Old 07-22-2007, 02:52 PM   #46  

Cool

Mermaid: Glad you had fun at the Styxx concert. I can hear their music in my head right now, "Babe I'm leavin' I must be on my way..." Over 25 years ago I listened to them and it's like yesterday. You make me want to get in my car and drive to Busch Gardens right now, minus the crowds. I'm not a thrill ride fan, but I know there is more to it than that. Thanks for the well-wishes!

Ginger: Where for art thou?

Daph: I understand your desire for summer to end considering where you are, but you must know that those of us up north have been desperately waiting for the only 3 months out of the year that we can enjoy the awesome sunshine. I suffer through the other 9 months, especially winter, with asthma, aches & pains (probably arthritis), and the blues because of the cold weather and lack of sun exposure. My family and I will be moving to Florida in 9 years after DD graduates high school. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE. My dad lived in Venice, Fl. after my mom died, and in the summer, he would stay in the A/C in the early afternoon when it was oppressively hot, but otherwise, he loved the climate and I did too when I would visit in the summer. I have friends that don't tolerate heat well, so when we do move there, they will most likely visit us during Florida's coolest months.

I'm off to enjoy the pool and the much desired sunshine right now! Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!
Summerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #47  
burned out bus driver

Still alive here........and surviving the weekend ok, I think!
Summer!!!!!!!Don't move to Fla, my friend!!!!! (I know it is years off!). I keep hoping that someday, somehow we will meet.
Ms Mermaid- sounds as though you are enjoying summer- went to a concert eh? Hope it was good!
Daph- I gather from Summer's post that you are sick of the heat. I rather dislike hot stuff myself, and will probably turn into a large monster towards the end of the week when it heats up.

Been darned busy.........having company over next weekend and my house is a disaster. Today we took my wonderful mother in law out (cough, cough).
Hope I can stay good for the rest of the day. Tomorrow is saner, and I will be a better friend and really respond......nite!
Ginger
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #48  

Cool

Good morning ladies! It is a rainy dayand only 65 degrees. So, no pool or sunbathing today. And a light jacket is required. It certainly is not my favorite kind of day, but since DD is at Vacation Bible School right now and has a play date later, I have time to myself to do scrapbooking! I have piles of photos that have been accumulating because when I do have free time, it is usually used to clean a toilet or do some dishes! I used to be able to do stuff like this when DD was little and still napped. But those days are long gone, and now we are constantly on the go or entertaining her friends. She keeps me so busy, in a good way, that I can't imagine when she grows up how it will feel.

Ginger: Don't be alarmed about me moving to Florida. We plan on buying a house big enough to have a comfortable guest room, and besides, what better place to take a trip to visit a friend...especially during a particularly bad winter? So, how is your MIL doing anyway...as pleasant as ever?!

Mermaid & Daph: How was your weekend?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #49  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!!!!!!
I am enjoying a rainy day here.........gives me a chance to get my messy house cleaned. I was tired of cultivating my weed patch anyway.
Summerrrr- you have the same weather as us.....gee, I kind of like it! Enjoy your scrapbooking day, and some much deserved time to yourself to regenerate and be creative. We are better mom's when we get that much needed time off. And believe me...just because kids are in college, do not think your job is over. It changes quite a bit, and you become more of a manager/advisor than a mother, but it is still very much there. Once you are a mom, you are always a mom. I might just take you up on that vacation in Fla........would still love to see you someday when you are still only a somewhat short distance from me though!

Daph and Ms Mermaid....hope your weekend ended well!

I did get a walk in this am, came home from it during a light rain. Now I have all this cleaning, waitingfor the onslaught of my Dh's family this weekend. Hey, I have a great idea........I will get the house all clean and the cooking done for the company, and then drive north to visit Summerrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and believe me, that is what I feel like doing). Speaking of crafting, I have the ultimate bummer crafting story. # years ago, I started making a tote bag for myself. Cut it out, got started on the sewing. 2 weeks ago I had all the pieces.......got the machine set up........now one piece is missing, and I cant do a darned thing! (talk about ticked off). I get so little time to sew......love to do it......and the piece that is missing is in a way irreplaceable. I can ad lib without it, but it will not quite be the same.

