Old 10-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome jillybean.

For weekly weigh-in I'm down to 236.7 today. That's down .5 lbs from last week. Technically I weigh myself almost every day, but I am trying to keep just weekly updates to this thread. I'm participating in a 10 week challenge, and today was also the first week weigh-in for that.

Also, exciting news.. well kinda exciting, it'll be more exciting later. Boyfriend had me pick out an engagement ring. I'm super picky about jewelry, and don't really wear it, so he wanted to be 100% sure it would be something I'd want to wear. I'm not allowed to know when he actually gets it, and the proposal has to be a surprise, but I'm still all excited now. Yay!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #32  
JAYNE

S/C/G: 276/251/150

How exciting for you! A good motivation to continue!
jillybean2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #33  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Omg - what a LONG LONG LONG week. My dad got discharged from the hospital late last night. He had gotten E. Coli in his bloodstream which made him septic and have pancreantitis. It was definitely a scary few days.

I lost 3lbs last week at WW! I'll take it! I had to miss my weighin/meeting this week, but will definitely go next Thursday.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #34  

Thanks jillybean! Definitely exciting, and a very large motivator for weight loss. We've already talked about wedding stuff and that'd still be a few years down the road.. so gives me plenty of time to get healthy before that stress starts.

SoMuchFattitude - I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better, and awesome on being down 3 lbs for last week
Old 10-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #35  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Hi everyone!! I lost 1.8 this past week which I was so not expecting after a big weight loss the week before and my period at weigh in, but I've been doing Simple Start and it's obviously working!!

yesterday I ran a race and it was the first race I have done since May, but it was fun to get out there again.

Congrats, sunarie! That's so exciting! I hope you share a picture of the ring after he propses
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #36  

Tudor Rose - Congrats on the weight loss, and the race! Glad to hear things are going well. I will make sure and post a picture when I actually get the ring. I know announcing a planned engagement prior to getting a ring is sorta a faux pas, but I was so excited that I wanted to share.

Boyfriend's dad visited this weekend, and I stayed on plan for most the visit. Went over my daily points by I don't know how much yesterday. It was a longer day than normal because we got up several hours earlier than we typically would.. so I was eating lunch when I'd usually eat breakfast and so on. We went to dinner at a place that didn't have nutritional information available, I only had 11 points left for the day and I picked Chicken Fajitas (3 of them). I'm not really bugged by it though, which is kinda awesome.

Back on track today
Old 10-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #37  
Sassafrass

Yay Jill! Congrats!!!

Sun - Keep on, keepin on! Love that you aren't bugged by it.

--

Not much to report. Weigh in is on Thursday. I'm out of weeklies, and that's ok. I typically am after the weekend. Dad is home from the hospital and resting. Unfortunately, my Uncle also went into the hospital around the same time, but with a blood clot in his groin. He survived, but they have to amputate his leg from above the knee. He's a super active guy, as in - he's been a farmer (produce and animal) his entire life. I just can't imagine. I am crushed for him. I've been contemplating flying home (Vermont) to see him and be there for his support (and my Aunt) for a little bit. We'll see.

Life is crazy, y'all.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #38  

SoMuchFattitude - It's great that your dad is home from the hospital. I am sorry to hear about your Uncle. Blood clots can be particularly nasty. I just found out last week we have to get my son tested for Protein S Deficiency, which apparently runs on his dad's side. Son's dad, brother, and grandpa on that side all have it. It makes you prone to blood clots, especially blood clots in bad areas. His dad had one in his upper thigh at age 35, but luckily medication got it to loosen up and surgery wasn't required. I'd say if you have the time/money, definitely go out and be there for support. Sending thoughts your way!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #39  
Sassafrass

Thanks Sun! Good luck with your son! Keep us posted. You're in my thoughts. <3

How's everyone else's week going?!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #40  

Today was weekly challenge weigh-ins. Weighed in at 135.4 which puts me down 1.3lbs from last week's weigh-in. Got to update my ticker too I'm now over halfway towards my first mini-goal since I joined this site. Yay!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #41  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
Today was weekly challenge weigh-ins. Weighed in at 135.4 which puts me down 1.3lbs from last week's weigh-in. Got to update my ticker too I'm now over halfway towards my first mini-goal since I joined this site. Yay!
Way to go!!
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #42  

Thanks Dixiemom! I'm definitely excited. I like seeing the progress on the scale cause I can't see it in the mirror yet. When I get down to my mini-goal I'm going to try on the bridesmaid's dress I wore for my sister's wedding and see if it maybe fits a little better. It's the pretty purple one I'm in for the picture that's on my profile.. and it's a bit tight. You can see me muffining over the the top. I'm hoping it'll fit better when I've lost nearly 15lbs since I last wore it.. even if it's just the tiniest bit better.

It is kinda neat that since I wore that dress right around when I started my goal I can use it as a visual for how much I've lost.

Oh, and another slight win. My pants fit without being all tight after the wash now. Usually they're a lot tighter right out of the wash and then after wearing them for a little while they start to feel comfortable again. This time they fit right away!

Last edited by sunarie; 10-24-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #43  
JAYNE

S/C/G: 276/251/150

Hi girls! I went to my first meeting after joining WW and down 5.2 lbs. I ended up spraining my knee on Tuesday when I was out walking but it is slowly getting better. It still is swollen but much better and really enjoying the ease of the plan versus counting calories and macronutrients.
jillybean2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 128.7kg/125.1kg/80kg

Height: 168cm

Piping in on the October Chat as well. :-)
Well, I have a bit of a cold at the moment and thus feel quite crappy. I have been drinking NeoCitran (something like Lemsip I believe?), which helps with the cold, but I'm not so sure how it ties in with points or if I should even count it. Besides, having felt so blah yesterday, we've ordered dinner instead of cooking ourselves. I had an Indian Veggie Curry, which I figured wasn't that bad. Plus, I still had plenty of weekly extra points left.
Did my Weigh-In this morning and I lost half a kilo (approx. 1 pound) since last week.
At first I was a bit disappointed, but considering the Extras I had last week and imagining the amount I've lost in the form of butter really helped to not be disappointed anymore.
Tanyanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #45  

That's awesome Jayne. I know I mentioned it in the other thread, but I hope your knee gets better soon. It really is best to keep off it for the most part until it's healed. So listen to your doctor (I learned that the hard way many years ago).

Tanyanka, welcome to the chat thread. Grats on your 1lb loss. That's about what I average. Sometimes it gets hard seeing other people post bigger losses and all, but then I remind myself that slow and steady is still a loss.. and look at the progress I have actually made week by week. I have everything all mapped out in excel sheets and graphs. Hope your cold gets better. Seems to be going around.