Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #16  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Have you missed me? Sure have missed you ladies. It sure was a rough fall for me and it caught up with me on my scales over the Holidays. So I am going to really try hard to stick with it and starting taking it off again. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I will check back with you later.
Tired and need to find my pillow. Hope all is going well with you.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Hi, Ginger! How's your Saturday going?

I'll be taking a program to get my certificate for medical administration.

Well, today I'm feeling very under-defined Seriously, though...I can't really remember what the kick in the pants finally was. Maybe it was realizing that I could really do it, with a little planning and a lot of work. Reading this forum really helped. I lurked for so long, and when I finally started posting, the support was phenomenal. So...to recap my ramble ...it was support, planning, and honesty that kept me going.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #18  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Hi Penelope. My name is Kerry. I am 34 years old. I have a dh and three stepkids. I am a Special Needs teacher of 9 Multi-handicapped students this year. Between my family and school, they keep me hopping. But this time I am not going to fall off the bandwagon. That is just a little bit about me. I look forward to getting to know you.
Hi Summer and Ginger. Hope all is going well with you ladies. How is school going and the bus route? Hope life is treating you both well.
I started to do my walking videos again. So I am your sister in sweat in the mornings, Ginger.
Well I have to go for now. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Kerry!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!! Glad to see you here my sister in sweat.
Hope this year is a good one for you- we will get these pounds off.

Dreamy- you feeling more inspired now that the week has started? When does school start? Thanks for your input on what your motivation was.
Wish that someone could kick me in the can. I will probably get in gear once I return to meetings, which now looks to be 2 weeks away.

Did get my walk in today, and my eating, if I eat no more today is so so.
At least not a total loss......blowout, or binge fest.

Gotta go-
See ya tomorrow.
G
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #20  
KAR

Hi Ginger Thanks for the welcome. It sure has been a tough few months with my kids at school and then dealing with things at home. I finally said the heck with my stress because I seemed to be eating it and getting lazier. So I devote atleast 30 minutes each morning to working out. Then the rest of the day is for work and home. The health dept. in the county that I teach in is doing a walking program with the kids in the afterschool program. So I am hoping that helps me in the afternoons too! They have to walk 30 minutes M-Th. Plus I have been taking a good hard look at what I am putting in my body as far as food and drink wise. Makes a big difference when you try not to be a binge or stress eater. Plus seeing that my dh and stepsons' are finally get spare tires is poetry justice for me. I think we will all be trying to eat a little bit better from now on. Plus my stepdaughter now weighs 199 pounds and she is only 40 pounds lighter than me. So I told her that we would work together to get the weight off. Hope you had a nice evening.
Penelope and Summer hope your week got off to a good start.
Well think I am going to sign off and go to bed. No use watching my Buckeyes play anymore. What a sad game this is this year!
Chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday!
Night,
Kerry
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi Kerry,
Well, you too have had some personal issues, and I am sorry to hear that. It is great that you are taking a personal inventory and cracking down on stress eating. Good for you getting those 30 minutes in for yourself too!
That is so important. I thought of you this am as I snuck in my short walk.
Have things at home straightened out a bit? Hope so!

Life here has been stressful too- can't say that all family members have been happy or cooperative to live with. And I guess it results in my stress eating.
Oh, crud, some of the weight I took off is coming back on........someone PLEASE glue my mouth shut.