Ok, nuff of me bellyachin. Hope your day is going well.........
Ginger
Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #50  
burned out bus driver

Oh, and Ms Summerrrr......yes the wonderful lady (MIL) was in her usual miserable form. Not a pleasant thought to think that she will be tormenting me two weekends in a row. What was I thinking??????
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #51  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll......
I've had one of those days. I just sort of feel like I need a huge vitamin pill and a kick in the fanny..... planning to go to Busch Gardens in the morning with the boys and a few friends... It will be fun. They will ride all they want to and we will get in a bit of exercise. We will be home by mid afternoon and everyone will be happy!

DH is heading to Hatteras tomorrow after work with our friend who owns the house we frequent. They had some family friends use the house last week and they want to just check it out and do some cleaning and such.... Sounds like excuses if you ask me; however, I'm not giving him a hard time! He has worked so much with so little time off since tourist season really kicked in.

Eating has been in control for the most part. This summer with all these teenaged attitudes and spinning heads...... ARGGHHH! Testosterone is evil, I tell you! (Said with love in my heart, of course!)

talk to you all after our BG adventure!
take care,
meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #52  

Wink

Ginger: Sorry your craft project got screwed up. When you least expect it, that missing piece will pop up. Sorry MIL continues to be a thorn in your side. You can choose your friends, but family...AAAHHHH!!!!

Mermaid: I'm beginning to become a bit jealous of all your trips to Busch Gardens with your seasons pass. I'll have to remember this when I'm living in central Florida and drop in at Disneyworld all of the time. By the way, you are also invited to stay in my guest room when we move. Have fun today with your big kids!

DD is at VBS, so I will do some more scrapbooking. I need to work on the album from my nephew's wedding last October. DD was the flower girl, and my nephew is her Godfather, so it was a BIG DEAL. The wedding was on Long Island and we were there for three days because of the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, the wedding, and the luncheon the day after. We won't be having another family event like this one for a long time. My other nephew is living with his girlfriend locally, and when and if they finally do tie the knot, it will be much more informal. DD is the next one in line on my side of the family, so we have many years before another wedding spectacular.

Today is my real 14th anniversary. We celebrated last Friday because who wants to celebrate on a Tuesday? For our 20th, we are planning on renewing our vows at The Grand Floridian's gazebo in Disneyworld. Our friends will be there, and maybe family. DD will be my maid of honor. All of the ladies will have a spa day the day before the ceremony, and our second honeymoon will be in Disneyworld, of course. We were gonna wait till our 25th, but I don't want to be too old to enjoy myself!

Enjoy your day!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #53  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Do you have room for one more? I sure have missed you gals. I just decided to come back to 3fc last week. Things have been hetic in my life here lately and I need to recommit to doing things for me first and not for everyone else. I have gained back some weight and am trying like heck to take it back off and then some. Things are still the same with the dh and stepkids. Still being used by the ex-wife like crazy. But oh well, trying to deal with it all by eating healthier, limiting myself to one diet pop a week and starting to work out again daily.
I went to TOPS tonight and gained a pound. So I am a little bummed about that. But haven't reached for food for comfort.
Well need to go and get some stuff done around the house. Will check back in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #54  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey Kerry! Good to see you here tonight as I am checking in!

We got home from Busch Gardens around 5:30..... Both boys are exhausted as am I....and it wasn't crowded nor THAT hot. Waiting my turn in the shower. We will all sleep late tomorrow for sure! DH is in Hatteras.....lucky guy! He will be home tomorrow night! Boys are going to go to WaterCountryUSA (Local water park owned by BGardens) tomorrow with friends. I *WON'T* be going! WHOOOHOOO! (I dislike water parks more than just a LOT!)

Hope you all notice how beautiful that moon is tonight! It is lovely here tonight.....too bad the bugs prevent gazing for too long! (I tried!)

take care,
meeee
Old 07-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #55  

Wink

We're back together again!!! So glad you're here Kerry! With the four of us working together, we will all be successful!!!

