Old 05-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #76  

I DID IT! I saw 169.8 on the scales this morning...I'll be exercising my rear off this week to see it dip even lower next week!
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #77  

Britts and I heard about the Wii fit. We are going to look into it. Sounds so cool. Great job Ruth. 120 is great.
Have a great Monday.
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #78  

I think tomorrow is the day that the Wii Fit is in te stores. I'm hoping ot have mine by tomorrow night! I didn't exercise last night.. my grandson Elijah turned five yesterday...I took him a gift, then picked up dinner (ordered Mexican, should have had a salad!!) By the time I got home and ate I just didn't feel like it and just didn't feel like doing anything. Spent the evening on the computer. Oh well, today is another day!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #79  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good Tuesday mornin' (you too Es, lol).

Terri - I got tired reading about all the exercise you and your sister did, holy moly! Great job. Too funny about the shower by the pool - you must have turned all shades of red

Ruthie - congrats on that 169 and to your grandson.

ZoeGril - congrats to Jenna - she and you are both doing well. I'm like you - when I'm on vacation my motto is "life gets in the way sometimes". This isn't a race we're in, its for life so when I have those special moments, I make sure to enjoy them and then get back on track - no guilt!

Hi Jen, Es and Sandy

Sunday was the long awaited day of the Aids Walk and it was terrific. Except for the very last mile when it rained a little, the weather was great. And the rain certainly did not dampen the spirit of the walkers.

Besides the really great feeling of friendship amongst the walkers, and there were many different types of walkers, including babies and animals, there was the feeling of accomplishment, of doing something really important. Not to mention, a 6 mile walk is pretty good exercise. I took off yesterday to recuperate - Willie walked the whole time with me. It was cool.

I past my fundraising goal of $1,000 and collected $1,620.00! At the end of the walk, we learned that $7.05 million dollars had been raised -the largest amount in the history of the walk. Amazing!

Well, gotta get back to work - there's tons of it since I was out yesterday. You would think there would be a little "genie" who would just take care of it all, wouldn't you, lololol.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-20-2008 at 11:44 AM.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #80  

CONGRATS RUTH. I didn't see that earlier. 169# That is great!
You go!!!!!!!!!!

Dianne,
I am so glad your walk was successful. That is fantastic. 6 miles is great exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am watching IDOL. Go Davids!

Terri
Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #81  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Congrats on another successful contribution to the AIDS effort! Glad the weather was good for the most part. And work will always be there....that's job security!

Ruth,
Did you buy the Wii Fit? I mentioned to my son that I was going to stop by the store on the way home from work yesterday to see if I could get one, and he said "Remember you're not supposed to be buying anything for yourself right now!" because my bday is tomorrow. He said "Do NOT stop at the store!" so.....I'm thinking I may be receiving it as a gift this weekend.

Terri,
The Wellness Center sounds wonderful. about the shower story. That's something I could see happening to anyone, tho.
It's amazing when I read about how grown up your kids are....I still think of the boys as being in grade school!

I took tomorrow off.....4 day weekend! Whoo hoo

HI Es, Sandy, Zoe
take care,
~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #82  

Jen,
Happy Early Birthday! Yes, I think you are getting one. That is so cool. Britts does the same thing. She tries to get things the week of her birthday.
F_R_U_S_T_R_A_T_I_N_G! That was hard. I still didn't do the hyphens right. Oh well.
The boys are officially out of school today. I can't believe either that Brandon will be a senior and Bradley a sophomore. Not possible.
How old are your grandsons? This will blow me away.
What are your plans for your birthday?
If you do get the Wii game I want a full report from you and Ruth.

Have a great weekend.
Terri
Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #83  

Good afternoon,

Well, Monday I went to therapy, Tuesday & Thursday I was in pain...I hope that the therapy today doesn't leave me in pain again, I plan on taking a muscle relaxer, just in case.

Yes, I did get my Wii Fit. I really do like it. It walks you through all the steps of setting it up. You enter your age, weight and height and it figures your BMI. It then takes your Mii (character) and adds or subtracts weight accordingly! Oh, and when you step on the balance board to be weighed, it lets out a little moan...too cute. It puts you through a few test to see how well balanced your body is and what not, then you're ready to start playing.

I've never done yoga before. but doing the moves that it starts you with really usees your muscles and the same with strength trainging exercises. There are graphs that will keep track of your progress. It does work like any other video game in that you find yourself wanting to do something again to better your scores.

So, Jen...if you get the Wii the regular game that comes with it is awesome at burning calories...mainly the boxing (that could work up a sweat) and I found that bowling was good at getting my heartrate up. The Wii Fit is going to probably be best at balance and strenghting...I'm not sure about the aerobic games yet, they appear to be fun. I've also bought the game Dance Dance Revolution, I haven't totally figured it out yet, but it is a mat and you try to match your steps with those on the screen. BTW, enjoy your 4 day weekend and your birthday!

Terri, I think you and Britt would have a blast with the Wii. The graphics are fairly juvenile, so the boys might not be as into it.

Diane, good job with the walk. I haven't done a benefit walk in about 10 years. Maybe it is time I get involved in another one.

Well, I'm off to bed, have a good weekend everyone.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #84  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

thread #5 is gone due to the system crash so I re-started it
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote