Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! I am just diving in here hoping for some support. I have lost weight numerous times but can't ever keep it off! I have calorie counted, worked out 7 days a week, and most recently lost 63 pounds doing Ideal Protein. That was a mistake! As soon as I phased off I gained weight instantly. I am now almost at square one again, not quite and I am not weighing in officially yet, and it's time to gain control.

I decided to just order an at home points plus kit because I like doing things on my own. The money I dropped on that should be motivation enough to keep it up. So, I will be leaning on you for the support I would get if I was attending meetings. (There isn't any close to me really anyway.)

Until I get my kit I will be just watching portions and cutting the crap. I am so excited to start something I can actually incorporate into my everyday life. I felt so boxed in on Ideal and this will feel so much better, even if I am more restricted.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
I just started WW on Monday. I don't have meetings either! I'm considering starting an email group/chain thing! Let me know if you'd be interested!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #17  

I posted this under introductions yesterday, so thought I would re post it here, because some of you guys sound alot like me. I normally need to know everything about something for it to sink in for me. And I have no support, so I am on my own. I thnk I need some mentors.

HI, I am thinking of trying WW, I know nothing about it. About 32 yrs ago I tried it and I remember it worked for me.
Now I am 57, and need make some changes. I have tried South Beach twice, but the changes weren't something I could keep doing forever.
So, is there anyway I can get a sample of what WW's is like(sample menus of a normal day)? I know there are meetings in the town near me, and I have access to online. So, that is not a problem.
I need real support. Any suggestions.
Thank you.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

For me WW is the best plan out there. You can enjoy delicious food ( no self punishing regiments that are impossible to maintain long-term) and with a little creativity and accountability you can loose lots of weight.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Missed your post, Chickadee. I just turned 62. I'm glad to hear you are still going through changes. Thats what keeps us young. I am not currently attending meetings, but I am quite familiar with the program. I would be happy to offer my support. You can message me if you like.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I copied a a couple menus for you from elsewhere chickadee
B~ 2 eggs "fried" in Pam spray
3 slices center cut bacon
24 oz water

L~ Tuna salad on lite wheat
Lay's Chips
24 oz water

S~ string cheese

D~ Baked chicken breast
Roasted asparagus
side salad with evoo/balsamic

S~ Popcorn on the couch!
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #21  

reakfast
Nonfat sophie banana cream pie greek yogurt
1/3 c. peanut butter chocolate puffins (need to buy another box)
1/2 c. fresh blueberries
French Vanilla Coffee with skim milk and equal

Lunch
2 slices ARnold multigrain bread with 1 tbs Peanut butter and 1 tbs Sugar Free Apple Butter
1/2 banana
Wish I had carrots but I have zero produce in my house

Snack
Luna Blueberry Bliss bar
Tea

Dinner
1/2- 3/4 c. edamame
side salad with ginger dressing
7 pieces sashimi
3 of eel and cucumber roll

Snack
maybe a small apple baked with cinnamon and a splenda or a weight watcher dulce de leche bar
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #22  

B: honey-PB-banana oatmeal, coffee w/h&h + splenda

Snack: cottage cheese

L: egg white omelet w/mushrooms, 2% cheese and turkey sausage, wheat english muffin w/pumpkin butter, cantaloupe

Snack: Luna chocolate cherry almond protein bar, apple wedges

D: crockpot italian chicken penne (recipe is from the runsforcookies.com blog, a friend of mine tried it and said it's awesome so I can't wait to eat it tonight!), broccoli w/parm cheese and butter spray

Dessert: 2 toll house choco chip cookies, lowfat milk and maybe one Reeses mini pumpkin
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 239/198/160

Height: 5'4"

I just started WW too! I'm doing meetings because I need as much encouragement as possible and I need to make sure I'm held accountable. I started dieting and exercising on my own about 10 month ago. I ended up losing 16lbs, then some how got off track and gained it all back except 1lb. I want to lose 70lbs and hope that weight watchers can help! Good luck!

Last edited by IamJordanNicole; 01-12-2013 at 03:56 PM.
IamJordanNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #24  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksoitsjen View Post
I just started WW on Monday. I don't have meetings either! I'm considering starting an email group/chain thing! Let me know if you'd be interested!
Count me in!
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #25  

Thank you for this information, sounds doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbyforty View Post
B: honey-PB-banana oatmeal, coffee w/h&h + splenda

Snack: cottage cheese

L: egg white omelet w/mushrooms, 2% cheese and turkey sausage, wheat english muffin w/pumpkin butter, cantaloupe

Snack: Luna chocolate cherry almond protein bar, apple wedges

D: crockpot italian chicken penne (recipe is from the runsforcookies.com blog, a friend of mine tried it and said it's awesome so I can't wait to eat it tonight!), broccoli w/parm cheese and butter spray

Dessert: 2 toll house choco chip cookies, lowfat milk and maybe one Reeses mini pumpkin
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #26  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I like WW. I consider it a pumped up version of calorie counting.

I have been thinking about rejoining. I had a 20lb loss the first time around and stuck to it for 3 months, which is great for me, but I wasn't at the right place mentally. I think I am now, but I just have to get the $50 dollars to sign up for the first 3 months.

I do enjoy their website and their app and that fact that you can find points for when you go out to eat. People have lives and sometimes you're running around town, realize you're starving, and want to swing into a Subway or something. I dislike diets that promote cutting out all sorts of foods and stuff.

Sure, we all know whole foods are better but...
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone,

I'm in my third week of Ideal Protein. I wanted to do WW but was persuaded by a good friend in my office to do IP with her. I had misgivings, because I know WW works, but she had a friend who has lost 30 pounds quickly on IP and that's about how much we both want to lose. I have lost 8 pounds in two weeks, but I think I read the fine print too much....the whole unbalanced concept of IP makes me nervous. Plus, I want to work out. I've always lost weight before by eating less and moving more, but on IP they discourage exercise. Plus, I read that soy is not great for people in general, especially those with thyroid issues, which I have a minor one.

So, I'm hoping to ease off IP and start incorporating some healthy carbs in and will follow the WW guidelines. Smaller portions, and more exercise. Now, what to do with all the IP food I have at home!
PamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Welcome back! I'm sorry you gained your weight back, I know that is hard! That's one of the things that I love about WW. It is flexible and can be tailored to any way that you want to eat for the rest of your life. Good luck!!
Jennifer, how long have you been a WW's member? I have been one off and on all my life. It wasn't until I got diabetes in 2007 I started having weight issues.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I have restarted WW also..... I haven't had my 2nd weigh in yet.... But my first was a 6.2 pound loss. What I like about the PP is if u run out of points for the day u always have fruits and veggies.... That's awesome and healthier than "giving up" which is what I normally do.

I have don a program similar to IP in the past.... But I am a yo-yo dieter. I am looking forward to staying on WW as long as I need to.
Good luck to everyone!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote