Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Happy Monday all!

Mermaid- sorry that last week was such a stinker for you. So this new student teacher is a real loser??? Air head/brain dead or just an idiot. And how long do you have to deal with this person? Hope you got all the laundry done and some rest this weekend. But who am I kidding regarding the rest- you have 2 kids and they are at the drive me everywhere stage! Perhaps you got a walk or a tape in- a few minutes of "Mermaid" time! Hang in there, spring is coming!

Philly- ya want some snow?? Come On up! We got around 6 inches, at least, and then the freezing rain kicked in. Lots of fun.......nice and white around here. Speaking of lighthouses, you are not too far from the Cape May lighthouse, ever been there? Should be a pleasant drive for you.....and Cape May is very scenic, although it is years since I have been there. You like old houses too? Guess we have something in common there! I keep feeling I should have been born during the colonial era......they have to drag me out of Williamsburg kicking and screaming usually.

So far so good today......did the new DVD, well as much as my achin' body could stand and got a 15 min walk in. Now if I can just keep my fat mouth shut and not stress eat, things should be great! BTW, tonite is the postponed science fair which I am NOT looking foward to. Oh, I am sure Dd's project will get a good grade, she worked hard on it and it was well done.
Just that I get to see Mrs Science Fair- the wackadoo that I used to attend WW meetings with who always gets dressed up as if she was going to the Oscars for it. And brag on how she lost a gazillion #'s- which BTW she will put on next week,hehehehe. By 7 pm, science fair time, I am a vegetable and have no tolerance for her bulls***. She acts this way every year- and being that I gained 10# I am not really in a mood for her garbage. She is the reason I switched meetings to Tuesday- can't stand an attention hog like her.
Okie dokie.......I have mumbled enough here.......hope everyone is having a great Monday. Kerry, Summerrrr, Penelope we miss you!!!!!
Ginger
Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh, yeah, Ginger, been to Cape May LH a few times. Have done most of the LH in Jersey worth seeing. Cape May, Barnegat, Hereford, Twin Lights, Sandy Hook, the replica of the Tuckers' LH, are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Some day I want to do that weekend LH Challenge they have every year in October. But hubby says we've been to most of them, what's the point? He just doesn't get LH fever like I do.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #33  
burned out bus driver

I am not a huge LH fan, butcan easily see the attraction. Each day's weather is different, different seasons etc..... They are fun and sort of an interesting hobby.

Got to my meeting, I was up a #, but I am waiting for TOM.....sure some of it is water. Lots of walking in today- think I was at it for 70 minutes.

Better get my useless hide back to work. Have a good one!
G
Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #34  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

hey ya'll ....will spend YET ANOTHER night with DS2 at the computer doing his biome project thingy.... wanted to give you all a quick shout and let you know that I'm around....and busy with this thing called life! The project is due on Thursday.... os ...well.... I'll be back! Sorry to not get more personal.... he has his father's toe tap when he is waiting. Very irritating! (((Hugs))) Gin, heard from Kerry?! take care, meeee
Old 02-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #35  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello from me too.......busy day. Had a dentist appt this am- went to the store and at least dinner is figured out and I won't be too much of a basket case tonite. (have Pioneer girls.......)

Mermaid- sorry about the science project. (I just survived the science fair here, I feel your pain). Hope Ds stopped that darned toe tapping- don't ya love it when one of your offspring inherits one of Dh's "better" (hahaha) traits like that!? Hang in there, my dear..ya know I love you lots .

Hi to Philly, Penelope and Kerry........not heard from Kerry.......gonna send her an email and see if she is ok!
Have fun ladies, this is life
G
Old 02-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #36  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

project done! long before bedtime! AMAZING! I've got chills and every inch of my body aches.... I am NOT getting sick. I am NOT getting sick! ARGGGH!

take care my girlies!

Last edited by HatterasMermaid; 02-27-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #37  
burned out bus driver

Dear Ms I am not getting sick..........hope you did not get sick! I hear it is out there- all kinds of nasty bugs. Hope you are ok and if you did not feel great that it was a fast mover and you are on the mend.

Its Friday! Why did this week seem so long? Why am I so tired?
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Take care.
G
Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #38  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

for the first time since I posted my last note, I'm at teh computer... only long enough to pay the bills.... I have influenza A .......went to the doctor... now you must know I'm really ill if I went to the dr. going to take a shower and go back to bed....will catch up sometoher time.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #39  
burned out bus driver

Feel better Mermaid!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear that you have the flu. Ugh. Did you get there soon enough to be able to get one of those anti viral drugs?
(the good news is, you are probably not able to eat much and might lose a # or two!)

Not much new here......we all seem to be slightly under the weather here.
Hope everyone else is ok and having a good weekend.
Ginger
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #40  
burned out bus driver

Ah, another Monday........This week promises to be insane. I have the reschedule of that test on Friday (so I have to study again), all the normal stuff, piano lessons, Pioneers, etc.....plus a new trainee to start working with.
I can see it now, I am going to have to skip my meeting this week- but am planning to get to one Monday next week.

Mermaid- hope you are feeling better!
Penelope and Philly- how are your lives going?
Kerry????? Kerry??????worried about you!
And our Ms Summerrrr- hope we do not have to wait until summer to see you here again. But we all understand busy lives.

Drink your water ladies. Take care
G
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Feel Better Mermaid!

This week will be even more insane........just gained 2 new trainees.
Got a walk in and will get another in as I have no car (inspection)
Sorry to be so short.......just a really busy week.
Take care all.
G
Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #42  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey Gin,
Sorry to hear that your week has been crazy! Where did everyone go here? I am out of bed all day for the first time in a week. Will try to return to school tomorrow. I've got NO energy and a really raspy productive cough. Guess the good thing is that tomorrow is Thursday! I feel like I am in some sort of time warp.... last day I functioned last week 1/2 way was Thursday.... feels pretty weird to realize that a whole week has gone by!

I think I'm going to set my next goal after I feel more like myself and can think straight. 'Til then, my eating is under control ......no appetite! Guess being sick has to have SOME sort of positive, huh?!

take care,
meee
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #43  
burned out bus driver

Being sick has its advantages, Mermaid. Hope today went ok for you and that you are regaining some strength.

I am getting a wee bit of a cold- seems like nothing horrible yet.
Tomorrow is that darned test.....gosh I want this over with and with me passing it. See ya!
G
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #44  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Good luck on your test, Gin! Don't get sick! Today at work was very difficult. 4 different subs left stuff to the best of their ability...but MAN...what a mess to figure out! Tomorrow is another day! Fingers crossed for 100% on your test!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #45  
burned out bus driver

Mermaid, hope today is better and that you are feeling better! Sorry that you were left with such chaos. Lots of luck straightening it out.
Are you feeling any better?

I passed the miserable test. Is there some prerequisite for state tests that they be worded in the most obscure manner? This was typical of NYS- but I survived. Now on to the road test....in about 3 weeks.

Gotta get ready to face my afternoon kiddies. See ya!
G
Closed Thread