Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

A quick hello from me today.

I resubscribed to WW magazine today. And I've got my journal ready to record ALL the junk I shovel down. AND......I WI today after not doing that in awhile. Not a pretty site....I knew I gained, in fact I thought it was more, so I suppose I can look at the positive in that!

I'm ready to get myself back into the right frame of mind. Not sure what is happening to me this year!! So many emotions I'm going through that I don't need to be going through.

So.....whose couch should I lay down on so you can analyze my feelings?

thesusanone--Vitamins!!! I need to get that bottle of mine down from the cupboard and keep in site. I always forget. Thanks for the reminder.

Ruth--I keep needing to get on my treadmill, I need to rethink my idea of doing it after work.....before work would be more beneficial for me.....give me that energy I need during the day.

Angelia--I've called you Angie for so long, do you prefer Angelia? As for a kick in the rear....I need one too. There are all these things I know I should be doing, but yet....I'm not doing it.

Trish--I'm hoping WW is the thing for me too. I have a great Uncle who did WW's. I didn't realize he was on it and when he came to Oregon to visit my grandpa (he lives in Iowa) I didn't even know who he was until he spoke! I was shocked! He has done so well on WW.

Jane--I may not have much to be proud of or brag about in weight loss......so far.....but we have 6 months left of the year to work on it right? We'll all feel better by the end of the year!! (must keep telling myself that)

Well ladies, this isn't as quick as I thought it would be. But I do like this little area so I'll try to post more often here.

Many hugs to you all!!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

First Thesusanone Glad your here and look forward to getting to know you.

We are all working to get healthy and eat right and I thought I would share something with you that I thought about this morning. You know when we mess up, as we call it, because we get off track how we really give ourselves a hard time and even beat ourselves up. I've been thinking about the Bible scripture that says to "love your neighbor as thyself" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I often wonder if those of us who fight our weight problem would want others to treat us the way we treat ourselves. And how can I love someone else the way I love me. Most of the time, we don't even like ourselves much less love ourseves. I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to love others more and treat them better than I do myself. Did I even know I was supposed to love me so I could love others as I should? Not really. This morning I lay in bed and realized that I have learned to love others and even forgive them for what they do or have done to hurt me, but I have never done that for me. Don't even think I knew I could much less should. I think this is a clue to why I have problems losing weight. Half the time I don't even think I deserve to lose. So I layed there this morning and decided to forgive myself for all the things I have done to hurt myself in any way. Basically, I decided to forgive myself for all the times I have lost weight and then got off track and gained it back. I had to even forgive me for thinking I wasn't good enough and didn't deserve to lose. I don't know if you have ever felt this way, but I think it is a key to why I have a hard time with all this psychologically. How many times have we said just the right thing to help someone else who needs us to encourage them while beating ourselves up for doing the same thing they did. I don't know about you but I do it all the time. We must learn to be kinder to ourselves and treat ourselves just the way we treat each other. We must learn to like and even love ourselves. Then maybe we will be able to treat ourselves the way we should be treating ourselves. I think that is when I will find it easier to eat right for me. and my health. We are great at supporting each other, maybe we need to learn how to support ourselves too. Just a thought.

Trish
Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Hello,

First, a big to thesusanone! I'm glad you joined us, and know that you'll form some good friendships here.

Trish - wow, a lot of what you said can surely be said by me, too. I am always there for others with a kind word when they need it, but I'm hard on myself. Although we need to be accountable to ourselves, we shouldn't be rude to the person in the mirror. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Angelia - I'm like you - first I do fine with food, then I don't. I guess I'm lucky that I can drink water and not have to worry about getting to a bathroom. Yikes, our birthday will be here before we know it!

Ruthie - you are doing great, and are an inspiration to us all. That's funny about the cat, lol.

Marti - you're right, let's now think about how many months of the year are history, let's focus on how many there are until 2009! I like that idea.

Mary Kate - how are you, sweetie?

Well, today I have eaten a little too much, but in concentrating on my health I got some exercise, had some fruit, ate several servings of veggies, and have had lots and lots of water.

My computer server has been acting up, so I'm outty, before it leaves me again, lol.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 321.8/261/164

Height: 5'7"

Smile feeling pretty good these days (despite the heat!)

