Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2001, 12:07 AM   #1  

I am sure lots of us have "emergency" food stashes in our desks at work to combat late-afternoon munchies or office party temptations. What is in your stash?
Mine:
dried apricots
diet hot cocoa
low-fat chewy granola bars
instant oatmeal

Would love to get more ideas. (Yes, I am posting this again - the original disappeared. :confused:
Old 02-02-2001, 12:34 AM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Neat idea!!

I keep the following in my drawer:

WW 2pt bars
Luna bars
pirate b o o t y (when i can find it!)
soup
lowfat crackers
oatmeal
snack crackers (like wheat thins etc)
carnation instant breakfast

Anyone else??

Tara

------------------
[email protected]
http://www.picturetrail.com/tara1971
Old 02-02-2001, 12:47 AM   #3  

I like to keep single serving sizes of applesauce, low-fat crackers, Baked Tostitos, fat-free pudding cups, and Cookie Crisp cereal (1 cup is 2 points, and it's better than cookies from the vending machine!)
Old 02-02-2001, 12:55 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Taco Bell Fire Sauce! Ketchup packets! LOL!

I don't keep nothing there!
Old 02-02-2001, 12:56 AM   #5  
Wolfangel

Hmm. It varies. Right now I have FF Pringles (15 for 1 pt.!) and Instant Oatmeal. I usually have some kind of fruit and I try to always bring my lunch with baby carrots or cucumbers.

Old 02-02-2001, 01:12 AM   #6  
si, si signora

good question:

luna bars, go lean bars, power bar essentials, really, really good french chocolate (usually just a few small tablets),decaf freeze dried coffee that is really good and tea.

We have a fridge here, so I'm trying to bring frozen dinners (homemade or healthy choice), cascadian farms frozen veg packages, fruit, a half pt. of milk and some laughing cow cheese in at the beginning of the week so that I can make something if I'm desperate.

The water cooler with hot and cold water is a lifesaver too.

lala
Old 02-02-2001, 02:12 AM   #7  

I always keep some of the following on hand:

coffee, tea, f/f hot choc packages (love the Swiss Miss French Vanilla!), popcorn or pretzels, instant oatmeal, applesauce, raisins or fresh fruit, soy nuts, granola bar, s/f hot apple cider packages (15 cal/each), dried soup mix, and hard candy (lately I've been into "Coffee Shop" coffe flavored candy, but I also love starlight mints, Creme Savers and Baskin Robbins Mint Choc Chip).

As you can see, I'm ready for any craving that hits!!

I went through a really challenging time before the holidays where afternoons were my biggest binge threat. Since then, I've been experimenting with different eating times, moving my lunch up to 11:30 from 12:30, then planning a snack into my afternoon around 3 or 3:30 - before I start to feel hungry. Seems to be helping curb my late afternoon craving for Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Milanos...

Kim
Old 02-02-2001, 03:17 AM   #8  

Sweet n' Low and cinnamon for my oatmeal. Nothing else or I'd eat it just because it was there. I do have 1 bag of microwave popcorn under the seat in my car. I have to be starving to go all the way out to the car for it, so it is pretty safe. In a year I’ve had 1 bag. I like knowing it’s there but I’ve made it inconvenient enough so that I don’t eat it just because.

Mary Ellen
Old 02-02-2001, 03:32 AM   #9  

Mary Ellen,
I agree with stashing in the car. Although I do bring my lunch to work most days, I've learned I need to leave it in the car until time to eat it or it may start calling me about 9:30AM, especially when it's something new I'm dying to try. I only bring in the office the piece of fruit I plan to eat at 10:00 and the yogurt I have at 3:00. Those stashes would never work in my desk drawer... too convenient!
Paige

[This message has been edited by Parsp (edited 02-01-2001).]
Old 02-02-2001, 03:36 AM   #10  

I always keep a bag of light popcorn which I find helps to stave off the munchies when I get home, always my most challenging time. I want to eat the paint off the walls then! And I have to have Tootsie Pops. They are only 1 point per piece and take a nice long time to eat.

Rebecca
Old 02-02-2001, 04:26 AM   #11  

Sounds like we are all really prepared!

Mine overflows my drawer - right now I have Chocolate Parfait Nips and Peanut Butter Nips, Velamints Chocolate Mints, 2 packages of Dole peaches, a whole box of Barbara's Puffins cereal, Dr. McDougall's Ramen Chicken Noodles, Vegetarian Chili, Tamale Pie and Split Pea Soup (we're talking cases of 6 here), canned carrots and asparagus. In the fridge - frozen WW entrees, frozen vegetables in bags, Baker's Breakfast Cookies, Laughing Cow cheese, Tostitos Salsa Con Queso, Hummus, corn tortillas. Oh - and a Costco package of 12 packages of Healthy Pop popcorn.

It's embarrassing.....

Helen
Old 02-02-2001, 05:42 AM   #12  

Right now I have a box of microwave light popcorn and some dried pineapple rings (just got those today and haven't opened them because I don't know how many points they are). In my friend's drawer, however, I have a bag of Milky Way Light miniatures, a can of those Rice Krispies crunchy treats (3 pts for 1 cup) and some caramel Tastations,. If they are in my drawer, I eat one every time I open it. If they are in her drawer, she sees me every time I get one. Just a little trick I play on myself! You know how some people keep a bowl of candy out on their desk, supposedly for others to share? No way I can do that- I would eat it all in the first hour and then sniff and lick the empty bowl the rest of the day!

Diane
Old 02-02-2001, 06:07 AM   #13  

Cinnamon chewing gum, V8 juice, applesauce, fruit cocktail, snackwell cookies 2pt pk, hard chocolate candies and lots of tea bags!

Naylene
Old 02-02-2001, 06:26 AM   #14  

In my desk I keep Dole fruit bowls (1pt), a variety of Trader Joe's cups of soup (2-4pts), Just 2 points bars, and 94% FF popcorn. I keep the low fat ham/turkey and laughing cow light cheese in the fridge.
I no longer keep Pirates B***y anywhere near.

Old 02-02-2001, 07:08 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Great thread!

I keep the following:

V-8
saltine crackers
FF Tapioca pudding
Gum
Baker's Breakfast Cookie
Just 2 Points Bars
Pretzels
Swiss Miss FF French Vanilla Cocoa