Tomorrow I am walking with a coworker, and hope too to get a tape in.
This nonsense has to stop. I have to get back OP.
Penelope- hope you are doing fine......Summerrr and Ms Mermaid, how are you?
Nite!
G
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #22  
KAR

HI Ginger,
Things at home have straightened out a little bit. I think we have finally found how to live a happy medium without having to agure all the time and see both sides of the coin so to speak. If that makes any sense. I had a hetic day at school with one of my student's. He though he could run the show and found out that I was the one in charge and he had to follow my orders. So I am hoping that after a day and a half of his nonesense, he behaves better tomorrow. I did get another 1 mile walk in with the afterschool kids tonight on the high school's track. I went to my TOPS meeting and had gained 4.25 pounds since the second week in Dec. So I am going to work really hard to get it off and more. Not going to give up this time until I reach my goal weight. I have excerised each day since last Thursday for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your walk tomorrow. I hope that you can also squeeze in a tape. I know that it is nice to walk with someone besides always doing the WATP tapes. Hope your day goes easy for you and that you don't give in to the stress eating.
Hi to Miss Mermaid, Summer and Penelope. Hope you are having a good week and staying OP.
Well I need to close and think about going to bed. The last couple of nights I have went to bed around 12 and got back up at 6. Not good when dealing with a lot of stress at work right now. Have 9 alternate assessments due the first week of March. So have a lot of paperwork to fill out on my students. Thank God they put them on line. This way I can type them out and save time by printing them all out and making sure they are all neat. But I am finding other ways to deal with my stress like taking small breaks, going for walks, listening to music instead of giving in and eating my stress away. The stress might go away but the pounds sure do stay around. LOL
Night,
Kerry
Old 01-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Kerry, I have total confidence in you and know that you will get those 4.25 # off. That is nothing, considering that you did not WI for over a month and that month had 2 big holidays. You can do this........sounds as though your reserve is strong and you have a good action plan. Hope today went better with your problem student. Some kids are just begging for an adult to assert authority and then respond well. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is one of those and that today went well. Good for you getting those walks in! BTW, I am thinking of investing in another Leslie DVD- some kind of power walk that I do not have. Sounds like a fun tape....which ones do you have?

I was tapped today for a random drug/alcohol test....... Just one more thing to make my life interesting........oh well. I did - even with the test- get my walk in with my buddy. A much needed walk for each of us and a relaxing time. She is good company. Other than that my day was very busy but ok. I trained with someone (a new driver who goes for her road test next week) during my time off, then had Pioneer girls this evening.
RIght now I just want to sit down with my book and relax.....think that is what I am gonna do.

Penelope, Summerrr and Mermaid....how are you!?

See you tomorrow!
Ginger
Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #24  
KAR

Evening Ginger,
Thanks for the kind words. I really needed some extra confindence this evening. Today was better at school. But it was just crazy busy trying to get everything done. We did get to walk outside tonight for a half hour. Then when I left school, I came home eat dinner changed my clothes really quick and then it was off to the bowling alley to hang out with some of our friends. One of our friends brought his little brother with him. Don't get me wrong I love the kid to death, but he is 15 and in that annoying stage. After bowling three games and listening to his mouth, I was ready to go home. So here I be. I bought a bender ball and am patiently awaiting it's arrival so I can start getting rid of my belly fat. My eating was really good today. I know I got my water intake too, since I was peeing up a storm. Glad you got your walk in today with your friend. Those are the best kinds of walks. I think I might have found two coworkers who I can get to walk with me occasionally. Don't think you have anything to worry about with your drug/alcohol test. So what book are you reading right now? I am reading The Gift by Richard Paul Evans. I just finished The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I did pick up a book on cd the other day at the library and started to listen to it in the van on my way to work and back. It is Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. It seems really good so far. As for the Leslie tapes, I have Walk and Jog, Walk and Kick, Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs 1 and 2, Super Challenge, 3 mile walk, 4 mile, Walk the Pounds Brisk Walk. So is tomorrow your weigh in day? Good luck!
Hi to Miss Mermaid, Summer, and Penelope.
Well off to check one more thing on the computer and then off to bed. Chat with you tomorrow evening.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Hi Kerry,
Glad to hear that you have some potential company for walking. It sure does help! Think the tape I was looking at is the WATP brisk walk one. How do you like it?
Sorry about the moody 15 yr old and bowling. Stinks when you are looking foward to something for yourself, like that and a moody kid blows it. I am sure you are even more sensitive to it being that you deal with other kids all the time anyway. Can't remember the name of the book I am reading- it is pretty good - loaned to me by a coworker. Think the author's name is Carolyn Woodsmall- very soothing book.....restful. My next book on tap is a mystery. Glad you had a good day eating !