DD wanted me to make her chocolate chip bars...my big weakness. So, I snuck in whole wheat flour and Smart Balance oil instead of butter. You'd never know the difference! They taste just as naughty as the real thing. Next time I need to substitute the sugar with Splenda, but I need to buy a new bag. I'm not feeling in control right now...got some money stressors right now. But, I'm working toward calming myself down and taking better care of myself. Prayer...that always works.

DD is at Vacation Bible School again this morning. I'm not accustomed to so much freedom. In the past, I've ended up having to volunteer because she didn't feel comfortable being left. It's weird. The girl was in an at-home daycare at 3 months of age, twice a week. At 3 years old, she went to a daycare center and then pre-k with no problem. Once she got accustomed to K in the public school, she has loved school since. But any kind of day camp whether gymnastics, cheerleading, or VBS, she wouldn't let me leave till this year. I don't get it. The weird thing is she got homesick at her BFF's house on Friday, but she still wants to sleepover my MIL's house tomorrow. I'm concerned because DD isn't very close to my in-laws, 1. We only see them a few times in the summer, since they live in Florida the rest of the year; 2. They aren't affectionate people and DD is used to being hugged all of the time. I let DD know that if she gets homesick, we won't be able to get to her quickly. Their summer home is 90 minutes away from us. But she insists she can handle it. I just have this feeling that I'm gonna be getting in my VW at midnight on Thursday to go bring her home. I sure hope not!

Today is beautiful, so DD and I will spend the afternoon in the pool. Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Summerrrr; 07-25-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: You'd think I'd be able to spell!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #56  
KAR

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! It sure is good to be back together with you all. You don't know how much I have missed you and needed your support. I was so happy yesterday afternoon when I opened Summerrrr's PM. Sorry I didn't reply back but was on my way out the door to go to TOPS.
Enjoy your time alone, Summerrrr. Boy your dd has sure grown up here in the last year or so. Enjoy your swim this afternoon.
Miss Mermaid are you enjoying your free time today? Sounds like you really enjoy your time at Busch Gardens. I live too far away from Cedar Point or Kings Island to go enjoy them on a regular basis. I am trying to win tickets to go to Cedar Point though. The one tv station is doing summer road trips and I am trying to guess the clues to win the tickets. Glad you are enjoying your walks with Leslie and gang!
Ginger, sounds like things are still the same with you and your family. I have been thinking of you lots here lately. The boys are on an all-star baseball team. They play this weekend in the local tournment, so guess where I will be all weekend long. I can't wait for baseball to be over for a while. But then I heard that they were going to start a fall league in my town. So I don't know if we will be doing that or not.
Well ladies, I get to go and buy new tennis shoes today for me. I haven't had a new pair in over a year and a half. So it is going to feel like Christmas to me.
I hope you all have a wonderful day! I will try to come back and chat with you all later. I have to go shopping with hubby and the boys. Then I have a training class for a second job this evening and then it is off to the local bowling alley to bowl with my hubby, two stepsons and sil.
Kerry

Last edited by KAR73; 07-25-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #57  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Wow what a day I had! I went shopping with my hubby and two stepsons. I got a new pair of tennis shoes, nike flip flops and 3 workout outfits. So I guess it did feel like Christmas for me. Since as you well know I usually don't get to spend money on me. Then we went to Taco Bell for lunch. Not my first choice for lunch. Just had 2 soft tacos and some iced tea. Then it was home to rest for a few hours, and then off to job training. I sat through 2 1/2 hours of training and get to go back tomorrow evening. I will be working at a call center. Then went bowling for 3 hours. So I am just a little tired this evening. So hopeful this schedule of being busy will help me lose the weight. LOL
So how was everyone else's day? The only thing that I was not able to do today was workout. So I guess I will have to try and squeeze in a few more minutes tomorrow and the next day when I workout.
Well I think I am going to call it a day and go read for a little bit before falling asleep. Have a great evening!
Later taters,
Kerry
Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #58  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey hey hey!
Wow, you were a busy girl today, Kerry! Glad you were able to enjoy your little Christmas in July! I love new shoes! Since my husband was not home last night, I wasn't able to sleep too well..... I've been so sluggish all day...and am heading to bed NOW... which is early for me! I took the dog on a short walk this evening (not far enough for it to really amount to anything as far as exercise!). I got in nearly enough water. Gotta work on that tomorrow for sure! Hope you all had good productive Wednesdays!

