Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - August 8/04

Hi everybody. Am starting the thread a day early. DH and I are looking after his grandniece and nephew tomorrow for the day and something tells me I won't get time to check in.

Just had to tell you my news. Not only did I attend a meeting on Saturday, but I was down a pound! How surprised was I?? I might have been the 10.5 km run before weigh-in, but I'm gonna take it anyway. It's given me some resolve to get back on program and get rid of this fat.

Less than 4 full weeks before Bermuda and my goal is 7 lbs which will put me back within 2 lbs of goal. I think it's do-able, but I'll have to watch carefully.

Hope you're having a great weekend. I'll try to pop in tomorrow, but something tells me the kiddies will need constant watching.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies,

Back from a little weekend trip to Saratoga. We did OK at the races and had a really nice time.

Susan congratulations on weighing in and posting a one pound loss. Your 7 pound goal is completely doable you've got a great incentive and I'm sure you'll do it!! Enjoy your day tomorrow with your grandniece and nephew..I'm sure they'll keep you busy.

Lisa you showed tremendous willpower by skipping the cake. Good for you!! Those pesky 3 pounds will be gone before you know it.

Lala while I was in New York I stopped at a farm stand and picked up some delicious native peaches. I had one this morning with breakfast. I love this time of year, great native corn and tomatoes..I could eat them almost every day.

Melissa the weather sounds nice in your area..enjoy. Hope you begin another non stressful week at work.

Well, time to decide what we'll be having for dinner tonight. I think it's going to be a chicken stir fry using some of the great veggies I picked up yesterday. Hope you all have a great week. I'll talk to you soon.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Go Susan!! What a nice surprise for you to be down!!! It's great to get some resolve and to feel that you're workouts and eating are giving you results. You can get to where you want in 4 weeks--like you said it'll take some planning but you know you can do it!

Pam: Sounds like you had a nice time in Saratoga.

Hi to Lisa & Lala!

Well, the weekend was pretty busy for me--DH left on Friday for Ireland. He was all set, ticketed, etc. and in Philly when something got screwed up. To make a long story short he was deleted from the Philly to Ireland flight and the flight was full so he ended up having to stay overnight in Philly and then wait until Saturday night to fly to Newark and then to Ireland. The guy who arranged everything was not happy about the turn of events (he's an attorney) and especially since there was a group of 37 traveling together! Anyway, he finally made it there on Sunday morning. I'll be anxious to hear how things are going for him.

My friend was in from FL and we had a great time on Saturday--I had made reservations at the tearoom my mom and I had visited 3 weeks ago in Kirtland, OH and she really enjoyed it. We laughed because we couldn't finish everything--we used to be able to do it. The weather was perfect for traveling. Sunday it was catching up on things I didn't get done on Saturday.

Overall my eating was okay. Weather continues to be nice (78 & sunny today) but rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Hello, everyone. Whew! I'm so busy at work today; this is the first chance I've had to check in.

The weekend was great. On Friday night, we got a standing ovation; that was really nice. The reviews come out this week (keep your fingers crossed). Played some golf and did terribly, but that's all right.

I was doing pretty well this weekend until I went to a cast party on Sunday night. I tried everything and then I drank a mudslide!! Oh well, back on track today and WI is tomorrow.

Susan, congrats on the weight loss. That's great. Keep on running and you'll lose that weight. I wish we could lose weight as easily as we lose other things, such as the car keys, the sunglasses, money!!

Pam, Saratoga races sounded nice.

Melissa, I wish could visit that tea room. Is your Florida friend also in WW?

Hi, lala (or did she go to France this week?)

Lisa
Old 08-10-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
si, si signora

fly by, be back tonight.

i'm in san diego enjoying (not) my work meeting. Not exercising, but not eating too badly. The convention center is over a half mile long, so I"m probably getting three miles in a day without even trying...

Technical sessions this morning followed by a Special interest group meeting that i have to run and a developers meeting. I am soo tired already.

However, its 73 degrees here and 90 at home.

i'll reply to everyone later!

lala
Old 08-10-2004, 11:04 AM   #6  

Hi all.

Whew -- hectic weekend. Lots of running around doing errands, then our visitors arrived late Sunday nite. Two small children in the house can certainly turn things upside down We actually had loads of fun with them yesterday while their parents and another couple toured the south shore. And we were glad to hand them back last nite - we were exhausted!

lala: On the road again, huh? Too bad about the temps, or maybe you prefer it a little cooler? The evenings are turning cooler here, and it's soo much better for sleeping.

Lisa: A standing ovation - good for you!! Hope the reviews are kind too. A mudslide sounds delicious, even though I'm not big on sweet drinks. What's in it?

Melissa: Sorry to hear about the travelling glitch. When my DH travelled to Italy earlier this year on business, it was a complete disaster. I'm happy yours got there not too much later than everyone else.

