Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #16  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I cannot even fathom that. Just reading how she passed brought tears to my eyes, so I can only imagine what you're going through.

Have you thought about seeing a grief counselor?
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 254/247/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi KimberlyP,
My name is Anne-Marie and I am so sorry to hear of your recent loss.

I do know how you feel, as I lost my mom and my dad within 3 years of eachother - which started a downward spiral for me I never would have imagined. In late June 2006, my mom was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. Though she went through one round of chemo, by July 16th, 2006 - she was dead. Less than 3 weeks! It was a shock and I was in a fog for about 2+ years. Then, one evening - November 2009, I found my father, dead in his home. VERY unexpectedly! Talk about pictures that haunt you. I will never get that out of my head. I am an only child and though I have a wonderful husband and daughter, plus many friends and family-in-laws, it has taken me until now to get back on the wagon and do something good for myself and my family...take care of me.

I just joined WW online 3 weeks ago. I have lost and regained the same 75+lbs all my life. I was a chubby kid who became a skinny 20 something who morphed into a fat 49 year old.

Please know that you are not alone in either your grief or your weight loss/gain battle. I don't post much on message boards and I can't believe this post is so long, but something about your words drew me in and made me reply.

Hugs to you and be gentle and kind to yourself. You are going through so much - you wouldn't allow someone to kick someone else when they were down, why do it to yourself? (we all have this problem, right?)

emagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #18  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to suggest looking for a support group in your neighborhood. My church has a group called Griefshare that meets weekly. It's not a forever group, just a place to go and share until your life slowly begins to brighten.

Losing a parent is quite traumatic. It couldn't hurt to seek professional help in coping with the grief.

Do the next right thing and be kind to yourself. It's what your mom would want for you.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #19  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Kimberly

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Please take good care of yourself. I agree with others that a grief group or perhaps grief counseling may be a good idea. Please remember that we care about you and want the best for you.

HUGS.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #20  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I am so sorry about you going through all of this. Losing a mother is one of the biggest losses one can experience in his/her life. I lost my mother as well. I let my weight go. I was able to lose the weight 3 years later, and now I've gained some back. Lean on us and we will make it through this journey together.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

So sorry to hear. Try and take care of yourself. One day at a time.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #22  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

im so very sorry to hear what you are going through reading about your mom's passing nearly made me cry....I cant fathom what I will do when my mom passes away....I agree with what the others said, focus on small things to take care of yourself, be kind to yourself through the grieving/healing process, reach out to grief counselors and support groups in the area....please keep posting and let us know how things are going for you
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote