Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 06:05 PM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge -- Week 12 -- Sep 3 - 9

OHMYGOD --- WEEK 12 --- CAN YOU BELIEVE IT CHALLENGETTES

I know this is early in the week to start this... but I just want to give our Week 12 its due. Of course it goes without saying that next week will be a brand new challenge to get us primed for the holiday season and all those wonderful challenges that await us.

Having stumbled upon this website and this Thread has been a real lifeline for me especially food and program "wise". And for that I'm eternally grateful to you all.

It occured to me perhaps this week might be a great time for us to reflect on what's worked and what perhaps we still need to "work" on. What's made the difference for you? What discoveries have you made about yourself? What inspired you? Where were you and where are you now? And we're not just talking about the weight.

I'd love to hear about and remember some of those choice moments, events, epiphanies - yes the good, the bad, and the ugly - during this journey each of us have had. What do you think?

Thanks for making this happen guys... you really are the best!

Patch

Last edited by patch30; 09-06-2001 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2001, 04:54 PM   #2  

Patch - I'd like to thank for starting this challenge! I joined half way through but it has helped me immeasurably. I look forward to a new holiday inspired challenge ahead.

Best moment this summer - reaching goal 2 days prior to my high school reunion.

Worst Moment(s) - that crazy plateau that seemed to last for over a month when I was less than 1 lb away from goal.

I have to say that this was an awesome summer. Lots of golf, time with friends, a great holiday with my husband, time to garden, etc. etc. Probably the best summer in recent memory.

Now, this is going to be a great fall! I am starting a 10 week Pilates class in October and I'm thinking of joining a curling rink if I can find the time. I need to ensure that I stay active during the cold, dark months ahead.

Thanks again Patch and I'm looking forward to facing the challenge ahead with all of you!

K
Old 09-05-2001, 05:34 PM   #3  

Kena, what wonderful stuff to read. I remember when you reached goal and were talking about that skirt you were going to wear to the reunion! I never asked.. "how did it go"?

And I'm really glad you mentioned that worst moment - month long plateau... I feel as if I'm in one now having gained a few pounds back over that vacation and have not yet gotten rid of them

But that brings me to one of my Best Moments: finally breaking through my original goal weight to a couple of pounds under. Boy what a great feeling.

That Pilates class sounds great. But I've got to ask... what's a curling rink?
Old 09-06-2001, 05:40 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

This challenge has been great, Patch. Thanks for starting it.

The great moment for me has to be finally getting my 10% which had been eluding me ever since they came up with the idea. I have been trying to get back to goal for about four years now and slowing I am inching toward it.

I still have to be more careful about portion control, weighing and measuring and trying not to get up in the middle of the night and grab a snack. I've been saving points for those midnight munchies and that has worked but I really should stop giving myself permission to do it. It is a bad habit.

I wish everyone good luck this last week of this challenge and hopefully we can set up a new challenge to keep the momentum going.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:11 PM   #5  

You betcha Myra. Maybe we'll call it the 2nd Wave Grand Challenge???

Myra I remember when you hit that ten percent. It was like we all hit it there with you. What a great moment. And let's not forget... CONGRATS on losing that .6 and totaling a 20 lb loss!!! Way to Go Girl.

And boy do I relate to the munchies... which for me is that pre-dinner "cocktail hour", regardless of whether we have a drink or not, I always am craving tasty treats. Maybe we should have one (or more) of the weeklies next wave on "Munching Out".

Last edited by patch30; 09-06-2001 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 04:05 PM   #6  

Patch - the class reunion was actually quite fun. Quite a few people said - "You haven't changed a bit"......if they only knew that I was almost 40 lbs heavier only 6 months previous!!!!

Curling rink - You've heard of Curling haven't you? Believe it or not it's now an Olympic Sport! It involves throwing rocks down a sheet of ice. Hmmmm. I think in some ways in uniquely Canadian! I may join a ladies league this winter - it's actually decent exercise.

I like the new title for our upcoming challenge!