Hi everyone! I really enjoy reading your messages here. It's a real breath of fresh air. I'm becoming more and more interested in eating healthy and tweaking my diet for optimal health. Sometimes I get discouraged because it seems like I have so much weight to lose that I won't see the end result of my efforts for a long time (a year or longer?).

But then I remember how much better I feel already. There are these unexpected benefits such as my ability to tolerate the summer heat better. We have had a couple of warm spells so far and every time I think about how much easier it is to move around and get things done despite the heat. I feel more comfortable in my own skin because all my clothes are loose now, and I think my face looks thinner. The best part is that I feel a lot of energy and have been able to start exercising.

My husband just went back to work after having 2 weeks vacation. We spent a lot of the time doing spring cleaning and shopping for some new furniture. We decided to work on making our home less cluttered and more decorated and "put together" looking. The great, unexpected benefit is that I just realized we have room to move my recumbent exercise bike in to the living room where we have the t.v. (This is also the only room with a box air conditioner). Now I can exercise even more!

Today I am trying to catch up on dishes and perhaps cook some WW core spaghetti sauce. I also want to start writing my food down again. I stopped doing that for awhile because it is optional when you are following the core plan. But it helps keep me mindful of what I am eating. I also thought I would journal about the various goodies that WW provides, such as "tools of living", "helpful habits", etc.

I'm going to reach my 10% goal next week, I think. So I want to set new goals and start working the program more!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #20  

Thesusanone - I know how you feel. If I think about how long it will take to get my weight off then it overwhelms me and I think that is my way of sabotaging myself and then I thing "why bother". That is how I got to this age starting over. So now I try to use my old Overeater's Anonymous idea of only "take it one day at a time". If I only think of what I have to do for today, it doesn't seem to be such a difficult task. I agree that it also helps to think about how far you have come and how you feel now that you have lost. We sometimes have to give ourselves little pep talks. I think that is good to do. I love the Core plan you are doing and hope that some day I can switch back to it, but I found that I need the portion control of Flex. You are doing great so don't get discouraged and give up.

Jane - Hope your server gets things straightened out soon. I hate it when ours messes up.

Did the stationary bike today and did more than usual so I am beginning to do a little more. Remember I've had to do only a few minutes a day because of my knee and build up. Hope to add few more minutes each week.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 06-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #21  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hey all....

Marti,,,I like both my names so I don't care which. At work Im called Darlin, Sweetie,,Babes...*sigh truckers.
Jane...drinking water is hard,,,but got 2 bottles in,,,drove Brandon nuts cause I kept calling him to come cover me....lol can't wait to actually train a few people on my phone. *Brandon can't wait too...lol

Trish,,,That is a great plan,,,just build the minutes up...don't over do it...cause you could end up in worse shape.

Susan,,,oooo sounds like you guys did a flip that house with furniture. or I guess staging. I love doing stuff like that. A coat of paint,,,,,and some nick nacks,,,,
btw,,,Welcome...*grin

Hello Pat....
And everyone else...hope you had a successful day.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #22  
Give me strength

Ruth,,,I have all the EB Games staked out....for the Wii. I want both the wii fit and rockband.
My name was suppose to be Angela,,,spelling error on the nun,,,back then nuns took down the info.
Anywhoo better get to bed,,,Im be cranky,,,again...ha ha
Old 06-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #23  

Morning ladies....

I had another rough night.....more like morning, woke up at 5:00 with severe heartburn! Now what in the world? Felt it in my back and all, so uncomfortable. I was in a daze and started thinking things like "maybe it's a heart attack"!

Of course, I don't feel pain now, but wow, what a way to wake up!

Yesterday for the most part was a day of clean eating. Notice I say for the most part....didn't have lunch. (shame on me I know!) But I was on a roll at work and just took a quick break.

Today will be different.

I am also attempting (AGAIN) to cut waaaayyy down on my smoking. It's a vicious cycle. But I know that when I stop my "feeling tired all the time" will subside some and I'll be more energetic.

Trying to quit smoking and lose weight can be such a challenge.....but I'm ready for the challenge. May be a cranky woman but I want to be a healthy cranky woman!