Type to you tomorrow!
take care,
meeee
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #59  
KAR

Need to vent for a few minutes. Why is it that us women get used all the time? My dh told the boys that they could spend the night to night and we would take them bowling. Which was fine with me. Then our friend shows up at the bowling alley and asked my dh to go out with him for a little bit. He is like sure I can do that. Mind you we have his children spending the night at our house. Would that be the time to go hang out with your buddies all night long? I guess I am just mad because he never even asked me if it was okay with me that he go hang out with his friends. I babysat the kids on Saturday night for him so he could go do a favor for one of our friends at the local county fair. I was the one who was able to find a part-time job to help us out of our money problems. On Monday night, he came home from ball practice only long enough to say hi and put the boys gear in their room and then he took off for his friend's house. He was gone for 6 hours and came home at 4 in the morning and wanted to chat. Then slept in on Tuesday morning, so when the kids got here I was the one to watch them. Then he made this big deal about staying home last night to spend time with me. Well I got home from my TOPS meeting at 7:30 and he never got home until 9:30. You know what he did, played poker on the computer all night long. Then watched a little tv. So how is that spending time with me? Then today we had the boys all day long, go to the bowling alley and then he takes off again. With me starting this new job, I won't have any really free time with him for a long time. I guess it is just starting to really piss me off that I am getting take advantage of all the time. When will it be my turn to just hand over the step kids and go out with my friends for a change. I am always the one who has to change their plans to accomandate everyone else. Do I have Stupid Loser stamped across my forehead or what? Sorry for venting but I had to get it off my chest. I can't say anything to my dh now or I know it will cause a big fight. We have went for 6 days now without fighting. That is a new record for us. Wow! Or is he going to realize how much he counted on me to pick up the pieces when I am working this part-time job and teaching school at the same time? Well I better go and get some shut-eye. I am really tired this evening.
Check in with you all tomorrow.
Kerry
Old 07-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #60  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is having a great day! I sure am. I got to sleep in and then do my workout. I did the Walk/Jog Dvd. Got ready and went out to lunch with my dh this afternoon. I was a good girl too. I got a grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad. So I am off to a good start with my eating and working out for the day. Then we went to the sporting goods store to get ball pants and socks for the tournment this weekend. Jeez I am going to miss it because I have to work Saturday morning! Then the boys came home from swimming at a friend's house. So it has been a nice day so far. Here in a little bit I am going to have to go and get ready to go to work from 5 to 10. I just have to think of something that I can have dinner before I go to work. Maybe I will just stop at Subway and get me a sub since we haven't been to the grocery store yet. DH came home last night around 2 and couldn't believe that I was still up and so was his one son. But I couldn't go to sleep and his son was playing on the computer. I finally went to bed around 3. Day number 7 without any fights with DH. Maybe we are going to break a new record. Maybe my little comment to my hubby might have hit home for a change. Or the threat of me leaving him could have done it!
So how is everyone else's day going?
Miss Mermaid are you getting in your water for the day? Did you go for a walk with the walking gang today? Hope you were able to get some rest last night.
Summerrr how was the play date yesterday? Did you get some more scrapbooking done? I love your idea for renewing your wedding vows. What a cool idea! I would love to renew my vows someday with my hubby in the mountains. I think that would be so beautiful!
Ginger how is the remodeling of the oldest's room? Hope you got it put back together again. So are you all prepared for the mil's visit this weekend? Hope things go smoothly for you. If not, just hop in your car and come to Ohio for a visit. LOL
Well I just looked at the clock and realized that I have 1 hour and 10 minutes before going to work. I still need to change my clothes, brush my hair and teeth, go to the gas station and make stop and get something to eat all before 5. So I better close for now. Looks like we are going to get a thunderstorm. Yippeee!
Talk to you all later. I hope that I can get the computer tonight after I get home from work. We are going to have a little house guest this evening. LOL I don't have to babysit for once. Let's see if hubby has to run out when I get home for a break.
Have a great afternoon!
Later taters,
Kerry