Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Have not been keeping up here, sorry, but I found a site that will publish my stories if they like them, and I get paid for every view, so I banged out three stories this week. Since I've been submitting them for years to the print media, and keep getting rejected, I turned them into speeches when I belonged to Toastmasters. Sothis week I dug out my old speeches and turned them back into stories! They accepted all three of them! I won't get rich, but every little bit helps. (One of them is called "Yankee in a Southern Karaoke Bar." Anyone who wants to read it let me know by PM and I'll send you the link)

Tried to cheer my dad up yesterday. He's really down because they just found two more little nodes on his lungs. He had surgery last summer and they told him he was fine and didn't need chemo or radiation, but a CAT-scan a couple weeks ago showed these new ones. Since I've had chemo, he asked how it was. It told him, "Let's face it dad, how much hair do you really have to lose?" He did smile for the first time in two weeks. He said, "Yeah, bald IS in, isn't it?" I am just hoping and praying.

Haven't lost any weight the past two weeks, really getting frustrated. I don't even want to look at the scale anymore, and that's bad because that's part of how I got in these straits. But, I am still maintaing, so I guess I should be happy. I did go off my routine a couple days this week and skipped a formal dinner and, God forbid, breakfast, one day, but made sure I got my fruit/veggie and dairy and water requirements in -- of course, one day, I made up 2 dairies by eating TWO pieces of yogurt cheesecake at once, 10 pts!, but since I didn't eat much of anything else that day, I actually didn't go over! I felt soooo decadent. Got tired of the Garden Veggie Soup, so am doing V8 instead for couple weeks.

People are starting to call me up and ask if I'm making easter eggs again this year! Last year I made everyone one-pound coconut cream eggs and people went wild about them. I am debating whether to do it this year because I do a lot of finger licking when I dip chocolate. But I've already had three requests from family, one of whom even offered to pay me! Now, I'd never charge my BIL, but how can I say no. It WAS fun making them. And if I am very careful with my weighing, I can even make one for myself. Am I rationalizing here, girls?

Well, just wanted to check in and let every one know I'm still alive.

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 03-07-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #47  
burned out bus driver

Hi Philly!
First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am assuming that his other site was the lungs also and that this is not a new cancer, but a recurrance of the other cancer. I do not know all that much about cancer- but know that recurrance of the old cancer is better than a new one. I hope all goes well with his chemo and that he responds well to it. You are a brave cancer survivor too?! On to the coconut cream eggs. Does making them bring joy to your life? (sounds like it does).I think I would do it......make the eggs and have some fun. And in typical WW mode, you can approach this candy rich time of year in 3 ways. Totally go off program......gain what you do and get back on track in 2 weeks. Or, go for a controlled gain/maintain- stay somewhat OP but not totally out of control. Or staying OP and trying to lose. When I am "in mode" I usually opt for control mode- figuring that I will go off program in a bit, but not overboard. That usually works for me.
Hey I love V8 too......great way to get those veggies in and so easy too.
Congrats on getting published. Send me the link please- but I know I will not get to much reading for another week.

Ran a bunch of errands today, and ordered a new bed for Ds. Gee, the twin bed he has fit fine when he was 5- but now at the age of almost 19, I guess he needs something larger. Found something on sale that pretty much goes with his furniture.
No walk today- just not feeling great. I have to get my butt back on program-been sliding away the past week. And next week does not look better either, as I have a new trainee who will take up a lot of my time.

Gotta go place the seed order for our summer garden. Enjoy your weekend!
Ginger
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #48  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

how can it only be TUESDAY?@ So many things I MUST do / HAVE to do....and unfortunately they don't have too much to do with ME! ARGGH!

Hope you all are having a good start to your week... I've been home less than a 1/2 hour after being at the high school tonight.... gotta go do my school work AND housework AND well, you guys understand!

take care..... miss everyone!
Mermaid
Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #49  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Sorry that I went MIA there for about two to three weeks. I had a deadline at school to meet with my 9 alternate assessments. So they are done and turned in. So now I can start thinking about me again. I did lose two pounds last night at TOPS. I guess that is good since I hadn't been there since 2/18.
So what is new with everyone? Not a lot going on here.
Well I guess I better get my big fanny in gear and go to school. I have a fieldtrip this afternoon with the after school program. Going to the movies. So that should be fun. I only have today and tomorrow to go to school. I took Friday off. Just going to be lazy that day.
Hope everyone is doing great. I will chat with you all later. Missed you all lots. Can't wait to catch up with you again.
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 03-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #50  

Well, moved the Butterfly today -- lost 5 pounds since last Tuesday!

I didn't lose any weight for three weeks, and then, boom, five pounds gone! Same thing last time -- no weight loss for three weeks and then boom, 3 pounds were gone! I guess I shouldn't question it, just keep on keepin' on!

Happy happy day!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #51  
burned out bus driver

This hellish week is over........thank goodness. I am tired, tired, tired. # days of training and all the other nonsense that goes on in my life.

Kerry- so glad to hear from you!!! Hope your field trip went well and the rest of the week ended up on a high note. Glad you lost too!

Philly- congrats on moving that butterfly and the weight loss. My doctor once said that the body sheds weight at its own pace, and sometimes that pace makes little or no sense. A loss is a loss and I am happy for you.

Mermaid- so your week stunk too?! Hope you got everything done that you had to do and found a wee little bit of time for yourself. Life with a high schooler is fun, ain't it? So much running around.

