Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #46  

Thanks Dianne. You are sweet. Brittany also loves Bing Crosby.
I was watching American Idol and I forgot how much I love Stand By Me. David Archuletta sang it and I just wanted to dance. I love Motown. I am so glad the young generation won't forget.

Es,
Happy birthday!!!!

Ruth,
Great job. Wait til you see a 1 and then a 6. It will be a good day.
We can do this. I have family coming down next week and that will throw a curve in my program but I will be selective and only eat while we are out. Also my sister wants to go to the Wellness Center with us (Full gym, classes and pool) so I will exercise.

Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #47  

Morning all,

Terri, I am jumping back on the exercise band wagon this weekend. My shoulder is somewhat better so I think the Nintendo and dvd's won't take a toll on me! Also have some gardening to do in the morning. I am striving for 169 by Monday!!! I was only .5 away from it this morning!!

Yesterday I took a little time to try on some size 16's in my closet. They are beginning to fit. Need about 2 inches in the waist for one particular pair of capris (no elastic!!) and most of the tops are beginning to fit, only need to lose about 1 inch of boobs!! LOL Then I'll be wearing some items that I've either only worn once or twice or never worn!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #48  

Ruth,
That is awesome. I fit in some 14s and other 16s. I just wish all companies would be more standardized on sizes. My boys can just get their size and they fit. Not me. I have to try EVERYTHING on and I am not a shopper.
I think the clothes are better at telling us how we are doing than the scale. I know I am losing inches. Here is a challenge for us:
159 by the 4th of July. Does that sound doable?
Have a great Friday.
Terri
Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #49  

Terri, sounds doable to me! So, now I need a plan!!! LOL I will exercise everyday...I will exercise everyday...I will exercise everyday...I will exercise everyday... Good luck!!!

I just went to J. C. Penney for lunch. Expensive lunch! LOL I found size 16 petite capris, I bought 2 pairs and 3 tops! I'm going to clean out my closet and possibly put some of my bigger clothes on ebay. I have some 18 pantsuits that are a little big and with the weather warming up...I'm not going to be wearing them...so I think I will sale them (hopefully)...

Til later,
Old 05-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #50  

Sounds good to me. That is one of Dr. Phil's 7 keys. Get rid of the big clothes. That is a sign that we know we can do it instead of I better keep them in case... That is great Ruth.
Ok Ready get set go... I hope your shoulder is feeling better.
Good luck,
Terri

Last edited by points; 05-09-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #51  

I just wrote a long message and it's gone! I hate when that happens.

In general a brief summary...I just spent 45 minutes on treadmill..30 minutes @ 3.0 mph and 15 minutes @ 2.5 mph.

Diane, hope you are having a good week... I didn't realize you were so close to goal. I know that you have worked hard to get there. I can't wait until I'm
closer, there will be major celebrating and major shopping.

Hello to everybody else...I wrote more earlier, but now I'm tired and ready for bed!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #52  

Good morning, how is everyone today. I've already been working in my flowerbed, now I'm back inside attempting to straighten up around the house.
We plan on taking my MIL out to eat this afternoon and I will have to go see my mom tomorrow. She lives an hour away. So that is my weekend in a nutshell...but I do plan on getting in major activity...I'm on a mission to see 169 on the scales Monday!!!

Last edited by short & sassy; 05-10-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #53  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MY FRIENDS!!!

Enjoy your day with your beautiful families.

God Bless you all,

hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-11-2008 at 08:48 AM.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #54  

Happy Mother's day!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #55  

Ruth,
Great workout!!!!! 169, here you come!

Have fun with your MIL and MOM.

My mom, sister and BIL are on their way down from Ohio right now. Bruce and Bradley are coming in from Atlanta. I hate when everyone is on the road. I found a sister frame at Kohls and I put a picture of us when we were about 7 and 5 and we are in our Easter best and she is looking down at me and I am looking up at her. I am so happy I found it.
Terri
Old 05-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #56  

Terri,

The picture sounds adorable. Are you giving it to your mom? We had a nice dinner with my MIL last night and a nice visit with my mom.

You know I think I"m glad tomorrow is Monday...go figure!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #57  

Almost but not quite. I lost 1.6 lbs...but still didn't quite make 169, I weighed 170.0 this morning. Well, it's taking a while to get to the 160's but at least I am still losing instead if maintainging or gaining.

Have a good week.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #58  

Ruth,
I am so glad you had a great time. We did too.
Congrats on the loss. I lost .4. I'll take it since we ate out 4 times last week. The exercise is what is really helping.
You have a wonderful Tuesday and here's to the 160's. :holding up water:
Terri
Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #59  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning:

Breathing a sigh of relief here - just heard from Justin in China - he's okay, Thank God. We passed a pretty bad day yesterday worrying about him. Willie even called the American Embassy in China. He is in Beijing which didn't experience much, only slight tremors, however, he traveled last week to play at gigs in the area that was hit and we didn't know if he was still there or not. Anyway, he's okay. Its weird, but I'm now feeling relief, but feel like getting hysterical at the same time, I think its just hitting me what could have been. Those poor people in China, so sad. I guess I'm mostly feeling really blessed right about now.

Talk to you's later - congrats Terri & Ruth on your losses.

Hugs,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #60  

Dianne,
I am so glad that Justin is ok. That is scary. Brevard County is where I used to live. 51 homes were destroyed. What is going on everywhere? Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires. I am so glad Justin is ok.

Terri