Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Kerry, good luck at the WI! Hope it goes well and the scale fairy is kind to you. Glad that you and Dh worked out your differences. Money is tough- and it is hard when things are tight. This is a tough month, just past Christmas and all the Christmas bills come marching in. Its gotta get better, right? Good for you having an OP day. That new Leslie DVD sounds good- how long does the work out last?

I got my kick boxing DVD in this am (thought of you a lot my sister in sweat!). It felt good......have not done it in a long time, and I forgot what a nice workout it is.

Unfortunately my eating has been bad. Had to take Dd to the Dr for a bad throat and fever, as a matter of fact I am the only one not sick right now.
On a high note, my latest trainee passed her road test today......this is my first trainee that only trained with me, so this is a big accomplishment for me.
So much to learn to drive one of those big yellow taxis!

Gotta go finish my dishes. The dishwasher gets fixed next Monday.......after 10 weeks! Finally.
Hi to SUmmerrrr, Mermaid and Penelope. Where are you guys?
Ginger
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #32  
KAR

Ginger sorry to hear that your dd is sick. Hope she feels better soon. Hope you don't get it. Congrats on having your first full trainee pass their road test. I bet that is was a proud moment for you. The walking dvd is about 45 minutes long. Got my 2 mile walk away the pounds brisk walk in this morning. Then did 1.5 miles with the afterschool kids again today outside. Boy was that a brisk walk.
I went to TOPS tonight and lost 4.25 pounds. I was so excited. So I am off to a good start this year. I have a feeling that this could be my year to reach my goal weight.
Hope tomorrow is better for you.
Hi to Summer, Miss Mermaid and Penelope. Hope your weeks are off to a good start.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #33  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hi! Anybody visiting this thread anymore?! Been AWOL for way tooooooo long! I'm hoping my dear old friends will forgive me for being such a creepy friend! I'm working on getting my act together......and I'm looking for my old gang! ::fingers crossed:: I sure miss you girlies!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #34  
burned out bus driver

And we miss you too, Ms Mermaid. Glad to see your sunshiny, sarcastic, hysterical face back here. Post when you can.

Kerry- WOW!!!!!!!Congrats on the 4.25# loss. I hear a wonderful note of confidence in your "voice"......keep on plugging. You will succeed. thanks for the heads up on the DVD, I am going to order something new, just to shake things up a bit. Next week I will call Collage and see what they recommend for me. I am seriously entertaining another Leslie DVD, I know she will not be too intense for me.

Did get my Kickbox DVD in this am before church. So far my eating is ok......and if I just keep it under control for the rest of the day I should be fine. I am getting to a meeting this week.........will avoid the scale, just need the kick in the can.

Gotta go........football game starts soon.
Ginger
Old 01-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #35  
KAR

Evening My Dear Friends,
Welcome back Miss Mermaid! Sure have missed chatting with you. Hope all is going well for you and your family!
Ginger, glad that I could help you my sister in sweat. I got my bender ball in the mail yesterday. I used it for 15 minutes. It sure does do the job. I think I will try to use it every other night for 15 minutes. Then do my walking videos in the mornings. But yes I am tired of carrying around this extra weight and going to take it off this year. My sdd is almost 12 and weighs 198.2 pounds. She told me at the beginning of the year that she would like to take it off. So together we are going to support each other. I told her for every 10 pounds we take off, I will put $10 in a envelope and then we will go shopping for new clothes. I think you have a plan and can stick to it! I hope you are able to get to your meeting this week.
Well I am off to watch a little tv and finish reading a book or two. Haven't really done much this weekend. Just being lazy for a change. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Kerry, that is great that you and your Sdd are going to do this together.
She has a long path ahead of her- but what a great example and role model you can be for her! It is nice to have a fellow dieter in the house, helps with all the temptations etc.... I am glad to hear that you have had a mellow weekend. As a rule, i think we all run around too much.....sometimes a quiet weekend is just the thing we need. Do you have off tomorrow (MLK day)?

Does anyone else have tomorrow off? I do, but Dd has a 4H meeting so that will take up some time in the am......hopefully not too much. I really need another stay at home day badly. Just starting to dig out from the mess in this house.

Better go........nite!
G
Old 01-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Hi, everyone

I'm super busy with school and work, so I probably won't be able to post much. How is everyone doing?

!!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #38  
KAR

Morning everyone,
Glad to hear from you Penelope. Hope all is going well with you? Just drop in when you can to chat with us.
Ginger enjoy your day off today. Hope dd's 4-H meeting doesn't take long! What are your other plans for the day?
Miss Mermaid do you have today off? If so what are your plans?
I plan on doing my workout, reading a book, and working on my alternate assessment paperwork on the computer. So that is my plans for the day off!
Hope you all have a great day. Stay on plan and get up and move a little bit.
Chat with you all later,
Kerry
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #39  
KAR

Congrats Penelope on reaching your goal! That is great!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #40  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello everyone! I am OFF today! WhoooHOoo! Sounds as if everyone is busy, busy, busy!