I need to get ready for work.....I will pop in again soon.

Hugs to you all.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #24  

Good Morning Ladies..

I just finished my morning ab workout and feeling pretty good! I like the energy I get from exercising.....so why don't I do this everyday?! Just need to ease into it again.

Eating was ok yesterday although lunch could have been a better choice.
  • Breakfast: Coffee and bowl of mini wheats
  • Lunch: Cup of Noodle/chicken
  • Dinner: Hodge Podge soup

The hodge podge soup is my grandma's old recipe. So good even on warm nights. My hubby had calculated the calories of all contents so I knew how much was in a cup!

I should be getting my information of WW's points and all that sometime this weekend, so hopefully I can begin to do WW and see how well I can do. Looking forward getting into better shape and more healthy.

How are you all doing today?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #25  

Hi Marti,

I'm doing ok. Just hanging in there and making the best of my situation. (I am without air conditioning for the 3rd day, and waiting for the repairman)

I used to smoke for years and finally just quit cold turkey. One thing I learned is that relapses (brief bouts of smoking again) are not defeat: they are momentary lapses and I would just keep quitting. Finally it stuck. I had to give up certain things that I associated with smoking: drinking alchohol and coffee. But after a few months of being smoke free, I found I was able to have some coffee without being triggered. Now I can occassionally have a drink and I get no cravings for cigarettes. It's been perhaps 7 years of not smoking, and I can tell you that for the past 4 or 5 years, I have had literally ZERO cravings. So you can get over this. Just be persistent and don't give up. I found that cold turkey worked. I think those patches and gums are just a way of dragging out the process.

(that's all my advice!!)

I think you will find that on Weight Watchers, you will be eating a little more than what you listed. You'll be having more fresh veggies and fruit, and hopefully more whole grains too. I love WW!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Akk! My internet server is going wacko on me! This is the first time today I've been able to use it, and it's just a matter of time before it gets interrupted again. Just wanted to say that I've been doing pretty good with the healthy stuff. Not perfect, but not bad.

I want to get this posted before I lose it.....
Old 06-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #27  

Jane, hate it when the internet is acting up or the wi fi for that matter!!!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday, I'll come back tomorrow and catch up with you girls.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #28  

Good Evening Ladies,

Today has not been my best day as far as wanting to do WW today. This is where I usually figure what the heck and go off. In spite of my feeling, I have managed to stay OP mainly out of shear determination. It also helps that I am doing the Flex June challenge and I'm trying to have a perfect week which is 28 for most but would be a #7 for me since I take off one day a week from exercise which is usually Sunday. So doing that challenge has really helped me.

Jane - So sorry about your internet. Hope they get it straightened out soon. Is it caused from all the flooding y'all have had?

Thesusanone - The way you felt about quitting smoking has always been the way I felt about my dieting. I always started each day out eating OP believing that if I kept trying that one of these days I would make it all the way to goal. Now I would like to reach goal and stay there this time.

Marti - I hope you are having an easier time of it today.

Ruth -

Angie - I hope you are feeling better.

You guys have a great week end.

Trish
Old 06-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #29  
Give me strength

hi all,,,

Jane hope you internet settles down.

Marti what is hodge podge soup?

Trish, Im the same as you,,,right now I can today wasn't my best but it sure wasn't my worst.

well Im going to and see if i can fall back to sleep..
night ladies
Old 06-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #30  

Hi Trish, Yes! That is true! This is also the way we need to approach healthy eating. Don't get discouraged if one meal becomes a binge or you eat the wrong things. Just move on and make the next meal healthy and balanced. I can't tell you how many times I have thrown in the towel on a "diet" because I binged one time!

One thing I read in a book recently is that there was a research study done that showed that people who don't eat enough at one meal (or skip a meal) will over eat at the next meal. It makes you realize that there are reasons for binges, so you don't have to beat yourself up about it. Just learn from experience...and have regular meals that are balanced so you lose the urge to binge. I need to remember that when I go out for a few hours, I have to bring some healthy food with me! Lately I am forgetting this, so I end up coming home ravenous. It is so hard to avoid a binge under those circumstances.
Closed Thread