your Monday? I took the day off, called in sick. I'm recovering from last week; I worked a lot of extra hours last week.

So, how is everyone? I started the Wendy plan today. I need to go eat lunch, it's late, but I was sidetracked by balancing my budget and figuring out what I could afford on a mortgage and for a downpayment.

Now I'm going to grab some lunch (for 4 points -- meep!) and go sew for a while. I'm making pajamas for my mom for Xmas.

Hope you're having a good day!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #37  
Chick

Ariana,
I am so impressed with how much weight you've lost and how much you've kept off. You're doing great. A cou=ple of pounds up now and then is common to most of us and you're doing the right thing by figuring out how to get them off. Sorry to hear you're so stressed out, but so glad to hear that you're making plans to buy a house. You certainly are a determined young lady who makes her dreams come true. Weigh to go! So glad you're back. Have a great day sewing and sticking to the Wendie Plan. That worked for me for awhile and if I hit a plateau, I'll consider using that plan again.

All goes well here. I've had a good week. I must admit that I stepped on the scale once this past week, but that is still a major accomplishment for me since I often will step on the scale more than once a day. I keep on counting points and thinking ahead. even with my dd coming by with lots of problems, I recognized I didn't want to go off plan, and I made the dinner I had planned for. Was it high in points? Yes, but that was okay because I had planned for a higher point dinner and had a tiny point lunch--original Boca burger on lite multi-grain Eng. muffin. Only two points and it gave me a lot of leeway for dinner. I also houseworked up a storm today and am proud of how my house is shining now!

Okay--good luck to us all and let's keep the Turtles going in the right direction.
Judy
Old 09-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #38  

Judy -- thank you for the encouragement and congratulations. That *never* gets old.

Work is stressful. Life is stressful. I guess it's part of being alive. I try to handle it with working out and lots of quilting.

I'm glad to hear you are sticking to your goals. Day by day is probably 75% of the battle. Sorry to hear about your daughter's troubles.

Ladies -- I made it to the gym tonight, for not one, but *2* hours! ::triumphant but tired look::

I'm going to do about 45 minutes of work on a pet project and then *fall* into bed. Have a good rest of the night and a good day tomorrow, ladies.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! I am on plan for the week and started my pilates DVD at home last night. Food is still a struggle lately but I am keeping at it. I did not go to W/I on Saturday but did hop on the scale at home and was horrified! So that was a pretty good motivating factor to get me moving again.

Ariana: I bought a quilt at a flea market this summer, it is in pretty good shape but needs some patching done on the seams... I don't know how to "quilt" but I know how to sew so I thought I would work on patching it back together and that may give me an idea of how to actually get started when I am ready to try my hand at quilting.

Judy: You sound busy again, I know how you feel about the scale but for me staying off of it leads to big trouble so I try and hop on it in the morning... when I avoid getting on it then I know I am in trouble.

Bandit: I did get a flier in the mail for TOPS and will be checking out one of their meetings some time soon. Is the weather changing up your way yet?

Nessa: How are you doing these days?

Cherry: What is new with you?

Have a happy day everyone!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-30-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #40  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Tomorrow is my WI and I've got my fingers crossed. I'm staying within points. I have a challenge again today because I'm heading over to watch my grandson so my dd can get to the doctor and I think I'll stick around so she can rest afterward. Maybe I'll bring a crockpot of chicken and veggies for dinner. I need something for me to eat and to feed them and I don't want to pig out on snacks they have in the house. I'm going to go offline now and plan my day.
Princess, I know what you mean about a daily WI. It's great how we all have different ideas that have worked and then we have to tweak our ideas to get them to work again. Last week weighing daily didn't work for me at all; that's why I made myself a promise to stay OP and not WI until tomorrow. In the past if I avoided the scale, it meant big trouble for me.

Bandit, how are you doing?
Nessa, any tips?
Cherry, how's tricks?
Lauren, are you still free lance writing?
Ariana, way to go on the exercise!

Everybody have a good day!
Judy
Old 09-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #41  

Hi turtles:

Princess - you really should check into TOPS nearby, you will save lots of $
The weather up here has been great until today & it is raining & suppose to rain for rest of week. At least it is not "freezing rain" that will come quick enough.