Penelope, I am chatting with you on another thread! Didn't realize you were also here!
Kerry, long time / no chatter! Hope all is good for you and yours! Tell me about your new bender ball.... think that is what you called it! I'm doing various tapes and walking. I am always much more successful with walking with my friends than the tapes at home with an audience!
Gin, what did you think about that football game last night?! May your day be filled with what YOU want it to be filled with! We are getting ready to face 4 days of exams. I am fighting every step of the way with my guys who don't seem to understand or realize that they need to prepare for these important tests! OMGoodness they are so hard headed!

I'm going to do my school homework, newsletter, and plans while I work on the laundry. Once I get those things done, then I will clean the kitchen floor! It is beyond needing a quick clean! It is going to take me some time! BUT the reward will be wonderful! So I had best get started as it is already after 10! WHERE do the weekends and bonus days go?!

Ya'll take care! Move your fanny!
take care,
meeeeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #41  
KAR

Glad to chat with you Miss Mermaid! Sounds like things are going well for you. As for my Bender Ball, it is that little green ball that you use behind your back for your ab workouts. It is a really great 15 minute workout. I have done it two times already. I can really feel it in my abs. So I guess that is a good thing. Enjoy your day off of catching up on your paperwork, laundry and cleaning your kitchen floor!
I got my Walk Away the Pounds for your Wasitline and the Bender Ball workout in this morning. So I am off to a good start for the day. I am hoping that after I get my shower and dresssed for the day, I can get a hour or two to work on my Alternate Assessments paperwork. But I am going to finish reading The Gift too. It is a great fast read by Richard Paul Evans.
Hope Penelope and Ginger are having a great Monday!
Hoping for a great weigh-in tomorrow night when I go to TOPS. Keep your fingers crossed. Off to a great start for the new year and what to keep it up!
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Please do not ask me how I figure I can lose weight with the way I am eating.........stress monster is overpowering me help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW had next to no time for myself yesterday.....grrrrrrr)

Mermaid- which game? I am rather amused by both football games from Sun nite- admit to falling asleep during the Giants game, but waking up for the last 5 minutes. SO cold......I felt bad for the players. An interesting superbowl is coming up. Now tell me kids have to STUDY for exams?? Novel concept indeed. BTW, I am glad to see you here as a regular again.

Kerry- good luck with the WI.
Penelope- nice that you could check in, hope you are not too busy to find some time for yourself.

Gotta go......Dd goes back to school tomorrow so I owe her some attention.
G
Old 01-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Hi ladies,

How is everyone? I woke up yesterday, and my entire body was sore I was scared that I was coming down with something, but today, I feel better, and I'm only slightly sore.
My schoolwork load feels as though it has eased just a tiny bit. I do have a unit final today, but going into the course, I already knew a lot of what we covered. In terms of homework, the stuff that I have to do at home has eased up a bit...for now, anyway. That's one of the (sometime) benefits of being an adult student - the instructors understand that you have other responsibilities that you need to take care of after classes. It's a good thing school has eased off a bit, because today is the beginning of school + work for 3 days straight
In terms of eating, I'm determined to make this day #1 of staying OP. Ginger, I hear you with the stress eating - it's all I've been doing lately after school every day. But I am sick of how it makes me feel, and I think I really needed atleast a period of NOT being at home alone at night in order to get a handle on it again. Work is going to give me that. In terms of how I'm going to change my diet, I am cutting out as many carbs as possible - I've been living off Mr. Noodle and generic brand SideKick style packages, and I am so sick of them! I'm going to focus on three things - water, protein, and fresh produce (fruits and vegetables). I'm also going to REALLY focus on cutting out ALL sugar.
I will keep posting whenever I can...please do the same!!

Thank you for all of the support that each of you have offered It's great chatting with you ladies on here.
Cheers to an OP day!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #44  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Well for as for my weigh-in yesterday, it didn't happen since it was freezing rain out and they cancelled my meeting. So I don't know how I did this week. So I am hoping for a great loss next week.
Penelope sounds like you have a great plan. Thanks for stopping in and checking in with us. Glad that your school and work load is lighter this quarter. Hope you stay on plan today.
Ginger, I know what you mean about the stress eating. After my meeting was cancelled, I ate the snack for the afterschool program, the basketball team gave me pizza bun, then I had a candy bar and this was all because I didn't get to go to TOPS. We were suppose to plan our open house for next week last night. So I was starting to worry about that. Hope you have a better day today! I have been very good and got my walking videos and dvd's in the mornings. How is your working out going my sister in sweat?
Miss Mermaid how is your week going for you? I hope things are going smoothly for you.
Hi to Summer. Hope all is well with you.
Well I need to close for now. I will check back in later with you all. Have a great afternoon!
Kerry
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #45  
burned out bus driver

Hi Kerry, Mermaid and Penelope! (Summerrr you too, but we don't see you much here!)
Feeling a bit under the weather today.......got a bit of a low key stomach bug. Sorry you could not get to a meeting, Kerry. Penelope, don't work too hard with all that school work!

Lets hope we can all have a great OP day tomorrow! Nite
G