Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #16  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations Steph! Let us know how little Sawyer is doing, and post some pics when you've got a chance!

Well yesterday I was doing GREAT and then a friend stopped by (lat minute) and I ended up having some tortilla chips, a beer, and a fiber one bar. ALL after I had reached my points target. Crappy I think I need to switch back to the points range. That used to work well for me. I don't like having the same number to shoot for every day!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #17  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Default Congratulations Steph!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...89/babyboy.jpg

Congratulations Steph!!!!!! Good Luck at the doctor tomorrow!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #18  
jeanne

Morning everyone! It is sooooo nice to see everyone here this morning! So glad everyone is discussing their "diets" (urgh, I hate that word....lol)

Steph - I'm sure after you get back on a routine - you'll start shedding some of those pounds!!!
Misty - Awww, don't cry! Fight! Haha! I know, that is not easy and we have all been in your shoes many many times! C'mon girl - I know you can do it! By the way, how often are you guys weighing in?
Lori - I did really well at counting points! Good Luck getting back on that!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #19  

Lori-Have you tried the Wendy Plan? I like it. I did well with the range too and banking on my lower days and using those on my higher days. That's how I lost the bulk of my weight before. It's the same thing as flex but yet it's not you know?

Jeanne-I am fighting. I dragged out my tracker, my calculator and my books. I ate a 2 point all protein breakfast instead of the white toast and butter I would have liked to have had. I'm pre-measuring my cream (fat free) and sugar into my coffee that I am taking to work with me. I'm actually taking the entire pot! It's insulated and spill proof. I can then have the cream and sugar already in it so no cheating at work. It will allow me a flavored beverage with controlled points. I also find warm drinks help keep me feeling full. I have found some teas I like as well by Celestial Seasonings.

i'm gonna try to talk DH into grocery shopping today if I can get a list. Lunch is still killing me.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #20  

Misty - its not that I am plateauing, it is just that I'm down a little on willpower now. So I need to change things up just a little, and hopefully that will work Whats up with your lunch? are you having problems with options?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #21  

Yeah. Lunch should be easy but I seem to be throwing the kids stuff together and just not getting mine packed. Then I eat out. I can't eat lettuce, but I enjoy non lettuce salads. I guess it's the prep work. I don't have much time. But also it gets dull. I also seem to be really hungry by 3 pm. Or maybe it's stress, that's my I need a candy bar and Mt Dew time.

I just worked out a menu plan for the entire month almost. I allowed 10 days for quick stuff and eating out. Then I wrote a grocery list for those meals. I am hoping this helps out with the ordering out almost every night or eating quick junk. Some will allow for leftovers for lunch. Which will help. I need to amp up my breakfast without increasing my points also. What do you guys eat for breakfast?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:26 AM   #22  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

For those interested in a weight loss drug Meridia really works great. I lost 12 lbs without trying at all. I would have lost more if I had been exercising and watching my diet more. It works to increase your sensation of being full so you don't eat as much. It really, really works but the side effects are potentially increased heart rate and or blood pressure so usually the docs want to monitor that every month or so. Not something that you'd take forever, my insurance company was willing to pay for 6 months and that is usually what the docs recommend anyway. Would definately try it again. Would never, ever try one of these drugs that give explosive diarrhea. I want to lose weight but not that badly!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #23  

Yeah exactly! My sister was on meridea as well. She had moderate success, but as some of you know she had a lot of issues going on beyond just weight loss. I have considered asking my dr for help. But the last time I did the lady (no longer my dr) threw 4 pages of info on diabetes and that kind of diet at me and walked out. They were like photo copied from some magazine article.

BTW since my sister had WLS she's lost over 100 pounds. But she's also gotten kidney stones and during that ordeal she began feeling heart arrhythmias. Turns out her sleep apnea has most likely caused or is linked to a heart condition and she has to go in for a procedure next week. If they can find the area of the heart that is causing the issue they will do what is called an ablation I believe, in other words kill that area of her heart. But they may also find that it is beyond that dr's scope and she will be sent to Cleveland, possible for a pace maker. She's 28. She can't exercise, she's not losing weight which is making her depressed. It's really scary. She was running two miles a day on her treadmill! She has found evidence that many people who have had WLS end up with a similar condition, however it's not a direct correlation b/c they were older and already at a very high risk for heart disease or had already had heart problems. In all her tests though she was 350 pounds her cholesterol and other indicators were well within normal limits and there were no signs of blockages. So if you could keep her in your prayers I'd appreciate that!

