Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 08:58 AM   #16  
LM

seasaw well, I'm such a newbie I couldn't really give you any good WW dirt. I think the gals were mostly complaining about the WW mgt to be honest! Though there was one member who apparently marched right past the receptionist, jumped on the scale and said, "I'll pay next week." She was gently told No Way...they had a few choice words about this one. I think this could get interesting...
Old 08-24-2001, 10:10 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday everyone!

Laurel: I can relate about eating under stress...that's always been a problem for me as well. Most of the people I know "don't" eat when they're worked up...not me!

Seasaw: Thanks for the encouragement. It's been a rough path at times to get back on track and to follow the program but I'm one of those persons who really does need to keep an accurate journal...it's way too easy for me to not be aware of how much I'm eating. Anyway, I feel good about being "in control" again and am working towards getting to my personal goal. It sounds like you made good choices considering what you could have eaten. It's so easy to get overwhelmed at a luncheon like that. Good luck on your weigh in!

Katie: Congrats on the loss! I know I can get back down below 140 and to do this I have to give myself pep talks and keep visualizing how I'll feel once I get to this goal of mine. It helps me

Have a good weekend everyone! I'm off to the Windy City for a meeting on Saturday.
Old 08-24-2001, 03:40 PM   #18  

Good afternoon all!

I finished my last mentoring session this morning to be a WW leader. I had to do an entire meeting myself. It went okay, except the meeting was pretty small & I didn't get much audience participation - kinda that "deer in the headlights" look from many of them. I survived, though. I will be doing two meetings per week & won't be a receptionist/weigher any more.

Re: the "dark side" of WW - I didn't get a chance to hear much dirt since I only did one community meeting per week - I think there can be squabbling amongst some of the employees - you know, the sometimes catty ways some women can be. I hope to stay out of that if possible.

Seasaw & Melissa - looks like we are all 5'7" & aiming for a personal goal of under 140. That would be great if we could all do it.

The weekend brings our annual neighborhood block party on Saturday - it should be fun - anyone else have any big plans for the weekend?

Take care ladies,
Old 08-24-2001, 04:04 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Katie: Congratulations on finishing up the last step to becoming a WW leader. It's always hard when you have a small group and don't get the participation/feedback but it sounds like you did okay

I'm a firm believer that if you put your mind to doing something that it can be done. My goal is to get my weight back down under 140...I'd be happy with 139!

My big plans are attending a meeting in Chicago tomorrow. I leave tonight and get in late and then fly back on Sunday morning. It's kind of a whirlwind weekend but it should be okay. The meetings are dull sometimes but it's a nice weekend away if you know what I mean.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Closed Thread