Got my walk in. Kiddies were awful.........see ya later!
G
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #26  
KAR

Hi Ginger,
I really like the Brisk Walk tape. It sure is a brisk walk. I have a nice sweat going on when I am done. Plus using the resitance band with it helps to strenghten and tone your muslces. Didn't get to get my walk in this afternoon at school. Sure could have used it. Had another trying day with my one student who needs to be the center of attention at all times. Then sat through a boring staff meeting. Went to dinner for my friend's birthday and had a really bad waiter. So it just hasn't been a very good day. very tired tonight and looking forward to the weekend. Just need a break. Is it summer vacation already? Did eat good today though. I didn't go over board at dinner. Did also get my morning walk in. So the day wasn't all that bad.
How was your day? Glad to hear that your book is pretty smoothing. You definately need that after having to drive bus with all the lovely little angels.
Well I think am going to sign off for now and go to bed. Chat with you tomorrow. Have a wonderful Friday!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello.
Thanks for the advice on the Leslie tape....think I am going to get that one.
Hope that your Friday went better than THursday did.....sounded like a long day.
Tonite I am off to sleep at a museum with Dd and her 4H group........a science museum....somehow do not think sleep is going to be an option! Plus that TOM showed up this am- gee can the timing be worse?
Hope you have a great weekend.
G
Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #28  
KAR

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. I hope you enjoy yourself! It does sound fun, but after a couple hours I would want to go home.
Friday was much better for me. I did eat on plan yesterday, even though I was very tired. Went out for a little bit last night with dh and some friends. It was fun. But once I got super tired, the fun had stopped. Today so far, I have gotten up, delievered some Avon books, got my hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed. Thinking about getting me some Subway for lunch and then taking a walk at the lake. Don't know what else I will do today. Had words with my dh this morning over money issues. He said some things that hurt my feelings and he can't seem to understand why I can't just snap out of it and act all lovey dovey and normal. Maybe the walk will help clear my mind and I will be able to stand his presence when he comes home later this afternoon.
Well I am off of here to go enjoy the sunshine outside for a little while. Hope you have a great weekend.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Kerry- hope your walk cleared your mind a bit. Funny how our men can say stuff, some pretty hurtful stuff and figure after they drop their bomb, we can just jump back all smiles and sunshine. Hope your mood improved and that you ended up with a decent weekend. Did you have anything different done with your hair? Happy with the cut?

We have a 2 hour delay- but I still got up early. Dd went back to school this am, and Dh went to work early hoping to avoid traffic.
Got 4 hours of sleep Saturday nite at the museum, but Dd and I had a great time. Glad I was able to share that with her.
Off to the treadmill. Hope everyone has a great day!
G
Old 01-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #30  
KAR

Evening,
Glad you had a nice time with dd at the musem. That was worth only getting 4 hours of sleep. Hope you made it through your day fairly easily.
My walk did clear my mind. It helped a lot. We did talk and he told me that he was feeling depressed because of money issues at the moment. Plus how he has been cooped up in the house here lately.
Today was a great day for me. I eat healthy! Got in my water intake and then some. Walked 3 miles with a new Leslie dvd. It is called Walk Away The Waistline with a walking belt. Then walked 1 mile outside with the kids this afternoon with the afterschool program. So I was engerized when I got home tonight. Made several phone calls for my Avon business and TOPS. Did a load of laundry, washed the dinner dishes and wrote my information on my Avon books. So I have had a great start to the work week. Hope all goes well this week. Keep your fingers crossed that I have a great weigh-in tomorrow evening. Hope you have a great week!
Night,
Kerry