Pam: Saratoga - that's horse racing isn't it? I only know that from the Carly Simon song

Ladies, I'm so proud to report that I've been OP since Saturday. I feel so much better. Can't wait to weigh in and see the results of a few days of clean living!!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Back from my surface water party (did you know they party?, tomorrow is the sewer group . ) Don't even ask how I get involved in these things since my expertise is atmospheric and marine data integration. Anyways, i got a pretty cute t-shirt and free beer.

Busy day, but did okay on the eating front.

Lisa-- please post a link to your review. Sounds like the play was a success!

Melissa -- Your DH could have gotten a nice fat voucher for denied boarding. Its hard in the summer when they overbook flights and everyone shows up. I hope it did not put a damper on his trip.

Susan-- good for you. You have me freaking out about my spare tire, but I'm working on it!

Pam -- Sounds like you had fun at the races! I love the way they call local things "native" on the east coast. We brought a few peaches down from Seattle, but they don't travel well.

Tomorrow, I am practicing a bit more restraint and gulping my water!

gotta go, figure out what is going on tomorrow and check on my work email!

lala
Old 08-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

It's cool here today--62 and for the time being, sunny. We're supposed to have cooler temps the rest of the week. It's been a weird summer in that we haven't had any major hot days. The farmers are worried because the cooler temps and wet weather are hurting the tomato crops (I can sympathize because mine are not doing good either).

Lisa: Congratulations on a great show!!! One day won't undo everything you've done--it's so easy to beat ourselves up for slipping. Give yourself a pat on the back for all the good things you've done! My FL friend is not on WW; she's disciplined in going to a water aerobics class and has been able to maintain her weight pretty much since high school *sigh*. She did tell me I looked great and that made me feel good!

Susan: I would have a hard time keeping up with young kids as well and like you would most likely be exhausted at the end of the day. Woohoo for clean living! I find that once I get a couple of days under my belt I look back and think, why didn't I do this before?? Anyway, glad to hear you're back on track--can't wait to hear the results!

Lala: Sounds like you had fun with the party. The water helps and I've been making an effort to get my 6-8 glasses in; some days are better than others. I talked with DH on Monday and he said that the airline had given him a voucher for $400; I'm not sure of all details since I didn't talk with him all that long. My opinion is that they should've done more since he was the one put out. I'm sure the person who took care of everything will be making some calls, etc.

Pam: Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods!

I'm going to try and post a picture

Last edited by MelissaL; 08-11-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #9  

Hi all. Another OP day under my belt. I'm hoping for a three-pound loss this week, given that it's the first time in a long time that I've stayed within points so well. If I achieve that, I'll be more than happy

Met my new match family last nite. The mom is so young and so stressed right now with all that is happening in her life (not good). The baby is an absolute sweetheart; we hit it off immediately and she and I were competing to see who could make the loudest baby noises. I think I won

I'm hope to get a run in after work today but I have a huge blister on my heel from walking to and from work yesterday. I may have to hold off; don't want to put my 14 km route scheduled for Saturday in doubt.

lala: You go to the best parties

Melissa: Weird summer is right. Don't know what to expect when my vacation starts next weekend. It's been really nice this week - warm days and cool nights.

Hi to Lisa and Pam.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #10  

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much, but yesterday I had a medical test done--an endoscopy. All went well, thank the Lord, but I still have acid reflux. I guess that comes with age.

Went to WI last night--not happy. I'm up 1 pound. I will get serious. I haven't let up on exercising or my water, it's just the food intake!!

lala, I agree with Susan, you go to the best parties. (hee-hee) If they put the article on the web, I'll post a link. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Melissa, don't you just love friends who don't need to do much to stay thin? Your area certainly has had strange weather for the summer.

Susan, you are doing great. I would love to see a 3# loss. You go!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:31 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies,

I have been extremely busy at work. My administrative assistant is on vacation this week and I am realizing how much I rely on her I am happy to admit, other than last Friday (my day at the races), I have been completely OP, hope I am rewarded nicely when I weigh in on Friday. I still need to work on getting in more exercise though..

Melissa sorry to hear about DH's travel problems, the $400 voucher is nice but not worth the aggrevation. Nice compliment from your friend. You seem so good with staying on program, I bet you don't have big weight fluctuations. For the most part I don't either..I have a number I keep in mind and when I start getting close to that number showing up on the scale I usually can get my act together. We're having a kind of crazy summer here also..very cool in the evening.

Susan You are doing so well I'm sure you will see a 3 pound loss. Sounds like you had a hectic day with the kids. I agree it's nice to give them back to Mom and Dad at the end of the day. I'm glad I was raising mine in my 20's and 30's and now that I'm in my 40's they are pretty much self sufficient

Lisa Bravo on the standing ovation..I would love to read the reviews, hope you can post a link. Hope you are feeling better after the test and the acid reflux has subsided.

lala the party sounds interesting. Hey a cute T shirt and a beer is a good deal. Your work sounds very interesting tell us more about what you do, inquiring minds need to know..