Judy - good for you to try & plan ahead for your menu. Crockpot chicken & veggies sounds yummy.

Cherry - how are you doing? Hope you are OK & not down in the dumps.
Remember, we are all here for you.

Ariana - good for you for changing up things with the Wendie Plan.

As for myself, I was really good this past weekend. I had veggie pizza for dinner & counted all my points. Only thing I have had that I probably shouldn't of was some jelly beans. I bought a big container of them a few weeks ago since they were on sale but didn't open them. But now they are opened & seems like everytime I walk by them I grab a few.

So, hopefully I will show another loss this week. If not, I know it was from the pizza & jellybeans.

Our next challenge with be THanksgiving & then Halloween. Always something!

HOpe you are all drinking your water!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #42  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, everyone -- just checking in before we head out on Thursday for our vacation to the Adirondacks. I can't wait! I'm hoping against hope that I'll break through to onederland while we're there; that would be fantastic. I'm certainly motivated!

Bandit, you're doing splendidly -- I can't imagine a few jellybeans will derail you right now. Congrats on your great loss this week!

Judy, always wonderful to see you posting. Your tenacity is an inspiration to me. Can I make a suggestion that's counter to Weight Watchers approach? One thing I've learned from this eating plan I'm on is that the WW program allowed me too much food. Or, rather, that I thought I was eating just a few calories when I really wasn't. For example, you mention that a Boca burger on an English muffin comes to just 2 points ... I believe you, but I'll bet your body doesn't know that and it counts the calories as calories and that slows down your weight loss. (I'll bet it was far more than 100 calories, which would be 2 points if one didn't consider fiber, right?) I think it's easy to sabotage ourselves on WW without intending to. When I go back on WW down the road, I'm going to purposely bump up my point estimates by a good degree to account for that, maybe leave fiber out of the picture when I calculate points. Just a thought.

Princess, I'm impressed you're doing Pilates! I need to get back into that again. It's such a good exercise approach.

Ariana, nice to see you! Congrats on your marathon workout -- I'd be comatose after 2 hours at the gym!

I'm still on my program; the next step really is to incorporate exercise. I always find that the hardest part, and having plantar fasciitis and rotator cuff problems isn't helping. Still, I'm looking forward to getting walks in every day on vacation. I *really* want to break through to onederland, and I hope that helps me make good decisions while on vacation.

Have a great couple of weeks, everyone, and I'll check in again when we get back!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #43  
Chick

Lauren, have a great trip in the Adirondacks. You should be just in time for the leaves to change--beautiful. You know, I think you make a very good point about WW and the amount of food I can get for my points. The idea of fiber "demoting" the points is a very good factor. Right now at this weight, if I track carefully and get some activity in every day I can lose a pound a week. I haven't been consistent, however, in how I eat. I'm more on the "Weight Watcher Plan" sometimes than being a Weight Watcher.
My goal this week is to track carefully, get some activity each day--back on the , and to stay off the scale. I know I can do it. This week I was very successful and took off two pounds and I am thrilled. Now I want toget off the other stupid weight I put on this year so that my next goal will be to get into onederland!!!!

Good luck to us all and keep on tracking and chiming in.
Judy
234.6/218.2/thinner into onederland, but more immediately 213.2
Old 10-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #44  

Lauren - thanks for the encouragement and here's to us all getting in more exercise. I know I really need to get something on a more steady basis.

Judy - nice loss this week! Good for you!

I have my Tops meeting tonight & hoping I don't lose any spider legs (for the contest going on now if you gain they chop off a leg from your spider) and person with most legs and points (you get points for various things) wins.

If your weight stays the same the say you have "turtled" for the week. I got a kick out of that when they mentioned it - thinking of our little turtle group here.

ANyway, hope the rest of you are staying OP.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #45  

Morning, ladies:

I was down 1.5# last night so my spider kept all its legs. Total loss of 6.3# over last 3 w/i - so pretty happy with that.

Hope you are all doing well.