Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Talking Sunday Weigh-in

Just starting my weight-in for September and doing this on Sundys after my meets. I lost 3.8 lbs this week, which was good since I gained .8 last week.

I think I needed the kick to get me back on the ball and break this slump. Any one else weight in on this day?

Old 09-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  
You bite it you write it!

Height: 5' 2"

Hi April,
I also weight in on Sundays I just started WW on 9-1-06 but didn't do my first weight in until the 10th so that I could see more results and to have the same WI day as my sister. Who started WW a few weeks before me....
Whoo hooo... I lost 6 pounds my first WI !!!
I was so excited WW really does work
How long have you been doing WW?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #3  

I started the end of June and have lost 25lbs and really love it there. I was never going to do it since I thought I know how to eat healthy, boy was I wrong.

They really help me find out I can eat anything and not have to be so strict, which I needed since now I know I was under eating. I also was scared of eating crabs, no I eat more and seem to not get so sick all the time. I was also eating too many fruit and vegetables.

Since then the weight has been coming off faster and I feel great. Also like the fact I can go out on a Sunday after and go eat a slim slam at Denny's and not feel like I am breaking my diet.

Last edited by Sweetloml; 09-14-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:07 PM   #4  

Wow!! 25 lbs since June you are doing great on WW Congratulations!!!
I actually do WW at home I haven’t been to any of the real WW meetings. I would like to go but it is kind of expensive. I did buy the at home kit off of Ebay. My sister is also doing WW with me at home so we both are doing it together. What do you normally do at the WW meetings?

I love the flex plan. I love that I can eat almost anything as long as I write it down and count the points. On other diets I have tried I would always end up cheating to eat chips or ice cream (my personal weaknesses). But now I can just go buy Fat Free chips or WW ice-cream bars and actually not be cheating at all. It is great

I can't wait until my weight in this Sunday. I lost so much the first weight in that I am not sure if I will lose very much this time. I am hoping for at least a 2 lb loss. I guess I have high expectations? But We will soon see just two more days away
Old 09-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #5  

Whoo Hoo, I lost 2 lbs this week......

I am so excited that I actually lost any weight at all. I thought for sure that I wouldn't be down much because I lost 6 lbs in the first week.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #6  

Congratulations on the lost, I think your doing a great job.

I think you can do WW either way, only difference and you have a subject for the week to talk about and people bring in meals and great food to try each week. If someone try’s a recipe they review it with the others. I think either way works. I figure as long as you have the support you need and eat healthy you can't go wrong.

I did well this week, and lost .8 lbs, I am happy with it and know I worked out and tried not to eat bad things. I was working at a Church Festival Saturday and spent Friday there with my son. I am glad I did not gain weight and know I have a better week next week.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #7  

That's great that you lost .8 lbs. Way to go!!!

Sounds kind of fun to bring in a dish for everyone to try. I like to cook a lot. I am always trying to make new dishes from recipes that I find online or see on TV.

Well my sister and I have started getting together every Sunday for WI day. We weighted in right at 9 am this morning before eating anything. Then I made breakfast for us. We have decided we will also work out together every Sunday. So we ended up working out to the Biggest Loser work out DVD today. Then we walked my son down to the park. It's only 15 min away but that is an additional 30 min of exercise.

I have a son too; he is actually turning 3 this week on the 21st. I am still debating on what type of cake to get him for his B-day. I don't really even want to buy a cake. It will be to tempting to eat. I will just have to have the will power to resist the cake
Old 09-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/185/140

Smile

Hello! I'm new to this forum today, and my weigh ins are on Sundays! I will be checking in next week to let you know how I've done for the week!

THANKS for being here!
Old 09-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #9  

Welcome Zzann!

Great!! Another person that weigh's in on Sundays. Did you just recently start WW? I just started on 9-1-06 so I have been doing it for 17 days now . I do the flex plan it's great!! I have lost 8 lbs so far in the last 17 days. Well I can't wait to hear your results next Sunday. Good Luck!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #10  

Talking

Amanda,

to another Michigander!! THANKS for the welcome! I have done WW's before and did best on the CORE plan, so that's what I'm going to do again starting tomorrow morning! I am hunting down my WATP tapes tonight and moving the coffee table in the living room so I can easily move around in there! I can't wait to see what my weigh in will be next week! It HAS to be better than what I weighed this morning!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 PM   #11  

Suzanne: I am sure you will do great next week, and at least your starting. You should be proud of yourself for taking the first step on bettering your health.

Amanda: Sounds like fun to hang out with your sister. I go to WW with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law each week and then head to Denny’s after to eat. It's is nice to have the family support to help you when you need it or just to hang out and be girls.

I hope your son has a great 3rd birthday. And you should not worry about the cake. There are a lot of Recipes you can make that are WW, that are very good to eat. If you are like me and don't want to make the cake. I would buy a low cal ice cream also for you. I usually get a coffee cup and fill it with a serving of ice cream and then a small amount of cake. I fool myself with it, since the cup over flowing and I think I am getting a lot and still within my points. That day I don't get a lot of heavy points to even it out some.

If you don't think you can do this. Also I would make sure not to keep left over after the party. That's went I get bad. I do so well at the party but after I tend to head the Refrigerator and eat like a pig- not pretty.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #12  

Suzanne: Hey, I didn't notice it until you said something but yeah we are both from Michigan. That's great that you are starting the Core Plan and Exercising. I bet you will feel great this Sunday on WI day when you discover that you have dropped 5 lbs. :

April: yes, it is great having my sister as support. We have a lot of fun together. It is really nice to have support from your family when losing weight. Thats great that your mother-in-law and sister-in-law are there for you. Sounds like a fun time girls night out at Denny's.

For my Son's Birthday cake I have decieded that I will just buy one but I will make sure that I throw the left overs away or give then away to family. I will need a lot of will power to control my eating on his Birthday but I know I can do it!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #13  

Hey girls,
Well my sister and I have decided to wait two weeks until our next Weight in. So I didn't weight myself this Sunday. But next Sunday I expect to see great results. It is going to be very hard to not weight myself for another whole week!!

For my son's birthday party I did end up buying a cake from the store but I did not eat a single bit of it. I had the party at my Mom's house and I ended up leaving all of the cake and the extra food leftovers there!!

But I did have a hard time counting the points for the other things I ate there at the party. I had only used 4 points for breakfast on Saturday so I had a lot of points left to use for the party. I had to estimate the points on a few things but I am pretty sure I over estimated for most of everything I ate. Over all I think I did very well eating at the party.

Well I can't wait to hear about everyone else’s WI results. I hope you all had a great weight in today.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #14  

Amanda:What will power you had for the party, you should be so proud of yourself. Sounds like your son and you had a great time.

I weight in today and lose 3 pounds and pretty happy with is. I notice every other week now I lose 3-4 pounds and then the other weeks I stay the same or lose a pound or less. Over all I am where I want to be on losing weight.

I hope you all had a great week and night,
April

Last edited by Sweetloml; 09-25-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #15  

Talking

Hello! I am SO geeked!! I weighed in yesterday to find that I lost 4.5 lbs.!! Yes, I know it's just the first week and much of that was probably water weight, BUT I can tell that I am getting back into the swing of things when I've insisted on eating smaller meals, have made better choices with my food, have upped my water, and have made efforts to walk whenever possible (I even ran once, something I don't do often)!

I can't get my ticker to do the 4.5 lbs., so it is showing 5.0 instead! I'll get that other half pound off and more this week!
Closed Thread