Ok time to get back to work or I'll never get out of here tonight. Talk to you later....
Old 08-11-2004, 11:56 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Tonight was a vendor party (south of the border) -- ate two of those sugared tortilla bits and a few other not too good things and the sewer party. Nothing good at the sewer party, but more free food and drink. I did okay though as I ate mostly veggies and chicken satay strips. I heard a guy call the chicken satays -- chicken popsicles. I think this atkins thing has actually made the food better at these events...

Pam -- I do alot of work in geographic information systems (GIS) or mapping, its mostly data integration and new technologies. This is the big user conference and its 13,000 mapheads in one place including lots of defense people. Its sort of a strange combo. I give my talk tomorrow and so does DP. We came home early tonight to look at our talks.

Good for you and staying on the straight and narrow other than Saratoga, pass some of that down here will ya.

Ditto for Susan -- you go girl. When I dont try, I lose, when i obsess, i gain. I am getting sort of irritated. Your "baby" sounds great. Sorry about your blister, you will heal soon. (heel, get it?)

Lisa -- sorry to hear about your endoscopy, glad they didn't find anything.

Melissa -- A 400 dollar voucher is nothing to sneeze at.. I hope it was on US Air.

Okay, gotta go an give DP a hand with her talk.

Tomorrow, there is a brazillian themed party at the end. I think we'll go for an hour, but I may pass on the food.

lala
Old 08-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #13  

Hi, everyone. Boy, is it busy. My coworker is out this week in Hawaii. As is typical, lots of work came in on her contracts. Oh well, it's better than being bored!!

I'm trying to stay OP today. I'm still frustrated about being up a pound at WI.

The review came out and it mainly discussed Neil Simon's writing and hardly mentioned the actors at all, except to say that we worked hard to be more than one-dimensional characters. Oh well, that's show biz.

lala, mmm chicken satay at the sewer party?? That sounds weird.

Gotta go.

Lisa
Old 08-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #14  

Will this week ever end? My office mate has been on vacation and I swear she's been gone a month instead of a little less than 2 weeks. Can't wait til Monday when I'll have company again.

lala: I "operated" on my blister last night and was able to run today. Just needed to relieve a bit of the pressure. How did your talk go?

Lisa: Please don't tell me about any more age-related ailments. I'm having a hard enough time dealing with these hot flashes Glad the test went well but sorry that you'll just have to live with the reflux thing. Can't be pleasant.

Pam: We've been without an admin asst since the end of February and boy, are we aware of all the things that she did to keep things running smoothly. We're interviewing next week to replace her. I fervently hope the new person will be here when I get back from vacation in September.

Melissa: At least your DH got something for his trouble. Hope you can use the voucher to go somewhere nice together. Mine got a $400 voucher from KLM in April and we've used it for our tickets to Thailand.

I kinda fell off the wagon last nite -- actually, I used (and counted) more flex points than I thought I would but I was hungry for some reason. Hoping that the run this morning will balance out any "damage" I did with the frozen yogurt and chocolate animal crackers

DH are going downtown tonight to see some of the busker festival. His folks are arriving tomorrow for the weekend and his Dad can't walk far so our only chance to see any of the performers is this evening.

Vacation is only a week away!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:59 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

Seems like we're all having some work related stress this week due to vactions..but I agree with Lisa better to be busy than bored. Well tomorrow is Friday and I have to work. I was getting used to my Friday's off, but I have too much going on this week. The weekend is shaping up nicely, we're going to a restaurant tasting in Northampton on Saturday. Northampton is a very neat college town here in MA that has many excellent restaurants. Unfortunately I'm sure I'll eat a little too much. On Sunday we're going to the Great New England Air Show that is taking place at a local airforce base. The company I work for is a sponsor so free food and drinks..can't pass up that!!

Lala hope your talk (and DP's) goes well. I can't wait to hear how the Brazilian themed party goes. I'm sending you some OP vibes..I think this weekend I may need some myself. Oh, those sugared tortilla bits at South of the Border, I love them and usually end up eating more than I should.

Lisa hope your not too stressed at work. How is the weather where you live, I heard Southern Florida is getting a lot of rain today due to a huricane moving up the coast.

Susan at least you counted the extra points. My problem is I tend to get the munchies at night. I'm good throughout the day, but once I get home from work I graze. Last night I ended up having some points left over so I had 1/2 cup of pumpkin flavored ice cream. It was delicious, but after I ate it I wondered why I didn't just bank the points instead of feeling like I always have to use them??

Hi to Melissa.

Well, back to work..I'll talk to you later...
Closed Thread