We went out to eat last night and I did GREAT! Iw as a little frustrated b/c I thought I would of had extra points but I used them all and I felt very hungry still. But I am glad I was successful!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #24  

Hey ladies! I had an emotional eating experience last night. Only ate an extra 2 points (mmm chocolate) but this is why:

We have a guy whose mother owns the house next door to us. He rents out the house (his mom is in a nursing home). Well before they rented it, they put up a fence inbetween the properties. First of all, it is BACKWARDS and the metal posts are on our side (he refused to turn it around). Secondly, we told them we DID NOT want a gate on our side (to go from the front yard to the back). So the fence went up when we were on vacation - along with metal posts for a gate. He insisted on finishing the gate even though we told him we didn't want it. So this was LAST SEPTEMBER. Last night was the first time we've seen him since. He brought us a bill for the materials for the gate! I couldn't believe this... DH already hates this guy because he really talks down to him just because he is older. I called him and told him we had no intention of paying for something we told him we didn't want. He told us just to "do what we think is right". I was willing to leave it at that, but my parents think we should take the gate down. A friend suggested sending a letter and saying that we had no intention of paying for the gate because we said we didn't want it, and that if he wanted us to take it down we will. I think something in writing is a good idea. More than likely, the guy won't ever say anything to us about it again, but my mom is afraid the guy has mental issues and might not consider this a "final solution", like he will still think he should get paid since he put it up. I don't know, what do you think? Sorry this is so long!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I talked to his tenants (who hate him) and found out that the reason he's doing this is because his daughter is getting married and he needs money, because he's trying to get extra money out of them too. WTF?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #25  
jeanne

Hi girls!

Lori - that is stressful! The houses on both sides of us are rentals!! When I walk out my back door all I see are 4 overflowing garbage cans! Urgh! And the landlords are never around to clean up the properties and mow! Good luck on finding the solution!

jen - I've done Merida. I agree with your thoughts on it! I don't remember how many pounds I lost. That is just one of the million things I have tried over the years! Unfortunately, I re-gained that weight back too!

Misty - I have never planned out that many meals - I really need to try that though. Do you find that you follow it? We eat out way too much!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #26  

Hey Misty I was so upset earlier that I didn't answer your questions! For breakfast I like to have a smoothie (1 cup milk, 1 cup nonfat yogurt, 1 cup frozen berries = 5 points) or some cereal (2/4 cup puffins or fiber one is only 1 points) with milk and a banana or other fruit. Other than that, there is oatmeal and cream of wheat, but I only switch over to those in the winter.

How about making your lunch the night before? I do that if I think I am going to want a salad, or carrot sticks, anything that takes a long time to prep!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #27  

Lori-How awful! Something in writing does seem wise, yet then again you don't want to set him off. What a sticky situation. I would be upset also.

I had more to say but my kids are screaming I am getting frustrated with them. Guess I better cook supper.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #28  

Misty - No worries! I called a friend of mine who is a lawyer and is working with me on wording for a letter to send him (certified of course heh). I think it will all work out ok. I just NEVER want to see this guy again.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy this morning! Scale said 169 (it was up to 173 at some point, I think there was some water weight involved...) Anyway I'm happy that I am only up 2 nad not 5 anymore hahaha Official WI at WW is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck
Old 08-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #29  

That is great Lori! Good luck on your WI. I need to pick an official day. I weigh in all over the place.

Breakfast has me stumped as much as lunch. I feel like I should eat more but I hate "wasting" my points on breakfast. I think it's a mind thing.

This is the first time I have mapped out this many meals, so we'll see who well I stick to it. My theory is these are things we eat most of the time. SO instead of not knowing what to make, here is my list and I go right down the line. I hope it works. B/c then I am thinking when stuff goes on sale I'll know what to stock up on. There is enough room in the plan for changes and eating out, but not so much that it's daily. So we'll see.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #30  

My friend at work and I were talking about horses. She's actually going to come over and help me work with mine since DH never did anything with them. I mentioned to her that I want an Icelandic horse, which are small and she said you have to watch smaller horses b/c with how much weight you put on them. She totally didn't mean to be mean or anything, but WOW everyday it seems there is a wake up call. You'd think one of these days I'd answer the phone!