K
Old 09-06-2001, 04:30 PM   #7  
si, si signora

I'm liking the second wave challenge too! I did the first one sort of half*ssed with lots of travel and bumps in the road. I of course, will be the second half of the second wave challengette, hoping for the title of most improved or miss congeniality.

My challenges this week are:
1. not letting others stress cause me to become overwhelmed and letting exercise go by the wayside

my upcoming challenges are:
1. the same as the first
2. travel,travel,travel- not letting the thrills of premium travel interfere with my program goals or how to say "no thanks" to the haagen dazs during the movie on the plane
3. not being disappointed with my progress. I'm still biting, writing and sweating 75% of the time.

I'll admit to something. I really, really wanted to be at my goal weight by my 10th anniversary and it didn't happen , not even close. But I'm better off than where I was before I started WW and I know I'll get there eventually. Just taking the scenic route.

lala
Old 09-06-2001, 06:51 PM   #8  

Lala - boy do I love reading your stuff. What a hoot. And you definitely win the prize for Miss Congeniality and Perseverance. Hang in there - you will get to your goal and then you and your sweetie can go celebrate "this" anniversary as well. Travel is really a b-tch on one's equilibrium let alone staying on program. You're doing great, especially with all the traveling you do.
Old 09-10-2001, 10:13 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Patch: The challenge has been a great way for me to get my act together.

What's worked for me:

1) Keeping my journal accurate;
2) Writing every BLT down;
3) Walking

What I still need to work on

Hmmm...I think for me an ongoing challenge is to make sure I continue to journal each and every day. For me this is something that I need to do in order to maintain my weight. I have learned through trial and error, and a bit of getting too comfortable, that I need this. When I vear off the path is when things start to get out of control. I know this is a lifetime commitment and a lifestyle change.

I think the turning point for me was when the scale inched up to the 2# over mark and I had a rather rude awakening.

This past weekend I enjoyed the compliments of some of my DH's fellow rugby players and it felt good and this reinforced my motivation to keep the weight off. I felt good

I look forward to continuing with another challenge!
Old 09-12-2001, 08:19 AM   #10  

Here are my numbers for the past week: weigh in is tonight & I'm hoping for a loss - I'm down on my scale at home this morning.

Wed 9/5: 23
Thur 9/6: 21
Fri 9/7: 22
Sat 9/8: 27
Sun 9/9: 23
Mon 9/10: 19
Tues 9/11: 22

Average points per day: 22.3
Old 09-12-2001, 08:36 AM   #11  
Lifetimer

Katie, I'm sure you will lose. Great totals all week! Good luck.

I'm just hoping to maintain. I've been eating on the high side all week and because of an impacted wisdom tooth really haven't been exercising as much as usual. I'll let you know how it goes tonight.

Here are my totals:
Mon 24
Tue 21
Wed 24
Thur 24
Fri 21
Sat 25
Sun 24

Range: 20-25
Old 09-12-2001, 01:22 PM   #12  
LM

here are my numbers for last week (exercise points deducted)

W: 30.5
T: 23.5
F: 32
S: 37.5
S: 21.5
M: 23.5
T: 18.5

average: 27

weigh in: - 3 #?? (home scale, not reliable)
Old 09-12-2001, 02:20 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Here are my numbers for this past week:

Wed: 21
Thu: 23
Fri: 27
Sat: 32
Sun: 19
Mon: 23
Tue: 19

164 points/23 average

Posted a .4 gain this week; 142.2.

I'm ready for the next challenge
Old 09-12-2001, 02:59 PM   #14  
Lifetimer

Great loss, Laurel!

Melissa, .4 is nothing. Probably just water retention. You will lose next week.

Wish me luck. I weigh in tonight.
Old 09-12-2001, 03:31 PM   #15  
si, si signora

here are my stats: too stressed out and cranky to wi...

9/3 25
9/4 25
9/5 18
9/6 21
9/7 27
9/8 37
9/9 24

exercise: 5 days, no activity pts counted though.
Closed Thread