Me, I am just an overloaded stressed out monster. Just too full a plate for now, and it will not change for a few weeks. My new trainee scheduled a road test for mid April and my own road test (the second half of the state certification I am attempting to attain) will probably fall somewhere around then too. Oh well. I am, unfortunately, doing a lot of stress eating and it shows on the scale and my waistline. Gotta reverse that trend and now. Anyone want to kick me in the can?

With that, I had better get off and stop complaining. Hope you have a great weekend.
Ginger
Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #52  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey girls! BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Congratulations Philly for the move of the magic butterfly! Read your work online! Enjoyed the pieces that I could find! I've always wanted to try karaoke...however, there has never been ENOUGH alcohol in my system to get me to do it! (Trouble is all the places that "do" it are full of experts! I needed to try back when it began...not now that everyone has become Lounge Lizards! hehehehe!)

Kerry, we were getting worried about you! Glad to hear that all is well and you were just busy! KNOW how that goes!

Ginger, hope you are doing well..... things here ARE crazy.... and the youngest JUST turned 13! So now 2 teens are in the house! YIKES! I leave next week to visit NYC with the band... Staying in Elizabeth, NJ if that means rings a bell! (Still not giving up on the idea of a "visit"!) Hang tough with all your driving stuff! Would LOVE for you to come down here and give my guy a test or two! He is getting better...and I'm getting more gray hair! Wish I could kick your fanny....however, right now, I'm going a bit nuts...gotta get my head straight before I can fix someone else's! YOU KNOW WHAT to do! (as do I....) It is finding the time and having the determination! ARGGH!!! If it helps any, you are NOT alone!

Gotta go work on my sub plans for the days I'm out of school next week! Yummy! I adore sub plans and paperwork! BLEECH!

take care, ya'll!
meeeee
Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #53  

Well, I made the eggs and took a couple dozen one-ouncers to my self-help meeting tonight, and one girl begged me to make six one-pounders for her. Since she is a good friend, I said sure, and then she said, how much. When I declined to be paid, she insisted. So, since I know the good candy stores charge almost $20 now for that size and quality, I accepted her offer of $10, each and I've got $60 coming!

A WW person selling coconut cream Easter Eggs! Kind of like an alcoholic selling booze! Oh, well, I can use the money.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #54  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello my dear abandoned friends! Things here are going way CRAZY! Gained a bit of weight...and am working now to get it back off!

Hope you have a great Easter!

Miss
you guys! Hope all is good with everyone! Take care!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #55  
burned out bus driver

Just having a ton of fun here.......Easter was pretty bad, spent it with my MIL who was in one of her moods. Could not wait to get out of there!
Thank goodness we had today off, so that I could re group a bit and make myself human once more. Well, as human as I can be.
Mermaid- call me when you get up here........I know exactly where Elizabeth NJ is, a cess pool, but I know where it is. Happy travelling and good luck with the 2 teenagers! hehehehe

Philly- congrats on all that profit from the eggs! Where do you source your raw materials from? Hope you were able to make the eggs without compromising yourself.

Sorry for being short....gotta get dinner on.
See ya
G
Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #56  

Ecmom, I did do a lot of finger-licking, but it doesn't seem to have added any weight. "Source my raw materials?" Uh, Pathmark, Acme, BJs, Whole Foods, whoever had the ingredients on sale!

I did make myself an egg, haven't touched it yet, but I know exactly how many points are in it and will weigh and count it accordingly. Since we're heading for Fancy Gap, Virginia, on Wednesday, it will most likely sit in the frig for another week. It was a lot of fun making them, especially since I had the scathingly brilliant idea to use my small crockpot to melt the chocolate in -- it was a lot easier dipping this year, and the chocolate stayed hot and dippable. Last year, I gerryrigged a double boiler with two Revere pots, and oh what a mess! This year was much neater and quicker. And everyone who got one was thrilled.

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 03-24-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #57  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

I've spent the afternoon trying to cram some of my best clothes and some of my casual clothes into the 1 suitcase I'm allowed to carry on this trip! We must turn it in tomorrow....after they go through it AS IF A CHAPERONE would sneak something into their luggage! (I'm carrying a small bottle of Scope just in case I get REALLY desperate! hehehe!) My suitcase goes in with the kids, so I guess, well... you know! I can't get all my STUFF in the one suitcase! I CAN'T! I didn't eat any Easter candy....but I made up for it today...... I'm in a panic...so I eat like a crazy person! I'll try to remember to call! I can't promise a thing since I will be with 80 of my closest teen friends! (OMG!)

Crock pot chocolate eggs sound YUMMY! My mom "discovered" using the crock for candy dipping when I was a kid.... I've only tried to use multiple sauce pans once before I realized that mom was right!

Just looked at the weather ....... the forecast has changed....now it is calling for rain the whole time we're in NYC.............. I've gotta go... vomit!

take care,
meeee
Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #58  
burned out bus driver

Happy Trip Ms Mermaid........if ya get a breather call me- this weekend seems just as nuts as any, but maybe we can work something out.
Phillly- glad you have the won't power to stay away from those eggs!!!!Sound wonderful.

Gotta go back to the salt mines. See ya
Ginger
Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #59  
burned out bus driver

Long tough day....got my walk in though!
Where is everyone?
Take care.
G
Old 03-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #60  
burned out bus driver

Gonna start a new thread.........#3. See ya there!
G
Closed Thread